Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gunshow Poophole posted:

good move, this one. glad you were able to grab some and I hope you can take it easy while it works. rokit snuggles??

As we type!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Animal-Mother posted:

The New Day:

AIR

BORNE AIDS

AIR

BORNE AIDS

Um, there's no evidence that covid is airborn. It just travels indefinitely far through the air on droplets.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
PROOF that covid is NOT air born:

1) Covid is equally airborne as measles
2) measles is not airborne its droplet based
3) therefore wash your hands

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Have you all not considered that sickness is an opportunity to demonstrate to your boss how hard a worker you are? #HustleGame

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Republicans only care about things before they're airborn. You're on your own after that.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Florida stay winning with personal responsibility and medical freedoms

https://twitter.com/maxwellsmith/status/1760128311953334516

lol insane

and also destined to be a policy in schools nationwide within a year

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

everything is hosed

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mild symptoms such as a 105 degree fever.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

I'm sure you know this but what you just said is "maybe if you say all the magic words and don't make waves the people who obviously don't care about your life and are putting it at risk because it's mildly inconvenient for them to do otherwise will change their minds"

You frankly don't have an option to trust your own respirator when admitted because you have to take it off constantly for tests and medications, and pretending otherwise is magical thinking. That's why source control and ventilation matter so much in hospital settings.

I'm not saying don't be upset about it, we all should be. More than upset. But the time to fight and make a scene is *now*, not when you are in there. Call up your local hospital, ask them what their policy is, and bitch *now*.

I'm also not saying not to be an advocate for yourself. But goddamn, it is hard to do without getting the "difficult" label. God forbid you get "irrational", like this patient did.

Again, if you got someone who likes you, ask them to come sit with you in the hospital. Even if they aren't up to kiss any nurse rear end for you, just being there helps.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Insanite posted:

lol insane

and also destined to be a policy in schools nationwide within a year

sure is!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao that measles outbreaks in schools are now normal and not a big deal and vaccines are an individual choice (for parents)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
going back in time ten years to lol at my younger self who doesn't realize how absofucked he is

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I finally ended a phone conversation with my mom by angrily saying I was disappointed in her and the rest of my family about not masking.

She used the “everyone makes choices that hurt people” line on me and I snapped. I could tell my response hurt her and now I feel terrible. I just want all this to end. Man, gently caress everything.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

given the social production of a premature end of the pandemic, how do you justify caring about measles when effective vaccines exist and "most" people who contract the disease will be okay?

love that my kid can't get her first MMR shot for another 6 months. as florida goes, so goes the nation.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

This is horrifying like jfc it's a black mirror episode.

It's sadly not surprising though, tail end of my wife's cancer stuff was when mask requirements in WA hospitals dropped and while our doctor was still wearing them the nurses weren't and were in fact actively encouraging us to take them off during treatment. Undergoing chemo during covid seemed like incredibly unlucky timing but on hindsight getting diagnosed the same time what restrictions we had were actually implemented ended up being a surprising saving grace. That and her having a job that let her take FMLA for half a year and telework the second half without just finding an excuse to can her.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Humira is no longer offering a sharps container mailback program due to supply chain issues and by Pennsylvania guidelines I'm apparently just supposed to throw the container in the trash. And if I don't have a container I should use a laundry detergent bottle? This is all extremely normal.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cenotaph posted:

Humira is no longer offering a sharps container mailback program due to supply chain issues and by Pennsylvania guidelines I'm apparently just supposed to throw the container in the trash. And if I don't have a container I should use a laundry detergent bottle? This is all extremely normal.

Same situation with my wife's Stelara sharps. Just leave them on a playground somewhere so the local news can dress up their segments about how the homeless are destroying our cities.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

cenotaph posted:

And if I don't have a container I should use a laundry detergent bottle? This is all extremely normal.

I say this a lot, but getting real "downfall of the USSR" vibes from everything.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

cenotaph posted:

Good: Having a contingency plan for people who may need to dispose of used medical needles in the event of a disruption
Bad: Making that the default plan

hellworld, baybeee

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Same situation with my wife's Stelara sharps. Just leave them on a playground somewhere so the local news can dress up their segments about how the homeless are destroying our cities.

For future thread archaeologists, PFC is just making dark humor here and this isn't a serious suggestion. We all know those news segments are happening regardless lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Salt Fish posted:

PROOF that covid is NOT air born:

1) Covid is equally airborne as measles
2) measles is not airborne its droplet based
3) therefore wash your hands
Also HIV is spread via bodily fluids, which is a kind of droplet

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Animal-Mother posted:

I say this a lot, but getting real "downfall of the USSR" vibes from everything.

