Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Tiny Timbs posted:

Protip: If you're like me and keep losing the mouse cursor in the screen you can use YoloMouse to make it bigger

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1283970/YoloMouse/

You know you're getting old when you see something like this and immediately buy it. Thank you Tiny Timbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tiny Timbs posted:

Protip: If you're like me and keep losing the mouse cursor in the screen you can use YoloMouse to make it bigger

i have 6k hours in this game, it's very good

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tonetta posted:

1) that's really cringe

2) the game has been playable for years

The point is people are acting like the world is ending because they can't play on "release" day. They should have just called it something else and declare the "true" release date to be a week later. The servers problems are going to be unavoidable for any popular online game.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's currently the #2 selling game on steam and it's made by a studio that was, until their big hiring spree, what, a year ago? around 2 dozen people iirc

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Suprfli6 posted:

Looks like EHG is giving everyone all three bee pets for free due to feedback and issues with the friend codes etc. but not confirmed when/how yet.

Bees?!

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Volte posted:

I'm getting much quicker area transitions than yesterday with the occasional really long loading screen to make up for it. Overall very playable for me.

I am getting this weird garbled text on unique items though. Loot filter issue?

yeah I have this happen sometimes when I load a new filter in a zone, hitting X a time or to to toggle the filter always unfucks it at least

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Loot filter seems cursed, I've gotten like 1 good drop an hour.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man if they nerfed bladedancer in the year or so since I last played then I'm not seeing it. If anything it seems better now. This build loving rules

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Man if they nerfed bladedancer in the year or so since I last played then I'm not seeing it. If anything it seems better now. This build loving rules

Got a build linky?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Got a build linky?

I'm doing something close to this:
https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/shadow-daggers-bladedancer-guide

Quick note, specialize in Shift ASAP and race over to the Dancing Shadows node. Shadow Cascade is a blade dancer specialization skill (5 points), but that node will let you proc shadow cascades before you even unlock the blade dancer specialization. So I had the basics of the build online at like level 18 or 19

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The top two sellers in Steam right now are both really good games with really terrible online launches. Wonder how long it'll be before Amazon launches managed game backend service specifically to deal with this.

Here's hoping for some stability tonight.

bamhand posted:

The point is people are acting like the world is ending because they can't play on "release" day. They should have just called it something else and declare the "true" release date to be a week later. The servers problems are going to be unavoidable for any popular online game.

You can't win in this scenario. It's a paid product and the day it becomes available is the release regardless of wording. Whenever the flood comes in it's still going to come and expose every tiny bottleneck in your systems.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Zereth posted:

Profane Oblation is not Sacrifice and specializing Sacrifice won't make the spell exploding my skeletons cast by my skeleton mages any better, right?

That's correct.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Haven't been able much due to online issues but that is fine, there are even less reasons (as in, none) in LE to rush to the endgame.
Still wish the uniques I have in mind for my acid flask experiments to drop.

Volte posted:

I'm getting much quicker area transitions than yesterday with the occasional really long loading screen to make up for it. Overall very playable for me.

I am getting this weird garbled text on unique items though. Loot filter issue?

Krangled text is jumping games.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

its hosed again

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

its hosed again

At this point it's feeling a lot like it's only functional when there's humans actively restarting the broken things.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Swapped back to Falconer, totems are my favorite thing so ballista Falconer sounds so dope

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
They literally should enable offline by default via steam args with OPTIONAL online toggle in game

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Timbs posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you. Most of the time I don't have much trouble, but on some of the desert maps it's super easy to have the cursor blend into the background when a bunch of poo poo is popping off

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

it's nothing to do with talking to the servers because the regular offline mode talks to the servers, it's only the true offline that doesn't; and neither offline mode can use cosmetics.

That is quite literally the reason they have given in interviews as to why MTX are not available in offline modes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I can finally fulfill my lifelong dream of throwing like 10 explosive traps, detonating them all with a falcon dive bomb, then each trap throws a fire acid flask at the nearest enemy, thereby destroying everything (and consuming all my mana).

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I've decided to go all in on Birds Are Not Real and do some sort of weird shadow falconer build with umbral blades, smoke bomb (seemed like my best option for shadow generation), falconry, aerial assault, and dive bomb. Assault has synergy with umbral blade and dive bomb synergizes with the shadows from smoke cloud, which itself synergizes well with umbral blades. Falconry is just obvious. Why did you even pick falconer if you weren't going to take the bird?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

rolled an acolyte and wasn't really feeling it but i wanted to hold off until i unlocked the mastery and boy am i glad that i did because warlock loving owns

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't have friends in real life but now i have friends in skeletons

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

If there's one thing I want to see in every single arpg from now on, it's adventure mode. A close second, though, is getting rid of a long slog of leveled gear. I'll probably be waving around this level 5 wand until 50ish because nothing can beat the stats.

watho posted:

rolled an acolyte and wasn't really feeling it but i wanted to hold off until i unlocked the mastery and boy am i glad that i did because warlock loving owns

:hmmyes:

I can't wait for ridiculous ward shenanigans.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Loving the falconer, and it's not been a problem for my low skilled old man brain.
Bird going brrrrtraaap like a death from above A10 Warthog

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Campaigns in ARPGs are fine to me. The only campaign I would not like re-doing is the D4 one. Even though that one is somehow widely regarded as the pinnacle of ARPG campaigns so far, its a boring "run to the next NPC" fest with very little high intensity combat.

