Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Numbus26 posted:

I have absolutely zero XP tickets after using my free Railway 40, so I have to go into the event with a scuffed level lineup of 34/30/40/39/35/40. I sincerely hope things don't get too hard.
I used the 40 on BHK Meursault and then did some luxcavation (and focusing on buying XP tickets first) to get BL Faust to 36, finish bumping BL Outis to 40, and I've got Kurokumo Hong Lu and Rodya sitting at 35. I finished 10 out of the 12 stages with no problem, but after that you might want to take some time to get people up further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I jumped the gun and converted my enkephalin to modules before checking for story content, as I usually do. I think I'll just wait for tomorrow before I continue.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

PetraCore posted:

I used the 40 on BHK Meursault and then did some luxcavation (and focusing on buying XP tickets first) to get BL Faust to 36, finish bumping BL Outis to 40, and I've got Kurokumo Hong Lu and Rodya sitting at 35. I finished 10 out of the 12 stages with no problem, but after that you might want to take some time to get people up further.

The solo boss fight before the dungeon really needs identities at level 35 or above.

Edit: Also, I think we've got our first solid hint what's up with Dante's past The LCD called them "Detective" and Dante's abilities are centered around Distortions, EGO, Abnormalities and such. Dante might be Moses. Oh the LCD member is Ezra, Dante is probably Moses the titular "Distortion Detective".

Nevermind, Moses is working with Ezra as the leader of the LCD. But Dante is still related to their story somehow.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 22, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Dante's freakout upon hearing the word "Sin" sounds an awful lot like they're quoting Carmen.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Oh wow for the fiinal boss before the dungeon don't brink a sinking team or paralyze them.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Having completed the chapter with a Blade Lineage team, I can say for certain that without Lucky Pouch, you're definitely better off ditching Outis and Sinclair for Captain Ish and Cinqlair. Hell, even with Lucky Pouch you'll be better off with Cinqlair. Kim handing out a bit more Poise and an extra 1 power with his S1 and S2 is not worth those albatrosses around your team's neck.

The team desperately wants to hit that 3-res Pride combo every single turn for the Homeland and Don buffs, and Outis and Sinclair just gently caress that up by only having Pride on their S3s - though Outis at least has a Pride Evade at UT4 so she can at least make up for it by doing literally nothing for a turn. They're also piss weak compared to Don, Yi Sang and Faust.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
No I will be using a themed team because I find it fun :P

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I was very happy to see this event boss in MDH, because he dies in one turn to being set on loving fire. :woop:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I was very happy to see this event boss in MDH, because he dies in one turn to being set on loving fire. :woop:
It's a tragic combination of a low health pool and being slow to rev up to his actually dangerous gimmicks that makes the poor thing a pushover. He's actually really scary once he gets going - two bigass counters per round and a massive unredirectable super directed at the character with the lowest HP which gives him a big buff on kill - but it takes like, what...three-four turns to happen? Most teams will have staggered and killed him by then. If he was in that state from turn 1 - or even turn 2 - he'd be a lot harder.

As-is, he's a free win.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Event story done, and did a MD3H run with the full Blade Lineage crew.

First impressions, this team is nuts. Meursault and Don provide a truly silly amount of poise count between them, making it trivially easy to rev up Yi Sang and Sinclair. Outis can (and probably should) be subbed out for a better poise unit, but as is, the team's really fun and effective. No regrets getting them all to UT4 and 40.

Seconding the comments on the event boss though. In all three of my fights with him, he's gone down before he did any meaningful mechanics. Definitely going to be my go-to so long as he's in MD3.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Happily, between all the identities (Pequod Heathcliff, Captain Ishmael and Magic Bullet Outis, etc) there are a few standout choices for that slot.
...Come to think of it, could probably do something funny with just Captain Ishmael and Blade Lineage Mersault. gonna have to try that later

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://steamdb.info/app/1973530/charts/#all

We reached a new peak usercount today. 35,567 on Steam alone. Bamboo-Hatted Kim is strong.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Having completed the chapter with a Blade Lineage team, I can say for certain that without Lucky Pouch, you're definitely better off ditching Outis and Sinclair for Captain Ish and Cinqlair. Hell, even with Lucky Pouch you'll be better off with Cinqlair. Kim handing out a bit more Poise and an extra 1 power with his S1 and S2 is not worth those albatrosses around your team's neck.

The team desperately wants to hit that 3-res Pride combo every single turn for the Homeland and Don buffs, and Outis and Sinclair just gently caress that up by only having Pride on their S3s - though Outis at least has a Pride Evade at UT4 so she can at least make up for it by doing literally nothing for a turn. They're also piss weak compared to Don, Yi Sang and Faust.