My microwave died yesterday. It's less than three years old and it's the third microwave I've had die on me in 15 years and today this. What will tomorrow bring???

Baddog
May 12, 2001

cenotaph posted:

Hah, yah I was just trying to figure this out as well, cus my migraine meds were upgraded to "ooo baby you need to inject this poo poo".

It feels really loving weird to throw a detergent bottle full of needles in my regular-rear end trashcan. But they are just as tough as these $5 little red "official" sharps containers that hold like 1/10 of the needles, and the screw cap does feel even more secure.

These are colorado's guidelines:

quote:

Purchase a commercially available sharps container from a pharmacy or other source, or use a strong plastic or metal container with a screw-on or tightly secured lid to prevent accidental contact with the waste.
Containers like empty bleach bottles, liquid detergent bottles and heavy plastic jugs are strong enough to prevent the sharps from poking through the container and have lids that can be securely fastened.
A coffee can may also be used as long as the lid is sealed with strong tape once the container is full.
Plastic milk containers are a poor choice because they're generally made of thin plastic that can be easily punctured by a needle or lancet.
Glass should never be used as a sharps container because the glass can break and make the hazard worse.
Label the container as “Used Sharps” if your household is not using a commercially-available container.
Once filled, the container should be firmly sealed to prevent accidental tampering.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Baddog posted:

It feels really loving weird to throw a detergent bottle full of needles in my regular-rear end trashcan. But they are just as tough as these $5 little red "official" sharps containers that hold like 1/10 of the needles, and the screw cap does feel even more secure.
The point of a sharps container is that it is plainly and clearly labeled so the people handling it know what to expect, and as such it follows an alternate disposal route (usually an incinerator). Telling people to stick sharps into a laundry detergent bottle and huck it in the trash is basically saving money and subjecting municipal waste workers to increased risk.

e: the thing with the labeling suggestions in Colorado's guidelines is that nobody is ever going to follow them

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

OP do you have any pharmacies that will accept sharps containers?

edit:

Also oh boy people weren't kidding about Paxlovid bitterness happening. Bleh

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
If those municipal waste workers don't want to get pricked by used needles, they should just stay home. The rest of us have moved on.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

OP do you have any pharmacies that will accept sharps containers?

edit:

Also oh boy people weren't kidding about Paxlovid bitterness happening. Bleh

jolly ranchers

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The plastic bag sliced bread comes in is pretty much the same thing as a laundry detergent container.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
as a malortlover I enjoyed pax mouth, but my wife agreed that thread favorite

Steve Yun posted:

jolly ranchers

did the job.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Baddog posted:

Don't worry about it. It turns out it's fine because recycling is fake and nobody is going to be sorting through those bottles to recycle them

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

jolly ranchers

I'm not fond of really sweet things like that but I'll try something similar though- I got some riccola lozenges for my throat and it seems to help for a short while. I'll get something that tastes better. Thanks!

edit: Actually I wonder if something like red hots would work? I'll give it a shot. I don't like going to the market even masked for long. I don't want to spread anything :(

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Baddog posted:

I'm not saying don't be upset about it, we all should be. More than upset. But the time to fight and make a scene is *now*, not when you are in there. Call up your local hospital, ask them what their policy is, and bitch *now*.

I'm also not saying not to be an advocate for yourself. But goddamn, it is hard to do without getting the "difficult" label. God forbid you get "irrational", like this patient did.

Again, if you got someone who likes you, ask them to come sit with you in the hospital. Even if they aren't up to kiss any nurse rear end for you, just being there helps.

People don't have a choice about "making a scene" when they go to the hospital if they want to avoid getting socially murdered there my dude. There are literally no options other than asking your doctor to wear a mask on your behalf, they won't do it by default and you don't get to pick someone understanding when you need to go to the ER. And calling up your local hospital and complaining about their masking policy doesn't help an immune compromised person avoid getting infected with COVID because it changes nothing. This reeks of telling people to protest the right way when the ask is literally, "please don't give me a disease that could kill me," which is I guess a step up from your earlier post telling people who need to be admitted that they should just trust their own respirator when they're more than likely not going to be physically able to keep it on.

