Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Direct joining bypassing the login lottery is baffling and I can only guess it works by making your game bang on the door to get in as soon as there's a spot instead of just checking once every 50 seconds like the login screen does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

Direct joining bypassing the login lottery is baffling and I can only guess it works by making your game bang on the door to get in as soon as there's a spot instead of just checking once every 50 seconds like the login screen does

*BLAM BLAM BLAM* MOBILE INFANTRY, OPEN UP

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
I just hope they add some Red Rising skins at some point.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

rkd_ posted:

I just hope they add some Red Rising skins at some point.

cringe

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

thalweg posted:

If 2 divers do the hug emote close enough they hug each other :kimchi:
If you press E on someone doing an emote, you'll reciprocate in kind. Salute returns salute. Hug initiates a hug. Explosive handshake initiates special handshake.

Totally did explosive handshake at the dropship door at the end of a mission that we crushed.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Did a run tonight vs. bots and found one of those big Eye of Sauron tower things. How do you destroy those? We tried shooting it with EATs and an eagle airstrike to no effect, and no matter how many times we called hellbombs the bombs never arrived. The stratagem ball just rolled around and nothing happened. We weren’t being jammed, all our other stratagems worked fine.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Mzbundifund posted:

Did a run tonight vs. bots and found one of those big Eye of Sauron tower things. How do you destroy those? We tried shooting it with EATs and an eagle airstrike to no effect, and no matter how many times we called hellbombs the bombs never arrived. The stratagem ball just rolled around and nothing happened. We weren’t being jammed, all our other stratagems worked fine.

There should be a new strat you can call down for hell bomb. So call it in, arm it and run gg

VVV Sorry it is late and I definitely didn't read the whole thing my bad. It kind of sounds like it was bugged if no jammers were in play and you could activate the ball but not place it no matter where you put it.

Wang fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 22, 2024

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Wang posted:

There should be a new strat you can call down for hell bomb. So call it in, arm it and run gg

Thanks! Now go read the second half of my post.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Those dastardly bots are sacrificing their own fabricators in order to kill our brave Helldivers:
https://i.imgur.com/fsfrQhP.mp4

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Darktide is there for 40K's "your own faction loving hates you but despite that you beat insane odds every drat time" feel; Helldivers is very much the opposite track of space fascism where your faction bullshits you constantly into thinking you're more valuable than you think despite the actuality being that each individual Helldiver is there primarily to be a spotter for space/aerial bombardments, with actual combat being a neat bonus.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

RandomBlue posted:

no and that's one of the reasons solo is bad

It really does kinda suck.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

Couldn't get into the game. Clicked join on a random goon in the steam group. Into my ship I go. Thanks goon.

One weird trick that works on both platforms.

You have the knowledge, now use it for Democracy y'all and stop waiting in pointless queues.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

toasterwarrior posted:

Darktide is there for 40K's "your own faction loving hates you but despite that you beat insane odds every drat time" feel; Helldivers is very much the opposite track of space fascism where your faction bullshits you constantly into thinking you're more valuable than you think despite the actuality being that each individual Helldiver is there primarily to be a spotter for space/aerial bombardments, with actual combat being a neat bonus.

In Darktide you are basically superman. I know the powerlevels in 40K are wack but even the shittiest zealot or vet would wipe the floor with a helldiver. At some point you're just untouchable.

Helldiver straddles that line that, for all its flaws, SST:E does well too, where you can have a huge impact but you're also so hilariously fragile that you're never really "safe". You're king of poo poo mountain but only until one of them tosses your grenade back in your face or you miss a dive on a single devestator's rockets.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jokes posted:

Breaker loving sucks. Manual reload shotgun is better.

Guys I found the robot infiltrator!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, both Darktide (technically 40k) and Helldivers have their own spins on the whole space fascism angle and they're both very good at what they do (grimacing at this sentence IRL). The irony in Darktide where you're basically press-ganged into a warband and your COs love to reiterate how much they don't trust your convict rear end (despite them betraying this facade at times and being legit impressed at your victories), while in HD each Super Destroyer literally has a magazine of frozen Helldivers ready to fire at warzones whenever their gassed-up golden boy/girl of the hour gets annihilated by an armored bug the size of a semi

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yesterday I was doing solo missions because none of my friends were playing, and I figured I'd try the Guard Dog backpack since I'd just unlocked it. It owns, as people said it did, but taking it meant dropping the Autocannon I've been rolling with since I hit level 10, and good lord. Trying to play solo with "four grenades and a 70 second cooldown EAT launcher" as your only tools for closing bug holes with is a bad time.

I think I need to unlock the grenade launcher or something, because you definitely want someone with on-demand precision explosives.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Guys I found the robot infiltrator!

