Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Australian lesbians are extremely deadly and not to be taken lightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Drop lesbians

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Down under they call lesbians "Sapphos"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Sees a woman hug another woman: "ahhhhhh bein a bit sapphy ain't ya darl"

Except saffie is already a slur we have for Afrikaners so that doesn't work

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 22, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Do you come from a Hand Down Under?
Where women groan, and men wonder

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Australian lesbians are venomous.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

drat, I just checked the schedule and Drive Away Dolls is in theatres today. I've heard zero buzz and seen like one trailer. They're sending that poo poo out to die. Those two need to relink cause this solo thing ain't working so well

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve gotten some YouTube trailers for it, it looks pretty bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Running time: 84 minutes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

drat, I just checked the schedule and Drive Away Dolls is in theatres today. I've heard zero buzz and seen like one trailer. They're sending that poo poo out to die. Those two need to relink cause this solo thing ain't working so well

feels like there was way more marketing before they pushed the release date back due to the strike, then they just forgot to do more marketing for the new release date?

I'm looking forward to it but I have been seeing that same trailer for over half a year now and it's pretty tiring even if it is a solid trailer.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Just applied for tickets to an IMAX screening of DUNC 2 on Tuesday. Here’s hoping!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Deadloch was an entertaining Australian show featuring lesbians and murder.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gaius Marius posted:

I really liked Drive Away Dolls when I saw it a few months ago.

It doesn't have a crazy plot or anything, but I thought it was just a really enjoyable romp. Margaret Qualley is also dreamy af.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Peccadillo posted:

Might’ve mentioned this but there were two episodes of Peppa Pig that were banned in Australia. One in which Peppa Pig learned that spiders aren't scary and the review board was like "nope don't gently caress with those" and one where Peppa Pig meets a lesbian couple and the review board was like "nope don't gently caress with those"

Are australian lesbians as poisonous as Australian spiders?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Are australian lesbians as poisonous as Australian spiders?

I think you mean venomous. :viggo:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No I dont

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Then the answer is yes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

*Richard Attenborough voice* Venomous, twice the size of their European counterparts, able to reach speeds over 30 kilometers per hour, and intensely territorial, the Australian lesbian is one of the most dangerous mammals in the world.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lmao that Police Story 2 starts basically immediately after 1 with Chan's superiors going "Do you know how much property damage you did? You could have taken the stairs, that was an expensive chandelier!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/HaroldLaptop/status/1760849693083418935?t=-lL9a4o-nLbKuNx5lF2eyg&s=19

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Paul Giamatti's Criterion Closet Picks. What a voice on that dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANxxsFUojco

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Paul Giamatti's Criterion Closet Picks. What a voice on that dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANxxsFUojco

Wonderful. I think the reason a lot of successful actors are successful is because they have great voices (and know how to use them). I wasn't aware of that series - it's great!

Just watched the Dafoe one. Man, I love him.

therattle fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 23, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

therattle posted:

Wonderful. I think the reason a lot of successful actors are successful is because they have great voices (and know how to use them). I wasn't aware of that series - it's great!

It's a large part of professional drama training. My wife got a theatre degree from NYU Tisch and she can do The Voice on me like a Bene Gesserit

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a large part of professional drama training. My wife got a theatre degree from NYU Tisch and she can do The Voice on me like a Bene Gesserit

No doubt! But it helps to have a good, distinctive voice to begin with. (I think I made a related comment recently about how many animations have high-profile actors, and it's because of their excellent voices).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
For sure, it's a feedback loop kinda thing

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Robert Pattisson isn't in anything that's officially planned to come out in the next few years it seems and that makes me not super happy.

My favourite story of his which I admit he may well have made up but it's funny regardless was that he had a stalker while filming in Europe and after getting both bored doing nothing and frustrated with avoiding her he asked like 'Look, if you agree to get patted down by security and I take you wherever you want to go for dinner will that satisfy you long enough to give me some space?' And then they went and she never contacted him again because well stars are actually boring most of the time.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

therattle posted:

It's definitely addictive, you can go down a pretty deep rabbit hole with it too because they've been doing it for years.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Mickey 17 should probably come out in the next year or two

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bright Bart posted:

Robert Pattisson isn't in anything that's officially planned to come out in the next few years it seems and that makes me not super happy.

My favourite story of his which I admit he may well have made up but it's funny regardless was that he had a stalker while filming in Europe and after getting both bored doing nothing and frustrated with avoiding her he asked like 'Look, if you agree to get patted down by security and I take you wherever you want to go for dinner will that satisfy you long enough to give me some space?' And then they went and she never contacted him again because well stars are actually boring most of the time.

He was gonna be in the next Bong Joon-ho joint but that seems to have evaporated

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

Mickey 17 should probably come out in the next year or two

It's currently scheduled for early 2025.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

He was gonna be in the next Bong Joon-ho joint but that seems to have evaporated

It got an official release date two days ago. January 31, 2025

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, nice.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

therattle posted:

watched eXistenZ this week and his appearance was a drat treat in that movie

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
See also: Ian Holm. Love that movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/ecto_fun/status/1761135727176286278?s=20

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

therattle posted:

Dude, there are some bangers on there. Also some personality duds.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 24, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

That's definitely praise.

I mean heck it's drat near the themes of the movie, that the leads are a Barbie and Ken who are both desperately unhappy with life in Barbieland for reasons they struggle to fully articulate, and receive zero sympathy for it from anyone until the problems spread to everyone. A place that has no concept of problems has no concept of empathy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Like that twilight zone episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ruddiger posted:

Like that twilight zone episode

That episode about the old lady who never leaves her apartment or lets anyone in because she's afraid any person she meets might turn out to be Robert Redford?