Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSh2HswKn5Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

alpaca diseases posted:

Is there any reason why The Independent couldn’t/shouldn’t give the middle finger to the demand for a retraction and dare her to take them to court so they can seek discovery on all that?

Especially since she’s probably using official channels now too

None of the papers are gonna pull articles. She is an idiot and a jumped up kiwi farms troll and i won’t be shocked if she does some real stupid poo poo because she thinks she is untouchable and she isn’t.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Shageletic posted:

It sure makes it hard for me to vote for him!

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Philthy posted:

He also directed them to put marijuana on low priority. You can buy thca* nationwide right now with no one giving any fucks except for the states that have specifically banned it. Businesses are mailing it through the USPO without consequences. You can buy it at your local supermarkets, gas stations, and smoke shops.

*2018 Farm Bill legalized selling cannabis under 0.3% thc. 0.3% thca strains translate to 15-30% thc when smoked. However, this technically goes against the farm bills wording if you dig deep enough. But the DEA and everyone else doesn't care. They've been told to focus on fentanyl and ignore weeeeeed.

Delta 9 is wild in that it's sold in CBD shops here and actually gets you pretty decently buzzed if you're a lightweight like me. If I lived in a state without legalized recreational, it would be a decent substitute for the real thing.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
I don't think the people who've come into the thread (so far) to opine on why they aren't voting for Biden are genuine.

That said, some goons made good points about why people might feel disenfranchised but should vote for Biden anyway.

But one thing I didn't see mentioned yet is even if the Dems win, it's hard to push for change when the winning margin is really thin. If that happens, they'll stay dead center and try not to rock the boat.

It's only if they have comfortable margins that they can take bold progressive positions and not be afraid of losing a few voters for a cycle or two. (When those lost voters either forget they issue or realize the changes didn't make the econo imomy collapse or crime skyrocket they come back.)

I think the road to progress is not just 'vote dem', it's vote dems in with undeniable margins, to allow the progressive factions to start to speak up again.

I do understand some people may find that hard to swallow - there are brutal things going on in the world that are being ignored at best and actively assisted at worst, and this hasn't changed significantly in decades with either of the parties - but I don't see any other winning strategy.

e: I won't blame anyone for hating me for talking about "long-term winning strategies" while their families are being killed. I would too. But people making a trolling game of it can get hosed.

crusty fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 22, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

None of the papers are gonna pull articles. She is an idiot and a jumped up kiwi farms troll and i won’t be shocked if she does some real stupid poo poo because she thinks she is untouchable and she isn’t.

I know the answer is "stupid loving Republican poo poo", but how the hell is it legal or accepted that some millenial failed real estate agent/ turned terrorist in loving NYC is making decisions for school boards in Oklahoma?

Like don't you actually have to live in the state to be appointed/ given a state job? Fell like that's a given.

Does she do all her work remotely or something? What qualifications does a Tiktok Kiwifarms troll have for education policy?

Holy gently caress Oklahoma government even bigger joke than I thought.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

I know the answer is "stupid loving Republican poo poo", but how the hell is it legal or accepted that some millenial failed real estate agent/ turned terrorist in loving NYC is making decisions for school boards in Oklahoma?

Like don't you actually have to live in the state to be appointed/ given a state job? Fell like that's a given.

Does she do all her work remotely or something? What qualifications does a Tiktok Kiwifarms troll have for education policy?

Holy gently caress Oklahoma government even bigger joke than I thought.

It’s probably not fully legal. If she writes anything disparaging about the murdered kid or it comes out in some discovery, then her rear end is gone, least from job. I know her weird kiwi farms psycho bully type, she is gonna attack them publicly and also have actual official emails doing so too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh my god

Republicans said that was cocaine

(Very) Brown sugar

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Happy 9/12

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1760466868584804752

Someone brought this up earlier but it took a minute to sit with me, the charitable explanation is he is a lying idiot, which is likely. Alternatively he explained we possess nuclear weapons with the power that no one has ever conceived of actually being in our current capacity or more likely (Although less likely than he is a loving idiot), he described the capabilities of our MIRV.

Any of the three options is super, super hosed up.

It would be very funny if this is because somehow he remembered someone telling him about that time we nuked South Carolina.

It would be even funnier if somehow he remembered the other time South Carolina almost got nuked.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

*honk honk*

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Is this sustainable? :thunk:
https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status/1760524827302023281?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Are those supposed to be ballot boxes?

