Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

how was the actual meat and potatoes gameplay of 3? i get that the main appeal is being able to custom build your dream mobile suit, but personally i'd need it attached to good gameplay and the gameplay in that video isn't giving me strong vibes one way or the other

GB3 is basically a Dynasty Warriors title where you can build and customize your own unit. It's not the deepest gameplay in the world but the sheer amount of customization options helped carry that because you could build all kinds of stupid poo poo that was actually reflected in gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm about nearing the end of GB3 myself and I made some really fun/stupid suits.

My current MS is basically every single missile launcher I can have strapped onto a 00Quanta-Sinanju hybrid using the Barbatos mace.
Unleash missile hell, go bonkers with the mace untill the missiles recharge and repeat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I want to combine Aerial’s bit staves and a second set of bits, maybe the fin funnels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I want to combine Aerial’s bit staves and a second set of bits, maybe the fin funnels.

If it's anything like GB3 you'll be able to have like five different sets on bits on one unit.

I wonder if they'll have Freedom stuff in at launch.

(Honestly I want a gimmick where you can make a gunpla explode from another gunpla Build Burning/Z'gok style.)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Most suits in GB3 had their bits on their backpacks, but the Kshatriya had them on its arms, making it a solid option for doubling up on drone-spam. Presumably, they'll be a shield part for the Aerial, making it another decent stackable option.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Most suits in GB3 had their bits on their backpacks, but the Kshatriya had them on its arms, making it a solid option for doubling up on drone-spam. Presumably, they'll be a shield part for the Aerial, making it another decent stackable option.

I think AGE-3 FX had leg mounted ones too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So hotswapping and the focus on PvP from New will not be returning

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

So hotswapping and the focus on PvP from New will not be returning

Hotswapping was just the worst idea and I have no idea why they thought people wanted that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Switch and PS5 will have physical releases, PS4 is digital only

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'll likely be grabbing the steam release, I can't imagine it performing well on switch, and I don't have a PS5.

But I too would love to see more IBO and WfM units.

And more Build units. Give me my Gyancelot parts!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Aw :(

I want MG arms and SD legs on a HG torso

You could do that in Breaker Mobile, so it's at least plausible this will do the same.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Gotta assume it's gonna include all the suits from breaker mobile, so there will be an absolute shitload of them

Also looks like you can have left/right arms from two different suits

God I hope they don't gently caress this up

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

Gotta assume it's gonna include all the suits from breaker mobile, so there will be an absolute shitload of them

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Every so often I realize I miss the mobile game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah I think there's gonna be stuff from both Mobile and Battlogue

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

Yeah, the publicity image specifically includes a Gundam with mismatched arms.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1760334338359701672?t=gz1EfWJ004Gi3XCTUxwuhQ&s=19

I'll take the beyblade guys word for it because I can't read.

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/1759817581060669531?t=aA2KzQdCe4HZERTJ2i-FcA&s=19

Original tweet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean considering Freedom made roughly All The Money I'm sure we're going to see more CE stuff.

Everything old is new again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yay, I guess. Can they throw some of that money into something I have more than a passing interest in?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Speaking of which, the collectors edition of GB4 comes with a custom Strike Gundam.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The origin story of the guy who comes up with the G.U.N.D.A.M. acronym.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Yay, I guess. Can they throw some of that money into something I have more than a passing interest in?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/GundamInfoNA/status/1760385631123800192?t=mF0ct4aMY4MnqpvLRVJ96w&s=19

Officially calling it the sequel to 3, Mobile, and Battlogue, no mention of New

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

was that a new song?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking of which, the collectors edition of GB4 comes with a custom Strike Gundam.

90s soda cup-rear end Gundam.

I love it. :allears:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

was that a new song?

It was from BACK-ON, who did some songs for Build Fighters.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

I mean considering Freedom made roughly All The Money I'm sure we're going to see more CE stuff.

Either they need to get someone other than Fukuda to do it, or they need to accept that it'll probably be another 15-20 years until they can mine this well again. I really hope they go the latter route because I would like it to be as long as possible until I have to hear more about CE, and I'd like them to focus on anything I could possibly enjoy first

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Gunbarrel Striker and the Buster's cannons? I'm sold.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's an Entry Grade, which does make sense as a video game pack in

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly I just hope it means we can get a Gunbarrel backpack in game. The Gunbarrel is one of my favorite designs for a bit backpack, I like how absurd and chunky it is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gripweed posted:

is it going to have the stuff people hated from New Gundam Breaker in it?

It looks very New Gundam Breaker and IIRC is on unreal engine. So I don't have high hopes but will still probably get it. However, I'm willing to give it a slight benefit of the doubt here because that SD Gundam Battle Alliance game played very similarly to a gundam breaker, and I imagine this will play a lot like that? So it's possible New will forever just be The Bad One.

Darth Walrus posted:

I don't believe so. Parts are only compatible with parts from the same model kit grade, so you can't have, say, a HG with massive PG arms.

I do remember this restricting suit/part choice a bit in GB3, where MG parts were the best you could get but were only available for certain suits (meaning that you had to stick with SEED, Wing, and UC stuff in the mid/lategame).

One, two, and three didn't have PG parts at all. and SD units were locked away as their own little support thing - you couldn't use them for your own personal unit. But you could freely mix HG and MG parts, my personal favorite build is to always put MG hygogg arms on everything. Almost every kit had an MG counterpart. Sometimes you had to craft them yourself or get them as drops. The little shop just usually only had purchasable IRL kits.

I think my biggest concern with this game is going to be the same thing I'm worried about with every modern game: how much monetization and DLC there will be.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 22, 2024

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It looks very New Gundam Breaker and IIRC is on unreal engine. So I don't have high hopes but will still probably get it. However, I'm willing to give it a slight benefit of the doubt here because that SD Gundam Battle Alliance game played very similarly to a gundam breaker, and I imagine this will play a lot like that? So it's possible New will forever just be The Bad One.

One, two, and three didn't have PG parts at all. and SD units were locked away as their own little support thing - you couldn't use them for your own personal unit. But you could freely mix HG and MG parts, my personal favorite build is to always put MH hygogg arms on everything.

I heard one of the released bits of info called it a sequel to 3 and Battlelogue, no mention of NGB at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/True_Dragon_Kid/status/1760308593872576947?t=b_5tKU2ge1QmvrljbohiKQ&s=19

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The gameplay footage from the trailer looks pretty much like a jazzed up GB3 in all respects, so I have a feeling the plan is to memory hole the entire NGB fiasco and just go "wow it sure is weird there weren't any console gundam breaker games for a while huh?"

I'm entirely on board.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, NGB was specifically marketed as the next step in Breaker and now they're just going back to the numbers so that should tell you

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It looks basically identical to GB3 with new parts and some adjustments to the building from what they've shown which is pretty much what anyone would want.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ball

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kanos posted:

The gameplay footage from the trailer looks pretty much like a jazzed up GB3 in all respects, so I have a feeling the plan is to memory hole the entire NGB fiasco and just go "wow it sure is weird there weren't any console gundam breaker games for a while huh?"

I'm entirely on board.

Apparently they nuked the original site for New Gundam Breaker and now it just redirects to Gundam Breaker 4's page so yeah they're definitely shoving it in the memory hole(though they still have it up for sale for some reason)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
If they let me play as the big zam this time all crimes will be forgiven.

Especially if they let me make a big zam and put hygogg arms and horse legs on it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Throne Zwei torso/legs, Kshatriya arms/binders, Aerial shield, Strike Freedom backpack.

ALL THE FUNNELS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011