Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Here’s my dumb take on “conventionally attractive” guy:

He’s found someone who, on paper, ticks all the boxes. Smart, funny, etc. But he doesn’t feel ‘the spark’. He doesn’t have romantic attraction towards her, and he doesn’t know why. So he’s using her looks to justify why.

He should break up with her, but he won’t, because again, on paper, she ticks all the boxes. Would be silly to let an otherwise catch go, he thinks. Maybe if he sticks it out he’ll get over this lack of attraction.

Guy should just break up. Yes sometimes you can take longer to fall in love with someone, but if you’ve been together this long and it hasn’t happened, then it’s not happening. Yes you can have good sex with someone you have no romantic attraction to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its also possible he's really dumb and confusing interest in new partners with a lack of interest in the existing one.

But either way, he should break up

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA fir being a racist?

The best part is that pho isn't like some ancient traditional Vietnamese dish from 300 years ago. It is absolutely fusion food of French mixed with Vietnamese, the type of poo poo that foodies like to sneer at for inauthentic.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Anyway, content.

AITA for telling my wife that I completely understand why she was ejected from her Stitch N' Bitch group?

quote:

My [34m] wife [29f] is a SAHW. We recently moved to the area for my job, for which I am grateful to her. She uprooted her life to come here.

In order to make new friends, my wife decided to join a Stitch N' Bitch group. We now live in a big city so it was fairly easy to find one.

The issue though is that my wife is a terrible conversationalist. She will drone on and on about the most horribly boring things (such as workplace drama with people you've never met), will tell the same stories again and again, and will interrupt you to change the subject into something that she wants to talk about. When you try to get a word in, she'll hold her hand up in the "stop" gesture and just repeat, "Let me finish."

She never finishes though. She just rambles on and on. Watching her at parties is incredibly uncomfortable because she'll just waltz into conversations, take over them completely, and I'll have to make an excuse to pull her away for a minute so other people can enjoy each others' company.

Three weeks ago, she joined her weekly Stitch N' Bitch for the first time. She came home incredibly excited about how much fun it was, and I was sincerely happy for her. The next week, she joined the same group again, and came home in similarly high spirits. However, two nights after that, she received a text from one of the members saying that they agreed she didn't really mesh well with the group, and that she would probably enjoy another group more.

My wife has droned on and on about this every night for the last week. She'll always make the same exact points, phrased the same exact way, such as "...And I'm SORRY for wanting to talk about MY things" or "That group was DEAD before I joined it."

I finally had my fill last night and just straight-up told her. I told her we've talked about this at length. I told her that I completely get why they dumped her because listening to her talk nonstop about the most dull topics is frankly exhausting. She kept trying to interrupt me, but when I wouldn't let her, she stormed out and literally shrieked at the top of her lungs in another room.

Naturally she's incredibly angry at me. I just wonder if this was necessary or if I went too far.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Defiance Industries posted:

Do you think that those black and white photos from Ye Olden Times are how the world actually looked? Because wood and flowers and poo poo, those all had colors.

mystes
May 31, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, content.

AITA for telling my wife that I completely understand why she was ejected from her Stitch N' Bitch group?
I was expecting that more comments would be saying the OP is an rear end in a top hat just because of how blunt he was to her, but it's 99% NTA

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

haveblue posted:

Somebody is clearly not familiar with the works of modern poet Jimmy Soul

Nor of the letters of James Joyce and Nora Barnacle

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTo0xE8l3x4

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

How exactly does one have a great sex life with someone to whom one feels no physical attraction?
The consistently best sex of my life was for several years with a friend of mine who I am not particularly attracted to. We just had awesome sexual chemistry. Still better sex than with most other partners who I've been more physically attracted to and emotionally attached with.

This can totally happen, and it's a bummer for this dude, but he also, like, should have slowed things down at some point before jumping into getting married so this is on him.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, content.

Square her off against that dude's wife who was incapable of not talking every single waking moment of the day.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, content.

