Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I do wonder if it doesn't use the head/neck for the projectile since it'd look weird from a first person perspective, the tentacle mouth gives you a clear idea of where you're shooting at in a way that globbing out your mouth wouldn't since your viewbox is not actually where the killer's head is. I think it's not a great compromise but I get the idea behind it I guess.

Also I like how it kicks pallets instead of using the axe and IMO it should swing with the other hand and not use the axe at all for m1s. Would make it creepier to me, like it's holding an ax as a way to mimic how humans hold things but doesn't understand what it actually is or used for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I do wonder if it doesn't use the head/neck for the projectile since it'd look weird from a first person perspective, the tentacle mouth gives you a clear idea of where you're shooting at in a way that globbing out your mouth wouldn't since your viewbox is not actually where the killer's head is. I think it's not a great compromise but I get the idea behind it I guess.

Also I like how it kicks pallets instead of using the axe and IMO it should swing with the other hand and not use the axe at all for m1s. Would make it creepier to me, like it's holding an ax as a way to mimic how humans hold things but doesn't understand what it actually is or used for.

Yeah 100% agreed on this, I was thinking something similar. It's hilarious that he kicks pallets rather than using his axe, but uses his axe on gens.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What if he pulled his head and neck down like a flesh scrunchie so it'd be in position for killer first person view? Just a full compression down to his shoulders with a variety of random BoneCrunch.mp3. :getin:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Doomykins posted:

What if he pulled his head and neck down like a flesh scrunchie so it'd be in position for killer first person view? Just a full compression down to his shoulders with a variety of random BoneCrunch.mp3. :getin:

That would look amazing.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wait but loving why? The Pig's traps were already a non-issue unless they were running that very specific addon combo and now they're even more useless.

Well, the most likely explanation for why Pig's kill rate was so high when they released stats a few weeks ago is that the reverse bear traps absolutely murder players in the bottom 50% of MMR who are never going to be invested enough to look up what killer powers do or post about the game on forums where the rest of us can see them. So I can see them deciding to nerf them when they buff her stealth so she doesn't devour stupid newbies whole.

Also, in my opinion the weird tentacle orifice stuff almost gels with rest of the Unknown's look, but it doesn't quite get there. Maybe if it was a bit more floppy in motion? I don't know, I'm not an artist. A bit more refinement could fix that, though, so hopefully some cosmetics will make it click.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I mean, the numbers could just be bullshit. I'm not saying they OWE us anything more in-depth than select count(*) from `match_outcomes` where kills > 2 but we're also talking about BHVR, so I wouldn't put it past them to straight up do the query wrong

edit: "poo poo, that was boop rate. gently caress it, no one will notice"

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 21, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrewingTea posted:

I mean, the numbers could just be bullshit. I'm not saying they OWE us anything more in-depth than select count(*) from `match_outcomes` where kills > 2 but we're also talking about BHVR, so I wouldn't put it past them to straight up do the query wrong

edit: "poo poo, that was boop rate. gently caress it, no one will notice"

I just wish they'd be a bit more open about communication in general. They just need to tell people "Look, 75% of the player base is in low to medium MMR, so we balance around that even though it's gonna make high MMR suck" rather than trying to seem like they're looking at both sides.

But this is my problem with most games, I play Star Wars: The Old Republic which is a MMORPG with 90% of the player base doing only easy, story content and the people that want it to be a hard game keep shouting that they need to add more hard content...they just need to come out and say "Look, story players pay the bills, so we add content for them"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BrewingTea posted:

I mean, the numbers could just be bullshit.

Almost definitely are. Did they eliminate players killing themselves intentionally on the first hook when facing a killer they don't like (which is seemingly 90% of the killers in the game)? I bet they didn't!

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

I just wish they'd be a bit more open about communication in general. They just need to tell people "Look, 75% of the player base is in low to medium MMR, so we balance around that even though it's gonna make high MMR suck" rather than trying to seem like they're looking at both sides.

