Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ironically todd phillips is a more effective bank robber than the joker by several orders of magnitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol if Zaslav writes it off

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Same as your friend who spends thousands of dollars every month on beer and weed but constantly complains about the cost of gas

Your inebriated friend is right to complain

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Someone here once called Todd Phillips "Turd Fartlips" and I still smile when I think about it, because I am seven years old.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

No Mods No Masters posted:

Actually it's not as bad as I thought, basically it only has to be like the fifth highest grossing non-disney non-animated musical ever in order to break even if we go by twice budget. Sounds like a sure thing in the proven ironic dark super hero musical genre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_musical_films

there is a george miller movie on this list

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

FeculentWizardTits posted:

Someone here once called Todd Phillips "Turd Fartlips" and I still smile when I think about it, because I am seven years old.

username post combo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Actually it's not as bad as I thought, basically it only has to be like the fifth highest grossing non-disney non-animated musical ever in order to break even if we go by twice budget. Sounds like a sure thing in the proven ironic dark super hero musical genre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_musical_films

Also if it is R rated like the first film, it simply has to outperform the highest grossing R rated musical, ????????????, by a factor of ??????????????

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Maybe the giant flow chart of movies you are def going to make in a decade was a dumb idea

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Also if it is R rated like the first film, it simply has to outperform the highest grossing R rated musical, ????????????, by a factor of ??????????????

Their mistake was to not cast Taylor Swift as both The Joker and Harley Quinn.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I didn't know Lady Gaga was gonna be in it. I might watch it after all, assuming it survives the Tax Break Purge

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i think i’ll watch the judas video with a joker snapchat filter over norman reedus’s face instead

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How TF? I liked the first one quite a bit but there is no way 200 million is needed for a second one.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

sorry but the only way to make a movie is with hundreds of millions of dollars. there is literally no other way. it cannot be done!!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Here comes the Kingo dynasty bitches, u Heard if here 1st!!!!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

How TF? I liked the first one quite a bit but there is no way 200 million is needed for a second one.

You don't need to understand economics at all to get an MBA, even less so to fall out of the right vagina.

I guarantee Todd went:
"Look, Joker cost 60 mill and made 600. If the next one costs 200 mill, it'll make you 2 Billy. That's just basic maths. Do you want to have the highest grossing film in history or not?"

And the execs all cheered and did a line and signed it off, except for the one genius exec who worked his way up from the mailroom. He wasn't gonna fall for that gambit so easily.

"Now just a minute Todd. You can't absolutely guarantee that it will make that much money. I'm going to need more from you. Will I get to see Lady Gaga's tits?"

Todd Lied and said yes and here we are.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

You don't need to understand economics at all to get an MBA, even less so to fall out of the right vagina.

I guarantee Todd went:
"Look, Joker cost 60 mill and made 600. If the next one costs 200 mill, it'll make you 2 Billy. That's just basic maths. Do you want to have the highest grossing film in history or not?"

And the execs all cheered and did a line and signed it off, except for the one genius exec who worked his way up from the mailroom. He wasn't gonna fall for that gambit so easily.

"Now just a minute Todd. You can't absolutely guarantee that it will make that much money. I'm going to need more from you. Will I get to see Lady Gaga's tits?"

read this out in a hacky old-timey Hollywood producer voice and you’ll make Mike very proud

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Endless Trash posted:

read this out in a hacky old-timey Hollywood producer voice and you’ll make Mike very proud

Only if you're miming a cigarette while doing so

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Endless Trash posted:

*smoking cigarette emote*

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Still probably be better than La La Land.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’m really enjoying this show about the autistic alien doctor. It’s funny and relatable.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I love that the joker 2 is gonna be a musical and I really hope that, like mean girls, the ads completely hide that fact from everybody

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no you can't laugh at my
joker face

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

We need a BotW

and soon

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If there had just been some kind of non star trek content to sate the fuckin grumps, maybe x jakk would still be with us. The boys have a lot to answer for

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MarcusSA posted:

Joker builds a giant blue laser that jokerifies people. It also makes Harley huge, and she destroys Gotham kaiju-style. And then we learn it was all a dream.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

I guarantee Todd went:

The maths checks out.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
X jakk is great and out of the blue I sent him a sensitive story about something bad that happened to me that I don’t share with others, just because he seems like a nice guy. I mean, he hasn’t responded, but he didn’t screenshot it and post a thread titled “HEY EVERYONE, GET A LOOK AT THIS WEIRDO!”, so that’s gotta be worth something.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Paladinus posted:

Joker builds a giant blue laser that jokerifies people. It also makes Harley huge, and she destroys Gotham kaiju-style.

stop I’m gonna cum

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
e: fuckit

joker 2 gin' be bad

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Failson posted:

Still probably be better than La La Land.

don't say it don't spray it

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Is there a more offensively bland cash grab movie with a stacked cast than Last Vegas? I've caught pieces here and there on TV and it is just awful.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
INT. NIGHT

Joker sings Lithium by Nirvana.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’m really enjoying this show about the autistic alien doctor. It’s funny and relatable.

Is there a new Xjakk it is a show episode already???

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Castor Poe posted:

INT. SUNK DUNK'S rear end in a top hat

Joker sings Lithium by Nirvana.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Remember when the media was practically beggin for a mass shooting when Joker hit theatres?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Mordja posted:

Remember when the media was practically beggin for a mass shooting when Joker hit theatres?

They were right

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Mordja posted:

this one is funny cos

i think it must have been engineered by the marketing team, because i think it hugely played into the big box office that movie did. this is a 'dangerous' movie in a world of safe movies - i mean it's a loving comic book movie so no, but they did it. they convinced a lot of people that this might be TRANSGRESSIVE to go see this movie cos there is a 0.0001% chance someone might get shot in your very screening, that's how crazy it is.

you're playing with fire there because america the country is loving stupid and maybe somebody actually WOULD get shot but you know what? that would only make it a legendary movie, profitable for decades.

the actual movie? kinda boring king of comedy rip off with 1 good scene and an almost good ending that they ruined with the denouement scene. everybody leaves semi-satisfied, little bored, little disappointed.

the movie truly was...jokers trick

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

They made this look just as annoying as the games, if not more so :chloe:

Pass!

Is Jaime Lee Curtis playing Tannis? Why is this movie filled with geriatrics? None of these characters are middle-aged (or elderly for that matter).

Lady Gaga is playing Harley Quinn? Who is casting this poo poo? Did they turn casting over to the AIs?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
All the news outlets coming up with their best “lol another Batman shooting” headlines and throwing all their money into a wishing well just praying that lots of people die so their hard work writing hilarious headlines pays off.

Hey on the bright side it caused my screening to have almost as many armed cops as their were people watching the movie, that was pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm just glad Bobby Lee is still somehow getting work somehow.