Or, like ... banker's boxes full of classified documents? :confused:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Non-Americans excepted (I don't blame any non-American for not fully understanding our confusing political system), I've realized that there's good percentage of folks who comment about politics online who don't understand how the US government works. I suspect this is an intentional side effect of 35+ years of dedicated propaganda.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

redshirt posted:

Non-Americans excepted (I don't blame any non-American for not fully understanding our confusing political system), I've realized that there's good percentage of folks who comment about politics online who don't understand how the US government works. I suspect this is an intentional side effect of 35+ years of dedicated propaganda.

As a non-American I feel I understand the US political system better than the majority of Americans

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

redshirt posted:

I know that the President has big "Economy" and "Gas Price" levers on his desk, but is there more to it than that?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

redshirt posted:

It doesn't work and your right wing dumbshits still won't pull their finger out against your fascist death cult theocracy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anders posted:

As a non-American I feel I understand the US political system better than the majority of Americans

You're probably correct.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

redshirt posted:

Sure I do. A small, singing bill explains to a child about how there's like senators, but also the house who are like super-senators and the president who is some kind of god-king.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I think the boxes are just bee hives.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Anders posted:

Same. I'm Irish but spend a lot of time in the States, chopping it up about politics with intelligent people, but many of them are not on top of their own politics.

One example, I remember talking about the 100-mile zone around the border, where 200M+ Americans live, and how the 4th Amendment is not fully applied there (constitutionally dubious)

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/border-zone

None of the people I was talking to had a clue what I was talking about it even though it applied to all of them, and there were some people there who have run for local office or are activists

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Anders posted:

I feel the same way. Domestic politics in europe are generally not that interesting to follow. On the other hand, news articles about US politics often sound so crazy that they have great entertainment value.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Stoatbringer posted:

I know that the President has big "Economy" and "Gas Price" levers on his desk, but is there more to it than that?

You're thinking of the "rape" and "financial crimes" levers

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Data Graham posted:

Are those supposed to be ballot boxes?

Or, like ... banker's boxes full of classified documents? :confused:

Are they next to a shitter in a moldy tacky bathroom?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1760474199301165178?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Disco Pope posted:

Sure I do. A small, singing bill explains to a child about how there's like senators, but also the house who are like super-senators and the president who is some kind of god-king.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Anders posted:

Understandable, because you made the effort to learn about it. A lot of Americans don't even bother. I get people who just want to stay checked out but gently caress the people who want to have strong opinions about something they know nothing about.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i mean thats what you get when your leadership are a bunch of true believer nuts, they think god will swoop down and win it for them.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Way to ruin the coke orgy, Mike.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean thats what you get when your leadership are a bunch of true believer nuts, they think god will swoop down and win it for them.

I think there was some guy in the Reagan administration who basically said "We don't need to worry about looking after the environment, Jesus will return soon and fix everything."

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Failed Imagineer posted:

Same. I'm Irish but spend a lot of time in the States, chopping it up about politics with intelligent people, but many of them are not on top of their own politics.

One example, I remember talking about the 100-mile zone around the border, where 200M+ Americans live, and how the 4th Amendment is not fully applied there (constitutionally dubious)

None of the people I was talking to had a clue what I was talking about it even though it applied to all of them, and there were some people there who have run for local office or are activists

I've never been further west than Inchnadamph. But yeah, I think Europeans who care about politics knows just as much about US politics as domestic because what US does will have a larger impact on our lives than what happens locally. Trump wins and who knows if we get invaded by Russia in three years

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It brings me joy knowing that a bunch of opportunistic grifters had to sit through a tedious weekend where True Believer Johnson lectured them on the Coming Kingdom.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BigglesSWE posted:

It brings me joy knowing that a bunch of opportunistic grifters had to sit through a tedious weekend where True Believer Johnson lectured them on the Coming Kingdom.

It would be nice if they hated it MORE than the rest of us, wouldn’t it?

Let them fight!

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

ascii genitals posted:

Lol you can buy 95+% pure thca diamonds through the mail now and wuffles is like "I just want to make sure no one gives Biden too much credit for the good things"

The original question was why isn’t Biden getting credit for the things he’s done (specifically the student debt relief). And I’m telling you why. Don’t have to take my word for it, you can just look at his polling numbers.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

crusty posted:

I don't think the people who've come into the thread (so far) to opine on why they aren't voting for Biden are genuine.

What makes you think this?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Been that way since 1953, it's legimacy coming from a DoJ memo of all things.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1760543619885486447

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Is he wearing rouge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Everyone boo the posters that talk about biden in the trump lol thread