But this is my problem with most games, I play Star Wars: The Old Republic which is a MMORPG with 90% of the player base doing only easy, story content and the people that want it to be a hard game keep shouting that they need to add more hard content...they just need to come out and say "Look, story players pay the bills, so we add content for them"

My main question is why they don't change the stat of the killer across MMR? Like High player level get better/boosted killer but since they are better player, it should be easier for them and lower-level player get easier killer to ease them in the game?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Almost definitely are. Did they eliminate players killing themselves intentionally on the first hook when facing a killer they don't like (which is seemingly 90% of the killers in the game)? I bet they didn't!

Of course not.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

My main question is why they don't change the stat of the killer across MMR? Like High player level get better/boosted killer but since they are better player, it should be easier for them and lower-level player get easier killer to ease them in the game?

MMR is often mixed and the longer a queue runs the more the system ignores MMR.

I guess they could pull the averaged MMR of the survivors in the lobby once you enter that part but it'd be really unsatisfying as the weak link survivor to run into a souped up killer that dumpsters you faster and it'd REALLY suck as a killer to find a bunch of limiters on your powers because you're fighting newer survivors, especially on killers that rely on precise muscle memory like Huntress.

Furthermore people already have trouble memorizing everything in the game, wild variations in killer performance tied to invisible numbers you can't accurately look at would compound that badly on both sides.

Also some killers can't be modified much. What do you change for Trapper with his Y/N traps? Time to escape? Billy's saw, do you just make his controls and speed really suck? Demogorgon's portals and lunge, just cut the distance randomly and steal a few max portals from him? All at random, invisible numbers on your end and from 4 other people.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
If you have an xbox, its a free weekend.
https://twitter.com/TXChainSawGame/status/1760049973972914235

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Doomykins posted:

I also misread UHC as VHS when the original power tooltip hit and thought his theme was generating static and electrical interference. :shobon:

Sadako and Unknown, sitting in a tree,

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/BDisgusting/status/1760400145085055486?s=20

Get your pre-order in for the next asymmetrical game that will be cancelled in 6 months!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Drew the new survivor with her extremely platonic bestie :)

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

quote:

Get your pre-order in for the next asymmetrical game that will be cancelled in 6 months!

Spirit of Kwolok...BEGONE! :witch:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

Spirit of Kwolok...BEGONE! :witch:

Huh? Cause I called the death of TCM?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
And all your other negative poo poo posting lately.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
???

Uhhh alright. :shrug:

TCM was a cool game I wanted to see succeed but the writing was on the wall. I'd love a better asym horror game than the poo poo show that is DBD.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Love this. They are very cute together

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

???

Uhhh alright. :shrug:

TCM was a cool game I wanted to see succeed but the writing was on the wall. I'd love a better asym horror game than the poo poo show that is DBD.

The TCM part was a joke, hence the gif. The rest is accurate.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

L.U.I.G.I posted:

There's absolutely no good reason for them to not give us more detailed stats. They've said they have access to them, and they can get them with SQL queries just fine.

I can see the argument that they don't want to confuse players with segmented stats, but they could just offer the same worthless poo poo stats they just did, AND give links with more detailed stats. Knowing the kill rates for high MMR and low MMR wouldn't be perfect for the reasons Doomykins outlines, but so what? Giving separate kill rates for (let's say) below median MMR and above median MMR might not represent PURE low or high MMR games, but it would still be more useful than what we have.

Equally while there might be situations where someone honestly died on the first hook because their cat accidentally disconnected their controller or their poo poo-rear end teammates didn't bother rescuing them, it would still give more useful data especially against the killers where it's become a meme to disconnect against them always.

I guess it could be typical BHVR :effort: thinking, or this might be a useful smoke screen. They don't want to spend the time and effort to buff Freddy, so they let us think that he's seriously one of the deadliest killers in the game, instead of "he mows through people without functional brains and / or less than 20 games like a hot knife through butter but is a complete joke against anyone who knows even a bit what they're doing".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/g0rejira/status/1760382802351333411?s=20

Freddy got shadow buffed on PTB

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's absolutely no good reason for them to not give us more detailed stats. They've said they have access to them, and they can get them with SQL queries just fine.

