Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

4. Baldur's Gate 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

7. La-Mulana 2

One of the best video games ever made. Time to try to figure out how to get into the dlc area.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

To Be Continued...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

7. Silent Hill 2 (PS2), 2/19

finished with the Leave ending, first time since high school

Still an incredibly good game and I have a feeling the remake just won't be able to live up to it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

19) super mario 64 (n64, 120 stars)

anyone ever heard of this

Nice...sm64 win.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

7. La-Mulana 2

One of the best video games ever made. Time to try to figure out how to get into the dlc area.

Glad you enjoyed it this month man.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

big penguin

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

No whats the story about

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

No whats the story about

it rips off portal

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ArfJason posted:

No whats the story about

peach bakes a cake

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Glad you enjoyed it this month man.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
5. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (1001% Completion)

Mamkute fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 19, 2024

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) A Plague Tale: Innocence
2) Dragon Quest 1 (GBC)
3) HI-Fi Rush
4) A Plague Tale: Requiem
5) Secret of Evermore
6) Granblue Fantasy: Relink (Final Chapter Credits)
7) Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (Immortal)

Really cool game, probably the best modern Metroidvania I've played right after HK.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 19, 2024

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

6. Astlibra Gaiden: The Cave of Phantom Mist

Hell difficulty, 100% achievements. Took ~24 hours to do. The new make-numbers-go-up systems are fun and the magic spam is even more ridiculous power fantasy than Revision. The ending is hype direct sequel inbound. I will definitely clear this on Impossible eventually.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

7) mario & luigi: superstar saga

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

7) Rune Factory 4

I didn't like the way recipe breads worked, but I enjoyed this more than Stardew

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

10. 20 Small Mazes

I was in two minds whether to even post this because it's a free puzzle game that took less than an hour to beat, but I liked it enough that I want to share. Exactly what it says on the tin but there are enough gimmicks to keep it interesting and I found the whole experience very charming.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
star ocean 2 second story R: really well done remaster, good poo poo all around. fast travel and killing random encounters make it much less obnoxious and chisato is still the goat

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
alan wake: combat that feels like a watered down re4 despite some punchy sounds and visual effects (firing the flaregun felt incredible) cant drag down the insane charm of a remedy game. Barry, the rock concert, the radio shows, the twilight zone parody tv shows, the mix of live action cutscenes and videogame that they would only get better at. just delightful. fun tribute to twin peaks and the kinda pulpy stephen king stuff. i think theres something missing with its themes of fiction/reality and alan's conflict, but maybe thats gonna be explored more in the extra Special episodes and american nightmare.
incredibly cool game.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Alan Wake rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis posted:

Alan Wake rules

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

Alan Wake rules

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

6) Yakuza Kiwami 2

calling this one done. I suck rear end at the batting cages but did almost everything else. story ruled, majima saga was great, most fun I've had with one of these yet. got a little more into the minigames, actually learned how mahjong and koi-koi work. Yakuza ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

like a dragon: infinite

great game, a big improvement on 7, although the main story and villains are much weaker.

its an excuse to have Kasuga go to Hawaii and Kiryu reminisce about the series, and thats the meat of the game and the meat is good. beating dudes up never really got old with the much improved combat, even if the only hard fight in the game is the optional dungeon boss.

ending:

Bryce is a loving moron. what was even the point of his character lmao. Even Ebina in his big final speech is like "Yeah i dont know what he was thinking lmao" ????????

It was deflating to beat a giant squid and Bryce only for the game to flip to Kiryu so he could take down the less important villain, whose plan has just been publicly destroyed. felt very forced.

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
not really considering it another game beat, but i finished both of the special episodes of alan wake, which means i consider this game truly beaten (im not gonna play on nightmare for the extra pages).

these two episodes were fantastic. its the most wild, surreal and inventive the game gets. not only is the imagery in top form, but it adds a lil extra gameplay twist, which the base game sorely needed, opening up some cool combat scenarios where youre lighting up words to make objects appear, including a clever one in which you spawn explosive barrels on a sloped hill, so you gotta be mindful of when to spawn them and where theyll roll, or clearing out the path for a lighthouse's beam to instakill enemies.
the ferris wheel setpiece is phenomenal, as was clearing up paths to go around a tornado, and the appearances of barry were a highlight.

it also finally tries to do something to tie some thematic elements to the character of alan wake, even though a lot of it felt inauthentic and out of nowhere, and it ends up being exactly that, just something to torment wake rather than truly speaking about his character and how the supernatural reflects those flaws. if those character beats had been sprinkled throughout the game (and they ended up being at least somewhat true) it could have made for a much stronger narrative and theme.
These two special chapters end up being basically the strongest the game ever becomes, and i cant wait to play 2 someday.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
3. p3r. unreasonably good remake of the best persona game. nothing more to say

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Swordquest: Earthworld

The guy who figured out how to reuse sprites on the 2600 while dropping acid was behind this so I thought it might be cool. Very early ARG where you had to find clues in the comic book that came with the game to figure out how to solve puzzles in the game to get clues MORE to hidden .stuff in the comic book and finally send the decoded answer to Atari for a chance to win a jeweled knife or some crap. Fortunately the game's a huge piece of poo poo so I don't feel bad about missing out on this opportunity. Nobody has yet figured out how you were intended to solve the puzzles which all consist of leaving objects in random rooms until two numbers appear on the screen, occasionally getting interrupted by the worst minigames I've ever played. 0/5. Can't wait for Fireworld.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

11. Lies of P (NG+1)

I managed to pick the option to fight Nameless Puppet this time. The game is fun but I am not good when it gets to NG+ on souls games.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

welcome posted:

Swordquest: Earthworld

The guy who figured out how to reuse sprites on the 2600 while dropping acid was behind this so I thought it might be cool. Very early ARG where you had to find clues in the comic book that came with the game to figure out how to solve puzzles in the game to get clues MORE to hidden .stuff in the comic book and finally send the decoded answer to Atari for a chance to win a jeweled knife or some crap. Fortunately the game's a huge piece of poo poo so I don't feel bad about missing out on this opportunity. Nobody has yet figured out how you were intended to solve the puzzles which all consist of leaving objects in random rooms until two numbers appear on the screen, occasionally getting interrupted by the worst minigames I've ever played. 0/5. Can't wait for Fireworld.
I bet I could solve all the puzzles

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

2. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Wish I played this years ago. It has a slow start but once you start unlocking skills and building a good party the combat in this game is fantastic. You can tell they ran out of time and/or budget especially near the end of the main game, but it's still really solid overall. Bitterblack Isle was one of my favorite dungeon crawls ever and was by far the best part of the game. I'm tempted to run through it a few more times, but DD2 is only a month away so I should play something else in the meantime. Everything about the pawn system owns. Strand-type games ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I still haven’t tried bitter black isle. Whoops.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's really fun. I wasn't expecting much but it seemed about as big as the main game with a bunch of unique enemies and bosses. Hopefully DD2 has something similar.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
3) Ninja Five-O

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sourdough posted:

3) Ninja Five-O

gently caress yeah man

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

6b. Yuffie DLC 100% trophies. The hard mode fort Condor battles, the hard mode fights w/ scarlet, the final boss and the VR super boss challenge were all tight. I think Weiss was the only overtuned post game challenge, I just used cheese strats. Although I probably would have had more patience to try different strategies if I had my PS4 save w/ tons of maxed out materia from my plat grinding. No time for that with rebirth just five days away!!!!! Let's loving gooooooo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

gently caress yeah man

i picked it for the game club :cheersdoge:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I beat Microsoft Solitaire Collection

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just in time for pocket card jockey.