The Oldest Man has issued a correction as of 03:26 on Feb 22, 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
somebody said werthers candies were terrible on pax

Baddog
May 12, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

People don't have a choice about "making a scene" when they go to the hospital if they want to avoid getting socially murdered there my dude. There are literally no options other than asking your doctor to wear a mask on your behalf, they won't do it by default and you don't get to pick someone understanding when you need to go to the ER. And calling up your local hospital and complaining about their masking policy doesn't help an immune compromised person avoid getting infected with COVID because it changes nothing. This reeks of telling people to protest the right way when the ask is literally, "please don't give me a disease that could kill me," which is I guess a step up from your earlier post telling people who need to be admitted that they should just trust their own respirator when they're more than likely not going to be physically able to keep it on.

Why are you always reading 10x into my posts than is there, and taking them the absolute worst way. Have you even been in a hospital lately? Or ever?

What do you want me to say, what is the correct theological position for you?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Steve Yun posted:

somebody said werthers candies were terrible on pax

They're terrible anyway tho :confused:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The point of a sharps container is that it is plainly and clearly labeled so the people handling it know what to expect, and as such it follows an alternate disposal route (usually an incinerator). Telling people to stick sharps into a laundry detergent bottle and huck it in the trash is basically saving money and subjecting municipal waste workers to increased risk.

e: the thing with the labeling suggestions in Colorado's guidelines is that nobody is ever going to follow them

Also this program was free and I use those ginormous dispenser laundry detergent things which is going to be unwieldy.

I have to call the Geisinger pharmacy tomorrow for a refill. Maybe they'll take up the slack.

It's great that in the ~14 years I've been doing this it's gone from

1. The pharmacy is in Tennessee for some loving reason and they do the sharps program.

2. The pharmacy has changed and the new one doesn't handle this so you have you call the manufacturer.

3. The mail isn't picking up due to covid so you have to take it to the post and breath all over the employees which is safer?

4. The mail is picking them up again.

5. gently caress you use a bleach bottle.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington State's Respiratory Illness Dashboard.

Positive clinical cases (tests administered at CLIA certified or CLIA waived labs) as reported by healthcare facility.

pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:
week of:    3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week Wkly Trend	Total
Feb 11            -        -        -    + 2,385    ↓ 18.9%     2,385
Feb 04            -        -    2,831      + 111     ↓ 5.2%     2,942
Jan 28            -    2,919      171       + 13    ↓ 10.4%     3,103
Jan 21        3,275      160       22        + 5     ↑ 9.6%     3,462
Jan 14          246       34       33        + 1     ↓ 6.5%     3,158
Thru 2023        52       75      364       + 26              155,269
Emergency Visits with confirmed COVID-19 in Washington state facilities. Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence. Most recent week of data is incomplete.

pre:
ED Visits      Changes in Recent Counts:
Feb 11            -        -        -      + 884    ↓ 17.4%       884
Feb 04            -        -    1,064        + 6     ↓ 8.2%     1,070
Jan 28            -      981      131       + 54    ↓ 12.7%     1,166
Jan 21        1,155      126       54          -    ↑ 16.4%     1,335
Jan 14           -6       50        -          -    ↓ 16.0%     1,147
Thru 2023        51        -        -          -               52,561

New hospital admissions in Washington state facilities with laboratory confirmed COVID-19 as reported by the state and HHS. Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence. Most recent week of data is incomplete.

pre:
Hosp. Admissions      Changes in Recent Counts:
Feb 11            -        -        -      + 345     ↑ 3.9%       345
Feb 04            -        -      371       - 39     ↓ 6.7%       332
Jan 28            -      372      -16          -     ↓ 4.3%       356
Jan 21          398      -26        -          -     ↓ 3.6%       372
Jan 14            9       -9        -          -     ↑ 5.8%       386
Thru 2023         5       -1        -          -               15,299
Total occupied inpatient beds (excludes ICU beds) used in Washington state facilities with diagnostic codes for COVID-19 (U07.1) and pneumonia due to COVID-19 (J12.82). Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
Beds in Use      Changes in Recent Counts:	
Feb 11            -        -        -    + 1,953    ↓ 10.9%     1,953
Feb 04            -        -    2,191          -     ↓ 2.2%     2,191
Jan 28            -    2,233        7          -     ↓ 9.1%     2,240
Jan 21        2,478      -14        -          -     ↑ 0.6%     2,464
Jan 14            -        -        -          -    ↓ 10.7%     2,450
Thru 2023         -        -        -          -              100,135
Total occupied ICU beds used in Washington state facilities with diagnostic codes for COVID-19 (U07.1) and pneumonia due to COVID-19 (J12.82). Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
ICU in Use      Changes in Recent Counts:	
Feb 11            -        -        -      + 224     ↓ 8.6%       224
Feb 04            -        -      245          -     ↓ 2.8%       245
Jan 28            -      259       -7          -     ↓ 2.7%       252
Jan 21          259        -        -          -    ↑ 19.4%       259
Jan 14            -        -        -          -    ↓ 18.4%       217
Thru 2023         -        -        -          -               11,361
Recent deaths certified/coded as, or referencing to, COVID-19 in WHALES with a corresponding positive lab (including postmortem testing) as reported in WDRS. Most recent two weeks of data are incomplete.

