Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Zybourne Clock posted:

I will buy the Infowars cat.

And you’ll do the world a great service. Every cat deserves a good home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Even an animal that costs thousands shouldn't be considered as something the bank can seize. But in this case, you'd be freeing it from Alex Jones, so...

Alex was asked to list his assets and he put his cat on that list so he could later make a scene about the bank trying to take his cat.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I hope all his dipshit fans throw thousands of dollars at the auction, hoovering up every single worthless piece of office furniture, shelling out millions to the families they vilified.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigglesSWE posted:

The BEST best part was that AJ sucked up to that dork in front of David Ike who had annoyed AJ by implying that he was a Musk bootlicker who doesn’t hold him accountable. Real Elon or not, Alex proved Ike’s point in a very public way :allears:
Icke's whole argument was that Alex has essentially sold out by sucking up to sympathetic billionaires like Musk rather than sticking to his guns about being a paranoid conspiracist and accused Musk of being a lizard person globalist.

Alex then proceeded to give the floor to a Twitter rando who kind of sounds like Musk on the off-chance it's the real him.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 22, 2024

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Borscht posted:

I hope all his dipshit fans throw thousands of dollars at the auction, hoovering up every single worthless piece of office furniture, shelling out millions to the families they vilified.

It is my solemn vow that i will not intentionally buy out the Infowars desk from under Dan & Jordan, but I am going to make them sweat for it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

What happens to the non-dischargeable judgments following liquidation? Do they get to hold the balance over Jones' head?

That's my understanding but non-dischargeable debts is only an individual debtor thing and I don't know there's ever been such a big non-dischargeable verdict so I don't even really know how that works.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Megabound posted:

Alex was asked to list his assets and he put his cat on that list so he could later make a scene about the bank trying to take his cat.

Literally the Nixon “Checkers speech” maneuver.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

bawk posted:

It is my solemn vow that i will not intentionally buy out the Infowars desk from under Dan & Jordan, but I am going to make them sweat for it.

Three way battle between you, infowars, and Bankston+Ogdin

The Bible
May 8, 2010

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

listening to today's Knowledge Fight, and Alex is drunk as gently caress and clearly depressed and its great

Money does buy happiness and it is funny as gently caress to me that he just outright refuses to buy it and insteads opts to be just constantly miserable.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

He can't buy it now if he does then it just goes to the bankruptcy court

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The Bible posted:

Money does buy happiness and it is funny as gently caress to me that he just outright refuses to buy it and insteads opts to be just constantly miserable.

Getting harder and harder to chase his high of choice: adulation from anti-gov divorced dads by "owning the libs".

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick posted:

Happiness is a warm gun.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

Nah, he's still spending huge amounts of money every month, not even including court-related costs.

The courts will never make him pay those families. They'll drag their feet on this the way they do with all rich white men. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I do believe the families will be paid; I just don't believe it will happen before his inevitable rage-induced heart attack/stroke.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Megabound posted:

I’m worried that Alex would spitefully kill the cat rather than hand it over tbh.

I’m a cat lover and I hate that Alex Jones is tangentially involved with a cat in any way shape or form.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bible posted:

Money can only buy happiness if you let it. If you’re not capable of happiness no amount of money will help.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

The Bible posted:

Money does buy happiness

Money doesn't really buy happiness, but it buys security, which is necessary for happiness. Some rich people decide to be miserable. Notch is our favorite example of it not buying happiness.

In this case, if the court agrees to the liquidation, it's taking away Alex's security. He'll have to start worrying if he can pay the bills to keep what he has, much less buy the things he wants.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m worried that Alex would spitefully kill the cat rather than hand it over tbh.

I’m a cat lover and I hate that Alex Jones is tangentially involved with a cat in any way shape or form.

It isn't ideal no! We have 3 cats at home and are big cat people too. However it is all a stunt to make him the victim however, he won't have to sell the cat (but hopefully it runs away and finds a better home)

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

BigglesSWE posted:

The BEST best part was that AJ sucked up to that dork in front of David Ike who had annoyed AJ by implying that he was a Musk bootlicker who doesn’t hold him accountable. Real Elon or not, Alex proved Ike’s point in a very public way :allears:

Alex seems to me like a sociopath, and a lot of sociopaths get what they want with incredible flattery and charm. The problem with someone like Alex is that he also has an oversized ego, so when he was trying to flatter Icke by saying how right he was, he couldn't bring himself to admit that he could therefore be wrong and should reconsider his support of Musk.

And then this Dittmann character appeared and Alex went whole hog on ignoring Icke, showing that Alex has no loyalty.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

vortmax posted:

Money doesn't really buy happiness, but it buys security, which is necessary for happiness. Some rich people decide to be miserable. Notch is our favorite example of it not buying happiness.

Notch is unhappy because he chose to gently caress over everyone who helped him get rich. He could have used his money to make them rich too.

You don't have to buy happiness, but speaking as someone who grew up dirt poor, it absolutely can buy happiness. Call it security, call it freedom, but not having to worry about retirement, food, housing, education, basic healthcare, etc. immensely boosts your happiness.

I might reword it to say that money doesn't buy happiness, but poverty definitely buys misery. Rich people can be miserable too, but they have the means to at least try and remedy it without destroying themselves financially. Whether they do that or not is up to them, but having the choice is nice.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 22, 2024

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

The Bible posted:

I might reword it to say that money doesn't buy happiness, but poverty definitely buys misery.