LE campaign feels very replayable so far, and the added dungeon skips are a novel compromise.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Haven't been able much due to online issues but that is fine, there are even less reasons (as in, none) in LE to rush to the endgame.
Still wish the uniques I have in mind for my acid flask experiments to drop.

What's your build / what uniques?

I'm just hamming my way through Acid Flask converted to fire + Explosive Trap + Falcon Flasks and it's working OK. Some mana issues, but not terrible so far

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 23, 2024

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

someone told me many years ago "last epoch is the diablo killer but it doens't have multiplayer" so I never considered playing

but now it has officially released with multiplayer, or at least they want us to believe multiplayer will work sometime soon so I bought it and started playing a mage. I am pressing button repeatedly.

Its cool, plays well and doesnt feel at all like poe which would suck. the systems are also quite comprehensive and simple so thats a plus too..

Does it have rotating camera? No

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rebind Alt-Z (toggle loot) to another key, went through three zones wondering :wtf: glitch was causing it. :argh:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Mailer posted:

If there's one thing I want to see in every single arpg from now on, it's adventure mode. A close second, though, is getting rid of a long slog of leveled gear. I'll probably be waving around this level 5 wand until 50ish because nothing can beat the stats.

You probably don't want to be stuck with the implicit spell damage and affix tiers of an L5 wand for that long, even on something like a minion build. You'll likely want to find a good enough higher-tier wand (or staff, or maybe scepter), shatter your old one, and transfer its affixes to make up whatever the difference might've been.

In general the crafting system is good at letting you turn items with a couple okay affixes into excellent gear while leveling. The main problem is just setting up the filtering to keep up. It's more trouble than it's worth for most slots, but keeping the filtering lenient for weapons so you can spot crafting candidates is a good idea I think.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Last Epoch protip:
If you buy Balatro then you'll have enough time to play a couple of rounds of that between every zone transition.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What are these fancy blue colored items?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mailer posted:

:hmmyes:

I can't wait for ridiculous ward shenanigans.

Adventure mode would be nice. I've noticed a couple of nodes on the map that offer accelerated, alternative leveling paths after completing dungeons like Lightless Arbor.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

What are these fancy blue colored items?

Special drops from Exiled Mages - those glowy caged dudes. They have a unique pool of experimental affixes that tend to be weird or niche but can be powerful on the right builds.

The cool thing is that the experimental affixes do function like normal ones for crafting and stuff—you can get exalted versions of the items and slam them onto legendaries etc

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Xerophyte posted:

You'll likely want to find a good enough higher-tier wand

I do want to find one, but the game disagrees. I've found a few where I could put up with it if I could just yoink one stat off of it but either that's not possible or I'm not high enough level for the glyphs to drop.

Horace Kinch posted:

Adventure mode would be nice. I've noticed a couple of nodes on the map that offer accelerated, alternative leveling paths after completing dungeons like Lightless Arbor.

Wouldn't those invalidate all the bonus passive/slot things you get from doing all the quests? No second character so I have no idea if they just give them to you. It seemed like an alt thing.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mailer posted:

I do want to find one, but the game disagrees. I've found a few where I could put up with it if I could just yoink one stat off of it but either that's not possible or I'm not high enough level for the glyphs to drop.

Wouldn't those invalidate all the bonus passive/slot things you get from doing all the quests? No second character so I have no idea if they just give them to you. It seemed like an alt thing.

There's a rune to remove a random affix or you can use a chaos glyph to reroll a target affix to a new random one.

The removal rune starts dropping early. I think the chaos glyph is later.

Nothing to target remove an affix, though.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 23, 2024

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Jack Trades posted:

Last Epoch protip:
If you buy Balatro then you'll have enough time to play a couple of rounds of that between every zone transition.

this is the play

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Im playing blitz games of chess on transitions, but this appears to only make me even more angry

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sab669 posted:

What's your build / what uniques?

I'm just hamming my way through Acid Flask converted to fire + Explosive Trap + Falcon Flasks and it's working OK. Some mana issues, but not terrible so far

Drought's Release (at least until I can think of a better main hand) and Vial of Volatile Ice, but yeah I could just convert the Vials to fire instead.
Also trying to decide what will be my last skill after Explosive Trap, Acid Flask, Falconry and Aerial Assault, leaning towards Smoke bomb at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I haven't been able to find a Vial of Volatile Ice :argh:

When you gamble Catalysts, are you getting the Base Item shown in the shop or can it be any Base? Not sure how else to go about trying to get one... Though I only just just joined the Circle of Fortune.

For my spells in using Net, Explosive Trap, Shift, Falcon Strike thingy, and Shuriken.

I could probably swap Net for something else. Mostly just use Shuriken for when I'm out of mana.