Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just to check, are they listing the packs and then the individual games in the pack?
It's 3 games (Ultra Street Fighter® IV, Street Fighter V - Champion Edition, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, plus the coupon), then 2 packs which are listed as "Capcom Arcade Stadium" and "Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just to check, are they listing the packs and then the individual games in the pack?
It's confusing. There's only five Steam keys. The vast majority of the listed games are part of the Capcom Arcade (2nd) Stadium.

The reason it's confusing is because many of the listed titles have standalone PC ports/remaster (Bionic Commando, Strider, etc.) but those aren't included here, just the arcade originals.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's confusing. There's only five Steam keys. The vast majority of the listed games are part of the Capcom Arcade (2nd) Stadium.

The reason it's confusing is because many of the listed titles have standalone PC ports/remaster (Bionic Commando, Strider, etc.) but those aren't included here, just the arcade originals.
It's more confusing because it was possible (at least on switch when I first saw the program) that you can get each arcade game by itself vs the full package so that might be why it's saying "40+ games in one!" and...it is that many games as well I guess.

Oh and you can also by cheats that work on all the games I guess lol https://store.steampowered.com/app/1560440/Capcom_Arcade_Stadium_Invincibility/

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I tried to play Shadow Man Remastered docked this afternoon and for whatever reason the game refuses to work with a controller.

Playing in portable mode with the Deck controls works perfectly fine, but having a controller plugged makes the joysticks stop working. If I switch the controller order the joysticks work until I press a button. It's the weirdest thing.

I tried googling it and got nothing back, just other people having the same issue with no solutions.

Has anybody had similar issues? Suggestions for fixes? Might just be an issue with the game because it's never happened before.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, any hope for Nightingale to work on the deck, or will my fan go nuts with it?

I'd settle for 30fps :shrug:

Right now it’s pretty hosed on the Deck, apparently:

Hopefully they’ll figure that out!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Subjunctive posted:

Right now it’s pretty hosed on the Deck, apparently:

Hopefully they’ll figure that out!

Well, I was more referring to the performance, but this counts, I suppose. Can't get performance if it just doesn't start. :shrug:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, I was more referring to the performance, but this counts, I suppose. Can't get performance if it just doesn't start. :shrug:

fwiw the servers are apparently really hosed right now and playing SP is still playing on their servers . There's no local PvE or anything. In my book mandatory online makes a game a no-go for deck, but that's just how I use it. Either way the winning move for now seems to be to give it a week or two for them to unfuck their launch-era server problems.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Balatro is $10.50 on GMG if you are so inclined.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cyrano4747 posted:

fwiw the servers are apparently really hosed right now and playing SP is still playing on their servers . There's no local PvE or anything. In my book mandatory online makes a game a no-go for deck, but that's just how I use it. Either way the winning move for now seems to be to give it a week or two for them to unfuck their launch-era server problems.

I just fiddled with it a bit before dinner and it was OK, but I’m still in tutorial levels. That architecture sounds obnoxious though, I hope they permit dedicated servers at some point before release!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

MarcusSA posted:

And it works well on the deck.

(Provided you turn down the crt effect.)

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm only a few levels in, but so far Penny's Big Breakaway is perfect for Steam Deck.

Runs at a locked 60 (I turned off vsync and just set "Target 60" in the game's video settings) while rarely taxing the CPU or GPU beyond 50%. It's a colorful, stylized platformer from the Sonic Mania team. The environmental visual style gives off super strong Megaman Legends vibes.

I'll check back in with more thoughts as I spend more time with it. Hopefully it holds up, because good modern platformers are rare and playing something like this on the Deck feels super novel.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I'm playing that on Switch and it's a hard locked 60 even there so I would expect it to be flawless on the Deck. OLED owners might even get 90 out of it.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MarcusSA posted:

I forgot about it so I paid the Steam Tax and I've gotta say:

Seems like a perfect phone game.