pre:
Deaths    Changes in Recent Counts:
Feb 11            -        -        -          -         -          -
Feb 04            -        -        -       + 35    ↑ 12.9%        35
Jan 28            -        -       28        + 3     ↑ 3.3%        31
Jan 21            -       29        1          -    ↓ 38.8%        30
Jan 14           41        7        1          -    ↑ 36.1%        49
Thru 2023        11        2        1        + 1                1,660
Notes on Data and Limitations:
  • In this post I provide alternative visualizations for the overall weekly disease activity and reporting on weekly confirmed case positives, emergency department (ED) visits, new hospitalizations, total inpatients/occupied hospital beds, and confirmed deaths. Additionally I provide changes in COVID-19 activity due to backfill.
  • Trends are calculated based on the % change in the totals for the most recent week of data compared to the second most recent. This differs from the state's trend % as they are doing a % change of a % of ED visits and hospitalizations, respectively.
  • Columns with a bright bar are the new additions for this week's report. Darker columns are from previously published weekly reports. An outlined column is where previously established numbers have been reduced with this week's report.
  • These graphs were put together by using a multitude of resources spanning from the Washington State Department of Health all the way to the CDC and HHS. All of these state and federal reports use the standardized Sunday-Saturday 7-day definition.
  • Reinfections are only counted when equal to or greater than 90 days since prior recorded infection unless both samples were sequenced and found to be different subvariants.
  • All numbers except for cases and deaths are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence. Totals are extrapolated by applying the state's weekly hospitalizations or ED visit % to the HHS' reporting of hospitalizations and ED visits due to all causes. Beds occupied by COVID-19 is the weekly average multiplied by 7 days, and beds occupied by influenza is from HHS reports.
  • A COVID-19, Influenza, or RSV death is only counted by the state if data is complete (cause of death is attributed to the disease and there is an associated laboratory positive test with no period of complete recovery between illness and death). The only exception is that RSV does not need a test, only that it is indicated as cause on the death certificate.
---
Sources:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Seriously the second order effects of the government not facilitating isolation for infected people are some of the most morally horrific.

having to care for yourself or your loved ones and then also doing that in the context of being a potential walking viral bomb is agonizing. Death to America basically.

On the plus side I made a donation to a collective in Chicago area and got one of their stickers so (timely) it's joining Lulu on my new to me laptop. Clean Air Club helps bands and artists have safer shows. Not ironclad obvi but they're like a tool library for purifiers :3

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 04:15 on Feb 22, 2024

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Baddog posted:

Why are you always reading 10x into my posts than is there, and taking them the absolute worst way. Have you even been in a hospital lately? Or ever?

What do you want me to say, what is the correct theological position for you?

"drat, it's loving lovely that that person was mistreated, whoever those nurses and/or doctors are who are responsible for such treatment ought to be named and fired"

the end

that's it, there is no need to go down the rabbit hole of how an immune compromised person suffering from pain needed to employ A Better Strategy to get care

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Bold lines in the tables are new since the previous update.

Olympic Peninsula & Northwest Wash.

pre:
Olympic Peninsula & Northwest Wash.
County		Shed ID	Ref.	Date	Trend	7-Day Change
Jefferson	PT	(1)	Feb-14	DOWN	   - 30%
Mason		Biobot	(4)	Feb-10	UP	   + 85%
Skagit		ANA	(1)	Feb-15	DOWN	   - 40%
Skagit		MV	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   + 20%
Whatcom		LYN	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   + 35%
North Puget Sound [1 of 2]

