Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Locator posted:

Used yours. Mine is "The_Locator" if anyone feels like using it to give me bees I guess?

MrMidnight is mine. I want to become Candyman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Discord

24 hours and your game is not playable. At what point do you admit that this is a playtest and full release was never ready. At what point does steam pull the game. This was predictable, over a million copys sold and you were not preparded. A team of 12 devs, obviously lacking experience. You could of hired full triple AAA Contractors for a fraction of revenue from this game. This looks and feels like a scummy move by an apparent respectable group of people.

Turn the servers off, roll back your update and sit on this for 2-3 months. Or, quit.

Do not delete this message mods, this isn't 1944

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Are all you Acolytes not using the Marrow Shards skill? That thing tears up groups (at early levels, at least), then use Rip Blood whenever you're too low on hp.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Discord

24 hours and your game is not playable. At what point do you admit that this is a playtest and full release was never ready. At what point does steam pull the game. This was predictable, over a million copys sold and you were not preparded. A team of 12 devs, obviously lacking experience. You could of hired full triple AAA Contractors for a fraction of revenue from this game. This looks and feels like a scummy move by an apparent respectable group of people.

Turn the servers off, roll back your update and sit on this for 2-3 months. Or, quit.

Reading this in the Illidan voice

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Has this guy ever played a AAA game?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

Do you have multiple monitors set up? I notice that when I'm (borderless windowed) alt tabbed to a window on a different monitor and LE still looks like it has focus on the main monitor, GPU is 100% (which, by the way EHG, you really need to restrict the FPS on menu screens to 30 or 60) but if I stick another window on the main monitor, it properly detects that LE is not in focus and GPU goes down to what it should be.
I have multiple monitors plugged in, but this is with the second one turned off and the game on the primary/only monitor. Once I'm actually in the game, which I can't achieve right now because online is down again, usage goes back down to what one would expect. I guess the graphics settings don't apply to the menu for some reason?

GrandpaPants posted:

Are all you Acolytes not using the Marrow Shards skill? That thing tears up groups (at early levels, at least), then use Rip Blood whenever you're too low on hp.
Yeah, I saw recommendations for using Wandering Spirits and noped out of that real hard. Marrow Shards is a perfectly fine clear skill, although not being able to put an attack on LMB makes the faux "builder/spender" pairing feel not great.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices. How often do these companies lie and mislead their customers with innacurate start dates and times, game completeness "The story is not complete in Last Epoch" with no mention of these issues on the pre-order page. This is false advertising and it is illegal. What other services are offered in such a way with a little responsibility taken by the company itself? They have conditioned so many players to think that this is ok, with many even attacking those who stand up against it. This is false advertising and it is illegal. Demand more for your money and perhaps a little bit more respect from the companies you are paying. Stop making excuses for these companies and stop excusing this type of behavior. You will benefit and so will the rest of us.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Discord

lol it kicks rear end ppl still do this for every game that comes out. god bless them

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bio347 posted:

I have multiple monitors plugged in, but this is with the second one turned off and the game on the primary/only monitor. Once I'm actually in the game, which I can't achieve right now because online is down again, usage goes back down to what one would expect. I guess the graphics settings don't apply to the menu for some reason?

What's the FPS like on that screen? Do you have your FPS capped through the control panel?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

wandering spirits and the skull things. just walking around letting things drop to death as i continue on my merry way

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

Acolyte leveling seems a bit weird. It’s not clear to me how to avoid using minions early on since the passive tree is mostly minion bonuses.

The Acolyte tree is like 2/3rd minion bonuses and 1/3rd resistances/survival. You can get by just fine without minions, Marrow Shards destroys crowds of foes and you can regain the HP tax with Rip Blood.

Acolyte is definitely Last Epoch's answer to Diablo's Necromancer but you can do more than be a skeleton general. Before launch I played a Lich that went all in on being a walking poison cloud, making all my foes choke on venom while my DoTs reduce them to goo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

One thing I want to flag for people leveling for the first time into the mid/end game -- don't neglect your resistances! Resistances are way more important here than in some other games. By the time you're doing the higher level monoliths, you want all your resistances capped. If you suddenly start getting one shotted by something that isn't a boss attack or huge AOE, it's likely because you have a weak resistance to that type.

What? This is the only ARPG where it's not absolutely paramount to have your resistances capped.

I mean you should still have them capped, yes, but the math works differently in this such that being 1-5% off from max is nowhere near the increase in damage received like in every other ARPG

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
From Discord:

quote:

Averielle — Today at 5:46 PM
Notice: We are continuing to work on the transition time issues, and will be deploying a service to help us better diagnose issues and test fixes. We expect this process to take up to one hour, during which time servers may become unavailable. Thank you for the continued support as we are working to resolve these issues.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Stux posted:

lol it kicks rear end ppl still do this for every game that comes out. god bless them

its what they live for

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Again, I have to stress that my favorite ARPG character of all time is Last Epoch's Acolyte Minion Bomber, a sort of variant on Corpse Explosion Necromancer where my own minions provide the explosion fuel and I built out a whole bunch of cool things that happen on minion death.

It was a very fun build, click "Summon Skeletons" near stuff, the Skellies immediately come out of the ground and then blow up because your Skeletal Mages are set to auto-cast Sacrifice (minion blows up and deals AOE damage) on any minion that is near an enemy. Triggers a whole bunch of minion death effects, which gave me back mana, add Ward, etc. Every explosion also removed some Physical resistance from the target, which meant that the solution to Physical-Resistant enemies was more Skeletons! (it also did some Fire damage too).

