Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Worked out great for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He was a piece of poo poo and now he isn't any more

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

he threw a spanner in the russian warmachine and will be remembered as a hero.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
It is good when invaders can't hurt anyone anymore. Better when they decide to not be invaders on their own. And if the invaded can offer motivation for defecting from the murderhorde, great.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

You think it's bad to defect from the bad guys?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Well Russia continues to win the information war. Artur Rehi apparwntly had his Patreon terminated.

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
How concerned will European leaders be now that they know that Russia is killing their defectors on European soil?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

malder posted:

How concerned will European leaders be now that they know that Russia is killing their defectors on European soil?

Likely not very, because it's not on their specific country's soil. And even then, still likely not very, given how inept the decision making and agreeing over weapon production/distribution is.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

malder posted:

It's not like this is a new development.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

malder posted:

It's been going on for the past ~15 years or so. The usual reaction used to be some harsh words in the press and then pretend it didn't happened and to buy more Russian gas. Maybe we'll skip the gas buying part this time though, considering that there is a war and everything

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Hey what happened to the other guys in his helicopter

They had a chance to surrender and be heroes but instead uh, they didn't.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

Yeah the whole thing about him taking hostages/kidnapping isn't mentioned enough.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
It's interesting to discover such extremely specific circumstances in which tankies suddenly (pretend to) care about Russian lives.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's very noble of them

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It would be loving great if more members of the murderhorde could constrain themselves to only hostage taking and kidnapping. Think of the cities that would go unrazed, the populations who would go unevicted, undisplaced, untortured and unmurdered. The mind boggles, what a hero.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Karate Bastard posted:

It would be loving great if more members of the murderhorde could constrain themselves to only hostage taking and kidnapping. Think of the cities that would go unrazed, the populations who would go unevicted, undisplaced, untortured and unmurdered. The mind boggles, what a hero.

I heard a guy in Ukraine had a Nazi tattoo. Those drone bombings on the apartment building were just doing what the weak Ukrainian populace couldn't (or WOULDN'T) do. Russia just hates fascists THAT much!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It had to be done, is what I'm saying, for the good of the non-Nazis. (I'm sure there are some very fine people living in Ukraine but they're all culpable for their Nazi leadership)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

It's interesting to discover such extremely specific circumstances in which tankies suddenly (pretend to) care about Russian lives.

Imagine if there was someone who sent tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of Russians to their deaths for his own imperial ambitions. I bet they would despise that guy.

If such a person existed.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

They were invaders and now they aren't anymore

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If those other guys had surrendered along with the pilot they would've been assassinated by the FSB's foreign directorate just like the pilot was anyway, the important thing is that Ukraine got another Mi-8 out of it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Thinking about that time someone in a previous incarnation of this thread argued that firing RPGs into a hospital was fair game because there might have been a child soldier in there, making it a completely legitimate military target because you never know when or where those dastardly Ukrainians might strike, and then got upset nobody agreed with the bulletproof reasoning...

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

EorayMel posted:

Thinking about that time someone in a previous incarnation of this thread argued that firing RPGs into a hospital was fair game because there might have been a child soldier in there, making it a completely legitimate military target because you never know when or where those dastardly Ukrainians might strike, and then got upset nobody agreed with the bulletproof reasoning...

I didn't know Bibi was a poster here

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Very concerning

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

those fools, don't they know Russia is a military giant, immune to attrition? pilots could defect at these rates for years and still be fine. Ukraine might as well surrender

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

You know who's a real piece of poo poo? Putin.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

DiomedesGodshill posted:

You know who's a real piece of poo poo? Putin.

Many people are saying this

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's true.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

It's true.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.
Not true.

He's like 75% horse cum by volume

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

EorayMel posted:

There was that one tankie in the D&D thread who asked fatherbox if the civilian survivors of Mariupol are thankful to Russia for freeing them from brutal life under the Nazi terror squads. The survivors who are now squatting in the moonscape ruins of the city with the dead bodies of their children and parents and siblings still buried under their feet.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
As I was returning the shopping cart, I met Tucker and he confirmed that the two Russian invaders killed on the humanitarian mission were full of Ukrainian POWs :smith:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I'm interested in learning more about what kind of cyberattacks and such have been going on in this war, but ugh we're never going to really hear much about that, and what we do hear about will be years from now. I'm so curious about how many of those smoking incidents are actually Stuxnet-style cyberattacks on manufacturing and industrial equipment.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
My nato e-cig got loving stuxed

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Worked out great for him

say's you, not only aware but hoping that everyone else here remembers how elastic the human arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Dude bravely kidnapped two of his comrades and got them killed for half a million dollars

We call it conscription FYI

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The state of the forums update got me wondering how much the great hilldawgin of '23 boosted the coffers? Anyone remember what month that happened?

https://www.romaniajournal.ro/politics/transnistria-would-request-annexation-to-russia/

Congratulations on your ascendancy to the Russian federation, here's your mobilization orders.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 22, 2024

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

It is good when invaders can't hurt anyone anymore. Better when they decide to not be invaders on their own. And if the invaded can offer motivation for defecting from the murderhorde, great.

:hai:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

malder posted:

They might make a dramatisation of it in 8 years if Salisbury is any indicator.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Still astounded that the two dudes in the helicopter, when faced with the full scope of what had just happened and that the helicopter was now in Ukraine, surrounded by Ukrainian military units, with everyone including their pilot and the Ukrainians on the ground asking them to surrender, did not accept and instead tried to fight

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
That's not a real strategic goal, right? Is there a legitimate reason to attack Kaliningrad to hurt the war effort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vaginaface posted:

That's not a real strategic goal, right? Is there a legitimate reason to attack Kaliningrad to hurt the war effort?
Of course,
a) Liberation of Královec
b) Forcing Poopin to divert resources to defend it instead of murdering Ukrainians

Unfortunately I don't think anyone in charge has the right vision to actually do it