pre:
North Puget Sound [1 of 2]
Island		COUP	(1)	Feb-09	DOWN	   - 40%
Island		OH	(1)	Feb-16	UP	   +110%
Snohomish	APP	(1)	Feb-15	DOWN	   - 20%
Snohomish	ARL	(1)	Feb-15	DOWN	   - 45%
Snohomish	EVR	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 50%
Snohomish	STAN	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 50%
Snohomish	256	(3)	Feb-19	UP	   + 15%
North Puget Sound [2 of 2]

pre:
North Puget Sound [2 of 2]
King		BWT	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 35%
King		KCS	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 35%
King		WSPT	(1)	Feb-13	STEADY	   ±  0%
South Puget Sound & Southwest

pre:
South Puget Sound & Southwest
Clark		MRPK	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 45%
Clark		SNCK	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   + 15%
Clark		VWS	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 50%
Lewis		Biobot	(4)	Feb-03	n/a	      --
Pierce		CC	(1)	Feb-16	DOWN	   - 15%
Pierce		PUY	(1)	Feb-12	UP	   +110%
Thurston	LOTT	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   + 25%
North & South Central Wash.

pre:
North & South Central Wash.
Benton		WRCH	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   + 95%
Chelan		WEN	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   + 60%
Grant		EPH	(1)	Feb-14	UP	   +210%
Kittitas	ELL	(1)	Feb-15	STEADY	   ±  2%
Okanogan	BRW	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   + 30%
Yakima		YAK	(1)	Feb-15	UP	   +120%
Northeast & Southeast Wash.

pre:
Northeast & Southeast Wash.
Franklin	PAS	(1)	Feb-16	STEADY	   ±  8%
Spokane		RP	(1)	Feb-16	STEADY	   ±  7%
Spokane		SPK	(1)	Feb-16	UP	   + 65%
Walla Walla	WALLA	(1)	Feb-15	STEADY	   ±  1%
Whitman		PLM	(1)	Feb-16	DOWN	   - 25%
Solid lines are generated from normalized and smoothed data provided by the Washington State Department of Health (WADoH Ref. (1) ), Verily/WastewaterSCAN (WWS Ref. (3) ), and Biobot (Ref. (4) ).

White diamond dots are from most recent CDC/NWSS (Ref. (2) ) data scaled to supplement missing or out-dated data when available.

Because each of these four groups use different normalization methods, different smoothing methods, and different averaging/location identifiers, the concentration of virus is not comparable between locations. See reference links at the bottom of this post for more details.

There are 33 sewersheds distributed across 6 charts grouped by region then alphabetized by county and sewershed. The tables below contain WADoH or NWSS/WSS IDs (to match their respective dashboards), Date last sampled, Trend (based on the change between the averages of the two most recent weeks), and 7-Day Change (approx. amount the trend has increased or decreased).

All data presented are smoothed in some degree to even out inconsistent sampling dates and extreme highs and lows. Most sewersheds are sampled 1-3 times a week and are published within a week. Some locations are late reporting by 10 days or more so be sure to note your sewershed's Date in the table or graph. Locations that are more than two weeks old will have n/a listed under Trend to indicate there it is out of date.

References with links to details on y-axis units, normalization protocols, data limitations, and sampling methods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

"drat, it's loving lovely that that person was mistreated, whoever those nurses and/or doctors are who are responsible for such treatment ought to be named and fired"

the end

that's it, there is no need to go down the rabbit hole of how an immune compromised person suffering from pain needed to employ A Better Strategy to get care

I mean that would be nice, but at this point that's pure fantasy. I think plenty of hospitals even rehired all the chuds who got fired for not getting vaccinated, didn't they? The person reporting the situation that kicked off this discussion wants to be anonymous, because they are afraid.

We *all* should be calling our local hospitals and pushing them on their covid policies, not just the immune compromised. I don't understand what you are not getting about "the time to push for policy change is when you are healthy(ish), not when you need someone to change your wet bedsheets". At that point you're absolutely at their mercy, and some of them are vindictive and petty as gently caress. This isn't just a masking issue - getting on the wrong side of someone when you are in pain is surprisingly easy. That's part of why you need a friend there, to hopefully smooth things over and mediate and remember to say "please and thank you" for you. Or just to run down and get a blanket off the stack, instead of you hammering the call button and becoming "omg that guy in 4 wants something AGAIN." I'm talking practical advice here, not theory crafting a perfect world where the overwhelming percentage of the population who are assholes have all been fired.

If you think that calling your hospital and asking about their covid policy is also useless, that's fair. But at least it's doing something, rather than just "those nurses and/or doctors are who are responsible for such treatment ought to be named and fired the end"