Plus the team could use some more damage variety, Don and Faust have a Pierce move but that's about it

e: also oh boy we're back to grinding a dungeon for event rewards again. i thought this lesson was already learned

e2: going through md and lucky pouch bl faust is terrifying

casual 356 damage crit

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 22, 2024

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

PetraCore posted:

Playing through the new event, just hit Caiman, and now I'm wondering if Dias is a funder of Limbus Company. Or even a primary player there. Endless stacks of money, extremely ambitious, interested in studying Distortions...

once again:

is outis dias?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

apparently we've been getting the absolute bottom-barrel dregs of the kuro lineup because as enemies they're actually fairly effective

especially that midboss, where's the ID for that guy PM. is gregor supposed to be him because someone should probably tell gregor's coins that

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

kurokumo greg would greatly prefer someone else did the actual clashing, while they slap on the one-sided offense downs/plus coin drops.
would probably get along with base faust and N-Corp heathcliff as fellow next-turn-debuffers.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

apparently we've been getting the absolute bottom-barrel dregs of the kuro lineup because as enemies they're actually fairly effective

especially that midboss, where's the ID for that guy PM. is gregor supposed to be him because someone should probably tell gregor's coins that

Gregor is supposed to be Gin, the Kurokumo goon from Library of Ruina.

Also do we have any idea what those LCA soldiers are supposed to be? They seem oddly overdesigned for generic people

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

DuoRogue posted:

once again:

is outis dias?
Dias could not even pretend to suck up to anyone, imo.

Marluxia posted:

Also do we have any idea what those LCA soldiers are supposed to be? They seem oddly overdesigned for generic people
If my theory is correct, the LCA are probably Udjat, which is why they're so insular and weird.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

Gregor isn't supposed to be him, and I've worked out the big reason he kicks my poo poo in (besides clashing absurdly well for a mid-boss) is that you cannot ever trigger his counter whilst he has allies around. it gets 1 additional coin per living ally.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Gregor isn't supposed to be him, and I've worked out the big reason he kicks my poo poo in (besides clashing absurdly well for a mid-boss) is that you cannot ever trigger his counter whilst he has allies around. it gets 1 additional coin per living ally.

I always forget to pay attention to stuff like that in non-focused encounters while i'm doing the extremely mentally taxing task of lining up all the blue hexagons. Their bleed is also pretty nasty, if you're not careful Meursault will take 13 damage any time he does anything for a bit which hurts. Almost lost him that way but he landed at 1 hp because the enemy died on the action he would have died to Bleed damage. His HP bar hit 0 then rolled back to 1, so I guess that's how that edge-case works.

That said bone claimer is loving hilarious when the AoE goes off, it is a absurd tempo swing that will wipe out half the enemy group

Marluxia posted:

The LC groups seem to have a common cause but aren't exactly united, seems like some want to actually solve the problem and others are too City-brained and just care about profiting from it

e: also why Gin, that's a pretty random pull.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 22, 2024

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

I always forget to pay attention to stuff like that in non-focused encounters while i'm doing the extremely mentally taxing task of lining up all the blue hexagons. Their bleed is also pretty nasty, if you're not careful Meursault will take 13 damage any time he does anything for a bit which hurts. Almost lost him that way but he landed at 1 hp because the enemy died on the action he would have died to Bleed damage. His HP bar hit 0 then rolled back to 1, so I guess that's how that edge-case works.

That said bone claimer is loving hilarious when the AoE goes off, it is a absurd tempo swing that will wipe out half the enemy group

The LC groups seem to have a common cause but aren't exactly united, seems like some want to actually solve the problem and others are too City-brained and just care about profiting from it

Isn’t kimsault literally immortal the first time he’d die?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

PetraCore posted:

If my theory is correct, the LCA are probably Udjat, which is why they're so insular and weird.

That was my initial thoughts too, given the other distortion detective cameo.(Yes, I know Udjats were in Library of Ruina, but DD heavily features the Udjat as a faction with their boss, and Moses being a former Udjat)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

Isn’t kimsault literally immortal the first time he’d die?

is he? he has so much text it wouldn't surprise me. lemme check

yup he is. guess that also counts for status damage

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

PetraCore posted:

yeah, at this point im mentioning that mostly as a joke that hasn't been disproven, but i don't think "dias is connected to limbus company" (or even being a part of it) is that farfetched

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

So I’ve made a terrible life choice and decided to u4 all my blade lineages. I will be using them in MD3 until I’ve maxed the event in uhhh…. 1850 scabbards or so.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

So I’ve made a terrible life choice and decided to u4 all my blade lineages. I will be using them in MD3 until I’ve maxed the event in uhhh…. 1850 scabbards or so.

I think if you want to maximise scabbards the dungeon in the story is better still, but there's obviously other reasons to want to do two things at once (Scabbards and MD3 Clears).

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I can't even figure out how to beat Kim outside the dungeon. Do I just never clash?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

DuoRogue posted:

yeah, at this point im mentioning that mostly as a joke that hasn't been disproven, but i don't think "dias is connected to limbus company" (or even being a part of it) is that farfetched
Yeah, no, given context clues in the latest event I'm giving it greater than 50% she's involved, since while Moses would be loving furious at having to work for Dias again that's exactly the position she ends up in at the point DD cut off, and it's a position doing basically what she's doing now for Limbus Company. If Dias has wanted Moses back for a while now, it's unlikely she'd let Moses slip her grasp a second time very easily, so while it's theoretically possible Moses used Limbus Company to slip Dias' direct grip, it's equally or more likely Dias is a major shareholder in Limbus Company or straight up 'renting' Moses and Ezra out, imo.

