Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/thetomzone/status/1760833981904228508?s=20

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Benagain posted:

Thanks! It's always nice hearing about wild rear end drama I have nothing to do with and that makes the entire thing funnier
basically instead of letting selen leave in a neutral fashion, because she got legal representation, they decided they could not allow an uppity employee to go unpunished and fired her(she found out when they tweeted out the termination notice!) and then doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down day after day. Including having three of their top talents(and selen's "friends") read out a half hour long smear campaign livestream simultaneously alongside the first livestream back that selen/dokibird was having, and she had to stop the stream to discuss with her lawyer.

This resulted in all of the nijisanji talents losing tens of thousands of subscribers across the board, the nijisanji share price dropping over seven hundred yen which wiped out over a year's worth of profits, Goldman Sachs making a statement trying to calm investor fears, and the ceo of nijisanji making a statement about the situation, which is never a good thing to have to do.

It is the sort of situation that has pierced the veil of vtuber discourse and people unfamiliar/barely familiar with vtubers have started talking about it like moistcritikal, and there is a lawyer who weighed in on it to say "not only was everything nijisanji has done unprofessional in every way, but they have likely broken multiple international laws by sharing personal, legal, and medical information of selen's with other talents(for the smear campaign) and this entire thing will likely become part of legal textbooks of What Not To Do in the future", that's how badly they hosed up.

tldr: oppressive company tried to stomp out an employee for standing up for herself, blows off their own arm in the process. They lost at this point nearly 200 million dollars because they couldn't let an employee leave amicably.

selen/dokibird is doing better now though, I'm real happy for her. She has turned her schedule "stream" into a mental health charity fundraising drive and has raised nearly forty grand already.
yeah!

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Feb 23, 2024

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Holy poo poo that’s funny

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Captain Invictus posted:

tldr: oppressive company tried to stomp out an employee for standing up for herself, blows off their own arm in the process. They lost at this point nearly 200 million dollars because they couldn't let an employee leave amicably.

wait, are you telling me that barons cyber skull was in the right, and Victoria Brightshield is actually a corporate bootlicker who was part of an unprofessional smear campaign against a fellow vtuber/coworker? or am I just lost? in your original post you made it sound like barons cyber skull was being a weirdo and Victoria Brightshield had done nothing wrong. I feel like i'm gonna need hbomberguy to make a four hour video on this saga for me to understand this one post you made in the tweets thread

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Thank you for the explanations, the baron cyber skull thing is way funnier now.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DontMockMySmock posted:

wait, are you telling me that barons cyber skull was in the right, and Victoria Brightshield is actually a corporate bootlicker who was part of an unprofessional smear campaign against a fellow vtuber/coworker? or am I just lost? in your original post you made it sound like barons cyber skull was being a weirdo and Victoria Brightshield had done nothing wrong. I feel like i'm gonna need hbomberguy to make a four hour video on this saga for me to understand this one post you made in the tweets thread

I think BaronsCyberSkull was attacking a new employee who was not involved in the drama but is involved with the company that started the drama.

So their heart was in the right place but their rage was not as effectively directed as it could have been.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

DontMockMySmock posted:

I think I got that milord Cyberskull thought he was dumping on someone who participated in the smear campaign, but didn't, but was/is employed by the Very lovely Company and so was guilty by association?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DontMockMySmock posted:

victoria brightshield is just one employee of hundreds under that company, she is not involved, but randos(in this case BCS) are going after EVERYONE in the company for merely existing because of the selen tatsuki situation. only five people are known to be involved(Millie and Enna were named in the documents, Elira, Vox, and Ike were part of the smear campaign)

honestly I would LOVE an hbomberguy video about the situation once it peters out, since a lot of the breakdowns of everything online right now are incomplete or not entirely informed. like the moistcritikal video is a pretty decent view from an outside perspective but it's also 9 days old and poo poo has continued to happen.

Hyperlynx posted:

I think I got that milord Cyberskull thought he was dumping on someone who participated in the smear campaign, but didn't, but was/is employed by the Very lovely Company and so was guilty by association?
literally just guilt by association. it'd be like going after a coca cola delivery guy because coke is a heinous company

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Feb 23, 2024

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
It should be noted that the terminated talent has never once mentioned publicly that she was bullied by other talents, ever. The company just threw all her coworkers under the bus unprompted, causing a witch hunt on the internets

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Barons cyber skull also knew when to stop posting so I commend thee brave internet warrior.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The best time to stop posting is 30 years ago. The second best time is now

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

apatheticman posted:

Barons cyber skull also knew when to stop posting so I commend thee brave internet warrior.

Putting through a ban request for this sick filth.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

1stGear posted:

Dude's just practicing his Judge Holden audition and, imo, nailing it.

He reminds me of that TV preacher dude that looks like a goblin

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

apatheticman posted:

Oh so this is what you changed your user name to, cyber skull.

That clears that up!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

BrotherJayne posted:

He reminds me of that TV preacher dude that looks like a goblin

They all kinda look like goblins

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

apatheticman posted:

man and here i thought maybe she praised the Xbox One, the Third Xbox

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Mauser posted:

They all kinda look like goblins

I assume they're talking about Kenneth Copeland. The only other televangelist I can think of is Joel Osteen, but he's more rat like.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Copeland doesn't look like a goblin, he looks like a former cenobite who was kicked out of the group for being too creepy

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

He looks like the haunted mask from the Goosebumps books

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/teddie2pointo/status/1760384647455023417

https://twitter.com/garglemyballs_/status/1754704731987996920

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What a bunch of bullshit, the pleiadan fleets of ashtar sheran and ptaah weren't "in on the earth invasion", they channeled positive energy to shield humans from the malevolent Dark forces of the reptiles

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

What a bunch of bullshit, the pleiadan fleets of ashtar sheran and ptaah weren't "in on the earth invasion", they channeled positive energy to shield humans from the malevolent Dark forces of the reptiles

smdh at these uneducated fools

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol
https://twitter.com/joebuck125/status/1760523926986211501

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Subakeye/status/1760759249808834798

https://twitter.com/Subakeye/status/1501795131506241536

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Has anyone posted the sheep with big asses yet?
https://twitter.com/Kairo_Anatomika/status/1760529077415383263

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"I'm going to just outright lie about Esperanto on TV" is a hobby idea I guess.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's stored in their balls apparently. The asses look suspiciously like my own so there is nothing wrong with that

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's stored in their balls apparently. The asses look suspiciously like my own so there is nothing wrong with that

This Esperanto class is very confusing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

From now on in any political or conspiracy theory argument if someone calls me a sheep I'll have the perfect comeback. "Heh, yes, I DO have big balls and a phat rear end, thankyouverymuch."

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Fato estas storajxi en la ballojn

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Killingyouguy! posted:

Fato estas storajxi en la ballojn

Fate is stored in the balls? Do the sheep have Dicks of Destiny?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My grandaunt used to travel a lot - including but not limited to to Esperanto conferences - and she'd send postcards with a greeting in Esperanto at the bottom (Korajn salutojn! or something like that?) and when one came in with the other mail, whoever went to get it would go "hey everybody, Korgin Salutoin sent us another postcard!" and for some loving reason the basically-not-even-a-pun stayed alive until she died. Thanks for reading and Korgin Salutoin.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lobok posted:

Fate is stored in the balls? Do the sheep have Dicks of Destiny?

that's just what they'll tell you in the club because they tryna ram ewe.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Asses :smuggo:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/noahpasaran/status/1760927453244194865

kazil posted:

New Zealand, Wales, and Alabama must never learn about this

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kazil posted:

Yeah those are some tails alright

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Baadonkadonk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011