Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tarnop posted:

Maybe but then the art team were probably at work and not much they can do to help with server issues

Yeah it's an adjustment but definitely this. I vendored stuff at the first town just in case the vendor had movement speed boots but since then I've just been throwing everything I'm not using on the ground (uniques and idols notwithstanding). Most items vendor for less than the average pile of gold that drops

Also worth mentioning for those who haven't looked at it, the loot filter is VERY robust. It's in the settings menu. You can set it to filter for rarities and specific affixes and have the rules set so they trigger in a specific order. This allows you to get it to something like "only show me anything purple and above, unless it has these specific affixes that I'm looking for, but also never show me trash white items, and also never show me offhands because I'm using a two hander." You can really filter it down to only the poo poo you might actually care about. And then at any time you can hold down X to disable the loot filter, if you just want to fill up your inventory with whatever vendor trash might still be laying around right before you head back to town.

On a new character, I usually start with blue and above only after the first few levels, then once that gets my inventory too full, switch to gold and above unless it has something specific to my class, and then start getting more and more picky with it as I level up further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

sleater-cummy posted:

How's the controller support? I wouldn't mind trying it out on Steam Deck once things calm down a little.

Its pretty good. I was going to refund if I didn't like the controller support because I want my arpgs to be playable in absolute relaxo mode.

Compared to d4, the targeting is a lot more manual. My experience in d4 is that i can just hold a button and my dude hits the guys. In LE I need to aim my skill shots, sort of moba style. This feels a lilll more fiddly, but for the intro section it was fine. I suspect autotargeting is also an option, but I havent gone into the menus at all.

Anyway, games good. Servers up. Go punch eyes.

e: I only do my punching parts with controller. I do all my inventory management with m+kb

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
My referral is PanicAtTheCostco

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'll be shocked if more than 20% of players end up at the bazaar after experiencing what cof has to offer. the later tiers are actually wild.

Barreft posted:

Elon's favorite game is Diablo 4 so it seemed inevitable.

nobody cares what that chud thinks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[raises paw] i do

crz
Aug 19, 2013
My referral code is "cablaze", unfortunately I can't give one back but would appreciate if someone would send me some bees.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

!amicable posted:

I suspect autotargeting is also an option, but I havent gone into the menus at all.

There is. In early access it was pretty hit or miss because it would auto-target the various destroyable debris around the map, which obviously sucks. But the patch notes say they removed that in the release version. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
Prizza for friend code stuff, I dont know what we are doing but... bees

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
I can't say I expected any less of a messy launch because this is how things are these days but at least there's no shortage of things to do while they attempt to make servers work. Like balatro. Lots of balatro.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Referral code: Fallom

get me some bees please

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
they just dropped a performance patch sometime in the last 30 minutes, it might be worth restarting your client for

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

New patch seems to be doing wonders.

Also, my referral code (help a goon out get some beeeeees): Sykt

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Can each person only enter a referral code from a single person?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Gearman posted:

New patch seems to be doing wonders.

Also, my referral code (help a goon out get some beeeeees): Sykt

used yours. Mine is Larrymancam.

ISO: Bees

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Man, a quest said "use the elevator to get to the council chamber" - when I looked it up all the guides talked about the person I rescued creating a portal for me and they hadn't done it.
But thankfully opening the map let me fast travel to the next place.

While I'm enjoying myself this game is still quite janky isn't it?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

yeah this controller support is junk, tried dualsense, dualsense + ds4windows emulating dualshock4 or xbox pad, xbox one controller

none of them allow binding of basic functions like inventory, skills, passives :psyduck:

zoom in and out seem to be hard bound to dpad up and down

I'm going to fix this by using steam input or ds4w to bind buttons and paddles to keyboard keys, this is some dumb and bad poo poo

edit: yeah this is rear end, I tried rebinding dpad up/down via steam input, that works, but then you can't use the dpad to navigate menus :shepface: I'll gently caress with this later, not worth the headache rn

victrix fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 22, 2024

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Man, a quest said "use the elevator to get to the council chamber" - when I looked it up all the guides talked about the person I rescued creating a portal for me and they hadn't done it.
But thankfully opening the map let me fast travel to the next place.

