Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We'll use a ukulele or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I think you should mentally prepare for the loving possibility that Visiting Day sucks.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Does anybody actually believe that Tony told AJ not to park on dry leaves?
Cause I do not.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You can grill loving steaks on that converter.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I wonder what percentage of the whole of the show's dialogue has been quoted verbatim in this thread. Maybe 15%?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And 65% zeppole.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Not this much. I like the thread's that have some quotes

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

kalel posted:

I wonder what percentage of the whole of the show's dialogue has been quoted verbatim in this thread. Maybe 15%?
Well since probably 3% of it is multiple people saying “Ohhhhhhh!!” maybe.

I’ll add another percent:

Past
Manicott
Ziti

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Where'd you get this bread? The bread museum?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Quasimodo predicted us quoting all this.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water

banned from Starbucks posted:

Not this much. I like the thread's that have some quotes

lol

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Matt Zerella posted:

Nah you're not a rube at all. It's a tour de force of so many funny things everyone remembers about the show.

AJ punching the car window
AJ confusing Tony and Carmella with the philosophy
Fuckin Intahnet
The importance of fresh produce when you're married
Chris and Favreau
It's my fault I don't communicate my needs

That's off the top of my head. It's a top tier episode.

Absolutely. I think people tend to remember episodes as 'the one where one particular thing happens' but the AJ plot is some of the best family material in the series and ropes in the other characters really well. The scene where AJ gets sent to Livia and she eagerly confirms to her grandson that life is an empty void and we all die alone is an absolute classic

The Hollywood stuff in D-Girl (and the whole series) is a lot broader than usual but I do actually like the arc of Christopher seeming like a looming danger to the naive Amy and Favreau characters and he ends up getting chewed up for an authentic-sounding mob anecdote and spat out. It also vaguely recalls the actually-good B-plot of A Hit Is A Hit (the stuff with Tony briefly befriending Cusamano and his white collar set and getting burned) and I'm up for any time the show has Christopher relive a Tony plot

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

wherever you go,
whatever you do,
I'm coming to
defile,
defile,
you

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GolfHole posted:

Does anybody actually believe that Tony told AJ not to park on dry leaves?
Cause I do not.

He maybe said it once, in passing, half under his breath and years before AJ so much as had his learner's permit. But that doesn't matter because he knows he told him that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AJ's truck, whatever happened there...

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

Absolutely. I think people tend to remember episodes as 'the one where one particular thing happens' but the AJ plot is some of the best family material in the series and ropes in the other characters really well. The scene where AJ gets sent to Livia and she eagerly confirms to her grandson that life is an empty void and we all die alone is an absolute classic

The Hollywood stuff in D-Girl (and the whole series) is a lot broader than usual but I do actually like the arc of Christopher seeming like a looming danger to the naive Amy and Favreau characters and he ends up getting chewed up for an authentic-sounding mob anecdote and spat out. It also vaguely recalls the actually-good B-plot of A Hit Is A Hit (the stuff with Tony briefly befriending Cusamano and his white collar set and getting burned) and I'm up for any time the show has Christopher relive a Tony plot

and ofcourse, the payoff for the whole Cuse-subplot is Tony creating a "mysterious package" to mess with him later on as a revenge

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

people say AJ is a bad actor but he's easily the most believable kid I've ever seen on television

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a show-quoter like my dad was?

And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
"If there were children playing in those leaves, you'd have run them over."

AJ: "I guess?"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

"If there were children playing in those leaves, you'd have run them over."

AJ: "I guess?"

And of course their expression when he says it’s good he won’t get another car, because we need to break our independence on foreign oil:

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
"Stay outta our way, and don't be so gay ..."

For years this part of their lyrics, on top of the meowing has cracked me up. It's like some 8th grader wrote the lyrics but its an actual band hoping to get a record label and be on the radio. David Chase is a genius

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MrMojok posted:

And of course their expression when he says it’s good he won’t get another car, because we need to break our independence on foreign oil:

for some reason this image pops into my head from time to time:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So you finally read a book and it's bullshit.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The bricks?!?! :confused:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That’s dicked up

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
Who's letting out those big ones?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it's ghee, it's clarified butter!!!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

kalel posted:

There's no way to know that. Even with computers.

Christ, I saw thirty new posts and thought Micheal Imperioli died or some poo poo.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It’s my intention to make sure for the rest of my life, this thread periodically has a quote posted, or somebody pushing webistics, whatevah.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Anyone else got a problem with Webistics???

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
Give me 1000 post

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Da horse is sick!

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Lock this thread. That cookie poo poo makes me nervous.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Quotes just show the ultimate absurdity of posting.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

You cut our ski lift cable.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Teddy Roosevelt once made a whole effortpost with a bullet lodged in his chest. Some things are just a matter of duty.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BiggerBoat posted:

There's no way to know that. Even with computers.

Christ, I saw thirty new posts and thought Micheal Imperioli died or some poo poo.

That's always a worry when I see my bookmarks for Sopranos, Wire, 30 Rock. If something gets 50 posts in a day it seems like someone died or got metoo'd, or both.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm TRYIN to free myself up to do a liddle global thinkin *upward finger twirl*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Quotes just show the ultimate absurdity of posting.

goons bring certain modes of posting from all the way back in the old website. from the poverty of fark.com, where all higher authority was corrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I don't have to kick up for cryptocoins do I? Nothin for nothin, it's not real money.