Itemization was easy, go for Intelligence and Minion Damage and Ward stuff, done. Great build, filling the screen with huge Bonesplosions never got old. Not sure if it's still viable though, it did start to struggle around Corruption 150 and this was over a year ago.

But anyway that kind of nonsense is why I liked this game. Was the combat feel a little weak sometime? Sure, especially at low levels. But once crap started explodin' and zappin' and wooshin', it was perfectly passable.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

My rogue leveling into falconer has been going pretty smoothly even after getting the mastery, thanks to a Hell Reach dropping in the fortress gardens and Cinder Strike. Still gonna switch to Explosive Trap plus Acid Flask as soon as I get the Vial of Volatile Ice, then also convert Explosive Trap to cold. Just cold explosions from everywhere.
That said, I have no idea what main hand do throwing builds use.

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices. How often do these companies lie and mislead their customers with innacurate start dates and times, game completeness "The story is not complete in Last Epoch" with no mention of these issues on the pre-order page. This is false advertising and it is illegal. What other services are offered in such a way with a little responsibility taken by the company itself? They have conditioned so many players to think that this is ok, with many even attacking those who stand up against it. This is false advertising and it is illegal. Demand more for your money and perhaps a little bit more respect from the companies you are paying. Stop making excuses for these companies and stop excusing this type of behavior. You will benefit and so will the rest of us.

I'd tell you to log off but it seems the game already did it for you.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
They say they're having issues with 'transition time' but I can't even login. And you can't do anything except Alt-F4 when you get bored of waiting for it to connect.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Not having a finished campaign at launch does feel a little weird to me, so if people bought it expecting a complete campaign I get why they're annoyed. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but it does make calling it 1.0 feel pretty arbitrary.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
In case it's not too late for the bees -- referral is: rmk2

I might play a Falconer. I played a Bladedancer in previous versions, and it was nice and mobile, so I'm curious how this feels in comparison. :stoked:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Hollow Talk posted:

In case it's not too late for the bees -- referral is: rmk2

I might play a Falconer. I played a Bladedancer in previous versions, and it was nice and mobile, so I'm curious how this feels in comparison. :stoked:

Falconer is amazing and good

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Not having a finished campaign at launch does feel a little weird to me, so if people bought it expecting a complete campaign I get why they're annoyed. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but it does make calling it 1.0 feel pretty arbitrary.

It does feel like a "we need to release this ASAP to get more money from sales, so we'll chose an arbitrary milestone (all 15 subclasses in) and call it 1.0."

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Path of exile anyone? When did GGG release acts 4 and 5, and then 6-10?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've beat the campaign 10+ times and I don't know what the story is.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've been in early access for a while and watching the opening cutscene in 1.0 was like "wait, so THAT'S what this game is about?"

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zoux posted:

Basically, bird god and skeletons are assholes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Erulisse posted:

Path of exile anyone? When did GGG release acts 4 and 5, and then 6-10?

That was f2p

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Basically, bird god and skeletons are assholes.

Also: purple stuff

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

zoux posted:

I think you’re trying to get your mom and dad back together or something

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I only play ARPGs for the story.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

That was f2p

EHG was already not a nice bunch in my books, reminding me I paid irl monies for this uninstalled game just made the matters worse

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Apparently the game is even more hosed today than it was yesterday. Can't even get into town. Login to char screen works, but after selecting a character, it gets stuck in the "Connecting" screen. Glad I bought this years ago and not yesterday.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

MarcusSA posted:

:sickos:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Yeah you’d be crazy to keep using Rip Blood as your main. The potion drop rate is good enough that I don’t need to use Rip Blood to restore health as long as I’m putting in enough effort to avoid attacks.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

MarcusSA posted:

poe 2 devs apparently doing a variable story thing where u get a different story and npc reactions if you just blast through ignoring everything and listening to nothing and not reading anything, which is lol

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
So has anyone actually managed to play online yet? I'm happily chugging away in offline, but I check every few zones and so far haven't managed to log in.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Honestly, I am story-enjoyer by nature, but the way they choose to present it in this game (dialog with slowly appearing text while someone talks) is like the worst possible way to convey that, imo, since you can't speed it up without skipping it entirely. That said, I feel like the text appears a little faster in 1.0?

Pharnakes posted:

So has anyone actually managed to play online yet? I'm happily chugging away in offline, but I check every few zones and so far haven't managed to log in.

Played online all day yesterday. Got to level 37.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im playing online rn. takes time to load towns and certain zones, other zones instantly load.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Pharnakes posted:

I played a fair bit yesterday fairly smoothly. Was able to get in for a bit a few hours ago but zone transitions were minutes long.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

Apparently the game is even more hosed today than it was yesterday. Can't even get into town. Login to char screen works, but after selecting a character, it gets stuck in the "Connecting" screen. Glad I bought this years ago and not yesterday.

That was my experience yesterday every time I tried Online

nerox
May 20, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

poe 2 devs apparently doing a variable story thing where u get a different story and npc reactions if you just blast through ignoring everything and listening to nothing and not reading anything, which is lol

If I am blasting through ignoring everything, how will I know? :psyduck:

Last Epoch is now saying I am not logged into Steam. After 24 hours, my online character has only achieved level 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Herstory Begins Now posted:

ralakesh in a7 was supposed to occupy the body of the bandit the exile helped through their actions in a2
we all know how that ended up