Im adhd brained as gently caress and I have to keep my own urges to cut in across someone during a conversation in a vice like chokehold. I know I can be guilty of it so there is nothing worse than dealing with the kind of person who has a stranglehold on every conversation, pounces on any microsecond chance to cut in again and then waffles on for another 20 mins when you finally got 30 seconds to talk and then accuses you of interrupting them or not letting them finish. It got to the point with one friend where I was seriously considering recording some of our conversations just to prove to them what they were actually doing before I realised that was insane and just stopped talking to them.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, content.

NTA for the post but YTA for staying married.

My mom does that poo poo and I’ve had to physically drag her away from people she’d literally backed into a corner to ramble to. It’s like an attention starved 6 year old with a captive audience.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for not helping my wife after a ski accident

quote:

We’re on a ski vacation abroad. I was with my 7 yo child skiing whereas my wife was skiing in a different slope in the same resort.

We agreed to meet in a specific place because I cannot call her as she didn’t turn roaming on her phone. I was initially insisting on turning on the roaming in case of emergencies or something important but she refused saying she is “not addicted to a cell phone and can survive without using it”. It already caused us some small trouble when picking up our child from ski lesson a day ago but that’s a separate topic.

Today we couldn’t meet with my wife as she wasn’t where we agreed to meet. My child and myself started to be worried but couldn’t reach her. We waiter over half an hour. I later received a call from her and she immediately started angrily blaming me why we weren’t at place X which is not the place we agreed. I explained we were waiting for her for quite some time in the previously agreed location. She then told me to come to her as soon as possible as she had a bad accident.

I was very worried and asked her what happened and how she is. She refused to answer and said just come fast. I asked again how she is and what happened but she didn’t tell me. So we did go as fast as we can. It was hard as our child cannot ski fast and we had to do 2 slopes to reach that location.

Once we met I asked what happened and she said “I’ll tell you later” . It annoyed me as hell because it’s not the first time that she says something important happened but she can’t tell me what. I asked how she is and what’s wrong and she says “I just need to have some rest”. I got really annoyed and insisted tell me what was the accident and which part of body she hurt. She refused to answer and said she’ll tell me once we go to hotel. I said I don’t like that she’s making me stressed, we are in a hurry but she doesn’t say what’s wrong. She tells me I’m selfish and only care about my curiosity. I lost my cool and said she is toxic and making me and child very worried and then just keeping us in that state and I said her that I’m not going with her to the hotel now as I have something else to do. So she left.

So now we’re not talking. We came to the hotel and she’s resting in bed. I don’t know what she hurt or how she is. She doesn’t tell me. She did tell our child that she hurt her feet when skiing, though.

For more context: this is not the first time such thing happened that’s why I was pissed. So many times it happened that for example she calls me, saying something crazy happened like our child fell really bad and when I ask how she is, she just says I’ll tell you later and hangs up. So I have to sit home 1 hour or whenever she comes completely stressed just to hear her telling me why was I worried, because “kids fall all the time what’s to worry”.

So AITA for being pissed off for her not telling me what was wrong and not helping her go to hotel?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Chewbecca posted:

I've seen a baby averse to touching sand, sitting next to a baby eating sand by the fist full

In short, babies are a land of contrasts

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Grey Cat posted:

Sorry sir but your piss tax is overdue with interest.
holding out jar

evil sheriff rousting the peasants for concealing all their piss from the piss collectors

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Anticheese posted:

Can we please cut down on this hopefully ironic stuff? Some of us are non-binary and/or trans and it's not funny. If we shouldn't be posting anti trans bait, we shouldn't have the call be coming from inside the thread

I took care of it. And that poster is someone that should really know better by now.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Anticheese posted:

Can we please cut down on this hopefully ironic stuff? Some of us are non-binary and/or trans and it's not funny. If we shouldn't be posting anti trans bait, we shouldn't have the call be coming from inside the thread

:hmmyes:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

littleratbastard posted:

Yeah gently caress nonbinary people using non standard pronouns, that’s right!

fae/faer isnt a proper pronoun for nonbinary people OP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We’re done, and we certainly don’t need that either.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

mystes posted:

The one thing that's weird about this is it makes it sound like the husband suddenly went from not being super involved in the kids' lives but otherwise fine to being a complete douchebag virtually overnight, but unsurprisingly if you read the OP's other comments in the thread he has already cheated on her before.
I'm not asgungho against cheating as people in this thread always seem to be.