While I'm enjoying myself this game is still quite janky isn't it?

It's day 1 server issues.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
warlock is pretty nutty right from the start

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

fknlo posted:

warlock is pretty nutty right from the start

yeah im leveling one after seeing the bleed warlock, loving love DoT classes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

victrix posted:

yeah this controller support is junk, tried dualsense, dualsense + ds4windows emulating dualshock4 or xbox pad, xbox one controller

none of them allow binding of basic functions like inventory, skills, passives :psyduck:

zoom in and out seem to be hard bound to dpad up and down

I'm going to fix this by using steam input or ds4w to bind buttons and paddles to keyboard keys, this is some dumb and bad poo poo

just use the wheel. seems fine to me

FreonTheCold
Jul 3, 2005

Looking forward to rolling a warlock too.

Referral Code: FreonTheCold

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

bamhand posted:

Can each person only enter a referral code from a single person?

oops yes

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

my referral is queeb

ill grab a random from here to use

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Outside of like 10 minutes of matchmaking issues I had very few problems with the 3.5 hours I played. I’m very happy with the visual and “feel” improvements, and generally think they had a successful launch day all things considered. Hopefully they keep getting it ironed out for the weekend.

Game is super good and I can’t wait to see where they take it in the future.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well this has made leveling iinsane

if it procs on on enemy it just spreads to the whole screen and everything dies

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

My referral is turk1701. Only need two more.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

queeb posted:

I got this! it's just melting groups of enemies

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Loaded this up on my lunch break... #263 in the queue and that number ain't changing. Good thing this was predicted to not be popular. :v:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Servers do seem to be pretty stable now and zone transitions have been fine. So they've stabilized it in less than a day (for the time being).

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I only got to play up to level 8 before errors prevented me from going any further. As far as launches go this is as bad as D3- which until now was the gold standard of disastrous launches.

The fact that the devs were so confident that they were over prepared, only for things to go wrong almost immediately doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence for the future of the game. Given how relatively small the changes were from 0.92 to 1.0, I’m guessing the devs hit a wall and needed a big cash infusion from the launch to continue development. They will definitely have the money, and they will have some time (D4 probably doesn’t get good until expansion 2 at the earliest, and PoE2 is going to take a while to “reconcile” the devs vision with the players expectations). I really hope this doesn’t go the way of Wolcen.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Man I don’t think this makes my top 25 list of most hosed online game launches. Like it could go downhill from here, but if the worst is behind us then it’s been very successful, imo. Like massively moreso than I was expecting.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm calling it for the night after a playing for about an hour because the map transitions are taking like a minute, but otherwise no complaints around getting in or stability. Assuming it gets sorted out relatively quickly, I'm pretty impressed by a launch with this many players where people can at least play.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Closed and now there's a queue. At #5,180 and hasn't moved lol rip

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

TyrantWD posted:

I only got to play up to level 8 before errors prevented me from going any further. As far as launches go this is as bad as D3- which until now was the gold standard of disastrous launches.

10 hours of launch day goofiness when they hit their all time peak by over 120k is an all time disastrous to you? Dumb standards or histrionics, op.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

queeb posted:

I really want one of those to go with my Calamity hat on my warlock. Because that plus Fissure plus Chaos Bolts just sounds hilarious beyond belief.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Barreft posted:

Closed and now there's a queue. At #5,180 and hasn't moved lol rip

Now at #6366 in queue. Off to play some Skies of Arcadia

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Never saw a queue. Strange.

Referal: canyonero

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I had about 2 hours of uninterrupted play besides zone transitions taking 5-10 seconds. I wasn't able to start playing until about 7 Eastern though. Overall this has gone way better than expected.

Sounds like some of you are having login issues now though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So, uh, did they actually make a Diablo-inspired game while simultaneously giving it a control scheme that doesn't allow you to use mouse1 like every other game? Is there some other option to turn mouse1 into move/interact and attack or did this go five years unnoticed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Barreft posted:

Now at #6366 in queue. Off to play some Skies of Arcadia

must be a regional thing? just logged into USW with no queue or problems