Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
drink coffee straight out of the pot, pour it directly onto your heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQetrbizck

a what a snipe. Im on cup 2 of lavazza drip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
heading downstairs to make coffee

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

mags posted:

Watch out for the lava

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

mags posted:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

mags posted:

good.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

thank you it was a delicious cup of coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

mags posted:

thank you it was a delicious cup of coffee

You're welcome.

Having one right now. New beans. Many new beans.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

haveing hotel coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

luv2shit posted:

haveing hotel coffee

Have you got the little Mr Coffee in your room? Those are fun.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Karach posted:

Have you got the little Mr Coffee in your room? Those are fun.

its a pod machione called chulux or something. i didnet see teh coffee pods at first only the tea but then i found the coffee drawer and now im drinking my second coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
chudlux coffee

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Karach posted:

chudlux coffee

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
A way to make coffee even more political is to tell the lady at Starbucks that your name is Trump 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

A way to make coffee even more political is to tell the lady at Starbucks that your name is Trump 2024
gonna tell the barista my name is Bandera Navalny

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Karach posted:

chudlux coffee

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

gonna try this tomorrow in the dirtiest of time zones, mountain time.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

coffee - workout - coffee

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
as someone who's only ever had 3-in-1 instant coffee, I finally learned how to make brewed coffee from a coffee maker four days ago, and have been drinking a cup with breakfast ever since

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

as someone who's only ever had 3-in-1 instant coffee, I finally learned how to make brewed coffee from a coffee maker four days ago, and have been drinking a cup with breakfast ever since

welcome to flavor country

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

:synthy:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's so good. Love to sit down at my computer with a nice hot cup of coffee, open up an ebook, and start highlighting

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:coffeepal:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i've been making it with a stovetop percolator but it's such a time consuming process I think I may invest in a nice (no plastic parts) coffee maker

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

i've been making it with a stovetop percolator but it's such a time consuming process I think I may invest in a nice (no plastic parts) coffee maker

get a vacpot and pretend you're doing coffee science

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Welcoming people to flavour country while still stuck in customs, smdh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Karach posted:

Welcoming people to flavour country while still stuck in customs, smdh

stovetop percolator coffee is good it's just slow + has delicate glass parts so you need to be careful

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

stovetop percolator coffee is good it's just slow + has delicate glass parts so you need to be careful

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

I've never seen one of these, got a link?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Karach posted:

I've never seen one of these, got a link?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/746022872

the one on the right is pretty close to the one I have. my mom always used them growing up and I like watching the first few drips of coffee slowly infect the water

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

https://www.etsy.com/listing/746022872

the one on the right is pretty close to the one I have. my mom always used them growing up and I like watching the first few drips of coffee slowly infect the water

ok Pyrex cookingware is always good, and these are quite beautiful in their own way. actually looks like they would do a good job at insulating the coffee and not boiling it, too. but it must take forever to heat up.

percolators always make me think of the bunker fuel coffee my grandma used to make with a plug-in percolator. it would sit there on sundays, hissing and spitting, filling the house with a burned rubber smell as it transformed folger's grounds into bitter goo.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I drank 2 ice lattes today :shobon:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Chewbecca posted:

I drank 2 ice lattes today :shobon:

Keep up the good work.

Over here, the sun rises over flavour country, which remains free (of bad tastes).

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I went to bed past 2 AM last night, and then work roused me from sleep at 8

good thing I could prepare a cup of coffee to perk me up!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have to save up to (hopefully) get my Rancillo Silvia fixed or replaced, so in the mean time Im relying on the simple moka pot using this video to get decent pours from it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PeYeiqPLU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have to save up to (hopefully) get my Rancillo Silvia fixed or replaced, so in the mean time Im relying on the simple moka pot using this video to get decent pours from it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PeYeiqPLU

good vid. I've never gotten good results from my Bialetti, but this method seems sensible. Gonna try it out tomorrow.

the brew temps you're hitting (high 90s C) seem like they're more suited for light roasts, especially given the amount of time the hot water stays in contact with the puck. Downsides are that there's still a lot of fussing to get a brew, and you're using a lot of coffee for a single serving with a regular-sized moka pot.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have to save up to (hopefully) get my Rancillo Silvia fixed or replaced, so in the mean time I’m relying on the simple moka pot using this video to get decent pours from it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-PeYeiqPLU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I have a Drew Barrymore grinder
I have a Drew Barrymore brewer
I have a combination Drew Barrymore grinder/brewer

Tasting notes: reedy, with a dusty finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIY-qWO3q9Q

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I used one of those in Paris and the grounds spilled in the sink and we were staying on the top floor of an apartment block and after that the sink wouldn't drain and the toilet wouldn't flush

great coffee though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Moka pot supremacy

get a stainless one because aluminum gives you Alzheimers or something

anyway, made a mocha with a lungo espresso and some instant chocolate milk powder, a bit of water and some milk 8/10