But gently caress this guy! He is, a bad dad. And a worse person. He cant wait 3 days to get hisfancy vija game sever? He cant be arsed to get out of bed to see his daughters art in a competition?

Boo to himin the strongest of possible terms. Boo I say.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, content.

Don't think that happened honestly.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dongicus posted:

Didn't happen.

Dongicus posted:

Didn't happen.

Dongicus posted:

Doesn't seem like any of this actually happened.

Dongicus posted:

That's what leads me to believe that this whole story is bogus.

Dongicus posted:

Hmm... gonna have to press X for doubt on that one, chief.

Dongicus posted:

Don't think that happened honestly.

Thanks for stopping by I guess.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

thanks Corky

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thanks for stopping by I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

quote:

AITAH for wanting to leave my fiancé?
Advice Needed
Hi everyone, 24M here having issues with my 24F fiancé.

OK. So it's difficult, as this situation is quite unique so I can't fully explain it. But, my fiancé had a huge argument with my parents and its really changed the way I see her.

The back story.. My sister (33F) is/was a drug addict. No matter how much we tried to help her, it got the better of her and she is now paralysed. She has no partner, so my parents moved in with her to a new private rental temporarily and allowed me to stay in our home until they come back (they said it could be as long as 24 months).

Fortunately, my parents are quite wealthy (but not rich), so they said they will pay the rent for me. All I need to pay is for Internet, food, gas/electricity.

They moved out 2 days ago, but left a lot of their stuff at home. They told me that they were going to need to come get their stuff as and when they had time, as its a very stressful situation.

I invited my fiancé to come live with me. She has shouted at them because they hadn't deep cleaned the house top to bottom, and because their belongings are still here. She told me they are taking full advantage of me because of it. I defended my parents, and she threatened to leave me.

I told her tensions were extremely high and to sleep on it. I forgave her but asked her to apologise to my parents. She refused.

Ever since, she has told me I need to buy new carpet for the whole house, I need to repaint the whole house, I need to get them to pay for all bills or she will leave because she won't be able to stay with me because I'm a push over.

I'm not happy that she's refusing to apologise to my parents, I'm not happy that she's forcing me to spend lots of money on a house that's not mine, and I'm not happy that she's mentally abusing me every day.

But I don't want to leave.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Girlfriend is insane, it's literally not OP's house.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Girlfriend is insane, it's literally not OP's house.

Sounds like someone who doesnt love me enough to murder their parents to speed up inheritance

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for suggesting to a dad that his son play with kids his own age?

quote:

My son Josh is 12 and the neighbor boy Colton is 10. We've lived next door for four years. Josh is obviously hitting puberty and pushing boundaries and his friendship with Colton is changing where he treats him more like a little brother than an equal friend. I can tell Colton is starting to resent it.

They've had a falling out today where one of Josh's middle school friends asked Colton why he still wears cartoon underwear and Colton asked why he was stupid. Josh told his friend to leave Colton alone because he was stilling elementary school (Colton is a 4th grader and Josh is a 6th grader). That hurt Colton's feelings and stormed out.

His dad asked what happened and I told him what I knew. He said he didn't like his son coming home crying. I said I wouldn't either but maybe it's time for your son to play with kids in his grade. He then accused me of saying Josh was more "sophisticated" than Colton. I said there is very little that's sophisticated about a 12yo boy but of it's causing issues than it shouldn't be surprising.

