Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TrashMammal posted:

got a firefighter as my accountability buddy, and yeah, that’s tough stuff

I was a volunteer firefighter briefly (maybe 2 years max)!

I tried to find a gif of Barf from Spaceballs saying "I'm my own best friend." but I couldn't find it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

TrashMammal posted:

hell yeah buddy, sounds like an awesome evening

Should be fun. My 77 year old mom told me I was definitely getting old when I told her lol.

I told her that weed and alcohol will make it a party and I hope the bingo hall survives us

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have a Mexican coworker that keeps using the phrase "I don't want to be obvious, but" and that's a really subtle and obscure phrase in english i feel like. do you think she means it like "sound stupid"?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Is she saying something factually incorrect or true?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
i think you’d normally say “not to state the obvious, but” when you’re politely reiterating something that people should definitely know already but you kinda suspect they don’t

that might be what she means, not to state the obvious

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's a weird turn of phrase. To me it depends on the meaning they use it for and the rest of the sentence decides that. Could be sarcastic or just a weird way of trying to say "don't you all know we should be doing x instead of y, you stupid?" Trying to phrase it nicely.

Depends on the crowd and tone and what they say after it

Need more deets vark

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I don't want to be obvious, but you have to wipe the sink clean every night

Is very different than

I don't want to be obvious, but chickens used to be dinosaurs, right?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I kinda like it. People who speak English as a second language come up with some awesome phrasing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I have a Mexican coworker that keeps using the phrase "I don't want to be obvious, but" and that's a really subtle and obscure phrase in english i feel like. do you think she means it like "sound stupid"?

I think she's implying that you're stupid i.e. she's having to explain something that is very obvious to a normal person because she thinks otherwise you won't understand.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm so old I have to turn on autogenerated subtitles for teams/zooms, because I couldn't hear people on quiet mics, in meetings and it's really helped me understand the Chinese and Russian accents that some of my coworkers have.

I'm used to English/Spanish/Indian accents and this is doing a good job of helping me learn the new accents.

Only good thing I've used AI for since I'm not a coder.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

I think she's implying that you're stupid i.e. she's having to explain something that is very obvious to a normal person because she thinks otherwise you won't understand.

:golfclap:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

AARD VARKMAN posted:

she just means obvio, guey. you’re all over here not even knowing anything about something like some kind of potato. respond with “la neta” next time and you’ll have a friend for life

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
give me some hyrax avs to get uploaded to replace pug avatars. its been long enough

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ayyyyyy chingon

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The one with the two hyrax and one is licking the other. Imgur is broken so I can't do it quickly on my phone. It's in this thread. I'll try to find it

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Yeah that rules lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
plz post 180x180 versions the admins are doing #volunteerwork

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

gently caress man I can't do that on my phone I'm sorry. I'll try to get to a computer later

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Yeah I'm on my phone too sorry lol

Someone do the needful

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ty for finding them though. probably gonna need all of them possible to resolve the Pug Issue

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Don't talk to me or my son ever again

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

she just means obvio, guey. you’re all over here not even knowing anything about something like some kind of potato. respond with “la neta” next time and you’ll have a friend for life

Si quema cuhh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Smugworth posted:

Si quema cuhh
. /

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

plz post 180x180 versions the admins are doing #volunteerwork

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

no quema cuh, guey

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

asked for upload

come on you poo poo birds squarsh them and add transparency for epic avatars, im going to upload as many as i need to resolve the pug situation. make your stain on gbs av history

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I don't even know what that means man, I was going to try to shrink the images to 180x180 pixels

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AARD VARKMAN posted:

give me some hyrax avs to get uploaded to replace pug avatars. its been long enough

This was made for you or Seth. I can't remember.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

AARD VARKMAN posted:

asked for upload

come on you poo poo birds squarsh them and add transparency for epic avatars, im going to upload as many as i need to resolve the pug situation. make your stain on gbs av history

I'm a dumb gently caress who instead of fixing his broken PC years ago just said gently caress it and went without. Otherwise this would be my jam. I guess I need to pull the trigger on the parts in my Amazon cart so I can resume contributing to the community lol

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

that was made to bully valko into posting elsewhere

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pennywise the Frown posted:

that av was made for me and i'll wear it for 6 month for $500 to a stray animal charity

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
the pepto bismol commercial where tehy sing "heartburn nausea indigestion, upset stomach... diarrhea" airs in spanish every time on my espn stream. its the only thing i see on tv in spanish, and the 30 seconds of language immersion courtesy the pepto bismol poop song is a small point of light in my day

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

wow dont try to upload an image the forums freaks out even if its 16kb

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

:hmmyes:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Here we go lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I ate a 2 week old bag of spinach and mixed greens but it must of been in nitrogen because It was crisp and not spoiled at all

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

These are incredible wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Heh yeah they are.