Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Jackie Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Nichael posted:

https://x.com/TheAVClub/status/1760605645051662578?s=20

wowww what a shock that a 1 to 1 remake of a story that is already perfect sucks poo poo

they also completely neutered Sokka’s character growth

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Titanic was much better than the source material

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

the milk machine posted:

well the sequel with the billionaires in a carbon fiber sub was loving lit

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

the milk machine posted:

Nonsense. Unlike the source material the film didn't kill a single Astor.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no way I could find it now but I posted something itt a few months ago about activist investors at A24 getting antsy on ROI. whoops it's a for-profit company like every other one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
9/11 was better than Debt of Honor

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

because if theres anything i want people to think of when im marketing a movie based on the hit video game borderlands its the 2003 disney kid adventure flick holes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Erik_Hayden/status/1760704574921273850?s=20

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
wha'ts that movie that's just a standard romcom for the entire runtime and then the ending is the main character in the world trade center when it gets 9/11ed

i think team edward is in it. i haven't seen it but it's a good adaptation of 9/11

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

because if theres anything i want people to think of when im marketing a movie based on the hit video game borderlands its the 2003 disney kid adventure flick holes

Misread this as:

2003 disney kid adventure "flick holes"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Remember Me

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

it's full circle because holes was based on atari e.t.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

WeaponX posted:

he’s a good case of simply being too handsome to be a leading man. because he has the perfect look with no rough edges- he comes off as smarmy, like a caricature of a dashing leading man.
he was pretty good in sex drive as the big bigoted brother with a secret, pretty good for that kind of role.

MacheteZombie posted:

the thing 1982 is one of the best movies ever

you know why? no broads!

that's not really the reason but there aren't a lot of movies that don't even have a single woman. unless you count the chess machine that macready destroys physically when it beats him intellectually

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
actually the Thing itself is female; the film is about man's subconscious fear of being subsumed by the powerful energy of the female dragon of chaos

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
that reading works even better with Predator

credit where credit is due: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024196&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=predator,female&pagenumber=167#post537596358

Aglet56 has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Feb 22, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

9/11 was better than Debt of Honor

lmfao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

drat, that owns

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

speaking of things that didn't need a reboot

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760455935237980445?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hulu today announced the series order for half-hour comedy “Chad Powers,” from co-creators and executive producers Glen Powell and Michael Waldron. Eli Manning serves as executive producer along with Omaha Productions’ Peyton Manning, Jamie Horowitz, Ben Brown and ESPN. Waldron and Adam Fasullo are producing for Anomaly Pictures. The series stars Powell, who is also co-creating, co-writing and executive producing under his production co-banner Barnstorm Productions. It hails from 20th Television.

When bad behavior nukes hotshot QB Russ Holliday’s college career, he disguises himself and walks onto a struggling Southern football team as the talented, affable Chad Powers. Based on the sketch produced by NFL Films and Omaha Productions that aired on ESPN+ as part of the Eli's Places series, the half-hour comedy from 20th Televison will stream on Hulu. Powell and Waldron co-wrote the pilot.

Said Powell and Waldron: “We’re both diehard college football fans. When we saw Eli as Chad Powers, we knew that was the way into a big, fun story about this world. We’re excited to be part of this team, and can’t wait to get Chad in the game. Think fast, run fast.”

“The love for Chad Powers has surprised me in spectacular ways,” said Eli Manning. “I played 16 years in the NFL, but now when I’m in a restaurant or walking through an airport, it’s not uncommon for fans to scream, ‘Hey Chad!’ I’m so excited to team up with my friends Glen Powell, Michael Waldron and Omaha Productions to continue to tell the Chad Powers story and see what he does next.”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Eli really is a Chad

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sorry, the only Powers I have room for in my life is Kenny.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eli is such a weird case for me because from 2004-2020 I loving hated him and everything about him and thought he was stupid and ugly and boring, and then about 6 weeks after he retired he became one of my top 5 favorite celebrities. I love the guy and am always glad to see his interviews or on MNF or even in commercials and look forward to his hall of fame induction. if Eli is in the show at all I'll give it the 3 episode test

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

glen's right

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ArmedZombie posted:

glen's right

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I met the Avatar guys through a friend who went to RISD. They are exactly the type of white guys who you would expect to make Avatar.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

good writers, you mean?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WeaponX posted:

he’s a good case of simply being too handsome to be a leading man. because he has the perfect look with no rough edges- he comes off as smarmy, like a caricature of a dashing leading man.

Kinda works in Sonic where he's a small town sheriff who spends more time doing odd jobs to help people and talking to his donuts.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also 30 rock where he plays a himbo sugar baby

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't know why but I feel like Marsden was the previous generation's Tom Holland

like I get the same vibes from Holland that if he doesn't stop trying to be an action star and start taking some weirder roles that he's just gonna disappear

he really can't carry a movie, that's why they had to give him RDJ and Gyllenhaal to prop up his spider man movies

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

the milk machine posted:

Clueless is better than Emma and Ten Things I Hate About You is better than taming of the shrew

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Marsden's great in Westworld, which is an example of a remake that is better than the original, and is Good, Actually, even the bad ending, also good.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Does anyone else constantly mix up Marsden and James Marsters or is that just a me thing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

DOON

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

princess bride lookin' mf on the left

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

robocop 3 > robocop remake

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
shakeing my head at the extremely gullible cuck chair posts from several pages ago

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

exmarx posted:

shakeing my head at the extremely gullible cuck chair posts from several pages ago
when i read something about a cuck chair my first thought is: i gotta get to the bottom of this. the veracity of the cuck chair situation is realyl important to me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

exmarx posted:

I was mostly focused on making fun of Australians personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

exmarx posted:

Oh yeah that's totally unbelievable what kind of freak animator would insert their own fetish into a children's cartoon? Surely there's not a well known example that will be posted in reply to this