Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

sure okay posted:

Those people dont post here. But also, maybe people should post those who loving cares. If you think its worth sharing why not? You paid you ten bucks, youre a part of this community, if you think someone is as good as RLM or Kermode or Jenny if thats your thing lets see it.

What exactly will happen if this thread goes from 60 posts per day to 90? Will it go back in loving time?

Impossible, consider your rear end reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Stink Billyums posted:

that kid who reviews fast food while wearing ill-fitting thrifted suits has almost twice as many youtube subscribers as RLM, so I won't dissuade anyone from making weird nonsense on the chance that they eventually find a niche that works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MY-HC7Q2Wo

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Super strict rules about discussion is sub-reddit levels of moderation. There's still a line though. SA has a thread in CC for people who make videos and have a channel (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987059). Xjakk posting sometimes if he thinks he's got a good one can be ok, it would just help if he'd gotten better over time. Him putting up every video and posting production updates is too much.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Vic Fontaine gave us the episode It's Only A Paper Moon which justifies his entire existence on the show.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I can understand wanting a thread to stay on topic, but seeing a mod come down on XJakk and stopping his vids really riled me up.

I don't blame the mod, because I like I said no one was generating reports for linking Kermode and Mayo vids or talking about their takes, but they are in exactly the same boat.

They're better at it, sure, or you could say more suited for people who also like RLM. But when you shut down XJakk's vids and only his you're basically saying to the guy "you will never be as good as those other youtubers, and we've run out of patience in believing you ever could be. Your time is up and your content just isnt up to the quality bar of the thread."

loving what bar? Also, he can hear you. He posts here. Lighting the guy up for the crime of trying to entertain for free. Getting mad at the injustice of having to scroll past him. Unbelievably lovely

Either all non-RLM vids should be barred full stop, or the dude should be allowed to post his stuff so long as its also about criticizing media.

Yall got me HOT in the collar on this. I don't even like his vids!

sure okay fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 21, 2024

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
transfer xjakk's autoban to the guy that melted down at xjakk and got probed for a day

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

transfer xjakk's autoban to the guy that melted down at xjakk and got probed for a day

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

xjakk seemed like a good dude and def didn't deserve that bizarrely hostile reception

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

sure okay posted:

I can understand wanting a thread to stay on topic, but seeing a mod come down on XJakk and stopping his vids really riled me up.

I don't blame the mod, because I like I said no one was generating reports for linking Kermode and Mayo vids or talking about their takes, but they are in exactly the same boat.

They're better at it, sure, or you could say more suited for people who also like RLM. But when you shut down XJakk's vids and only his you're basically saying to the guy "you will never be as good as those other youtubers, and we've run out of patience in believing you ever could be. Your time is up and your content just isnt up to the quality bar of the thread."

loving what bar? Also, he can hear you. He posts here. Lighting the guy up for the crime of trying to entertain for free. Getting mad at the temerity of having to scroll past him. Unbelievably lovely

Either all non-RLM vids should be barred full stop, or the dude should be allowed to post his stuff so long as its also about criticizing media.

Yall got me HOT in the collar on this. I don't even like his vids!

I don't even know who any of these people are and y'all got me bothered. What the gently caress, just hit ignore, don't assign yourself to be his psychiatrist you loving weirdos

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

trilobite terror posted:

no it isn’t. there is an entire universe of media/film critic youtubers that will get you yelled at and probably probated if you post them here because they aren’t RLM

like what are you talking about, do you see anybody ever posting another film critique or news channel here?

I mean this IS the official Jenny thread

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Molothecat posted:

xjakk seemed like a good dude and def didn't deserve that bizarrely hostile reception

Yeah he was always an inoffensive presence and I hope he's ok.
His videos didn't look appealing to me but, y'know, scrolling past them took less effort than rage posting about them.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Lister posted:

Super strict rules about discussion is sub-reddit levels of moderation. There's still a line though. SA has a thread in CC for people who make videos and have a channel (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987059). Xjakk posting sometimes if he thinks he's got a good one can be ok, it would just help if he'd gotten better over time. Him putting up every video and posting production updates is too much.