I can see the argument that they don't want to confuse players with segmented stats, but they could just offer the same worthless poo poo stats they just did, AND give links with more detailed stats. Knowing the kill rates for high MMR and low MMR wouldn't be perfect for the reasons Doomykins outlines, but so what? Giving separate kill rates for (let's say) below median MMR and above median MMR might not represent PURE low or high MMR games, but it would still be more useful than what we have.

Equally while there might be situations where someone honestly died on the first hook because their cat accidentally disconnected their controller or their poo poo-rear end teammates didn't bother rescuing them, it would still give more useful data especially against the killers where it's become a meme to disconnect against them always.

I guess it could be typical BHVR :effort: thinking, or this might be a useful smoke screen. They don't want to spend the time and effort to buff Freddy, so they let us think that he's seriously one of the deadliest killers in the game, instead of "he mows through people without functional brains and / or less than 20 games like a hot knife through butter but is a complete joke against anyone who knows even a bit what they're doing".

They also have access to stats related to addons because they regularly buff/nerf based around which ones are overperforming. I don't want Myers' overall killrate, I want to see his killrate for all games that *don't* involve the addons that let you instagib a survivor from full health at 0 hooks.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

My god, that's Freddy's music!

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

The reddit post of this has gotten a ton of traction, I've seen people link it to me in 3 separate places.
Also it's good.

The previous effect these has were 40 and 60 seconds of hemorrhage, for the record.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Tiny Myers posted:

Well done. :3:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

curiousTerminal posted:

The previous effect these has were 40 and 60 seconds of hemorrhage, for the record.

Ah, they did say they're looking to rework something about hemorrhage and the like so this is probably part of that pass.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

curiousTerminal posted:

The reddit post of this has gotten a ton of traction, I've seen people link it to me in 3 separate places.
Also it's good.

Thank you, and thank you to everyone else who said something nice :3: The Reddit thread has been surprisingly nice aside from the typical bullshit.

I have stopped humoring them.

(This may seem like a gratuitous response if you don't know that living life as a fanartist who draws anything remotely romantic between the same gender means getting 5000 "why do u have to make it gay" comments throughout your entire life.)

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 23, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's when you look through their post history, find a pic they uploaded of themselves and create new art with them and David

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Please never stop, Tiny Myers. You are doing the Lord's work.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

When I first saw this in the thumbnail I thought Mikaela was holding a rubix cube and was like...drat get yourself a GF who can solve a cube while doing your makeup for real....lol

Great art!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When I first saw this in the thumbnail I thought Mikaela was holding a rubix cube and was like...drat get yourself a GF who can solve a cube while doing your makeup for real....lol

Great art!

I mean I thought the same. it's a really good pic, also.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

One suggestion, Tiny Myers:

Maybe put a caption at the bottom that reads YOU ARE TURNING GAY! YOU ARE TURNING VERRRRRYYYY GAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Like an old-timey hypnotist, thx

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

That's when you look through their post history, find a pic they uploaded of themselves and create new art with them and David
lmao

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Great art!

BrewingTea posted:

One suggestion, Tiny Myers:

Maybe put a caption at the bottom that reads YOU ARE TURNING GAY! YOU ARE TURNING VERRRRRYYYY GAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

Like an old-timey hypnotist, thx
Gonna put that old dancing Spiderman gif that fades into "SPIDERMAN HAS MADE YOU GAY" in the corner of every pic

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Doomykins posted:

Not picking up another Stranger Things killer is leaving some serious low effort money on the table. Also a bizarre market and tone mismatch.

... Castlevania? I could buy an original vampire killer but what's this IP bring to DBD?

throwing wine glasses to hinder and survivor item crashes. lifting up their hands to the heavens and screaming flashlight storm as a horde of flashlights swirl around them and use all their charges.

nah i have no idea lmao

imagine playing as richter's poofy shirt self along side regular looking humans

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Perfect

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
I have to imagine they'll be pulling from the TV show over the games for the Castlevania crossover, so I wouldn't be surprised if the killer was Issac or Drolta. Big D would be hard to convert into a killer in either form tho- if they pull from the games I figure some other series mainstay like Medusa or Death is far more likely.

Joke option Bad Ending Soma Cruz.

E: Guesses about leaks

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reminder that some people don't like potential leak spoilers so if you could spoiler that it would be appreciated