Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
so of course they pivot with joker 2 and say no this time it's an extravaganza, you won't believe the showmanship on display this time. we've got lady gaga, she's super famous for being entertaining. it's gonna be so fun.

it's a wise gambit to get away from the dangerous thing cos you just can't do that twice, everybody knows this is a lame duck even the stupids, but you COULD drag them back in on the promise of a spectacle with the faintest ghost of dangerous. the people you push away with that already think joker 1 was stupid as gently caress and won't be back, the people you gain are like, the casual audience looking for something to do because they are so boring they can't think of anything else. hey joker 2's out, lady gaga is in it, that's a normal and also kinda wild! thing to do. so, money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The Borderlands trailer looks.... fine.

It's not like the game is a deep thinker.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Eternals 2 should be a musical.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

They made this look just as annoying as the games, if not more so :chloe:

Pass!

You know what, gently caress it. It looks bad but probably fun. I enjoyed the first two games so why not. Based on the trailer it looks like they toned down Tiny Tina, and if there was one thing that needed to happen, it was that.

The Joker 2 stuff on the other hand sounds like it's an Onion headline.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Borderlands looks very high budget and boring. Like the characters in the game have no real personality and the story is just background noise. Looks like it's just gonna be "remember this area from borderlands? Here it is, in movie form!!!"

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760455935237980445?t=wVcyQpJs6MTqhQ0uCyPCVw&s=19

People once believed that when a franchise dies, Hollywood carries it to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens, like the Crow sequel with Edward Furlong, that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the franchise can't rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, Hollywood can bring that franchise back to put the wrong things right.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

roomtone posted:

this one is funny cos

i think it must have been engineered by the marketing team, because i think it hugely played into the big box office that movie did. this is a 'dangerous' movie in a world of safe movies - i mean it's a loving comic book movie so no, but they did it. they convinced a lot of people that this might be TRANSGRESSIVE to go see this movie cos there is a 0.0001% chance someone might get shot in your very screening, that's how crazy it is.

you're playing with fire there because america the country is loving stupid and maybe somebody actually WOULD get shot but you know what? that would only make it a legendary movie, profitable for decades.

lmfao

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

roomtone posted:

that would only make it a legendary movie, profitable for decades.

The Dark Knight Rises was really bad though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
who the gently caress is FKA twigs? are they the new awkwafina?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

counterfeitsaint posted:

The Dark Knight Rises was really bad though.

my only lingering memory of it outside of the meme opening is how one of the guys i saw it with waxed lyrical about his interpretation of it as some sort of libertarian, anti-federal statement and the rest of us just smiled and nodded and then i never watched it again

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Musician

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

She's a pretty good musician. I have no idea if she can act, though.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched beau travail at the alamo (1999 dir. claire denis)

I was expecting to love it tbh but I was bored to loving tears. the suspense was as tight as a wet noodle and the ending was dumb as hell. biggest disappointment of the year so far for me.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

watched beau travail at the alamo (1999 dir. claire denis)

I was expecting to love it tbh but I was bored to loving tears. the suspense was as tight as a wet noodle and the ending was dumb as hell. biggest disappointment of the year so far for me.

This was just the January movie of the month in Cinema Discusso--is this a cross-post brewing?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i haven't seen beau travail in a long time but i don't remember it being boring

if it's your first jump into arthouse stuff maybe, but it's pretty straightforward. boring? mm. nah.

start with like i dunno, nobody knows or chungking express or le rayon vert

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
actually start with the unbelievable truth by hal hartley from 1989 it's one of the best movies ever made

none of these have anything in common except how much they will test your patience

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
now that xjakk has been run out of the thread we can finally talk about everyones favourite youtuber; Mr Beast

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Crescent Wrench posted:

This was just the January movie of the month in Cinema Discusso--is this a cross-post brewing?

oh goodie let me go see what the brain geniuses in cd had to say about this stale moldy roux of a film

e: the current cd fotm, the last black man in san francisco, loving rules though. jonathan majors is *handed a card from off screen* ...mmm, nevertheless,

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 22, 2024

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Gripweed posted:

I like Monster Hunter and the Milla Jovovich Resident Evil movies, so I was basically the target demo for the Monster Hunter movie.

