Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

ILL Machina posted:

So jealous. Wish I could listen to them for the first time again.

Suggestions on which episode to check out? I'm new to this podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The Formulaic Objection Episodes and the series covering EndGame and the Obama Deception.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I know the wheels of justice turn slowly and Alex hasn't had to pay a dime towards the Sandy Hook families yet, but there's a growing sense of desperation in his broadcasts. I have to imagine his lawyers have given him a timetable of how long he's going to be able to stall, and watching that clock slowly tick down is clearly taking its toll.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The deposition episodes are what finally got me hooked after only knowing Dan and Jordan from the times they showed up on QAA

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Anything with wacky wednesdays

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Low-key love that the boys are such workaholics that they took Friday off only to drop a Sneaky Snake the following week

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
When does Dan first introduce and explain project Camelot? I want to start the journey with the very first mention

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rotinaj posted:

When does Dan first introduce and explain project Camelot? I want to start the journey with the very first mention

https://www.podchaser.com/lists/project-camelot-saga-knowledge-fight-107a4XhxIo

Full playlist here.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thanks! And thank you to BigRed, I did not know there was another multipart documentary. Endgame was…. A thing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Project Camelot was amazing to listen to Dan and Jordan process, but I was wholly unprepared for the rental agreements and the chocolate.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Watch your loving rear end with chocolate dude.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I've actually always wanted to know. Who is Farrel Rundus?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It’s not Daryl? I don’t know either though.

Also I don’t know why Jordan always mentions Tubul-cain when talking about sovcits, if we’re airing ignorances. I know vaguely he’s a blacksmith in the bible.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The Formulaic Objections episodes are all listed in the OP. They were a soothing balm for me as I'd just gotten to Alex's COVID/George Floyd coverage, and I could really feel my kettle coming to a boil listening to it. Hearing Alex and his loving clowns get fed into a wood chipper by two mean lawyers made me so happy.

I think... After hearing Owen Shroyer's depo, I think I might hate him more than Alex??

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

I think... After hearing Owen Shroyer's depo, I think I might hate him more than Alex??

I get that. Alex at least has some personality and charisma. The shreds of humanity in him are what make him fascinating enough for this show to exist. The talentless ghouls around him are just empty awfulness.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I've thought about updating the OP suggested episodes, but nothing truly monumental has happened since the civil trial resolutions. It's mostly just been Alex slowly unraveling and deteriorating. Which is fun, but not particularly noteworthy. Unless there are some banger or foundational episodes missing, I am holding off until Alex either mentions KF by name or pulls a R Budd Dwyer on live air.

Conceptually, a master list of episodes Alex detailing his psychic powers would be very funny, but I am too lazy to put in the effort. I'm just a premise guy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
If you're looking to update the OP, adding the Tucker/Putin interview episode to the list wouldn't be terrible if only to show that Dan can break down what other terrible people are doing beside Alex. Aside from that, I don't think Tucker coverage is going away from the show, either; if Alex ever does disappear, I can see Dan's coverage shifting to Tucker (in part) just because of the scale of what he's doing

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

I get that. Alex at least has some personality and charisma. The shreds of humanity in him are what make him fascinating enough for this show to exist. The talentless ghouls around him are just empty awfulness.

Harrison Smith, apparently, sometimes plays piano live on air. He did so on that KF episode about Joe Biggs.

It doesn't help.

You'd think it would, but it doesn't.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

BigRed0427 posted:

I've actually always wanted to know. Who is Farrel Rundus?

I think it was the name of a character in the Leo Zagami book or something like that. Leo episode is really amazing for the constant ramping up of insanity, if in remembering right

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Barnes is back, and every time I hear his name I think about Bill Ogden calling him "Bobby Bottle Service"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Project Camelot was amazing to listen to Dan and Jordan process, but I was wholly unprepared for the rental agreements and the chocolate.

Raptor trials on the moon is the highpoint of the podcast

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I'm always unreasonably annoyed by lawyers with lovely mics that they feel they have to shout into. Like, splurge for a mid-shelf USB mic at BB, it'll pay for itself in time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BigRed0427 posted:

*Price is Right loser sound*

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptcy-law/sandy-hook-families-vote-to-liquidate-alex-jones-bankrupt-estate

Edit: Alex saying "Party Time! Imma get all up in your guts" sends chills up my spine. Every time.

