Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Speedboat Jones posted:

:lmao: holy poo poo, this story.

this story led to one of my absolute fave Chapo bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2eq-rpAUIw

lmao the Liberal Driller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Ouhei posted:

The optimist in me thinks they're doing this because they know it's the only time they can, they know they're going to be obliterated so their only hope to get the things they want is to do it now and hope it takes a long time to undo their mess.

It's possible. That's like the inverse plan of incremental change that the Dems pull. Instead, the GOP just throws everything in when they get the chance and hope apathy sets in before it can all be undone.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

no that's Louie Gohmert who resigned from Congress to run for AG of Texas against Ken Paxton lmao and also eats teeth, which is why he's so dumb

Louie Gohmert waited until he shat that tooth out, then dug it out and put it back in his mouth.

Many people are saying!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Awesome. Super glad. Looking forward to the next 8 months of people trying to pretend like Literally Overthrow Democracy And Replace It With A Closed Fist is the same as Man Old.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure she confused defrocked which is a real thing churches do and disrobed which is not something

I hate to tell you there are definitely churches that do that

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Zero VGS posted:

BMW drivers are subhuman scum OP

Most likely to have DUIs: https://www.autoblog.com/article/bmw-drivers-get-more-duis-than-owners-of-other-brands/

Least likely to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk, most likely to have road rage incidents: https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/ca/news/breaking-news/were-driving-rude--and-bmw-drivers-are-the-worst-43095.aspx

Anecdotally they've almost killed me when I was walking, when I was driving, and especially when I was cycling. When I get buzzed on a bicycle I don't even have to look, BWM every loving time.

The one time I didn't get abused by BMWs is when I started cycling with a crossbow slung to my back. So yeah I think armed response is the only language those apes understand.

That is really unfair, I've owned two BMWs and I am a good and normal driver.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/status/1760761957437599856

When they say this kind of poo poo, we should absolutely believe them

Yes but have you considered how much more expensive date night at Applebees has become?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

didnt Han do this but he still works , play, and now rents in NYC? (oh and probably during the summer months goes to some up state or New Egland rich people place)

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
commander using nap-of-the-earth nutsack biting techniques:

quote:

“The recent dog bites have challenged us to adjust our operational tactics when Commander is present — please give lots of room (staying a terrain feature away if possible),” an assistant special agent in charge of the Presidential Protection Division wrote to the team.
:911::patriot:

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 22, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

Tuberville can't tell you what entity of American government he is currently a part of, or how it functions

Holy poo poo, how are him and Vance able to run so far off the rails and be this insane? I thought the GOP Senate was locked down by Mitch's Vecna like grip.
The power of the corpse senator wanes as Biden waxes

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Nessus posted:

The power of the corpse senator wanes as Biden waxes

now Hunter is waxing it??

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I really hope that "we're gonna end democracy" video goes viral because that's fuckin insane, even for these fucks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but have you considered Biden is harshing my vibes and hasnt personally made me feel better?

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I really hope that "we're gonna end democracy" video goes viral because that's fuckin insane, even for these fucks.

The republican base as Jar Jar Binks, voting for an end to democracy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ImpAtom posted:

So, uh, I can't watch this at the moment (no sound) but surely there has to be some context that isn't literally saying you are going to overthrow the government in public.

He's kicking off his speech laughing and the audience is going "ho ho ho" and therefore iT's SaRcAsTiC you dumb libs

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dead on Arrival posted:

Disrobed...lol.

This plus DEFUND showing up 9 million times in that HFC platform doc or whatever it was

"Defund the police" taught them a new word and now they just bleat it over and over and over like a kid who learned a new swear

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham posted:

He's kicking off his speech laughing and the audience is going "ho ho ho" and therefore iT's SaRcAsTiC you dumb libs

What if we took away voting rights. Haha just kidding....unless

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

didnt Han do this but he still works , play, and now rents in NYC? (oh and probably during the summer months goes to some up state or New Egland rich people place)

Dr Han?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

quote:

“Even though the Court may have reached a different outcome given an independent initial review of the information, the Court fails to identify evidence that the panel exceeded its authority. Under the Court’s narrow review, it will confirm the arbitration award,” the judge wrote.

