Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Right but the patch note doesn’t say shotgunners. Do regular dudes with guns give knockback? I can’t say I’ve noticed but maybe it just needs enough volume.

Pretty sure this is just a change for the little guys. And yeah, they had a small bit of knockback on their shots.

Fishstick posted:

This has always been the case on lower difficulties though, did they change it?

And more importantly, did they change it intentionally

Perhaps a clue to these mysteries lies somewhere within the patch notes themselves ;)

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/patch-17-notes-live-now/91924 posted:

Changed the number of players the Daemonhost kills before leaving to 1 across all difficulties.
Dev Note: This change is to address the frustration of teammates waking up Daemonhosts, also causing innocent players to die from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'm on board with hosts only killing one person, but they should do it even if other players are dead. They should only ditch out and leave their target alive if the target is the only player remaining.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'd rather they left it at 2 but increased general difficulty at the same time. The problem as I see it is that Heresy+ isn't hard enough to deter the kind of dingdong who sets off the DH with any frequency.

You can spot the guy who's going to do it. It's not hard. But they can limp along to a health station enough times that they can make it through the level. Their main loss condition is killing the whole run with a DH.

If other things on Heresy+ could actually kill them, maybe they would step up their game or step down a difficulty.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
They should balance it out by making the Demonhosts float around the map like L4D's wandering witches

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'd rather they left it at 2 but increased general difficulty at the same time. The problem as I see it is that Heresy+ isn't hard enough to deter the kind of dingdong who sets off the DH with any frequency.

You can spot the guy who's going to do it. It's not hard. But they can limp along to a health station enough times that they can make it through the level. Their main loss condition is killing the whole run with a DH.

If other things on Heresy+ could actually kill them, maybe they would step up their game or step down a difficulty.

Eh there will always be a breakpoint on the difficulty levels where an idiot walks into a DH. Shifting where that breakpoint is doesn't seem like a useful change to me.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

gunners and shooters no longer cause push back with their shots!!!!

lol having only played the game with this on, I can now look down my nose smdh upon the quivering noobs who need it removed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
back in my day we ate a full face of stagger for lunch and were happy

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
What are bullets? Are they those things that happen outside my bubble? Things outside the bubble aren’t real and don’t matter.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Blessings no longer apply on bleed tics and I'm sad about it.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lol having only played the game with this on, I can now look down my nose smdh upon the quivering noobs who need it removed

Hasn't everyone only played with this on, up until this point?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Hasn't everyone only played with this on, up until this point?

iirc, from people posting about it i've seen, it wasn't in at launch, was introduced at some point, was fixed, was introduced somehow again and now fixed again lol. :fatshark:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Homeless Friend posted:

iirc, from people posting about it i've seen, it wasn't in at launch, was introduced at some point, was fixed, was introduced somehow again and now fixed again lol. :fatshark:

y'know what I honestly don't remember since it's been so long and the game has gone through a lot of minor tuning, but I'm pretty sure gunners and reapers all had major pushback at launch and it's been slowly tuned back. Especially frustrating if you were an Ogryn, aka a massive target lol.

Shooters it's way harder to notice unless you had a whole patrol firing at you, but it def happened.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
They reduced Gunner knockback about 70% in patch 14 and it still was enough to stop Zealot and Ogryn charges cold if they got a good windup so 100% reduction is the way to go

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Will a elite gunner or reaper still be able to keep a zealot in purgatory where they can't get close enough to get in melee range due to constant knockback while they fire?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Will a elite gunner or reaper still be able to keep a zealot in purgatory where they can't get close enough to get in melee range due to constant knockback while they fire?

*activates Shroudfield*

Sorry, what were you saying? :smuggo:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

it's just the reaper that has knockback now, and it's significantly reduced from OG. the elites gunners do essentially no push back now, but I didn't check to see with a zealot though.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thank god, the gunner pushback was bullshit. It always felt like I was just in rubberband lag hell.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
The patch notes mentioned some buffs to Psyker's Brain Burst (Rupture) blitz. Some brief testing indicates that the baseline cast was marginally buffed. It's probably slightly faster, but the improvement is minor enough that I'd need to see pre/post-patch versions side by side to say definitively.

