Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol too much poo poo happening to people in my orbit.

Buddy broke his arm at volleyball last night. A mutual friend took him to the ED and was texting me updates. All she could tell me was “he broke his forearm.”

When they finally got the xray she said “the bone on his thumb side is in three pieces, and on the pinky side is in two.” Also a spiral fracture apparently. He broke the poo poo out of it.

He’s going in to surgery at 9am. I’m gonna swing by to see him and guess who loves chalupas!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Buddy broke his arm at volleyball last night. A mutual friend took him to the ED and was texting me updates. All she could tell me was “he broke his forearm.”

When they finally got the xray she said “the bone on his thumb side is in three pieces, and on the pinky side is in two.” Also a spiral fracture apparently. He broke the poo poo out of it.

He’s going in to surgery at 9am. I’m gonna swing by to see him and guess who loves chalupas!?

lol Jesus Christ was the ball made out of tungsten? Did he fall from space? Wtf

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

lol Jesus Christ was the ball made out of tungsten? Did he fall from space? Wtf

FOOSH onto sand, I imagine.

Young guy too; early thirties.

Like that one minor league pitcher who snapped his humerus in two on a pitch. Had the whole ED coming to look at him because no one had ever heard of it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I had a dream last night that I was stuck in a labyrinthine abandoned mall that was populated by tribes of aggressive lemurs and apes. They'd trapped a bunch of places on the floor but had marked out the correct paths by placing long rows of candies. There was nothing to survive on but old junk food. It was pretty tense.

Finally I managed to find my way outside into the parking lot and I was just beginning to celebrate when some guy on a bike with a flashing red light on his head began charging at me and making siren noises. He missed, crashed into a wall and then immediately turned into a shopping cart. I did not give a poo poo at that point as I was just happy to be out of the mall but when I tried to set foot out of the lot, day immediately turned to night because it turned out I was in the fake outside.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

FOOSH onto sand, I imagine.

Young guy too; early thirties.

Like that one minor league pitcher who snapped his humerus in two on a pitch. Had the whole ED coming to look at him because no one had ever heard of it.

That’s wild.

Not sure which one you’re talking about, but that happened with a Giants pitcher in the early 90s and he had bone cancer. Hope your bro’s bones are ok :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

*looks suspiciously at Fiz as the reason why

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

*looks suspiciously at Fiz as the reason why

Built his retaining wall on an Indian graveyard?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

When you think about it, all of America is an Indian graveyard.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kiimo posted:

um did people see this

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1760434539178971248

high bid on his boxers is only 3 dollars get in on the ground floor

if i didn't have to pick up any winnings in Houston i would buy so much dumb poo poo
$200 for an espy? can't afford not to

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

I mean all of WNC is Cherokee land so probably.

I have tons of patient in the Indian health services the earth gods should let me slide.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

company meeting is talking about using generative ai

I want to die.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

company meeting is talking about using generative ai

I want to die.

I managed to avoid all the vendor presentations, but they've found my area and I'm now back to be involved in planning our Generative AI strategy for the foreseeable future.

I.. don't see much use currently that anyone in critical infrastructure would trust implementing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I work in medical software. This suit is acting like we can use it to write patient summaries.

No you loving can't.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/sistinechaebol/status/1760501350998085714

:stonk:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Why's that so icy.... oh no

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

I work in medical software. This suit is acting like we can use it to write patient summaries.

No you loving can't.

Just show them how ChatGPT is currently acting.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Everyone talking about dry aging, when wet aging is where it's at.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Just show them how ChatGPT is currently acting.

They've mercifully moved on to talking about how great our service division is doing and showing how much revenue has increased

Coincidentally, we're paying so much for cloud services, our expenses have increased by just as much.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

They've mercifully moved on to talking about how great our service division is doing and showing how much revenue has increased

Coincidentally, we're paying so much for cloud services, our expenses have increased by just as much.

Part of my job is helping our developers light less money on fire in their usage of AWS and I am always very busy. Like come on guys some services basically have a “pay less money” check box and they don’t loving check it!!!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

No you loving can't.

there are... a lot of startups working to do this. we've had a few hackathon projects working to get a good health history/visit prep for our clinicians to use before a telehealth consult. we're really looking for ways to help efficiency that won't impact care quality or hallucinate any kind of health or screening result data.

Docjowles posted:

Part of my job is helping our developers light less money on fire in their usage of AWS and I am always very busy. Like come on guys some services basically have a “pay less money” check box and they don’t loving check it!!!

AWS costs can bloat so quickly and are also so easy to reign in. We've shaved at least a million off our spend in the past year. i've also had to get much better at vendor renewal and negotations to get savings.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 22, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/bread_posting/status/1760203481300996387

you've gotta be loving kidding me

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i mean if you think about it, this is the attitude that got us to strap men to a pile of explosives to go the moon.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I can’t click that

I won’t click that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That absolutely deserves an :nms: tag as well as whatever the smiley for "don't click this if you don't want to feel significantly dumber" is.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Well this brought back some work memories.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Some nasty rear end images on this page.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Well this brought back some work memories.

Some forum memories as well. Some dude tried curing some meat and was asking if it was safe to eat even though it literally looked like a rotting foot or something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

Some forum memories as well. Some dude tried curing some meat and was asking if it was safe to eat even though it literally looked like a rotting foot or something.

oh my god I remember that, I wonder if he's still alive

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Me: I should start following the TFF chat thread this offseason

TFF chat thread: moldy rear end meat and cooking with yeast infections

:yikes:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Me: I should start following the TFF chat thread this offseason

TFF chat thread: moldy rear end meat and cooking with yeast infections

:yikes:

Usually it's just TMI medical stuff, animal pics, and recipes.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Of all the times for Twitter embeds to NOT be broken

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Showed it to my wife and she said it’s a satire TikTok luckily

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
There’s no way that any appreciable amount of yeast would survive baking

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tiktok is the worst thing

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Need some palate cleansing animal pics, stat!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

No you loving can't.

My company literally bought a software license to do this in HPIs.

It’s like 300/month and you keep your phone open during the interview and it creates the HPI based on the conversation. This is because so many of the providers can’t get their notes written on time.

I have straight up refused to use this and told them it’s a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. I cannot believe how some company who presumably had risk mitigation approved this poo poo. The note are loving garbage. And you don’t even have to include disclaimers that it was written with some “ai” software. Even with dragon you have to put “dictated with dragon etc etc”

Also I a.) always get my notes in on time and b.) they refused to reimburse me for my dragon license that i paid for out of pocket. They’ve stopped trying to get time to use the ai poo poo because I bring up that little tidbit every time.

God I hate this loving job. You know things are bad when I want to go back to an HCA hospital.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sharrow on her favorite cat perch, the case of cardboard boxes we purchased for a friend moving.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Need some palate cleansing animal pics, stat!!!

https://imgur.com/a/e2C0ofT

Someone repost that please I’m on mobile

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

https://imgur.com/a/e2C0ofT

Someone repost that please I’m on mobile

Got you:

If you click the image from your link on mobile, you can get the actual image address for posting. (At least in the imgur app that is.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Just posting to get to the next page