Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Xaris posted:

vaxxed and jealous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

The Oldest Man posted:

no it's absolutely <10% loving dozens of subordinates each just like how theres always a subset of predatory men that predate on huge numbers of women each and otherwise blend into society because no one cares

in my experience in the corporate world it's a big rotating fuckfest of unmarried (also married), young, (also old) people.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Xaris posted:

vaxxed and jealous?

No. I'm happy in my marriage and with my family. I'm not a pmc who is trying to fill an empty void.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

no it's probably a <10% loving dozens of subordinates each just like how theres always a subset of predatory men that predate on huge numbers of women each and otherwise blend into society because no one cares

that would make sense but that's not what this survey says

Gunshow Poophole posted:

strictly One Romance Per Person over a span of years, noted statistics-understander Aglet56 decrees

according to the article:

quote:

For some, the workplace has proved to be a decent dating pool. Of those who started a romantic relationship at the office, 46% said they had a relationship with one colleague, while 41% say they'd been in relationships with two coworkers. Fourteen percent said they've dated three or more people they met at work.

technically it could be possible for a middle manager to woo both their boss and one of their own subordinates, but there's no way for 30% of office workers to have a workplace romance and for 46% of those workers to have a workplace romance with their subordinates without about 15% of workers being managers who bone down with their reports

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

no it's probably a <10% loving dozens of subordinates each just like how theres always a subset of predatory men that predate on huge numbers of women each and otherwise blend into society because no one cares

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926175&pagenumber=3150&perpage=40&userid=0#post510349109

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Aglet56 posted:

technically it could be possible for a middle manager to woo both their boss and one of their own subordinates, but there's no way for 30% of office workers to have a workplace romance and for 46% of those workers to have a workplace romance with their subordinates without about 15% of workers being managers who bone down with their reports

I'm an odious internet troll and I had sex with my manager when I worked at a call center twenty years ago, everyone at work is loving except you

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i can only conclude that the august survey givers at Resume Builder are not the best pollsters around

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Aglet56 posted:

Sure it is. It's hiding in the "or more" demographic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

i can only conclude that the august survey givers at Resume Builder are not the best pollsters around

You are having an affair aren't you?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Aglet56 posted:

it's easy if they didn't sample evenly, and managers are simply overrepresented in who was polled. like statistics 101 poo poo here, no need for complicated theories

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

yes yes you called it. ill cite your post mla style every time i tell people how obvious this was.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Hoot, et all, 2020

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

silentsnack posted:

it's easy if they didn't sample evenly, and managers are simply overrepresented in who was polled. like statistics 101 poo poo here, no need for complicated theories

yes, but if this poll isn't a representative sample, then all we can conclude here is that sometimes people have sex at work

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

keeping my head low as I rush to my desk to avoid the torrent of bodily fluids

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

keeping my head low as I rush to my desk to avoid the torrent of bodily fluids

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

yes yes you called it. ill cite your post mla style every time i tell people how obvious this was.

Thank you. My dubs are endless

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
telling american workers that if they RTO they'll get laid might be the most successful rto campaign to date now that i think about it

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
1% of respondents refer to themselves as the office fuckpig.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xaris posted:

telling american workers that if they RTO they'll get laid might be the most successful rto campaign to date now that i think about it

Unless you're a woman in IT.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Mr Hootington posted:

You are posting in a thread that is 80% managers and they have all 100% have had affairs.

none of you have hosed

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

Airlines would weigh the women regularly

this is a sentence I’ve read before, and thought “those words can’t possibly go together and in that order…”

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm an odious internet troll and I had sex with my manager when I worked at a call center twenty years ago, everyone at work is loving except you

thread title?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Xaris posted:

vaxxed and jealous?

lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

My co-workers? No thanks.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I used to work for a design firm with about 150 people and i can name at least 7 married couples off the top of my head in the firm and even more people who were clearly dating.

I on the other hand am happily married but have definitely had creepers come onto me at after work events and its very terrible so please dont.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

[Doomsday Econ] everyone at work is loving except you

i am harry posted:

thread title?

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Nothus posted:

My co-workers? No thanks.

How about your posting pals?

The poster above your last post: gently caress, marry, or dump in a flaming tyre pit?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

that money was rightfully theirs

This is what small business owners actually believe

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
also congratulations to Hootington for Grabbing That Bag

NVDA UP 16%

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Free account upgrades for all, Mr. Hoot?

I'd offer, but my diamond hands are holding that sweet, sweet TSLA stock to the moon.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Work in a homosocial environment so this is never a problem*. Dudes rock.

* Except for the giant problems including the base commander/serial killer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this thread is actually pretty funny

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

Airlines would weigh the women regularly & they'd have to conform to these bizarre weight restrictions. You think BMI is bad? Welcome to the weight charts for airline employment that made me feel like a fat cow as a teen bc I was a massive 20 lbs over what this chart (as well as most weight charts of the time) said I should weigh:

(If you were under 5'3" you were ineligible to work as a F.A.)

Anyway, if any of you have older relatives who worked for the airlines as stews back in the day this is a good watch to see what they went through.

Oh man we have a family friend who worked as a FA for Eastern Airlines in the late seventies which was wild.

They used to say being a pilot was a "Cadillac Job" because you could buy a new one every paycheck. The partying was about as insane as you could imagine it, and the most attractive FA would get the international flights so they could party with the pilots on the layovers. The "24 hours from drink to stick" was more of a uh....suggestion than a hard and fast rule.

She never mentioned that scale, but said they had to be able to fit through a narrow ring or else they'd be put on probation until they could safely navigate the narrow aisles of the plane. This was the justification at the time.

She also joked that no one was overweight because they were all living on cocaine and cigarettes.

FizFashizzle has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Feb 22, 2024

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
few years ago i thought nvidia would go down kuz it appeared radeons were getting better again, like the old days. but i guess it was wrong. very wrtong... nvidia been stagnated for so long... so unfair...

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Well I was going to say there’s no issues with subordinates bc it’s a single sex workplace even on the academic and civil service side, but then I remembered there is extremely bad misconduct where the opposite sex is present. :(

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
loving bored of intel nvidia hegemony.. bring back the computer parts wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
since 2000 this has been the config:

intel nvidia: normies, probably better, way better drivers, more expensive. Just Works

amd ati: edgy, badass, needs more fans, water cooler, hacked drivers, insane power if you can master it, subdue their demons. epic gamer parts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Well I was going to say there’s no issues with subordinates bc it’s a single sex workplace even on the academic and civil service side, but then I remembered there is extremely bad misconduct where the opposite sex is present. :(

You know people can be gay or bi right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vice is dead
https://twitter.com/BenMullin/status/1760767165672607915?t=yvU0gsxm2EivPX-9CyuAPA&s=19