Lindell told NBC News last year that he could no longer afford to pay the attorneys who’d been defending him in defamation lawsuits brought by voting machine companies Smartmatic and Dominion Voting Systems, as well as a third lawsuit brought by former Dominion employee Eric Coomer.

“We’ve lost everything, every dime,” he said in a phone interview in October. “All of it is gone.”

Lmao this loving skroob

The guy who won the money was a chud too, he thought the data was legit and he entered the contest just to prove how right Mike was :lmao:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Data Graham posted:

This plus DEFUND showing up 9 million times in that HFC platform doc or whatever it was

"Defund the police" taught them a new word and now they just bleat it over and over and over like a kid who learned a new swear

i feel like this ties in with their shared narcissism. i had a lovely friend years ago who in hindsight was a textbook narcissist and he'd do this kind of thing all the time where he'd feel slighted by me saying something, didn't matter what it was but it was usually something that made me come across as more informed than he was in whatever conversation we were having, then he would try to shoehorn some word i had used in the perceived slight into some snide barb days later (something like "niche" or whatever) with some smirk on his face like he had owned me or something and had this conceit as if i know i've been owned and just wont admit it even though what he just said made zero sense in any context. seeing trump and his base repeat this behavior en masse for the past 8 year has been downright eerie to me

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

e: ^^ I know someone who does the exact same goddamn thing. gently caress.

Durf posted:

This is more a case of the AI models getting inbred and weird and collapsing on themselves after endlessly eating their own tails.

There seems to be a dawning realization that AI research has been supplanted by get rich quick schemes based on imitative/derivative algorithms and anyone promising a cognizant learning machine is lying.

Douglas Adams ought to have said (and probably did) something about how any collaborative data set involving humans (e.g. Wikipedia) will tend toward correctness, whereas any AI feeding on itself will tend toward nonsense

Something something entropy

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 22, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Data Graham posted:

Lmao this loving skroob

The guy who won the money was a chud too, he thought the data was legit and he entered the contest just to prove how right Mike was :lmao:

Lol

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Data Graham posted:

Jack Pozz also knows that there are legions of dumbfuck reply guys who didn’t pass middle school civics ready to flood any article/comment/story that calls out this blatant evil with the “:actually: we’re a republic” bullshit

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Data Graham posted:

MOOOOOOOTTTTTTHHHHHHHEREREERERR FUCKER.

Yeah that seems rather familiar behaviour. He just saw me for the first time in 8 years last week and finally (seemed to) realized I gave not a single solitary gently caress about him, his poo poo or anything to do with him and his poo poo.

He had ended up computer stalking people he knew that knew me. None of them talked to him either. For eight years.

So, what drug problem do we all think Melania, Melanib or Melanic has developed?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Junk posted:

i feel like this ties in with their shared narcissism. i had a lovely friend years ago who in hindsight was a textbook narcissist and he'd do this kind of thing all the time where he'd feel slighted by me saying something, didn't matter what it was but it was usually something that made me come across as more informed than he was in whatever conversation we were having, then he would try to shoehorn some word i had used in the perceived slight into some snide barb days later (something like "niche" or whatever) with some smirk on his face like he had owned me or something and had this conceit as if i know i've been owned and just wont admit it even though what he just said made zero sense in any context. seeing trump and his base repeat this behavior en masse for the past 8 year has been downright eerie to me

trump is like a lightning rod for self absorbed dum dums, he speaks their petty language, and tells them it's perfectly normal to hate everyone else because they are special, but also he's exsanguinated them of their cash, which is hilarious.