I hear they're workin' on that.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Does anyone know how Dark Souls 3, Sekiro and Elden Ring compare graphically on Deck to on a PS5? I got the souls bug and I’m wondering which console to get em on :thunk:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Does anyone know how Dark Souls 3, Sekiro and Elden Ring compare graphically on Deck to on a PS5? I got the souls bug and I’m wondering which console to get em on :thunk:

are you joking. they look and run way way way better on ps5

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

Quantum of Phallus posted:

are you joking. they look and run way way way better on ps5

Ah okay. I didn’t know if the improvement was marginal or significant, cool cool I’ll grab em on PS then! Thank ye

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

great games :cheers:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if you're getting all 3, i'd play them in the order of release cos going backwards is gonna feel like you're missing out on really good gameplay stuff

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
DS3 and Sekiro run well enough on the deck if 40fps or so works for you, but elden ring loses a lot of its lushness (though it does manage a relatively steady 30fps)

Either way all three games are much more visually stunning on a big screen and I'd go console for my first playthrough. It's super fun and novel to play these games on the deck too

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Setup Chiaki and you'll get the best of both worlds.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Setup Chiaki and you'll get the best of both worlds.

Not a bad idea, thanks!

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The answer to your question, as a comparison, remains that you should play them on PS5.

But IMO FROM’s games go pretty hard on Deck. As someone who is particularly fussy to AAA performance on Deck, especially compromises to image quality, frames, heat and fan noise, playing on Deck was where I finally made the breakthrough I needed to actually finish Elden Ring, and I thought it was great.

Still though, if you own a PS5 and you want the best performance, sure, play it there.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
If Elden Ring doesn't go that well on SD, is Armored Core 6 in the same boat?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Play on PC if you have one, PS5 if you don't.

If you have neither, but do have a Deck, Elden Ring plays acceptably on it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

boxen posted:

If Elden Ring doesn't go that well on SD, is Armored Core 6 in the same boat?

ER is entirely serviceable, but as others have stated, you're better off playing it on PS5 or Xbox.

I don't have AC6 on Steam but I recall goons saying it ran better than ER because there isn't a huge open world

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Beastie posted:

ER is entirely serviceable, but as others have stated, you're better off playing it on PS5 or Xbox.

I don't have AC6 on Steam but I recall goons saying it ran better than ER because there isn't a huge open world

Yeah you can lock AC6 to 40fps and have a grand old time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AC6 isn’t anywhere close to Elden Ring visually. It’s way simpler in terms of lighting, level size, geometry etc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is anyone playing the Last Epoch on their deck? From videos it looks like it runs really really well.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Annath posted:

Play on PC if you have one, PS5 if you don't.

If you have neither, but do have a Deck, Elden Ring plays acceptably on it.

I would not suggest Elden Ring on PC over Steam Deck or even better PS5. The game stutters a lot even on high end PC hardware, where the baked in shader cache on the other two avoids this. I hear Armored Core 6 is better about this though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

MarcusSA posted:

Is anyone playing the Last Epoch on their deck? From videos it looks like it runs really really well.

I have download it but not tried it yet. Maybe tonight.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

IMO a lot of the elden ring question is going to boil down to how you use your deck.

If it's a mobile system and you have a gaming PC? I could see getting it on Steam and having it on the deck for gaming on the go or while in bed etc. Being able to continue something that you've been doing on the desktop when you're away is nice. I'm doing this right now with the Dead Space remake.

If it's your main gaming PC but you also own a PS? loving PS5 all day long.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

IMO a lot of the elden ring question is going to boil down to how you use your deck.

If it's a mobile system and you have a gaming PC? I could see getting it on Steam and having it on the deck for gaming on the go or while in bed etc. Being able to continue something that you've been doing on the desktop when you're away is nice. I'm doing this right now with the Dead Space remake.

