Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

symbolic posted:

if they're not legal in EDH i'm going to flip poo poo. i'm going to see red. jesus christ

they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

praise be

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ok i didnt think i would actually add any of these into my deck but the Command Tower art goes hard

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mr house was right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i made 200 dollars off a dark charizard holo a few years ago :cheers:
I went to my old high school's annual rummage sale(now gone forever thanks to covid) and there was the classic "shoebox full of cards" that were mostly pokemon and yugioh. nothing of value except 3 pokemon cards, three mint condition shinies that I sold for a grand. also there was this thing that I still have and love even though it's kinda disintegrating and doesn't work, it's still an actual Jolly Chimp:

Cthulu Carl posted:

I should probably do this with my Magic and Star Wars CCG cards
I traded a bunch of Actually Valuable magic cards for a bunch of Absolutely Not Valuable In Any Way star wars ccg cards because I thought darth vader was cool as a kid. your star wars cards are 99.99999% garbage and not worth anything

okay they might be worth like 5 bucks if they're super special but iirc there's only one, death star 2 emperor palpatine, that's worth anything significant like a hundred bucks or so

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
careful... that monkey is cursed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's my friend

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Having finally finished Dark Souls 2 recently, Shrine of Amana is far more unpleasant than any poison swamp in the series.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Captain Invictus posted:

he's my friend

[cursed monkey speaking into his cymbal secretly transmitting 5gb of data to his cursed monkey higher ups] I'm in

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
speaking of monkey

how about that Monkey D Luffy

one piece is very good. some might say better than it's ever been

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mr house is cool. my pick for vegas. get us to the moon sire

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
monkey d. chud

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

monkey d. chud

Really when you think about it, sea shanties weren't exactly woke were they...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

monkey d. chud
look at this guy. he took a bite of dum-dum

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's gonna be a poison swamp but a really pretty one.

So basically the Amazon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

speaking of monkey

how about that Monkey D Luffy

one piece is very good. some might say better than it's ever been

I have no reference but I absolutely loved the live action show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Luffy literally beats the poo poo out of racists, slavers and bosses who mistreat their employees.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MarcusSA posted:

I have no reference but I absolutely loved the live action show.
I regret to inform you that you have approximately one week to catch up on the manga before spoiler nukes start raining from the heavens

Oda mentioned that with the current arc things were entering the epilogue of the series, which will still likely be multiple years from now, but he's started to cash checks he wrote decades ago lately and he's insinuated some of the biggest mysteries are gonna get solved soon. and so far he has not disappointed

one piece is one of my favorite pieces of fiction, period, and I've been reading it week to week since...I think before I even registered on SA. I don't think binging it like people can do now quite compares to the magic of it chapter by chapter, especially with the current arc, and I'm really glad I'm able to be here as it comes out each week, it's really fun speculating where it'll go and being completely wrong most of the time. post timeskip there have been some lackluster sections of arcs(fishman island and dressrosa in particular had some slogs in them), but since the Wano arc it's been imo some of the best it's ever been, and Wano started...christ, in 2018. and the current arc is probably my favorite in the entire series

it's never been a better time to be a One Piece fan

e: the entire thing can be read on the viz app which is 2.99 a month, and lets you read 100 chapters of anything a day. probably the best value subscription I have

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 23, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
one piece is.... REAL

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's realer than it's ever been, friend

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Luffy literally beats the poo poo out of racists, slavers and bosses who mistreat their employees.

And then he eats gratuitous amounts of meat. So who can say whose worse

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The false onion knight is pissed if you kill the giants before getting to him lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the yobgoblin...

Fajita Queen posted:

yeah, Methanar sure was something else.

Leal posted:

There is a reason I stopped adding goons and really, anyone that isn't someone I personally know, on steam.

HonorableTB posted:

I had lowtax on my Facebook friends list for a while and he drunkenly hit on my wife once at a virtual bad movie night event we hosted during the pandemic. I banned him from future events and he sent me a really pissy DM about it later. Never again

:stare: its that common.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

monkey d. chud

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one piece is.... REAL

...ly bad

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I got about 200 chapters in and sort of lost interest tbh.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scarodactyl posted:

Thats like what, 2% of the way through?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

After playing disco elysium i am giving up politics posting forever, i see now what that does to you

E: also yakuza is really good like wtf? Started with zero now on kiwami 2 and this is great

welcome to adulthood. we're so glad you can join us.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

After playing disco elysium i am giving up politics posting forever, i see now what that does to you

E: also yakuza is really good like wtf? Started with zero now on kiwami 2 and this is great

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I got a few bucks selling my old MTG cards when I was a lot younger, but I started looking up the current values and I had to stop because wtf I could have bought a car now

it's not even super-old stuff either like Gaea's Cradles are worth $600 now lol

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

The way the game jumps down your throat on some of those dialogue choices is the best. "I don't want to say any of those things" Too loving bad!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I got a few bucks selling my old MTG cards when I was a lot younger, but I started looking up the current values and I had to stop because wtf I could have bought a car now

it's not even super-old stuff either like Gaea's Cradles are worth $600 now lol

Gaeas cradle was printed 25 years ago.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Scarodactyl posted:

losing interest in alabasta... not a good look

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think swamps got progressively easier miyazaki is getting soft

the DLC trailer has what appears to be a deathblight swamp, hopefully that's true and we'll finally have a swamp that'll kill you without even bothering with poison

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Paladinus posted:

*Larry the Cable Guy voice*

If you hate Jews, you might be an anti-Semite.

*standing ovation from the audience*

You buffoon! That was Jeff Foxworthy

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Soul Dentist posted:

You buffoon! That was Jeff Foxworthy

intelligence is knowing that was jeff foxworthy. wisdom is knowing that no one cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
true zen is remembering bill engvall was also part of that outfit, in that way he is like the final fantasy mystic quest of the blue collar comedy tour