Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Checking in as the guy who goes skiing fairly regularly (1-2 weeks/yr for a southerner) who has never been injured skiing. It’s been years since I fell. My in-laws have a place in Silverthorne so we mostly do Copper, Keystone, and Breckenridge when it hits the pass. Leaving for a trip out there later today. We might check out Loveland pass if it’s gotten enough snow. I hit 58mph last trip. Maybe I can beat that this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I learned how to ski in high school and I did mostly fine, no serious injuries ever. I only ever skied in Wisconsin though. I would go 2-3 times a year, but about 10 years ago I stopped going. Mostly it was because I didn't have any friends that liked to go skiing, so there wasn't much of a reason to go. Now I'm afraid of how bad I would be if I took it up again.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Bird in a Blender posted:

I learned how to ski in high school and I did mostly fine, no serious injuries ever. I only ever skied in Wisconsin though. I would go 2-3 times a year, but about 10 years ago I stopped going. Mostly it was because I didn't have any friends that liked to go skiing, so there wasn't much of a reason to go. Now I'm afraid of how bad I would be if I took it up again.

I took a not quite as long but close break during/after undergrad. Picked it right back up like it was nothing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Oh here’s a good laugh for your morning

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/hunter-bidens-lawyers-say-prosecutors-confused-picture-sawdust-cocaine-rcna139656

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
A series of close photo crops that appear to be a cocaine-fueled BDSM party aftermath but are just granddad's shop.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

A series of close photo crops that appear to be a cocaine-fueled BDSM party aftermath but are just granddad's shop.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's significantly easier to ski a legit mountain than an ice hill. It's weird how much less your legs get blown out when you can stop.

harperdc posted:

Skiiiiiiiiing :allears:

I tried to snowboard once du

I haven’t gone skiing in a couple years (COVID!) and need to get in much better shape, but I really want to go again. Especially since there are decent day trips from Tokyo, and good overnight ones. Plus the winter slopes of Hokkaido which I’m convinced have been claimed by Australia by now.

If you want to get back into shape for skiing Peloton is a great way. The thigh burn is not nearly as bad when you're doing Peloton three times a week.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Telemarking is how real legends get down the mountain

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/GigaBasedDad/status/1759630079066243245?s=20

Destroying the absolute poo poo out of your sheetrock, nullifying useful closet space and creating an unnecessary eye-poke hazard

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I hate that

I also hate that this is still coming out

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Instead of hating on that, get excited for this:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1760323573078761664

This looks like it's going to be massive

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Destroying the absolute poo poo out of your sheetrock, nullifying useful closet space and creating an unnecessary eye-poke hazard

I like the broom being taped up onto the wall, underneath a coat rack that can hold multiple coats.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Play Balatro

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Shinji2015 posted:

I am excited, but that also just looks like a direct rip off of LotR?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

my girlfriend asked "Am I going to have to watch you die a lot again?"

yes baby.

yes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

You could have given me a million guesses based on your description and I never would have gotten it right.

Kalli posted:

I hate that

I also hate that this is still coming out

I was mildly interested until I saw Kevin Hart was playing Roland. I wanna be clear and say I think Kevin Hart is fine, he was funny in Jumanji but he is absolutely not the right choice for Roland. Especially when Idris Elba is right there.

Also Jack Black is claptrap? Jack Black is fine and all but….why not just use the VA for claptrap???

Also live action Avatar comes out tomorrow and I’m nervous as hell. The cartoon was so loving good and that live action movie was so loving bad…

They did a good job with One Piece so maybe they won’t gently caress it up….lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I never injured myself skiing, despite falling over a lot. I only did green / blue routes, no black diamonds though.

I've got multiple people who have expressed interest in going and now I have an AWD vehicle, so... no reason not to! (Except the season is almost over, oops)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

I'm not going to comment on what I found to be ultimately a stupid idea in this video, but I really really hate this sort of attitude I see on social media a lot of why aren't you, the viewer, doing all these awesome things that I do? Huh? What are you, a lazy bum? gently caress you rear end in a top hat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Only took into my late thirties but I finally qualified for an itemized deduction on my taxes.

My dad will be proud.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

gently caress I hate everything about this

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
sometimes kids are the worst and your 2 year old wakes up in a mood and the morning is on a downward spiral. And then your 6 year old disappears to her art table, then gives her sister a card and a hug and it's all worth it.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Grew up in a ski town (Bend), mainly did cross-country skiing until grad school, then moved to Switzerland and did a lot of downhill skiing on the Alps.

Have never had a major ski injury, a few friends I know have had them but all of theirs are from something stupid happening on a crowded run.

Ski powder, never get hurt.

