Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I believe I shall mald about this. loving scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

houthis thank you

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

I believe I shall mald about this. loving scum

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is the calmest the hitlers have ever been

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i guess they're also very mad ukraine is losing or something because they want endless war

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol at weka tying to get them to provide any shred of proof of mass executions of wounded Ukranians (abandoned by their barely functioning military) and meeting a brick wall covered in Sonnenrand patches

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a very racist, colonialist view. They also tried using Africa suffering to say the Yemen sanctions are bad.

blaming the sudan famine on the houthis sounds like pure pentagon messaging

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

tristeham posted:

blaming the sudan famine on the houthis sounds like pure pentagon messaging

just yesterday the us was claiming that aid to gaza was being stopped by the houthi sinking ships

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a very racist, colonialist view. They also tried using Africa suffering to say the Yemen sanctions are bad.

:whitewater: dont like this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

just yesterday the us was claiming that aid to gaza was being stopped by the houthi sinking ships

lol thats hosed up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Lol at weka tying to get them to provide any shred of proof of mass executions of wounded Ukranians (abandoned by their barely functioning military) and meeting a brick wall covered in Sonnenrand patches

Went and looked at the last page of that thread and don't like what I saw. They are furious endless war isn't happening and are now getting angry about someone asking where are the weapons going that get sent to Ukraine.

I wish people would try and learn anything. Just look what happened with the 80s afghan war.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Mr Hootington posted:

Went and looked at the last page of that thread and don't like what I saw. They are furious endless war isn't happening and are now getting angry about someone asking where are the weapons going that get sent to Ukraine.

I wish people would try and learn anything. Just look what happened with the 80s afghan war.

Been hearing and seeing this talking point from a few right leaning commentators. They think Ukraine may go the way Afghanistan after the Soviets left, causing instability in the region and blow back effects for decades after.

It is interesting how certain talking points to tend hit the media landscape all at once.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xaris posted:

:whitewater: dont like this

It is poo poo that many (glenn) were saying would happen. The liberals would use "woke" or "cancel culture" ie the suffering of some of the oppressed to say the oppressed are bad when they try to fight back.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I believe one of their most revered moderators had posted some opinions on Africa some years prior; one Vile Rat if I recall? ah well. my memory is ailing as I age, pay no mind to my idiot ramblings

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr Hootington posted:

Don't work yourself up into anger abput it. Nothing can be done except hoping Jeff wakes up and smashes them. Just laugh at the absurdity. :shrug:

he's totally fine with it when he is awake. the only hope is that koos continues to slowly but surely strangle d&d down to DV and his alts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mags posted:

Been hearing and seeing this talking point from a few right leaning commentators. They think Ukraine may go the way Afghanistan after the Soviets left, causing instability in the region and blow back effects for decades after.

It is interesting how certain talking points to tend hit the media landscape all at once.

Anyone with cursory knowledge of war knows this.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at weka journey from gbs guy to loyal cspam soldier because he tried to say china bad but not full throated enough

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at weka journey from gbs guy to loyal cspam soldier because he tried to say china bad but not full throated enough

Like Paul having the scales fall from his eyes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

patriots are in control

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DaysBefore posted:

lumpen bureaucrat jobs

Like a bookkeeper for a brothel?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

patriots are in control

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lib and let die posted:

patriots are in control

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

patriots are in control

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

my lepers colony browsing experience is being ruined please queue up some year long probes thank you

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

applied for five jobs today... now i shall game. farewell.

good luc

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

mags posted:

It's insane. They just refuse to acknowledge it. Ukraine was the most corrupt and poorly run country in Eurooe before the war started but now, after hundreds of billions of blank cheque military aid there's simply no way that something bad could happen. Bad things only happen after communists do it, surely there will be no negative repercussions from the stockpiles left behind in Iraq or Afghanistan (again lol) or Ukraine

What can I expect. A generation of Ukranian men devastated by a war they never had a chance of winning, an army with no ammo that hasn't had a real 'win' since the Russians voluntarily withdrew to solidiy their lines, a bureauacracy only barely kept functional by tax dollar donations from NATO citizens, billions in heavybweapons shipped to literal nazis, all of this is okay because the vile eastern slavs of Herr Putler's Fourth Reich are being pwned. 20-1 casualties everywhere, open source retards assuring the gullible morons that every tank west of the Urals has been destroyed three times over. More money, more guns, We Have The Technology, prolong the fight as long as possible to cause as much misery and death as you can because SS Obergruppenfuhrer Ukrainitsky of the 3rd Dirlewanger Brigade assures us that Sevastapol will be liberated any day now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

It's insane. They just refuse to acknowledge it. Ukraine was the most corrupt and poorly run country in Eurooe before the war started

thats unfair, it was moldova

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol i went and looked and even the made up corruption index puts moldova ahead of ukraine in 2022 :rip:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

moldova welcome to the resistance

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Mr Hootington posted:

Like Paul having the scales fall from his eyes

Acts 10:12 included Pangolins. It checks out.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a favorite poem of mine is the pangolin, by marianne moore

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

DaysBefore posted:

It's insane. They just refuse to acknowledge it. Ukraine was the most corrupt and poorly run country in Eurooe before the war started but now, after hundreds of billions of blank cheque military aid there's simply no way that something bad could happen. Bad things only happen after communists do it, surely there will be no negative repercussions from the stockpiles left behind in Iraq or Afghanistan (again lol) or Ukraine

What can I expect. A generation of Ukranian men devastated by a war they never had a chance of winning, an army with no ammo that hasn't had a real 'win' since the Russians voluntarily withdrew to solidiy their lines, a bureauacracy only barely kept functional by tax dollar donations from NATO citizens, billions in heavybweapons shipped to literal nazis, all of this is okay because the vile eastern slavs of Herr Putler's Fourth Reich are being pwned. 20-1 casualties everywhere, open source retards assuring the gullible morons that every tank west of the Urals has been destroyed three times over. More money, more guns, We Have The Technology, prolong the fight as long as possible to cause as much misery and death as you can because SS Obergruppenfuhrer Ukrainitsky of the 3rd Dirlewanger Brigade assures us that Sevastapol will be liberated any day now

just wait about 8 years or so. once the full consequences are evidently apparent you won't find many people supporting this. they always do this

my_custom_username has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Feb 22, 2024

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Xaris posted:

its very funny how many 80s movies were like "my boss is fuckin' me over man" and the whole town + entire police force gangs up to teach the greedy capitalist to be better people

And then the USSR fell and everyone had to admit the rear end in a top hat boss was right actually

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

there's no real reason for these guys to learn a genuine lesson from foreign policy failures because when the blowback happens it doesn't really affect them besides making them look dumb and wrong for a little bit

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Homeless Friend posted:

lol i went and looked and even the made up corruption index puts moldova ahead of ukraine in 2022 :rip:

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
does anyone remember the 2nd and 3rd couplets of the poem, man from nantucket

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
a billion in missing arms in the most corrupt country in the world is just a big Oopsie! mishap and pointing that out via “credible” western sources and media is peddling in Russian disinformation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

my_custom_username posted:

there's no real reason for these guys to learn a genuine lesson from foreign policy failures because when the blowback happens it doesn't really affect them besides making them look dumb and wrong for a little bit

it should actually be a law that if you cheer on the war in ukraine you should be legally required to join up

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Al! posted:

does anyone remember the 2nd and 3rd couplets of the poem, man from nantucket

-excerpt from rorschach's journal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Reinstate draft. Bing bong so simple service guarantees citizenship.