Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

4m poses, I need to get back to drilling these more regularly, try and figure out how to better construct poses around a gesture

daily scribble

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

had the melting clock dream, tried to draw it

daily scribble

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Oh yeah, totally been forgetting to post art.

This is for the ArtDome challenge from the GoonArt Discord. The challenge is to create a new animal, so I made a gecko based off of Yeeryie from House in Hellworld (my VN https://smik.itch.io/a-house-in-hellworld) who herself had gecko-inspired elements. (Some people think house geckos are creepy since they just sort of show up at night, clinging to walls but they're benign and beneficial as they eat house pests)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Just popping in to say that I appreciate these.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

readingatwork posted:

Agreed! They're all really good.

I drew a picture of Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

loving your style and the use of limited palettes. what’s your process? are you painting at the shown pixel resolution or are you downscaling from a higher res?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

This one was a goddamned rollercoaster! I decided to include the whole eight hour process from beginning to end with every bump included in the video because art isn't a straight line. I got to the point where I realized the thing I was working on was...just really unsettling and not good, but rather than give up I started again! And realized once again that it just wasn't working out very well, so I took the original sketch and re-did it in a different style and I think it actually works in the end! Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd0bFhzlBUY

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

readingatwork posted:

ty, that makes me happy :shobon:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

loving your style and the use of limited palettes. what’s your process? are you painting at the shown pixel resolution or are you downscaling from a higher res?
Yeah, I mainly do pixel art so all the pieces are made at the resolution they're posted in. The process is essentially digital painting, but using software that's specialized for pixel art: I use a 3x3 brush (or larger) to do broad shapes and then use a 1x1 brush to handle details that the larger brush can't handle.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

last few days of daily scribbles

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Day 22

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
Posting my ribbon series here:

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 23

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

I especially enjoy the iridescence you managed to create with the very specific mixture and application of color. Quite well done.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
RIP to Flaco. A hero and a muse.

https://newsroom.wcs.org/News-Relea...tic-Injury.aspx

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 24

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
crosspostin' from traditional art thread. these weren't exactly daily but i've been aiming for at least weekly sessions lately. helps that the figure drawing scene in my city is pretty active and quite cheap.

SexyBlindfold posted:

slowly made my way back into figure drawing last year - here's a few from the last couple of months. the "+" next to the pose time means i hosed around with it at a later date.

i'm particularly happy with the pieces in acrylic marker (5, 7 and 10 - i have a few others) since i've only just started working with it. starting to run out of pieces of cardboard to reuse, though

most important lesson learned so far is i should probably see if i find a proper scanner because no mater how much i mind the lighting and the angle the pics of my art taken with my phone still look like rear end

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

IkeTurner posted:

I especially enjoy the iridescence you managed to create with the very specific mixture and application of color. Quite well done.

thank you!! i had so many markers strewn all over my desk during it :negative:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

last few days of scribbles

wondering why so many cop cars have tusks like a boar

idle scribbling, feels a bit cubist

Schir fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 28, 2024