Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

GD_American posted:

Hell, I loved him for his NASCAR coverage long before I cared about Tide football.

I grew up big on NASCAR and to this day my family when talking about Eli Gold just calls him trouble in turn 4 because of his calls. I didn't even know he called Bama games till a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

March Madness but college football

128 teams lfg

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Warbird posted:

God drat it I’m still so mad.

If you’re not going to listen to a game while driving around on an Autumn/Winter’s Saturday evening listening to Eli tell you about this drive’s sponsor and the the wings over at Baumhower’s Victory Grille then what is even the god drat point?

The tweet doesn't link to an article. Does anyone know why the guy got pushed out? Was it some booster poo poo like when Auburn fired Tuberville?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I. M. Gei posted:

The tweet doesn't link to an article. Does anyone know why the guy got pushed out? Was it some booster poo poo like when Auburn fired Tuberville?

nothing specific so far

he did miss most of 2022 dealing with an illness and split time in the booth this season; my guess is he wanted more money than alabama wanted to pay him or they wanted to do a clean sweep when saban retired. both are dumb reasons to let someone go especially if he's in good health as he claims

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

SundayMoney posted:

I grew up big on NASCAR and to this day my family when talking about Eli Gold just calls him trouble in turn 4 because of his calls. I didn't even know he called Bama games till a few years ago.

I grew up on him calling NASCAR as well and I remember when Bama was on TV probation in 95 I finally got to hear him call a whole lot of Alabama games.

I have a feeling this will get messy once the truth gets out. If there is one thing we like at Alabama its tradition, and loving with it is horse poo poo.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Adun posted:

If a small catholic school in Indiana can’t become a college football powerhouse then we might as well watch the NFL

They are in the NIL poorhouse because 2/3 of their money goes to IU basketball whenever there is a coaching change.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/status/1760651119586373987?s=46

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

$6.6 million total compensation pool

It's logistically impossible but the players could probably hold out for more

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I feel like the QB Eagles guys playing QB at Texas will be outnumbered a 100 to 1 by the "ha I'm in a video game" guys on the offensive line at Akron anyhow

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Warbird posted:

https://twitter.com/fox6hardison/status/1760399794512498694

mother gently caress

This hurts worse than Saban.

Bad move by Bama, no matter how it looks, throws, it's intercepted. Caught by the Bulldogs at the 20. Up the near side, 25, to the 50, to the 40. Down the near sideline, 20, to the 15, to the 10, to the 5, touchdown. Georgia. On their second interception of the night.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

We’re probably 3 years away from an edition that has customization and Dynast mode depth that’s worth a poo poo, but whatever, I’ll buy that garbage.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/easportscollege/status/1760681095732080833?s=46

Let’s go.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

You could almost do it the way they do big chess tournaments, Swiss-style, where they re-seed each week based on results and by the end you just have the top teams playing each other. It'd probably work even better if you split into 4 regions, then at the end have the four "regular season tournament" winners go into a normal play-off. It'd be a pretty big headache to have to schedule opponents on a couple weeks' notice, though.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1760664903772192821?s=20

Kinda bummed but lol the opposite of how we thought it was gonna be. Named players but coached by Alabama HC

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

As long as I can name my coach Poops McTurd, I'll be happy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That actually just made me realize, with Belichick out of a head coaching job this year will be the first Madden in decades with all of the coaches in it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sash! posted:

I feel like the QB Eagles guys playing QB at Texas will be outnumbered a 100 to 1 by the "ha I'm in a video game" guys on the offensive line at Akron anyhow

yeah $600 and getting to post screenshots of yourself in a videogame is novel no matter who you are

either the $600 is a decent chunk compared to the NIL deals they were taking in otherwise or they don't need the money because they're big stars and the exposure to build their brand is the real value

obviously they should try and hold out for more but to do that you'd like to see a situation where the players whose NIL rights are worth more were to advocate for those whose NIL rights may have a lower value. kind of like a concerted, organized group, working in the interests of the collective to ensure a better deal for everyone. together, joined. like links in a chain or something

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How did they get away with using the coaches' likenesses for years before the O'Bannon ruling?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did they get away with using the coaches' likenesses for years before the O'Bannon ruling?

"Generic white guy" is amorphous enough to get away with it. It's not like they had heights, weights, hometowns, etc. that made it clear who it was supposed to be.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

"Generic white guy" is amorphous enough to get away with it. It's not like they had heights, weights, hometowns, etc. that made it clear who it was supposed to be.

They looked a lot more like the coaches than the player templates looked like the players as I recall, at least in '04 which I put ungodly hours into.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

What’d they call MJ in NBA jam? I can’t remember.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

LeeMajors posted:

Roster Guard

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Give me the FCS. I wanna play in the Kibbie Dome

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

shyduck posted:

Give me the FCS. I wanna play in the Kibbie Dome

Going to have to pay $19.99 for the FCS DLC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I remember in the 2010s they didn't bother modeling MLB baseball stadiums that hosted Bowl Games. Not sure if that was a time management thing or possibly a licensing exclusivity thing. I know they could borrow information from Madden for the NFL stadiums, but they did go to the effort of building a playable Cotton Bowl.

wandler20 posted:

Going to have to pay $19.99 for the FCS DLC.

If they model the stadiums and let you play dynasty mode in FCS, then hell yeah.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

He wasn’t in the original except for a few specially burned chips IIRC. Just Pippen and Grant.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah $600 and getting to post screenshots of yourself in a videogame is novel no matter who you are

either the $600 is a decent chunk compared to the NIL deals they were taking in otherwise or they don't need the money because they're big stars and the exposure to build their brand is the real value

obviously they should try and hold out for more but to do that you'd like to see a situation where the players whose NIL rights are worth more were to advocate for those whose NIL rights may have a lower value. kind of like a concerted, organized group, working in the interests of the collective to ensure a better deal for everyone. together, joined. like links in a chain or something

Yeah, it's not possible because $600 is going to be a good chunk of change for the vast majority of the athletes, and most will sign immediately, but I'd think they could 5x that compensation pool if they managed to collectively reject the offer.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
EA said they'll have brand ambassadors that will get paid more. I'm assuming that's your high profile guys who will want more.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pollack lol
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1760722274934534630?t=Bs5zqDMCkUzBrCLxYAqrYw&s=19

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What bowl games will be featured?

Can I eat the Pop-Tart?!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

He wasn’t in the original except for a few specially burned chips IIRC. Just Pippen and Grant.
Only 3 "NBA Jam w/ MJ & Friends" arcade machines exist, and they were sent to the 3 people specifically included in this special edition: MJ, Gary Payton, and Ken Griffey, Jr. They're all on a fictional super team and their stats are inflated.

No ROM is known to exist. One of the devs years later tried to reach out to Jordan to get the ROM dumped from his machine, but he ran into a legal roadblock.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Famously, Kevin Millar was absent from MVP Baseball 2005, replaced with the fictional "Anthony Friese".

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jon Dowd never forget

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jon Dowd never forget

That was the white Barry Bonds alt right?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

That was the white Barry Bonds alt right?

Yes Barry Bonds was white alt right and Kevin Millar was a Black Israelite.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Punt God finds a team

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1760757406479294963?t=zfWck7YOWGzuY94_Aw0svg&s=19

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
As long as it gets released on PC we will be able to do whatever we want!!!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/IsItOutEA/status/1760754833617797297?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

soggybagel posted:

As long as it gets released on PC we will be able to do whatever we want!!!

I don’t think it’s been released on PC in like 30 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I am so loving ready for new NCAA FOOTBALL 25

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The Vol Network has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever

YESSSSS