Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, posting via the Imgur app still kinda sucks but is doable once you get the trick of it

Walter is hiding but wants to still offer reassurance

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

No Butt Stuff posted:

Just show them how ChatGPT is currently acting.

Can't wait to have my PCR software insert racial slurs and stereotypes on its own .

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow i don’t want lunch anymore. That’s so.. so so so disgusting. How do you stick with someone who uses their body fluid in a loving pastry

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow i don’t want lunch anymore. That’s so.. so so so disgusting. How do you stick with someone who uses their body fluid in a loving pastry

a sexual elk posted:

Showed it to my wife and she said it’s a satire TikTok luckily

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Amy Pole Her posted:

There is a brewery that made a beer from the yeast in some of the brewers beards.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

swickles posted:

There is a brewery that made a beer from the yeast in some of the brewers beards.

Lmao literal hair of the dog that whipped your rear end

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Snow Dogs (2002)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone watched any of the new Avatar yet? I’m scared to start it

e: the new live action series I mean. Not the blue cats

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Oh thank god

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a sexual elk posted:

Showed it to my wife and she said it’s a satire TikTok luckily

Oh, so it might actually be okay?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Amy Pole Her posted:

I did it all for the nookie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In non-doing it for the clout stuff, anyone read the incredibly bleak article about the mom who fell down the conspiracy rabbit hole, tried to move off the grid, and ended up just getting herself, her sister and her kid killed?

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/exploration-survival/colorado-off-grid-deaths/

That poor loving kid

quote:

Talon Vance, 13, lived in an apartment complex in suburban Colorado Springs with his mom and Aunt. Other relatives lived nearby. Typically, he spent much of the week with his father, half brother, half sister, and grandparents, all of whom lived together not far away in a different town. All of that would change in August 2022: Talon’s mother, Rebecca Vance, had hatched a plan to disappear from Colorado Springs and go permanently off-grid.

Months after she went off-grid, a man who’d been in touch with her before she left contacted authorities. He said that he’d been texting with Rebecca, hoping to renew an old acquaintance; he’d proposed that they take a walk. She responded that she wasn’t interested, that she’d soon be leaving Colorado Springs. In closing she added, “I know I probably sound like a ‘conspiracy theorist,’ but there are insane plots to take away our soul and humanity … if you’ve never heard about the Great Reset, WEF, 4th Industrial Revolution, then please look up Yuval Noah Harari, Klaus Schwab, and their agenda.”

The Gold Creek campground sits at an elevation of 10,000 feet in a valley known for heavy snow. It is an entry point to a wilderness area called Fossil Ridge that features lakes, granite peaks, and plentiful moose and mule deer, elk, and bears. The campground is open from May to September; six campsites ring a small circular drive. Visitors tend to be summer hikers and backpackers, until the weather gets cold. Then the hunters pass through—bowhunters, muzzle loaders, rifle shooters—into November. Snow usually starts to accumulate in October. Cell service is nonexistent.

The dwelling they set up would later be described by investigators as an “eighty-dollar Walmart tent.” Their sleeping bags were warm but not warm enough for winter. Other equipment and supplies reflected a lack of familiarity with wilderness life. They had no firearms or big knives. They had a fishing rod, and while the lakes in the wilderness area are stocked with trout, they’re frozen and inaccessible in winter. To purify water they had LifeStraws, useful for hiking but not intended for long-term cold-weather camping. (Freezing temperatures can wreak havoc on personal water filters.)

Trevala would later show me a bundle of perhaps 50 seed packets, returned to her by officials almost a year later: kale, cilantro, carrots, peppers. Those plants are not impossible to grow in that environment, but to succeed you’d need to start early in the season, with a well-prepared bed, probably in some kind of temporary greenhouse to protect against storms and cold snaps. It appears that the trio mostly ate prepared food. Trash found at the campsite the following summer included cans and wrappers for ramen noodles, Campbell’s soup, fruit juice, Vienna sausages, candy bars, and Tuna Creations.

The group built a lean-to some 30 or 40 yards from the tent, cutting logs not with a timber saw but something closer to a hacksaw. The lean-to was maybe four feet tall and had a roof made of branches; it faced a hole dug into the hillside for storage. A tarp was probably draped across the space between the two spots, offering some shelter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I feel like the dad should have done something, if the kid was spending that much time at his place there was likely a joint custody agreement, and even if there wasn't if your kid that you see that often suddenly disappears, you should find out what the gently caress is going on anyways.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Need some palate cleansing animal pics, stat!!!

He just would not face the camera. Finally got one of his face and he licked his lips right as I was taking the pic

gently caress it, that's good enough

Bonus pic:

My old lady pup who I had to say goodbye to three years ago, here's a pic of her from 2006 when she was a puppy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

drat that sucks. Also any time there is a story about someone being a loving idiot in CO there's like an 80% chance they're in Colorado Springs. A perfect singularity of conservative libertarian morons. This is the city that voted to eliminate basically all public services at one point and then acted surprised when it actually sucked that nobody was maintaining the parks or collecting trash or powering street lights lmao

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Usually it's just TMI medical stuff, animal pics, and recipes.

You forgot divorces.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Timby posted:

You forgot divorces.

Divorce chat has been dormant lately but yeah there's a lot of that too lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My stupid brain woke me up at 3am and I'm already sleepy. It's not even 8am. gently caress you brain.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone watched any of the new Avatar yet? I’m scared to start it

e: the new live action series I mean. Not the blue cats

No but the dude who sits in front of me at work was loudly complaining all morning about AT&T being dead and then the second it came back up this afternoon I noticed he was immediately watching that on his phone at his desk.