But then they made it a weird Isekai where Jovovich is a troop even though her being a troop has zero effect on the plot, and they decided the monster that should get the most screen time is the loving Nerscylla, literally the least iconic monster in the lineup, and the movie spends the first two acts in a cave, and they only get to something that feels Monster Huntery in the last act when it's clearly too late, and then the final fight is with a Rathalos and it's pretty lame, and there's some weird plot about this being a threat to both worlds, it's a loving Rathalos it's not a world threat, it's literally like the first big boss you fight, which is another huge mistake she should've fought the Rathalos early on and then reveal the big threat, especially if it's supposed to have some kind of world consequences, it really should have been an Elder Dragon, and not having Jovovich wear Kirin armor is basically the biggest own goal in cinematic history, how do you gently caress that up?

i sure hope somebody got fired over that blunder

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Non Compos Mentis posted:

now that xjakk has been run out of the thread we can finally talk about everyones favourite youtuber; Mr Beast

I don't understand people who insist this thread is actually a general youtuber thread, RLM is the only one that gets posted or discussed with any regularity

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
the CD guys aren't even that bad i dunno what yous are always talking about

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the CD people have mellowed out somewhat in their old age. It's not quite as batshit there as it was a few years ago.

Granted, it may be that I've spent too much time among their weird brains and now my brain is weird as well

mystes
May 31, 2006

ban all discussion of any youtube videos in this thread imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you post any non-RLM "youtuber" at your own risk and if you post them 20 times your risk level may raise. but hell if it's good content then post it, pussy

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you post any non-RLM "youtuber" at your own risk and if you post them 20 times your risk level may raise. but hell if it's good content then post it, pussy

this is just patently wrong

jenny is objectively funnier than mike, who is the 'funny guy' or RLM (except for rich who is the unintentional funny guy which has become intentional) but she's a vaguely attractive woman so she's out and sus and anyone who posted her is sus. i don't think she even posts anymore it's been a while.

if you're not 300lbs, jay, midwestern or an uncharismatic leech, it's unacceptable in this beautiful zone.

so people posted jenny 2 times. 10 times. and every time, the fans got more pissed off and hostile. there's no room for other youtubers in this middle aged mid western zone my friend. none. zero.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

roomtone posted:

jenny is objectively funnier than mike

can we give posters like this a "slow" tag? or like "waterbrain gang" so we can quickly identify and disregard them

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i wouldn't object to being called slow by the braintrust of the somethingawful rlm thread

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stop calling these people by their birth names you have no grounds to make rejoinder with their naval legal persons name. they have channel names and usernames for a reason.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

roomtone posted:

i wouldn't object to being called slow by the braintrust of the somethingawful rlm thread

jenny thread's that way. it's got way more posters in it on account of how much funnier she is. please go and don't come back. this thread's on a roll

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

roomtone posted:

:lol:

I don’t have many lists to go on but you’re a fair trade for the posters we’ve lost

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

the woman who put the final nail in shia laboeuf's career and banished him to the shadow realm

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

E: I ate a threat prison for Jenny and I’d do it again. She’s the best YouTuber active, after xjakk and the guy who reviews burgers in a suit

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

:lol:

I don’t have many lists to go on but you’re a fair trade for the posters we’ve lost

i'd trade my own account for kntfkr cos he was a good guy but i don't think that's how it works and i dunno why he got banned

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

who the gently caress is FKA twigs?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would self immolate in a heartbeat to bring that dick! back from wrestling forum nirvana into the poo poo with the rest of us. Hell any reasonable person would

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

roomtone posted:

i'd trade my own account for kntfkr cos he was a good guy but i don't think that's how it works and i dunno why he got banned

Mods cant stand goose pussy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you actually watch RLM videos you're a sheeple, maybe try inventing your own movie opinions for once.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
this is actually the best youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zZ0n1p9No

https://www.youtube.com/@CannedFishFiles

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

trilobite terror posted:

the woman who put the final nail in shia laboeuf's career and banished him to the shadow realm

i never bought this DLC i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

I would self immolate in a heartbeat to bring that dick! back from wrestling forum nirvana into the poo poo with the rest of us. Hell any reasonable person would

alright well, your move brother