The real money is after you use your combat ability and trigger the Kinetic Resonance node. For the next 10 seconds Brain Burst becomes very respectful, as the delay between casts (which previously took up a huge percentage of the actual trigger time) is reduced to almost nil. As soon as the blue halo appears on your desired target, it's very important to immediately seek out your next victim. During this time you can easily take out half a dozen tenacious specials/elites that are spread out in any position.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Director is on fire after this patch

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I just had so many mutants + other specials in an auric mission, I dropped an ogryn nuke and cleared about half of the area, during that chaos everyone else died to probably 10 poxbursters, the remaining 10 mutants were frozen in place like the entire area just lagged out.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I guided some learning friends through Heresy, what the gently caress Jesus Christ it was throwing Auric Damnation grade super hordes after us continuously

something is wrong there.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's kind of hard to follow through the obscured battle, especially if you play it small and lower resolution, but we all got a good laugh out of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SrIXGdmQU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is uh, anyone else seeing this in their bottom right:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ijyt posted:

Looks like version/merge control issues. Classic Farshark!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Someone did recently point out that they were looking for a build engineer lol

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Thought for the day: update your graphics drivers

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
What blessings / perks do you guys like for the Indignatus crusher?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

What blessings / perks do you guys like for the Indignatus crusher?

Hammerblow/ Skullcrusher is pretty much the only two choices for blessings, all the rest kinda suck. As for perks, the usual flak/maniac, but unyielding and carapace are both fine.

With the +Impact zealot talent in the middle tree it lets you stunlock ragers with light swings, even if they have their hyper armor on.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Evil Kit posted:

Hammerblow/ Skullcrusher is pretty much the only two choices for blessings, all the rest kinda suck. As for perks, the usual flak/maniac, but unyielding and carapace are both fine.

With the +Impact zealot talent in the middle tree it lets you stunlock ragers with light swings, even if they have their hyper armor on.

I have Trauma IV on this random 380 crusher I rolled, is that essentially interchangeable with Hammerblow or is it strictly shittier? I had assumed it was the same but now re-reading it, "on Repeated Hit" vs "Hit" is probably much more finicky to trigger. If I'm reading it right, at most it triggers every other hit, and even then, it has to be every other hit on at least one repeated target?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ijyt posted:

Did you activate Ray Reconstruction in the video menu? That flicked the error message on for me.

Has anyone come across a bug where you swap out a talent point and then it just vanishes. You have to reset your points to get them back it's very annoying remaking my whole build.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 23, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Did you activate Ray Reconstruction in the video menu? That flicked the error message on for me.

Has anyone come across a bug where you swap out a talent point and then it just vanishes. You have to reset your points to get them back it's very annoying remaking my whole build.

not exactly, when that happens its actually balloted somewhere but not showing on the gui and i have to exit w/e menu back to 3rd person than go back in and it'll show correctly

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Chinese players on NA servers seem to skew very young. I wonder why that is.

Like, I don't speak Chinese so I can't be certain, but kids play a certain way, y'know?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

I have Trauma IV on this random 380 crusher I rolled, is that essentially interchangeable with Hammerblow or is it strictly shittier? I had assumed it was the same but now re-reading it, "on Repeated Hit" vs "Hit" is probably much more finicky to trigger. If I'm reading it right, at most it triggers every other hit, and even then, it has to be every other hit on at least one repeated target?

Repeated Hit means you need to be hitting the same target, so yes it's just a worse version of Hammerblow which triggers on any hit and doesn't need to be on the same target. And also they give the same numerical bonus...

Repeated Hit conditionals are imo the worst blessings in the game because it's so finicky to hit the same target repeatedly, and to top it off the numerical values of other blessings with easier conditionals that buff the same stat... are either the same bonus or better. There's a few exceptions.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah, RR also introduced stutter for me that I didn't have before.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Wow, Darktide is cool as poo poo but good god there's a lot going on on the screen

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I hope Fatshark finds a way to introduce new challenges to the game that don't involve throwing more enemies at you. I avoid missions with extra dogs and mutants like nurgle rot, because the enemy spam is so tedious. The Twins were a step in the right direction.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm not a fan of mutant or poxburster waves either, but dog town modifier is fun. Buncha much weaker dogs telegraphed to run at you? Ample opportunity to get some space dog sightings.

Imo if mutant waves got a similar treatment it wouldn't be as bad, but for now they're restricted to Maelstorm missions only so eh, whatever.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

judging by the most recent updates theyre not going to be introducing much of anything new unfortunately. other than paid cosmetics of course.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

wonder if Dan Abnett will release his storyboard for the game if Darktide just can't cross the finish line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Kly posted:

judging by the most recent updates theyre not going to be introducing much of anything new unfortunately. other than paid cosmetics of course.

What? The most recent patch was a bunch of bug fixes, but directly previous to that was the Carnival sequence of patches with two entire new missions, a stand-alone boss fight, and a bunch of new weapons (admittedly variants of old ones). That patch was a while ago, because they go on the world’s longest vacation, but like… you’re basing this “trend” on one (1) patch.