Every time I walk past his desk he’s watching movies. He gets paid a lot more than me.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

BlindSite posted:

My stupid brain woke me up at 3am and I'm already sleepy. It's not even 8am. gently caress you brain.

Had similar dumb sleeping hours yesterday, and made matters worse by throwing a pot of coffee in my stomach with only a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. Having a Big Dumb Sandwich and fries for lunch, then a solid nap, saved my afternoon and evening.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Timby posted:

You forgot divorces.

You of all people should know, we’ve gone on long enough that several divorcees have been remarried, some multiple times, we’re back to the wedding chat part of the cycle!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Docjowles posted:

drat that sucks. Also any time there is a story about someone being a loving idiot in CO there's like an 80% chance they're in Colorado Springs. A perfect singularity of conservative libertarian morons. This is the city that voted to eliminate basically all public services at one point and then acted surprised when it actually sucked that nobody was maintaining the parks or collecting trash or powering street lights lmao

my stepdad got really offended when I told him CO springs was super conservative. He pointed out that they recently elected a, in his words, "black liberal mayor" and that the city was going blue and he went on and on about how much better things were now

I told him when conservatives feel backed against a wall that's when they're the most dangerous and so the risk of violence and backlash is higher than ever

this was all in the context of a kind of heated conversation we had after my sister, who is trans (and quite visually identifiable as such), went off for a walk alone and didn't come back until after dark and was really upset when I pointed out to her that a year ago there'd been a mass shooting at the one local gay bar and she needed to be a bit more aware of where she was and what the risks are

:negative:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760770595942240476?t=acPaeSTfI7g1tmHziDn3DQ&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
drat, they really did indict and arrest Tim Burke.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tim-burke-indicted-tucker-carlson-fox-news-kanye-1234973771/

quote:

Tim Burke, a freelance journalist and media consultant, has been charged with 14 federal crimes, including conspiracy. Burke was arrested this morning, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Rolling Stone obtained a copy of the indictment, which accuses Burke of playing “multiple roles in the conspiracy, including utilizing compromised credentials to gain unauthorized access to protected computers, scouring those protected computers for electronic items and information, obtaining and stealing electronic items and information deemed desirable, organizing and exploiting some of those electronic items and information, and intercepting and disclosing contents of wire, oral and/or electronic video communications.”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Docjowles posted:

I've been to CO Springs twice, and it's absolutely beautiful. Just a shame it's run by idiots (and if I'm not mistaken, there's a major culty religion that heavily influences stuff, alongside the air force base). Its sprawl is pretty bad, and you have to go to Manitou to by weed since CO Springs won't let weed stores in city limits lmao

Still, I'd go back.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yes, Focus on the Family is based there

There's also a very significant Olympics training facility. I sat next to a very, very tall lady with on one flight out of there who was doing something olympic basketball related. She said she wasn't on the actual team, but IIRC she was a coach or trainer or something like that.

You can get medical weed in the springs, so you just have to jump through the standard medical marijuana farce if you want to buy within the city. There's a bunch of medical dispensaries.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I've been to CO Springs twice, and it's absolutely beautiful. Just a shame it's run by idiots (and if I'm not mistaken, there's a major culty religion that heavily influences stuff, alongside the air force base). Its sprawl is pretty bad, and you have to go to Manitou to by weed since CO Springs won't let weed stores in city limits lmao

Still, I'd go back.

Yeah it is gorgeous countryside, just a shame that it is an ultraconservative hellhole socially. And yes it is home to Focus on the Family, whose main mission is the extermination of LGBTQ+ people and rights. Kirk Cousins is involved with them in some way, which isn't terribly surprising I guess but sucks.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

drat, imgur made their poo poo more annoying to get the i.imgur file.

Here's palette cleanser Toby and Zoey sharing a box in the sun. Zoey woke up because I came over to take a picture, so she's stretching. Yes there are two boxes next to each other, but the bigger one rarely gets used because Toby just lays on top of her instead.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah, my iOS shortcut for posting pics isn't working anymore, and I'm not technically literate enough to do a workaround.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Abugadu posted:

Yeah, my iOS shortcut for posting pics isn't working anymore, and I'm not technically literate enough to do a workaround.

Testing

Use this one, Abugadu: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/34a214b010ee42e49de3d7627709c8b5

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I get a fail on the upload part of the equation, unfortunately

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Abugadu posted:

I get a fail on the upload part of the equation, unfortunately

Weird. Are you logged onto Imgur through Safari?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The cats are mad because I forgot to get their wet food but I have satisfied them with a heating pad.

I am in a weird burnout phase and I have to take 56 hours of vacation or I'll lose it so I think I'm going to take a week off and randomly go somewhere.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

doggo #2 finally let me take her picture without turning away

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

doggo #2 finally let me take her picture without turning away

She don't seem too happy about it tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

She don't seem too happy about it tho

She's annoyed about the fuzz I took away from her. I bought the dogs some 'tough chewer' toys (you can see part of her tiger in the bottom of the pic) and they immediately pinpointed that the nose is a weak spot and ripped them open and started pulling fuzz out

e: the picture made me notice her nose is getting bad again (vet said she probably had distemper when she was a puppy) and now she's mad that I put vaseline on it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 23, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Cat update: my fuzzy boy ran off with part of my sandwich and swiped at me when I tried to take it away from. He's now hiding in the office where my gf is working since she'll indulge him.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Oh Jesus.

And to be honest, until she said that it was breast milk, I honestly thought she had used something else...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've already regaled the thread with my trip to Colorado Springs a couple weekends ago. 10/10 would visit again.

Housemate's traveling to Montana tomorrow and taking the dog too. Hopefully snacks are packed for the trip.