Would this include all the shell/paper corps and groups he has majority ownership of like the one that bought/owned all the storage food the info wars store 'bought' from?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
My current understanding is that the liquidation order applies to Jones personally. I think FSS is still in holding pattern for the moment.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Why? I thought they'd been declared legally indistinguishable.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
I loving hate Jordan, goddamn

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

El Fideo posted:

Why? I thought they'd been declared legally indistinguishable.

From a practical perspective, yes. However, the docket this was filed under is specifically the Chapter 11 bankruptcy, whereas FSS is the Chapter 5.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xakura posted:

I loving hate Jordan, goddamn

What is your issue with half of the content of the podcast that you should then probably stop listening to

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Jordan can be great, but if you transcribe some of his longer soapbox diatribes they are completely impossible to follow.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Jordan's good except when he's trying to make a point because he has no idea what the gently caress he's talking about and just spits bullshit he vaguely remembers seeing on twitter once.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Jordan's good except when he's trying to make a point because he has no idea what the gently caress he's talking about and just spits bullshit he vaguely remembers seeing on twitter once.

But enough about my posting

https://youtu.be/-me4UUQPTVg

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Jordan's main problem, beyond the shrieking is that he talks just to talk. 90% of the time when he starts talking, he doesn't actually know what he's about to say.

Also, the show is still quite listenable (but sometimes still frustrating) if you dislike Jordan. You just need an easily accessible [Skip 15 seconds] button that you can mash a few times whenever he starts screaming or rambling.

Dan is fantastic enough and Alex is interesting enough as a subject to make it worth it.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

My issue and probably something to do with Jordan's evangelical upbringing is he has lots of Black and White thinking. Stuff is brought to an absurd, perfect world area and Dan sorta scrambles to inject any sort of nuance.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Jordan's morally correct about most things when he starts ranting and easy enough to follow even if his ideals outstep his ability to articulate them and if you are mad about him you are just wrong.

Perhaps even a little silly, maybe a little dumb too.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I just view Jordan as Dan's vice or support partner. I imagine there's a vicarious outlet via Jordan for Dan.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mr Scumbag posted:

Jordan's main problem, beyond the shrieking is that he talks just to talk. 90% of the time when he starts talking, he doesn't actually know what he's about to say.

Also, the show is still quite listenable (but sometimes still frustrating) if you dislike Jordan. You just need an easily accessible [Skip 15 seconds] button that you can mash a few times whenever he starts screaming or rambling.

Dan is fantastic enough and Alex is interesting enough as a subject to make it worth it.

yeah i actually still like the show even though I think Jordan is like one of the most annoying people I regularly get exposed to

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

This latest episode is a brutal example of the manipulative monster Jones has always been and a good breakdown of it as always by Dan. The constant baiting of his guest leading up into the inevitable gotcha was like the slow buildup in a decent horror movie. Every answer the dude had inevitably fed directly into Alex's narrative, and he was more-or-less just an innocently excited promotor that, by the end, Alex had labeled an NSA elite lizard person.

No, wait, he wasn't even a person according to Jones.
A brutal episode that had me wincing when the guy would give an answer and I could feel Alex's joy at the answers and his glee in how he'd be able to twist them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah i actually still like the show even though I think Jordan is like one of the most annoying people I regularly get exposed to

I envy the quality of your social circle. I promise you that 5 minutes with my brother in law would have you yearning for Jordan.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wee Bairns posted:

he was more-or-less just an innocently excited promotor that, by the end, Alex had labeled an NSA elite lizard person.

No, wait, he wasn't even a person according to Jones.

The way jones was acting immediately after the interview was over was fuckin’ ridiculous, and his little impression of the guy made me want to dunk his rear end into a locker

Clown show poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I don't know if it's a 'fat' thing or a cadence thing but the way he blubbers his 'B's infuriates me, especially back in the day, when he had that lovely concern-troll lilt to his delivery.