Either of these options also give you the benefit of remote playing the game from either your PC or PS5 and get some Elden Ring on your deck without compromising quality.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Similar questions to this every time a new game is what caused me to build my gaming PC. I’d primarily play games portably on Switch, but then the PS5 came out and the power gap became too big so I’d have to choose what to compromise on. Power? Portability? I even got a Series X and after catching up on some old OG Xbox games and 360 games, that just collected dust. Once I got a Steam Deck, figuring out what to get a new game became even more difficult. But once it clicked I can have the best of power and portability if I fully switched to PC gaming, it was over.

FF7 Rebirth coming out next week on PS5 is gonna be a tough pill to swallow. I’m gonna have to give Chiaki another try.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I played Elden Ring on my LCD Deck before I ever tried it on my desktop because I didn’t have a controller I liked, and it worked just fine. my reflexes are…not honed, so someone younger than me might notice the difference between 40 and 60 more than I did

it also streams via Moonlight like a champ

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I played through Elden Ring on my PC when it came out and just last night fired it up on my OLED Deck.

It’s absolutely acceptable and ran great, but I would still suggest trying to play it on a better machine with a larger screen. Not because of performance, but solely because it is such a massive and beautiful world with great vistas and landscapes, and playing it on that small screen very much robs you of the appreciation for it.

That and it made Sites of Grace really tough to see in the distance if I didn’t already know where the majority of them were from my first playthrough.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I played through Elden Ring on my PC when it came out and just last night fired it up on my OLED Deck.

It’s absolutely acceptable and ran great, but I would still suggest trying to play it on a better machine with a larger screen. Not because of performance, but solely because it is such a massive and beautiful world with great vistas and landscapes, and playing it on that small screen very much robs you of the appreciation for it.

That and it made Sites of Grace really tough to see in the distance if I didn’t already know where the majority of them were from my first playthrough.

This is what I was mostly concerned with about trying to play the game on the deck. The smaller screen might make seeing things a bit more difficult in an already difficult game. I still might grab ER the next time it's on sale, but I recently grabbed Code Vein just to see how well a souls-like experience would be on a smaller screen.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Heran Bago posted:

I would not suggest Elden Ring on PC over Steam Deck or even better PS5. The game stutters a lot even on high end PC hardware, where the baked in shader cache on the other two avoids this. I hear Armored Core 6 is better about this though.

That's patently absurd. I have a 3080 (not Ti) and an Intel i7 12700k, and I get a locked 60FPS at 1440p without disabling anticheat.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Annath posted:

That's patently absurd. I have a 3080 (not Ti) and an Intel i7 12700k, and I get a locked 60FPS at 1440p without disabling anticheat.

Try a opening a frametime graph and playing the game after you install new drivers. The game has awful shader compilation stutters on PC. It doesn't matter how fast your PC is. No, there are no exceptions. It happens on every PC. Maybe you didn't notice them, but to me and others its a big issue. I even lost a big boss fight because on its last form the boss activated a new attack that used new shaders, and I stuttered through a dodge. 7800X3D 4090. The game may run at a lower FPS on the Deck, but at least the shaders are pre-compiled and you get a more consistent experience.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I have download it but not tried it yet. Maybe tonight.

Let me know what you think about the Last Epoch the game seems like it runs great on the deck but the controller support is seriously lacking which is unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Animal posted:

Try a opening a frametime graph and playing the game after you install new drivers. The game has awful shader compilation stutters on PC. It doesn't matter how fast your PC is. No, there are no exceptions. It happens on every PC. Maybe you didn't notice them, but to me and others its a big issue. I even lost a big boss fight because on its last form the boss activated a new attack that used new shaders, and I stuttered through a dodge. 7800X3D 4090. The game may run at a lower FPS on the Deck, but at least the shaders are pre-compiled and you get a more consistent experience.

I'm telling you that isn't true. I have the FPS displayed at all times with that Geforce program.

It's not uncommon for there to be issues with new GPU drivers, so I don't immediately update them, so that might be part of it.

Regardless, I've only ever seen articles about how *well* the game is optimized and how well it runs.

The sole exception is its raytracing implementation. That does indeed absolutely wreck it's performance, but since the game really doesn't benefit from it in the first place, leaving it turned off is fine.