Data Graham posted:

:sever: that relationship will never get better.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Hazo posted:

Jack Pozz also knows that there are legions of dumbfuck reply guys who didn’t pass middle school civics ready to flood any article/comment/story that calls out this blatant evil with the “:actually: we’re a republic” bullshit
Honestly he seems happy to finally be able to say the quiet parts out loud.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Junk posted:

I guess their idea of a hobby is "maintaining the Internal Register of Slights" rather than, well, gaming or listening to music or caring for a pet. (Like a dog!!)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Three Olives posted:

peak 3o

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ElGroucho posted:

This IVF thing is terrible, truly terrible....

HOWEVER, less Alabamians is pretty good

People who can afford IVF can afford to have the illegal bits done out of state.

Hormones, testing, and even harvesting the eggs and semen can be done in Alabama, it only becomes a problem once they are mixed together. Probably some entrepreneur will set up a clinic on the other side of the Mexican border to do the bits you can't do at home.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

What if we took away voting rights. Haha just kidding....unless

I always wanted to know what would happen in their "republics" when it comes to choosing who gets to represent them in the government. Maybe they don't get a choice, who knows.

This kinda stuff always gives me a chuckle because it ends up becoming "what about my opinion" when someone in power specifically says "gently caress your hobby / job / lifestyle". There are countless stories of gun clubs and drag racing tracks, two sports full of notoriously right-wing idiots, squaring off against developers making ex-urban homes on cheap land. Developer buys cheap land, builds lovely McMansions for white flight republicans next to gun club / race track, and the residents sue the gun club / race track over noise and try to get them to shut down (which in theory boosts their property value). It's the greedy, rich, economically-right republicans versus the poorer socially-right republicans, and the poorer guys always lose, and the poorer guys are voting to make people loving them over even easier. :shrug:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Three Olives posted:

statistical outlier or you drive the i3

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Stink Billyums posted:

I tested that out with a couple of prompts and it legitimately wouldn't generate white people lol

a lot of tech bros were very mad about this. carmack demanded to see their prompts

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

People who can afford IVF can afford to have the illegal bits done out of state.

Hormones, testing, and even harvesting the eggs and semen can be done in Alabama, it only becomes a problem once they are mixed together. Probably some entrepreneur will set up a clinic on the other side of the Mexican border to do the bits you can't do at home.

I'm sorry are you talking about shipping because I want to be clear that this post to me suggests there is a mexican border in Alabama.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Strong Sauce posted:

a lot of tech bros were very mad about this. carmack demanded to see their prompts

Grok would never

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Stupid poo poo made by idiot chud techbros is incapable of producing things that don't make idiot chud techbros horny. What a scandal!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Stink Billyums posted:

I tested that out with a couple of prompts and it legitimately wouldn't generate white people lol

also i was able to yesterday:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I see it also doesn't understand how fingers work

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Data Graham posted:

Lmao this loving skroob

he'll donate it to trump lol

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

funeral home DJ posted:

I always wanted to know what would happen in their "republics" when it comes to choosing who gets to represent them in the government. Maybe they don't get a choice, who knows.

This kinda stuff always gives me a chuckle because it ends up becoming "what about my opinion" when someone in power specifically says "gently caress your hobby / job / lifestyle". There are countless stories of gun clubs and drag racing tracks, two sports full of notoriously right-wing idiots, squaring off against developers making ex-urban homes on cheap land. Developer buys cheap land, builds lovely McMansions for white flight republicans next to gun club / race track, and the residents sue the gun club / race track over noise and try to get them to shut down (which in theory boosts their property value). It's the greedy, rich, economically-right republicans versus the poorer socially-right republicans, and the poorer guys always lose, and the poorer guys are voting to make people loving them over even easier. :shrug:

This is happening to Laguna Seca, one of the most famous courses in the US. The track already has strict volume/noise rules.

In short, eat the rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ImpAtom posted:

So, uh, I can't watch this at the moment (no sound) but surely there has to be some context that isn't literally saying you are going to overthrow the government in public.
the context is always the same:

"i'm joking...unless, like me, you're also concerned about this very serious issue."

Junk posted:

these are the same type of people who shout "'you people???'" or "why does it have to be "black/white???" even when not discussing race because conversations are a fight to be won

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 23, 2024