Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Sometimes you have a tractor factory and you need a tank factory so you make armored tractors for a bit. Sometimes you just use your tractor to haul away the other guys armor. War Tractors never go out of style.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A non-insignificant amount of firearm and military history has been made with nothing more than 1-3 guys in a shed, especially if they love tractors

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

HonorableTB posted:

It's the VsKfz 617 Minenraumer, and

It raumers minen

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

So the German Bundestag is set to vote on a resolution tomorrow, formulated by the governing coalition, calling for "the delivery of additional necessary long-range weapons systems and ammunition to enable Ukraine to carry out international law-compliant, targeted attacks on strategically important targets deep in the rear area of the Russian aggressor."

So Taurus, right? :wrong:, says Olaf Scholz and don't you dare say that name.

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-political-crisis-taurus-cruise-missiles-ukraine-marie-agnes-strack-zimmermann/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

LMAO what the actual gently caress?? I just discovered this hilariously stupid thing that Germany produced in WW2

It's the VsKfz 617 Minenraumer, and well, :lmao:

Kinda looks like a cybertruck.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

beer_war posted:

So the German Bundestag is set to vote on a resolution tomorrow, formulated by the governing coalition, calling for "the delivery of additional necessary long-range weapons systems and ammunition to enable Ukraine to carry out international law-compliant, targeted attacks on strategically important targets deep in the rear area of the Russian aggressor."

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-political-crisis-taurus-cruise-missiles-ukraine-marie-agnes-strack-zimmermann/

I'll be really suprised if this passes and they dont decide they need it themselves. Hopeful and optimistic about it. Which is sad because im hopeful for bombs and ammo to kill poor Russians thrown into the war as fodder.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

beer_war posted:

"These missiles are not 'Taurus', they are 'suruaT', but some careless factory worker wrote the name on them backwards. As such, they are faulty and so Germany clearly cannot use them, so we have asked Ukraine to dispose of them for us, and they have generously agreed..."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dennyk posted:

"These missiles are not 'Taurus', they are 'suruaT', but some careless factory worker wrote the name on them backwards. As such, they are faulty and so Germany clearly cannot use them, so we have asked Ukraine to dispose of them for us, and they have generously agreed..."

'this shipment is a load of bull'

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Alan Smithee posted:

I’m Murzo I keep the place clean while the master is away. It is the will of Manos

this the guy who topped himself or some different nazi/tankie?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:w00t: I wonder how much one can strategically unhorse before you even have to touch the beaches

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 21, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The government is going to focus on mostly boring stuff. The opposition is going to focus on stuff to grandstand on. As is always the case.

In case anyone is interested in the innards of a Javelin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11_5TB0-lNw

Not as interesting as him jury-rigging a Tornado laser pod and activating the laser, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5zflYMJXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1w_ivwv4r8&t=315s

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 21, 2024

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this the guy who topped himself or some different nazi/tankie?

Its him. From what I understood from his suicide message someone had taken offense at him reporting russian casualties at 16000 for taking Avdiivka. And that someone threatened to pull support and supply to units that Murz cared about so he took the "honorable" way out. There is probably more to it but that's that.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I wonder how much stuff Sweden has been keeping in its vaults in case it can sell them to Finland in a situation where the Nordic-Russian relations turn into a shooting match.

Because now that finally Sweden is getting into NATO properly, it might have a surprising amount of stuff it no longer needs to hold on to, as they also have a rather large domestic industry to fill out the vaults later.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sekenr posted:

Its him. From what I understood from his suicide message someone had taken offense at him reporting russian casualties at 16000 for taking Avdiivka. And that someone threatened to pull support and supply to units that Murz cared about so he took the "honorable" way out. There is probably more to it but that's that.

so its what russia possibly did with tchaikovsky if you believe some theories, some "court of honor" poo poo pushed this moron to do it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Der Kyhe posted:

I wonder how much stuff Sweden has been keeping in its vaults in case it can sell them to Finland in a situation where the Nordic-Russian relations turn into a shooting match.

Because now that finally Sweden is getting into NATO properly, it might have a surprising amount of stuff it no longer needs to hold on to, as they also have a rather large domestic industry to fill out the vaults later.

Guns are always an awesome industry and I take no shame in reporting that even in peacetime, everyone loves things that go boom.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Hold on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2ioGwfsbI

Dude just received some packages from Ukraine with Iskander parts, nbd

Burns
May 10, 2008

Sekenr posted:

Well to be fair to Murz, its more like 16,001.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Antigravitas posted:

Hold on

And there is more then one French techie tearing down stuff from Ukraine! The content you never knew you needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r94qCraTBYM

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Antigravitas posted:

Hold on

that seems like alot of trim pots.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HonorableTB posted:

LMAO what the actual gently caress?? I just discovered this hilariously stupid thing that Germany produced in WW2

It's the VsKfz 617 Minenraumer, and well, :lmao:

NEXT UP ON HISTORY CHANNEL NAZI MACHINEScoming in at #5 HITLERS MOST EVIL TRACTOR

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lmao every time I see it I start laughing again, its like something Dr Doom would make

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I'd love to see that 1v1 a Bob Semple

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

Russian Foreign Intelligence Director Sergey Naryshkin would also not comment directly on Kuzminov’s death, but told reporters the defector had become “a moral corpse the moment he began planning his dirty and terrible crime,” Russia’s RIA Novosti reported.

Totally a normal thing to say in a totally normal country.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

NEXT UP ON HISTORY CHANNEL NAZI MACHINEScoming in at #5 HITLERS MOST EVIL TRACTOR

DID SPACE ALIENS HELP NAZIS BUILD FUTURISTIC TRACTOR?