I don't think this is true because I just glaze past the guy's post (he also just posted discussion stuff not related to his videos, remember) but I'd have to scroll past more than one post of people whining that xjakk posted at all. Just...don't watch his videos, don't reply to him, or just ignore him (using the handy feature) and then dang you don't even gota scroll past his post because it becomes a tiny-rear end line and you can instead read everyone else going "abloobaloo a person I don't like posted a thing I don't like"

I've never watched the dude's videos either but he isn't lovely and heck, that's good enough for me. Never not post.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol I forgot that he doesn't cut his nails. Anyway thank you for posting this RLM-relevant video

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KakerMix posted:

I don't think this is true because I just glaze past the guy's post (he also just posted discussion stuff not related to his videos, remember) but I'd have to scroll past more than one post of people whining that xjakk posted at all. Just...don't watch his videos, don't reply to him, or just ignore him and then dang you don't even gota scroll past his post because it becomes a tiny-rear end line and you can instead read everyone else going "abloobaloo a person I don't like posted a thing I don't like"

I've never watched the dude's videos either but he isn't lovely and heck, that's good enough for me. Never not post.

How about you just scroll past the posts you don't like and stop complaining about them?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
x jakk is responsible for 7.7% of banner advertising on SA

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Tunicate posted:

How about you just scroll past the posts you don't like and stop complaining about them?

mods ban this guy he makes me mad >:(

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I will be watching Norbit in his memory tonight. o7

Xbone
Nov 3, 2013

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

They made this look just as annoying as the games, if not more so :chloe:

Pass!

This looks like Mad Max for Redditors.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Castor Poe posted:

hey now, it's in space

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Castor Poe posted:

lol. perfect description

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

truly Tilda Swinton’s masterpiece performance art project

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760317819806244959?t=VN2kVEcYfN8XT5Z6ZH-z7w&s=19

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
if anyone here enjoys Airplane!, this is a good book:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Castor Poe posted:

Lol

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1760364763564188133?t=a7kp3PHoVbiu9WWCHtv-6A&s=19

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hey, its the joker!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope the Batman kills the joker but dies in the process and the whole movie doubles as a promise to not make any Batman related media for 30 years.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Sunk Dunk posted:

if anyone here enjoys Airplane!

if anyone here doesnt enjoy airplane they should be thrown out of one

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like I'm being drawn towards a conclusion I don't agree with but also can't deny: todd phillips is an absolute king (at convincing warners to waste money on insanity)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Funniest outcome for sure

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
It'd be kind of cool and completely unexpected if the comic book movie genre's death comes at the hand of a massive auteur project self immolating.

It'd be like the end of New Hollywood in the late 70s/early 80s except much dumber.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Actually it's not as bad as I thought, basically it only has to be like the fifth highest grossing non-disney non-animated musical ever in order to break even if we go by twice budget. Sounds like a sure thing in the proven ironic dark super hero musical genre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_musical_films

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 21, 2024

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

khwarezm posted:

It'd be kind of cool and completely unexpected if the comic book movie genre's death comes at the hand of a massive auteur project self immolating.

It'd be like the end of New Hollywood in the late 70s/early 80s except much dumber.

One from the Heart and Joker 2 are both musicals...

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Spending four days filming Joaquin Phoenix cracking a whip over and over.

Tearing down the entire set of Gotham and building all the buildings six inches back.

Somehow getting blacklisted by the Humane Society.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

The best thing we got out of The Joker® is these Youtube videos made by incels in Joker® make up bitching about gamergate poo poo or renouncing their Mr. Nice Guy personas.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Actually it's not as bad as I thought, basically it only has to be like the fifth highest grossing non-disney non-animated musical ever in order to break even if we go by twice budget. Sounds like a sure thing in the proven ironic dark super hero musical genre

I simply can't go on like this...

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

How does WB manage to be broke and yet have so much money to burn at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Same as your friend who spends thousands of dollars every month on beer and weed but constantly complains about the cost of gas