Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Current trending threads on the Cybertruck owners forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Expired insurance or registration (or tech inspection validity) is kind of random if you get pulled over for another reason or a "random check" but most people could probably go years without anyone looking into that.

It's still very illegal and can get you in serious trouble if caught. Driving without plates might have some exception for new dealership cars but is otherwise a big no-no and if a bunch of Cybershits show up without plates, they'll stand out like a sore thumb and will get pulled over immediately.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Why wouldn't he stop after the first dent? Did he think dents were cool?

Cyber truck owners have more money than sense

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In my province they stopped bothering with having sticker expiry tags on your plate, it was dumb anyway. Some people still have plates with stickers 2 years out of date at this point :haw:

They do still have the EV sticker for using HOV which is very dumb (and was supposed to only go for 5 years, 10 years ago). Other more modern provinces have special plates for ZEVs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

plate stickers are dumb when every state, county and city has plate scanners and knows full well whether or not the vehicle is registered. there's a lot of bureaucracy and taxpayer expense that goes into putting little stickers on your plate

same goes for personal tax returns though

and cops who whine about how dangerous it is to give out fines when we could just be sending people a bill in the mail

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Man, going onto Twitter is awful. Looking at any posts feels like what that guy said in Ready Player One: "People can have 80% of their vision filled with ads before seizing." It's not even ads it's bots posting spam to get attention, much like Elmo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm turning you all in for that sweet reward money

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

When I was broke in grad school, I didn’t pay for the inspections or sticker for my car for like three years. This was an Oklahoma where the inspection was literally just do your brakes work, and they didn’t seem to care about anything else. I did all my own maintenance on the car and the brakes etc. to save money as it was. The cost of the ticket I would get was less than a 10th of the cost of the registration and inspection annually so for me the math was pretty straightforward on that one.

I ended up getting three tickets in three years. Meanwhile, the African-American student in my program who had a sticker one month prior to expiration had gotten pulled over multiple times that month as a “warning “to make sure that he got his done on time along with a side of would you mind if we looked around the vehicle, sir?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1760516729783148583

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ahh, meme number 2, good choice sir

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol I'd like just an average amount of Truth Seeking, TIA.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

jeezus, that vid with the truck getting shot the tate taint sniffer guy talks in such an aggravating way. He keeps indicating the car is his but doesnt know how to open the door and has to have his friend/toady tell him, you cant tell if hes joking or actually pissed at the shooter boy either lol.

Also the shooting looks like a huge ricochet danger, you see some dust puffing the ground infront of the truck after a couple of the shots.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

I'll take maximum woke, and he can keep truth-seeking racist over on twitter

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do you think he actually knows that his AI project is just somebody else’s with a sticker on it?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Treating AI like a loving oracle is dumb as poo poo and certainly won't lead to terrible consequences very soon.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Do you think he actually knows that his AI project is just somebody else’s with a sticker on it?

So like every other one of "his" "ideas"?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
We can only hope those consequences happen next quarter when it's someone else's problem

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

It's doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. it doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It's not a sentient electronic brain doing it's best to give you objective truth. It doesn't. loving. Work. That. Way.

Aaaauuugggghhh. I don't know why, but the way techbros all misrepresent or misunderstand this bugs the everliving hell out of me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s not just them.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It's doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. it doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way. It's not a sentient electronic brain doing it's best to give you objective truth. It doesn't. loving. Work. That. Way.

Aaaauuugggghhh. I don't know why, but the way techbros all misrepresent or misunderstand this bugs the everliving hell out of me.
LOL he's not upset about the text part, chuds are furious that the new Google Gemini image generator would not generate enough pictures of white people (and it was silly enough that even Google shut it down to work on it).

Normally though you'd be right and he'd be upset that ChatGPT won't say the n-word

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“Enough pictures of white people”

Lol

Literally adding in white people quotas

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It's so loving stupid. even Chud-adjacent John Carmack jumped in

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1760360183945965853

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

IBroughttheFunk posted:

they're just trying to get rich while scamming investors into giving them insane venture capital. so they act like cultists.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I would like AI to tell me what to invest my money in so I can be rich as hell, I don't give a poo poo about knowing any truths lol

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

holtemon posted:

I would like AI to tell me what to invest my money in so I can be rich as hell, I don't give a poo poo about knowing any truths lol

You just reminded me of all the different people last year who got really into trying to use ChatGPT to predict the stock market when it still had an information cutoff of like, fall 2022.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This magic 8 ball is broken because it's not full of white people.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Less Fat Luke posted:

LOL he's not upset about the text part, chuds are furious that the new Google Gemini image generator would not generate enough pictures of white people (and it was silly enough that even Google shut it down to work on it).

Normally though you'd be right and he'd be upset that ChatGPT won't say the n-word

One example I saw was some shmuck asking for "A native ethnic Swedish woman" and acting surprised that the AI spat out some women who weren't blonde hair and blue eyed because it twigged to "native" and "ethnic" as triggers for POCs because people almost never use those terms for white people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are native Swedes who are black tho.
Not even getting into the issue of Sami

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Working hard Linda?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s hilarious tho they have to program the bots to not offend white supremacists

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

does it mean scraping Conservapedia and Truth Social?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kazil posted:

Working hard Linda?

her and musk deserve each other, in hell, being cringy for loving ever.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

euphronius posted:

There are native Swedes who are black tho.
Not even getting into the issue of Sami

Lol, I ran the prompt myself in Gemini and it gave me

gemini posted:

It's important to understand that the concept of "native ethnic Swedish woman" can be complex and nuanced. Sweden is a diverse country with a long history of immigration, and there is no single definition of what it means to be ethnically Swedish.

Instead of focusing on ethnicity, I can share a picture of a woman from Sweden.
Image of Woman from SwedenOpens in a new window
en.wikipedia.org

This image depicts a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes, which are often associated with Swedish people. However, it's important to remember that these physical characteristics are not exclusive to Sweden, and there is a wide range of diversity in the country's population.

And it gave me this pic: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Sweden#/media/File%3AMidsommarkransar.jpg

So at least even if they turned off the image generation, it's still given ng them lectures on why their attempt at gotcha prompts are dumb

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Lol, I ran the prompt myself in Gemini and it gave me

And it gave me this pic: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Sweden#/media/File%3AMidsommarkransar.jpg

So at least even if they turned off the image generation, it's still given ng them lectures on why their attempt at gotcha prompts are dumb

There's no citation to say those women are Swedish, or from Sweden. We can possibly assume they were in Sweden at the time of the photography.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Grok?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This man is incapable of not liking something or someone without being publicly derogatory about it

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

shyduck posted:

This man is incapable of not liking something or someone without being publicly derogatory about it

Running an LLM scam means denigrating the competition so you can get the maximum amount of users on your platform before you start walling in the garden. Much like basically everything Elon has ever done.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bogus Adventure posted:

Bruh, you didn't show the funniest part

Thanks I had finally forgotten about this

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i hate those woke racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

i hate those woke racists

It's funny how all those woke racists all seem to have actual working systems which are better than what Elon is promising he will make