This is exactly what I was trying to say but I didn't have the words

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Bible posted:

Notch is unhappy because he chose to gently caress over everyone who helped him get rich. He could have used his money to make them rich too.

You don't have to buy happiness, but speaking as someone who grew up dirt poor, it absolutely can buy happiness. Call it security, call it freedom, but not having to worry about retirement, food, housing, education, basic healthcare, etc. immensely boosts your happiness.

I might reword it to say that money doesn't buy happiness, but poverty definitely buys misery. Rich people can be miserable too, but they have the means to at least try and remedy it without destroying themselves financially. Whether they do that or not is up to them, but having the choice is nice.

Security and a sense of safety 100% buy happiness and money provides both. Absolutely agree (as someone else who grew up super poor).

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Frank Frank posted:

Security and a sense of safety 100% buy happiness and money provides both. Absolutely agree (as someone else who grew up super poor).

Yeah absolutely. I just wanted to point out that it can’t buy Jones happiness because he pinballs between emotional states so drastically and without regard for his actual material situation.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

mojo1701a posted:

Alex seems to me like a sociopath, and a lot of sociopaths get what they want with incredible flattery and charm. The problem with someone like Alex is that he also has an oversized ego, so when he was trying to flatter Icke by saying how right he was, he couldn't bring himself to admit that he could therefore be wrong and should reconsider his support of Musk.

And then this Dittmann character appeared and Alex went whole hog on ignoring Icke, showing that Alex has no loyalty.

Frank Frank posted:

I wish I could pull up the study but I can't recall where it was.

It was basically trying to figure out how much money is required to be "happy." Turns out it was surprisingly little per year. Enough that people could provide nice/comfortable food and shelter and healthcare reliably, with enough left over to pursue interests. That was it. Once that was achieved, there wasn't much difference. So if peak happiness was at $120K per year or something, there wasn't much difference between that and 500K. There was also little to no difference between 500K and 5M and so on.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

I wish I could pull up the study but I can't recall where it was.

It was basically trying to figure out how much money is required to be "happy." Turns out it was surprisingly little per year. Enough that people could provide nice/comfortable food and shelter and healthcare reliably, with enough left over to pursue interests. That was it. Once that was achieved, there wasn't much difference. So if peak happiness was at $120K per year or something, there wasn't much difference between that and 500K. There was also little to no difference between 500K and 5M and so on.

I recall vaguely reading that it eventually becomes an addiction to having money and having the amount increase. No one ever needs 10 million, certainly not several hundred billion. There's nothing someone like Musk can't buy (except obvious poo poo like a dinosaur, I guess), but it isn't about having sufficient money for people like that. It's just about that number getting bigger.

I wonder how much growing up obscenely rich affects a person. Never really needing to work for anything, having your entire life, cradle to grave, paid for in advance. Anything you do work/train for is easier thanks to financial cushioning and parental contacts, and if you fail at it, whatever, you're still set for life. If you hate the job you got into, you can just quit. You don't need it. A failed business or career would be a minor setback to you, not the life-destroying catastrophe it would be for most other people. If one or both of your parents get busted for drugs, the police don't smash down your door and beat the poo poo out of them before roughly shoving them into a police cruiser to later be released in am unsupervised facility where they will be beaten and tortured by both other prisoners and the guards, they go to rehab in some luxurious treatment facility.

It sounds fantastic, but having not lived it, I wonder how it affects a person when you literally cannot want/need for a single thing ever. I know the families can be pretty hosed up, but that's a thing with poor people too, magnified by financial stresses, so I don't feel like it really belongs in the domain of "rich people problems". At the very least, even if your family relationships are all a mess, at least you can afford therapy to help cope with it.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 22, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Does Alex even actually have access to that cat? He said it was his kids' cat and I thought the divorce was extremely acrimonious and he got basically no custody.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Does Alex even actually have access to that cat? He said it was his kids' cat and I thought the divorce was extremely acrimonious and he got basically no custody.

I have no real reason to think this but it just seems to me like Jones wouldn't be a person who would enjoy the company of a cat, or vice-versa.

VVV Huh. VVV

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yes, he shot a video about it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Good ragdoll, bad man.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Jones grabbed that cat to shoot a quick video while he pretended to go to the bathroom during a supervised visitation

I assume

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
He sees some of his kids right? Like his oldest son works at InfoWars with him iirc.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is that an enormous or is Alex jones a lot smaller than I thought he was?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Is that an enormous or is Alex jones a lot smaller than I thought he was?

Its a huge fluffy cat. Ragdolls be like that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Somehow I missed the word “cat” I guess? Huh

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

There's no way AJ can care an iota about that cat, he's clearly a dog person if anything.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just want to say I really appreciate the evergreen thread title. Finally getting a fraction of what he deserves.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

He's still on the air.

He's reaching MORE PEOPLE because of Elon/X.

Wtf

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Scam Likely posted:

He's still on the air.

Wtf

:capitalism:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scam Likely posted:

He's still on the air.

Wtf

Tbf is he really

X numbers are way down from before the buyout, views are a complete nonsense metric, and anyone nowadays who is enough of a chud to watch Alex jones on x is enough of a chud to hear about one of Alex jones’ sites and just go there

Yes it is an easy way for people to get exposed, but x is dying, this is a self-solving aspect of things. Tiny silver lining

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I’d also suspect the new viewers coming in from twitter spaces and such don’t spend like the people who were with him while he was banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Yeah I think the ability for Alex Jones to broadcast some bullshit that ruins people's lives so he can sell boner pills has been severely diminished.