[ right right down left right down intensifies ]

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

while in HD each Super Destroyer literally has a magazine of frozen Helldivers ready to fire at warzones whenever their gassed-up golden boy/girl of the hour gets annihilated by an armored bug the size of a semi a 380mm HE shell fired from the same ship

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I find bug holes annoying to close with with any man-portable weapon cause when they're down in the pits, they're often shielded from an angle by little rock outcropings, meaning you gotta get head-on to the direction they're facing to be able to shoot/throw straight down them.

Meanwhile Bot Fabricators are much easier to destroy. The angles on the top vent covers are more generous and they're easily destroyed by call-ins, unlike bug holes which are harder to accurately strike with some call-ins due to the terrain and their nature as holes rather than a building.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Protip: Don't drop into a cage

https://i.imgur.com/L2GBF7a.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now now, nearly half the time the 380mm shell was fired from an allied destroyer.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I find bug holes annoying to close with with any man-portable weapon cause when they're down in the pits, they're often shielded from an angle by little rock outcropings, meaning you gotta get head-on to the direction they're facing to be able to shoot/throw straight down them

Definitely. It feels like you need to actually get the explosive down the hole, which can be finicky at the best of times, and made my "only four grenades and two EAT launchers" problems even worse. Trying to close a big bug nest but missed one grenade? Well gently caress you, now you gotta wait for resupply!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I mean
What did you expect

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
My char had a strange bug in the last mission where they kept coughing like they had a chest wound, but their HP was full and I couldn't use a stim. It didn't do damage over time so they spent 20 minutes wheezing and coughing up blood on teammates or on interactive objects. The blood actually lands on stuff and adds decals. Eventually I stumbled into an explosive and a stim cured their Democratic Tuberculosis.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fine! I'm logging off. You're WELCOME

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bloodplay it again posted:

My char had a strange bug in the last mission where they kept coughing like they had a chest wound, but their HP was full and I couldn't use a stim. It didn't do damage over time so they spent 20 minutes wheezing and coughing up blood on teammates or on interactive objects. The blood actually lands on stuff and adds decals. Eventually I stumbled into an explosive and a stim cured their Democratic Tuberculosis.

This just happens sometimes. The other night my character was running around shooting things while screaming "MY ARM!" and "I CAN'T AIM WITH THIS ARM!" while notably aiming with that arm. Thankfully a bug removed it after a few minutes of that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

We fiddled with a bug tonight where, once in a while, for no discernable reason, the host and only the host of the lobby was unable to be rezzed by a reinforcement stratagem. If the host dropped and someone else became the host, they could come back in, and if they died, they could be rezzed, but then whoever was shunted into the host role when they dropped inherited the bug.

Weird poo poo.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Nuebot posted:

This just happens sometimes. The other night my character was running around shooting things while screaming "MY ARM!" and "I CAN'T AIM WITH THIS ARM!" while notably aiming with that arm. Thankfully a bug removed it after a few minutes of that.

Yeah, sometimes you just end up with the effects of a broken body part despite being fully healed. I've had it happen most with my legs, and let me tell you not being allowed to run at all until you manage to take enough damage to be able to stim youself ain't fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Current 40k would just shift the tone from comedy satire to very serious warmen with no other option but to do a fascism. This is better.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

re bug pits, it really is incredible how many holes are still standing after a HE bombardment, three airstrikes, and a 500kg bomb. i usually end up running a lap tossing grenades down their throats while trying to avoid getting my head blown off by the autocannon turret that drew a bead on the bug that crawled out just in front of me

but you can usually get a good angle on two or three with a grenade launcher which does help a bit, at least in the pit setups; the ones nested in those big rock outcrops are much worse to deal with

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

https://x.com/helldivers2/status/1760607367543013466?s=46

yessss

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nuebot posted:

It feels like a waste to bring any of the bombardment strategems imo. They don't, usually, destroy buildings or nail the hive/factory holes or anything and always seem to drop their explosions between the swarms of enemies rather than on top of them.

skill issue

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

R

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i like playing this game in the rear end end of night. everyone thats up rn is a real homie

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Handy guide for AC-lovers on how to easiest take down chargers in 2 shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHZd8dGK0vQ

Railgun is fine and all but there's just somethin about luggin a giant cannon on your shoulder everywhere, and I love the ammo capacity.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

One of my friends swears by the railgun. Another swears it's a piece of poo poo.

The rest of us swear by the Lord Almighty Autocannon and His formidable KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK

We are the ones in the right.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also medium is loving hard wtf. I switched it during some ai killing missions and my goodness what a power jump lol

We barely made it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Also medium is loving hard wtf. I switched it during some ai killing missions and my goodness what a power jump lol

We barely made it.

Keep in mind that one specific defense mission is, still, pretty hard compared to pretty much every other mission type within the same difficulty

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
what is up with high level players who just never use boosters

do they think they're consumables that'll get used up or something

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

LazyMaybe posted:

what is up with high level players who just never use boosters

do they think they're consumables that'll get used up or something

I just keep forgetting mine because it doesn't automatically pop open when I finish picking stratagems :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Whup got my first crash after this patch. Getting bad vibes here