Also listen to your instincts about whether you might trigger a snow movement, almost got one of my colleagues when he ignored that instinct.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Also Jack Black is claptrap? Jack Black is fine and all but….why not just use the VA for claptrap???

the original VA for Claptrap was just like, a community manager who worked at Gearbox and like a year before Borderlands 3 came out he had a massive falling-out with Randy Pitchford and was fired from the company lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

the original VA for Claptrap was just like, a community manager who worked at Gearbox and like a year before Borderlands 3 came out he had a massive falling-out with Randy Pitchford and was fired from the company lol

Alright fine that’s a good reason I guess

Claptrap is annoying as poo poo anyway

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was mildly interested until I saw Kevin Hart was playing Roland. I wanna be clear and say I think Kevin Hart is fine, he was funny in Jumanji but he is absolutely not the right choice for Roland. Especially when Idris Elba is right there.

Yeah, I'm slightly less mean on Borderlands' story then most, but they put out 6 posters, for Roland, Lilith, Claptrap, Tiny Tina, Stanis and Krieg.

Add in Kevin Hart playing Roland and you're looking at a movie that's looking to be Cate Blanchett carting around 5 different comic relief characters.... I just can't see this working out.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I'm slightly less mean on Borderlands' story then most, but they put out 6 posters, for Roland, Lilith, Claptrap, Tiny Tina, Stanis and Krieg.

Add in Kevin Hart playing Roland and you're looking at a movie that's looking to be Cate Blanchett carting around 5 different comic relief characters.... I just can't see this working out.

and remember that it was directed by Eli Roth before it went through like 3 years of reshoots lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Only took into my late thirties but I finally qualified for an itemized deduction on my taxes.

My dad will be proud.

I did for a while but then “TRUMP” changed the tax code around for reasons and it ended up being a wash again :shrug:

Maxwells Demon posted:

Grew up in a ski town (Bend), mainly did cross-country skiing until grad school, then moved to Switzerland and did a lot of downhill skiing on the Alps.

Have never had a major ski injury, a few friends I know have had them but all of theirs are from something stupid happening on a crowded run.

Ski powder, never get hurt.

Also listen to your instincts about whether you might trigger a snow movement, almost got one of my colleagues when he ignored that instinct.

Bend is a shockingly cool town for being like 3 hours from any other form of civilization. I have some family there. It reminds me a lot of my city in Colorado with less of an insane population boom

Also ski chat reminded me of my buddy in high school who was coming down to the lodge at Mach 10 for some reason (he was a very good skier, did black diamond+ regularly). Hit a patch of lovely icy snow as he went to slow down (sup New England skiing), took a digger and DESTROYED his collar bone. He had to have pins inserted and had this absolutely massive scar on his chest. So much for the teenage invincibility aura :rip:

If I get back out there my plan is to very much remember I am old and frail and go about 5mph

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

and remember that it was directed by Eli Roth before it went through like 3 years of reshoots lol

And there were those behind the scenes bits at E3 or whatever replaced it that featured the owner of the company doing incredibly rough anti-comedy with Kevin Hart.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

gently caress I hate everything about this

That's the idea :ssh:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Docjowles posted:

I did for a while but then “TRUMP” changed the tax code around for reasons and it ended up being a wash again :shrug:

Yeah I've stopped even checking since they increased the standard deduction so much, although at this point we basically just have our mortgage to claim.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I do like that a lot of video games use the standard VAs for most parts (The Jennifer Hales and Troy Bakers of the world) then sprinkle in some pretty famous people for random roles. I'd never play the Yakuza games in English but Infinite Wealth features Daniel Dae Kim and Danny Trejo as some of the primary antagonists, as well as Bill Farmer, aka THE VOICE OF GOOFY voicing Date.

https://twitter.com/TheGoldenBolt/status/1758260383087816742

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

sometimes kids are the worst and your 2 year old wakes up in a mood and the morning is on a downward spiral. And then your 6 year old disappears to her art table, then gives her sister a card and a hug and it's all worth it.

this is adorable.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joey Freshwater posted:

You could have given me a million guesses based on your description and I never would have gotten it right.

Cate Blanchette is a treasure, but her American accents are always weird and I don’t know why she needed one for this one.

Anyway the movie looks obnoxious, but suppose that’s faithful to the spirit of the IP.

Seems to suffer from the same malady as Netflix Cowboy Bebop of slavishly replicating the style of the animation in live action, rather than, you know, adapting it into something that doesn’t look stupid.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 21, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Live Action One Piece was really fun and quality.

But the fight scenes sucked. Which makes sense but still kind of a let down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't care how much you dress it up you'll never fool me into playing Dark Souls again.

Three times is my limit.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

I don't care how much you dress it up you'll never fool me into playing Dark Souls again.

Three times is my limit.

elden ring owns... even if i did just kinda drop it after raya lucaria.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1760152245927112814

drilling unnecessary holes is my passion

I like how he just kind of eyeballs the second hole, it doesn't quite line up, and he says "lines up perfectly"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1760152245927112814

drilling unnecessary holes is my passion

I like how he just kind of eyeballs the second hole, it doesn't quite line up, and he says "lines up perfectly"

Love having an uncloseable hole to the kitchen trash. Mmm, them delicious garbage fumes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

elden ring owns

agree to disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
On the bright side he is being punished with a case of silicosis down the road.