Duquoc
Jul 3, 2023

TeeQueue posted:

I'll be interested to hear how it goes. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to whale a bunch of EXP tickets to level up all of my BL squad. I've got them all, but I never leveled any of them. The idea of running a full thematic team just sounds so appealing though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Solitair posted:

I can't even figure out how to beat Kim outside the dungeon. Do I just never clash?

He has a super consistent pattern. Once you know this you can aim to stagger him on the turn he uses TCTB and then turbo murder him the next turn. You can also potentially Chains of Others him the turn he uses the counter attack (which happens the turn before TCTB).

If you cannot stagger him, make sure you get the shield from TCTB gone before it goes off, and then try to crack it with a strong enough EGO if you can. But you really should just try to rip his Health up in 3 turns before he whacks your whole team.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Duquoc posted:

I'll be interested to hear how it goes. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to whale a bunch of EXP tickets to level up all of my BL squad. I've got them all, but I never leveled any of them. The idea of running a full thematic team just sounds so appealing though.

Oh this is mirror dungeon normal, I don’t need to level them—just uptie to 4 and they’re ready to go.

And since I got so much of the currency from the basic run-through I think I can just do the rest of the farming automatically doing my usual daily MDs. Just… with poise for the bonus I guess.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I ACCIDENTALLY UPTIED AN ID TO 4 BY PRESSING SPACEBAR

WHAT THE gently caress

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I have made a very important discovery.

Lucky Pouch makes Yield My Flesh go from 20-12 to 20-20.

Solitair posted:

I ACCIDENTALLY UPTIED AN ID TO 4 BY PRESSING SPACEBAR

WHAT THE gently caress
Which one was it?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

Which one was it?

K Corp Hong Lu, which was near the top of my list anyway, but that means I'll have to grind a bunch more to get my new BL IDs to 3.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

My issue with Kim isn't so much his super as me not knowing how to handle someone who exclusively uses negative coin attacks. Those attacks get harder to win clashes against the more they lose coins, not easier, so it's real easy for Kim to win clashes, lose sanity and then win more clashes. That's why I asked if I should even bother clashing.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I can also confirm, Blade Lineage Meursault using Chains of Others weakens his own clashing Yield My Flesh but not To Claim My Bones.

Solitair posted:

My issue with Kim isn't so much his super as me not knowing how to handle someone who exclusively uses negative coin attacks. Those attacks get harder to win clashes against the more they lose coins, not easier, so it's real easy for Kim to win clashes, lose sanity and then win more clashes. That's why I asked if I should even bother clashing.

A big part of it is you absolutely need at least level 36 or above to clash him at all negative coins or not. But in terms of how to handle this, try to see what you can let through vs what you cannot. Also, remember that dodging exists and will solve a lot of problems, since you can still "clash" with a slower speed attack using a higher speed defensive ability.

Meursault also solves all boss related problems with Chains of Others. Big important thing with negative coin enemies is don't paralyse them ever. Once you get Kim to a certain point ignoring clashing to swing for the win will be optimal, but until then just clash as best you can imo.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 22, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

Oh this is mirror dungeon normal, I don’t need to level them—just uptie to 4 and they’re ready to go.

And since I got so much of the currency from the basic run-through I think I can just do the rest of the farming automatically doing my usual daily MDs. Just… with poise for the bonus I guess.
Yeah, it's super generous with currency if you have IDs to boost it. I'll probably do some dungeon run throughs if I need more of the currency to get the special banner etc, but... just from my basic run through and one MD3N I got don and almost all the cheaper rewards, so I don't think i'll need to grind.

EDIT: Unrelated but I'm happy I was able to get every ID I have up to UT3. Now I need to decide which ones to UT4 for the future. BL IDs are good to UT4?

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 22, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, it's super generous with currency if you have IDs to boost it. I'll probably do some dungeon run throughs if I need more of the currency to get the special banner etc, but... just from my basic run through and one MD3N I got don and almost all the cheaper rewards, so I don't think i'll need to grind.

EDIT: Unrelated but I'm happy I was able to get every ID I have up to UT3. Now I need to decide which ones to UT4 for the future. BL IDs are good to UT4?
Meursault, Yi Sang, Faust and Don are the ones you wanna UT4. Sinclair and especially Outis are bad. Get Cinqlair instead.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Meursault, Yi Sang, Faust and Don are the ones you wanna UT4. Sinclair and especially Outis are bad. Get Cinqlair instead.

I have 'em all maxed out and yeah Sinclair/Outis are p. much dead weight most of the time

Sinclair can claim some bones for hilarious damage but the rest of the time he's just kinda there ruining your pride resonance. Outis is just bad but at least has a pride evade

e: also yeah Yi Sang especially is garbage pre-UT4 and pretty good post

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

GilliamYaeger posted:

Gotcha. I've just been using Outis as a sacrificial currency boost since I already had her high level, but she really isn't holding up even to an underlevelled Faust.