Later I found out that Josh texted Colton to say he was sorry his friend upset him and still wants to be friends. However, he's tired of it. I am concerned because my son is having a sleepover on Friday with Colton and two middle school friends. I want my night to be drama free. I'm a single dad and want to space out and eat Oreos and not to deal with crying 10yo boys

quote:

Are you really stupid enough to think you can have a calm night during a sleepover of preteens? Not only are you the rear end in a top hat, you're also just kind of a major idiot

OP posted:

Throw them a pizza or two, some Minute Maid and video games and it should be fine

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mr Teatime posted:

Im adhd brained as gently caress and I have to keep my own urges to cut in across someone during a conversation in a vice like chokehold. I know I can be guilty of it so there is nothing worse than dealing with the kind of person who has a stranglehold on every conversation, pounces on any microsecond chance to cut in again and then waffles on for another 20 mins when you finally got 30 seconds to talk and then accuses you of interrupting them or not letting them finish. It got to the point with one friend where I was seriously considering recording some of our conversations just to prove to them what they were actually doing before I realised that was insane and just stopped talking to them.

this is my dad unfortunately

he will literally, no exaggerration, talk for over an hour on the phone while only pausing for long enough for you to say "mm hmm" occasionally and seriously will not stop until my mom interrupts him because they have to go do something. everything he says reminds him of a different 10 minute story he has to tell you right then that you've heard 100 times before

i'll just be waiting for any pause longer than like a second, second and a half that I can jump in and it just never comes

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 22, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Stefan Prodan posted:

he will literally, no exaggerration, talk for over an hour on the phone while only pausing for long enough for you to say "mm hmm" occasionally and seriously will not stop until my mom interrupts him because they have to go do something. everything he says reminds him of a different 10 minute story he has to tell you right then that you've heard 100 times before

i'll just be waiting for any pause longer than like a second, second and a half that I can jump in and it just never comes

Take the Hank Venture approach and just leave him on the phone with a vaguely interactive tape recording for hours.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ApplesandOranges posted:

this dipshit OP posted:

Boys are different

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

did he used to tie an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

AceClown posted:

did he used to tie an onion to his belt, which was the style at the time?

It'll happen to yoooooouuuuu!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ApplesandOranges posted:

People are pointing out that making fun of the younger friend is bullying, and OP disagreed along with others. Jackasses. No wonder bullies get away with their poo poo all the time. At least these enablers are being downvoted, I guess.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my wife she has a creepy and perverted hobby?

quote:

Using a throwaway account just to be safe.

I (29 m) have been with my wife (31 f) for 7 years now (married for 5). When we first met, I was smitten by her. She's cool, sexy, strong, and smart. She's my dream girl.

She's successful in her field and holds a high position in the company she works in, commanding respect.

A year after we got married, the pandemic happened and she fell into depression. During this time, she got into anime. Which is fine. It makes her happy and we used to watch together too. But then she became obsessed with an anime character and she got too deep into fandom culture. Soon, the cool sexy girl I fell in love with became this nerdy girl who is obsessed with an anime character.

I joked that she was too old to be doing that, but she said that most of her online friends are her age and everything she does is anonymous. She has filled our house with figures of this anime character, and I have caught her reading and writing lewd fanfiction. I reminded her to be careful because if this got out, it would ruin her reputation. She said okay, but continued reading and writing fanfiction.

I've also caught her paying artists to draw nsfw art of this character for her fanfiction, and maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat because I read their messages without her consent, but I did not confront her about it for a month.

A few days ago, we got into an argument about money. She's the one working and taking care of our finances while I stay home to take care of our child. I had bought a videogame for myself and she said I should have told her. This is where I might be the rear end in a top hat, I was defensive and yelled at her that she spends her money paying for something perverted (NSFW art) and that she should be ashamed of herself as she is a mother and a working professional, while I who stay at home all day to take care of our house, our baby, and our cats, just want to play something to relax. I told her she had a creepy hobby.

AITA?

reddit was on the fence, OP posted a comment that was immediately downvoted

quote:

I forgot to mention that the anime character is canonically a minor. her defense is that they age him up.

The character is kirishima from my hero academia.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Weird obsession and life consuming hobby asside, I didn't realize I'm getting too old to write and draw smut.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

"Lewd" is such a tell. Nobody uses it except to complain about their boner of shame

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mx. posted:

really? him?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kinda lol post/avatar combo after a quick google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my wife she has a creepy and perverted hobby?

Pleased to say I have no idea who or what that is