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

I'm still hoping that the Governor of Kaliningrad just says "gently caress it, we're out Putin. We're taking bids to join Poland or Lithuania. You gonna start a war over it? LOL! "

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

hemale in pain posted:

how about a tank which is filled with drones. thank me later NATO.

Lloyd Austin: I can now confirm that the Russian front line is COVERED IN BEEEEEEEEEES!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

beer_war posted:

Jesus Christ this is beyond infuriating. For gently caress's sake Scholz stop being so loving spineless in the face of "eScAlAtIoN". Escalation? It might as well be escalopes. A conflict such as this is exactly what Taurus missiles were designed and built for you loving weak-kneed no-balls cretin.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Jesus Christ this is beyond infuriating. For gently caress's sake Scholz stop being so loving spineless in the face of "eScAlAtIoN". Escalation? It might as well be escalopes. A conflict such as this is exactly what Taurus missiles were designed and built for you loving weak-kneed no-balls cretin.

Well, the Allies did set out to demilitarize Germany after WW2..

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

Well, the Allies did set out to demilitarize Germany after WW2..

Not for long, anyway.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

He does seem to send right after Someone Else does, so I've seen arguments that this is a way of a) getting more supply (why not Taurus and JASSM, and nobody else goes "ah they don't need our stuff, they have Taurus") b) getting diplomatic cover both internationally and domestically for sending what they want to.
I don't know it to be false. :shrug:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I have some bad news about JASSM or any other American piece of equipment being sent to Ukraine.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

DiomedesGodshill posted:

I'm still hoping that the Governor of Kaliningrad just says "gently caress it, we're out Putin. We're taking bids to join Poland or Lithuania. You gonna start a war over it? LOL! "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaliningrad_Oblast#Ethnic_groups

I think Lithuania and Poland are gonna pass politely, unless several hundred thousand of off-brand communist Russians return to the homeland first.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tiaz posted:

He does seem to send right after Someone Else does, so I've seen arguments that this is a way of a) getting more supply (why not Taurus and JASSM, and nobody else goes "ah they don't need our stuff, they have Taurus") b) getting diplomatic cover both internationally and domestically for sending what they want to.
I don't know it to be false. :shrug:
It might be what they're deliberately doing but it ends up just withholding the necessary supplies from Ukraine for ages. Nobody's shaming republicans into sending Tomahawks by hoarding the Tauruses.

"We aren't sending the Taurus unless you send your missiles"
"We don't have enough/don't want to for some loving reason"
"Ok well nobody's getting the Taurus then :colbert"
Ukrainians: dying

If Germany was actually serious they could've ordered some more missiles in the last two years:

quote:

German defense contractor Taurus Systems said on Jan. 20 that it could build up its Taurus cruise missile production very quickly, even if Germany sent some to Ukraine.

The company effectively denied a statement made earlier by Johannes Arlt, an expert at Germany's Social Democratic Party.

He claimed that Germany's defense industry would struggle to replenish its needed stockpiles if it sent the missiles to Ukraine.

The head of the company that makes Taurus missiles, Joachim Knopf, posted on Twitter that it would not be a problem to quickly scale up production of new ones.
https://kyivindependent.com/taurus-systems-germany-can-quickly-replenish-any-cruise-missiles-if-gifted-to-ukraine/

That's not just on Germany of course, nobody is taking this seriously at all.

sauer kraut posted:

I think Lithuania and Poland are gonna pass politely, unless several hundred thousand of off-brand communist Russians return to the homeland first.

We'll just keep it as Královec Special Administration Region

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 22, 2024

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's a good time to be an autocratic tyrant, amid easily purchased opposition.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

I might be mixing something up^here but isn't Kakiningrad Russian in the first place becaus enoone else wanted it?

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Mikojan posted:

I might be mixing something up^here but isn't Kakiningrad Russian in the first place becaus enoone else wanted it?

It's Russian because Russia wanted it as a port. So while administering the Eastern half of Germany after WW2 they ethnically cleansed the local population, moved in Russians to replace them, and proceeded to split it off administratively.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Feb 22, 2024

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mikojan posted:

Warbadger posted:

It's Russian because Russia wanted it as a port. So they ethnically cleansed the population, moved in Russians to replace them, and kept it rather than returning it to Germany.
When the USSR collapsed, Germany had already agreed, as part of the conditions for reunification, that it wasn't allowed to have Königsberg (or any other former territories) back. Poland wasn't interested in it. Lithuania again passed on having any claim, as they'd done in the 50s ("Ewww, Russians? In MY country's ethnic make-up?!"). Some calls for Kaliningrad's independence were made, but with Russia being Russia such an idea was unthinkable (and it got worse when Monke took control). Post-Soviet Russia is more or less just stuck with Kaliningrad, though actually having a European port which doesn't freeze to gently caress every Winter certainly seemed ideal at the time.

Then Poland and Lithuania joined NATO and the EU, complicating things :dukedog:

Monke thoroughly hosed it all up for good in 2022 and with the admission of Finland and Sweden into NATO, whatever strategic value the place still had for Russia has managed to sink like the Moskva.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

HonorableTB posted:

The Russian helicopter pilot who defected to Ukraine by flying his helicopter over the border in a pre-planned defection was shot to death in a parking garage in the Spanish coastal town of Villajoyosa. A very sad, but extremely unsurprising, outcome to a brave act.

Hey what happened to the other guys in his helicopter

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Dude bravely kidnapped two of his comrades and got them killed for half a million dollars

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
win win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Dude bravely kidnapped two of his comrades and got them killed for half a million dollars

The cost offends your senses?