Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Well this is depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Jesus Nick

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Eagles could've easily upgraded at Head Coach.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Via Big Dom's agent...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

God Sirianni sucks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As a fellow bratty bottom I'm also useless without my Big Dom

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Worst thing I've ever posted

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Im reminded of that article which described him arriving to his birthday party riding a camel.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Im reminded of that article which described him arriving to his birthday party riding a camel.

I think that was the same as the absurdly expensive hotel room stories with his relatives?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I think that was the same as the absurdly expensive hotel room stories with his relatives?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13432433/adrian-peterson-suspended-reality

quote:

Peterson entered by a path from the front door of his house toward the main tent. Another parade formed in front of him to lead the way: first the fire-breathers, then the sword swallowers, then the snake charmers and the belly dancers and then finally a camel, rented for the night from an Austin zoo. By the camel's side were three men dressed as humble peasants, their eyes glued to the floor, and atop the camel was one man, Peterson, wearing a bejeweled Arabian headdress and a gold sequined jacket.

As the camel entered the main tent, Peterson's guests began to shout, applaud and take photographs. Out in the crowd were several coaches from Peterson's high school, some of his former teammates at Oklahoma, dozens of relatives from rural East Texas and Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. Peterson stood up on the camel's back to look down at them, and he seemed in that moment to resemble nothing of the flawed, damaged, disreputable athlete his friends and family members had been hearing about for the past year. He was a king. The crowd rushed toward him. The camel's handler worked to calm its nerves.

"Sometimes the best way to move on is to basically just try to forget the bad stuff, enjoy yourself and pretend like nothing much really happened," says Joe Davis, Peterson's cousin.

quote:

The children stayed inside his mansion under the care of a nanny as the party continued to build momentum past 10 p.m., then midnight, then 1 a.m. The Man Cave finally opened at a little past 2:30 a.m., and men played video games on a PS4 while a group of women who referred to themselves as "pole magicians" danced in lingerie at the center of the tent. The caterers brought out milk, cookies and then cereal. Sometime during the night, before the first guests began to trickle out at sunrise, before Peterson left with a handful of friends to continue their party elsewhere, Peterson and wife Ashley took a microphone and stepped onto the stage.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

It's in the top 2 or 3 things I think of when I hear his name. Just incredible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1760472148479525067

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Quoting for posterity :v

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

DC Big Dom was not available

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

It looks like the camel has a mask giving it fangs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kalli posted:

Adding this to my copy of TFF.xlsx

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I don't know why it bugs me so much when TV teams do their canned Walter Payton award reads but lol

Truly the Most Prestigious

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I don't know why it bugs me so much when TV teams do their canned Walter Payton award reads but lol

Truly the Most Prestigious

This does crack me up. The NFL trying the ol’ a lie told often enough becomes the truth. Not to diminish players contributing to their communities, but c’mon, nobody is getting into the hall because they won the Walter Payton man of the year award

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

DC Big Dom was not available

Can’t defend against the power bottom gap scheme

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Love that the guy controlling the coaches emotions could no longer do that because he was unable to control his own emotions

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anderson Koopa posted:

On top of that, camels also have fangs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Quoting for next week

Anderson Koopa posted:

Ok good I’m not the only one who was horrified by the vampire camel for half a second

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

post hole digger posted:

Love that the guy controlling the coaches emotions could no longer do that because he was unable to control his own emotions

When you bottle for two the pressure builds twice as fast.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
“pole magicians” is some Ray Smuckles LLC poo poo for sure

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Big Dom may not be the coach Philly needs, but he's definitely the coach they deserve.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

lmao

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

You’ve made pro-Patriots posts, so that can’t even be in the top 20 :v:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Hilarious that Nick Sirianni needs an Emotional Support Italian.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

fartknocker posted:

You’ve made pro-Patriots posts, so that can’t even be in the top 20 :v:

I mean, if your last twenty posts aren't your worst twenty posts what are you even doing with your life?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Should've had Big Dom at the Super Bowl so Nick wouldn't have been so emotional about the anthem during the game.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1760757406479294963?s=20

:omg:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Could the Tommy Townsend era be over in KC? Probably out of the Chiefs price range to keep him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Oh gently caress OFF

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I used to think the Andy Reid signing bad dudes narrative was overblown

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Oh boy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Of all the loving teams.

Whatever. Glad he's getting a second shot

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

a neat cape posted:

Of all the loving teams.

Whatever. Glad he's getting a second shot

If he didn't lose a step from a year ago till now, gg. Chiefs will always pin an opponent.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Oh gently caress OFF

Lol, drat

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

I think it was McVay who had some dude that would grab him to try to keep him from running on the field.
But not keep him emotionally in check lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Marklar posted:

I think it was McVay who had some dude that would grab him to try to keep him from running on the field.
But not keep him emotionally in check lol

McVay did have an assistant to keep him on the sideline, but I think he turned out to be some flavor of sex pest and got fired.