Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

THE BAR posted:

I genuinely like his content. RLM thread and all that, but I truly wouldn't have known it existed without him posting it here. He's a funny guy! Funny guys are good to have!

Go make an XJAKK fan club thread and post there.

He was humored here for years beyond all reason, and allowed to shamelessly self-promote and attention seek. This thread owes him absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I also have an opinion on XJAKK

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
his non video posts were good/fine and i never watched his videos. unfairly run out imo.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Rich Evans.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LanceHunter posted:

Yikes. Sadly, I have a feeling I know what 40% of the people at Burning Man 2025 will be wearing now.

Lol at anyone going to BM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the people who get mad at non-RLM stuff getting posted in this thread post about ten times more about the non-RLM stuff being posted than the people posting non-RLM stuff post non-RLM stuff.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

LanceHunter posted:

Yikes. Sadly, I have a feeling I know what 40% of the people at Burning Man 2025 will be wearing now.

I hope they all wear zendaya’s armor suit thing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tunicate posted:

I watched mission impossible 2 recently and thought 'oh wow this is a fun breezy movie, starts in-media res in a heist like normal MI movies, doesn't overexplain things, really short runtime, I wonder why it has such negative reviews?'

turns out several years back I had previously watched it partway through, abandoned it for being bad, but amazon remembered where I left off

lol that owns

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The XJakk and Jenny thread is gonna take these forums by storm. The revolution starts, now!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

the people who get mad at non-RLM stuff getting posted in this thread post about ten times more about the non-RLM stuff being posted than the people posting non-RLM stuff post non-RLM stuff.

Yet it's still an order of magnitude less than the posting by the people bitching about how the the people who get mad at non-RLM stuff getting posted in this thread post about ten times more about the non-RLM stuff being posted than the people posting non-RLM stuff post non-RLM stuff.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's crazy they got such big names for the Borderlands movie. It would've been bizarre at the height of its popularity but it's years late now. I didn't even know it was being made until I saw the trailer on YouTube.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's crazy they got such big names for the Borderlands movie. It would've been bizarre at the height of its popularity but it's years late now. I didn't even know it was being made until I saw the trailer on YouTube.

A lot of weird choices, I'll probably end up watching it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

Two of the biggest names, blanchett and black, worked with Eli Roth in that movie the house with the cock and balls

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Oh God, The Dark Backward? I suffered through that maybe a year and a half ago and it was one of the most unappealing movies I've ever seen. Almost actively painful to endure. I was on the night shift with our newborn, and the most fun I had during the movie was when I had to pause in the middle to make a bottle and change his diaper after a blowout.

I saw it once as part of a Family Video 3/$1 blind rental (along with The Reflecting Skin and Cemetery Man) in my teens and it must have left an impression because of those three it’s the one I bought on impulse a few years ago. I keep meaning to rewatch it, but never do. Never feels like the right time.

Wasn’t there something notable about it, like the writer was super young?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

I saw it once as part of a Family Video 3/$1 blind rental (along with The Reflecting Skin and Cemetery Man) in my teens and it must have left an impression because of those three it’s the one I bought on impulse a few years ago. I keep meaning to rewatch it, but never do. Never feels like the right time.

Wasn’t there something notable about it, like the writer was super young?

That is one hell of a weird triple feature.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

That is one hell of a weird triple feature.

The Family Video in Park Forest was the effing best. I got the weirdest movie education from their $1, 2/$1, and 3/$1 section.

Related, Cemetery Man is streaming on Shudder atm.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Rip Family Video. Now they're all fitness centers or CBD vape shops.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Crescent Wrench posted:

Yet it's still an order of magnitude less than the posting by the people bitching about how the the people who get mad at non-RLM stuff getting posted in this thread post about ten times more about the non-RLM stuff being posted than the people posting non-RLM stuff post non-RLM stuff.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like star bores

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's so weird to me that it took 100+ years and a worldwide pandemic for the industry to figure out that people like reissues of past films. like until home video, we accepted as a society that you play a movie when it's released and then it's gone forever. it seems so rudimentary to just play the hits again on the big screen, it's free money

it's been great seeing classics up on the big screen but I feel like I'm spoiled because I don't even want to watch my blurays on my dinky flat screen. I can't afford a home theater though :(

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

reissues used to be common, it was home media that killed them. I saw most of the Disney classics in cinema before they were on VHS.
Disney was super reluctant to release them on VHS, thinking it would reduce their "brand prestige", until they discovered how much money it made so they released them all plus straight to VHS shovelware sequels.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm spoiled by living in New York so I've always had access to cool theaters doing all kinds of repository films. Anecdotally I do feel like I've seen bigger chains and multiplexes advertising more retro screenings, but I'm not at those kinds of theaters often enough to say for sure.

CocaineTrain
Feb 23, 2024
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68379239

Pamela Salem, actress who played Miss. Moneypenny in the unofficial James Bond film Never Say Never Again is no longer living.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well at least we'll always have this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You want to bet on a dude loving an alligator or maybe like a crocodile or something I mean we've got the imported poo poo from Africa thoseguysjustshoweduponedaywithacrocodile and I was like "Holy gently caress dude is that from Australia or Africa or some poo poo?!? That's like a million years of evolution right there youeverthinkaboutthat? Like that alligator is the same as the alligator the cave men got eaten by like 2 million years ago and here we are trying to bet on loving it and in a million years the alligator will be the same and we'll all be dead right? Crazy poo poo just how insignificant we are in the long runyou know man youknow?" -- CocaineTrain

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

colonelwest posted:

Go make an XJAKK fan club thread and post there.

He was humored here for years beyond all reason, and allowed to shamelessly self-promote and attention seek. This thread owes him absolutely nothing.

Hall monitor bitch lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This thread is for battling now

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Crescent Wrench posted:

I'm spoiled by living in New York so I've always had access to cool theaters doing all kinds of repository films. Anecdotally I do feel like I've seen bigger chains and multiplexes advertising more retro screenings, but I'm not at those kinds of theaters often enough to say for sure.

I think the word you're looking for is repertory.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think the word you're looking for is repertory.
suppository

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

mystes posted:

suppository

Bend over and I'll show you.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mozi posted:

well at least we'll always have this

Lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

We're getting experimental here. Taking RLM posting to strange new places

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

After what seems like the last 2000 pages or so, that one constant rereg dude posting "Minor celeb/unknown actor died" almost seems like a palate cleanser

Also legit RIP Pamela Salem, you were actually a pretty good actress (and rather foxy), at least in the one 1970s Doctor Who story you guest starred in that I saw :rip:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

the diametric opposite of monique.gif

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

god drat no mods no masters tricked me with kind words and stole my escape craft

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I think I’d prefer a more dynamic, grounded rlm thraed

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

The thread should always be locked, save for a 24 window after a new rlm video drops, then when it opens you’re allowed to post once, and you’re allowed to select from a list of pre generated responses (I liked this/I hated this/*in Richard voice* Myyyyyyyyyy HIV!)

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

That DICK! posted:

Hall monitor bitch lol

Yeah no poo poo

Lets figure out a way to run this guy out of the thread too, xjaxx is a legit dude unlike this wanker

And apparently that's what this thread is about now, having posting enemies you run out

Goddamn this is such poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

god drat no mods no masters tricked me with kind words and stole my escape craft

come to think of it, I've never seen you and nmnm in the same room together. curious.