Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of snacks. Had me some real good dim sims today. Fuckin' love a couple a dimmies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Thers's a hella local place by where my gf works that has the best shumai and this reminded me that I should slip her some cash to bring some home for me tomorrow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Too good to go is an awesome app. Some great deals for food on there if y’all ever look for cheap takeout. Neat concept too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am watching the live action Avatar.

Ten minutes in and I have no idea why this was made.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Probably should have given up hope when the creators of A:TLA quit the project.

Edit: At least they can pronounce the main character's name correctly.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 23, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

I had a dream last night that I was stuck in a labyrinthine abandoned mall that was populated by tribes of aggressive lemurs and apes. They'd trapped a bunch of places on the floor but had marked out the correct paths by placing long rows of candies. There was nothing to survive on but old junk food. It was pretty tense.

Finally I managed to find my way outside into the parking lot and I was just beginning to celebrate when some guy on a bike with a flashing red light on his head began charging at me and making siren noises. He missed, crashed into a wall and then immediately turned into a shopping cart. I did not give a poo poo at that point as I was just happy to be out of the mall but when I tried to set foot out of the lot, day immediately turned to night because it turned out I was in the fake outside.

The one recurring weird/memorable dream I have is always being lost in some gigantic maze of a mall with weird levels (Like the Mall of America) where it's impossible to find the location/exit I'm trying to get to but can see where I'm trying to be, it's just impossible to figure out what path actually achieves that goal. There's never any actual threat or anything chasing me, I just can't make it to (wherever) I'm heading for.

I'm sure the dream means I haven't bought enough stupid poo poo on the internet that week or whatever.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

I am watching the live action Avatar.

Ten minutes in and I have no idea why this was made.

My mom was watching it and she couldn't get over how young the actor playing Aang looks. She thought he was like nine at first

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Shinji2015 posted:

My mom was watching it and she couldn't get over how young the actor playing Aang looks. She thought he was like nine at first

I am betting that they are hedging they go for 3 full seasons, which will take 4-5 years, and they want someone who will reasonably look 12 the whole time.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Silly Burrito posted:

Weird. Are you logged onto Imgur through Safari?

Worked for this pic but not the one I was trying for, but yeah the login helped. I had it logged through the app but not Safari.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Well the cat pics work but the archaeological pics don’t. So here’s more cats.

This is Bitty, she is the world’s most adorable cat.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

She was sooooo tiny as a kitten

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Like microscopic

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Quadruple posting, but now she is our fiercest hunter, more so than our two boys who are more than twice her size.

Hunting a moth

yes that’s a Packers collar

edit: second cat is Meowsdower

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 23, 2024

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Still can’t get the ruins pics to work but here’s a fun waterfall me and my buddy hiked to a few months back.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

And one of Ninja, one of our big boys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Cat pics :hellyeah:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I watched the first four episodes of night country last night and uh is this really bad or

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

I watched the first four episodes of night country last night and uh is this really bad or

I just finished the season and I found it to be ok. I kept falling asleep (this is common for me for any show I'm watching though), so I kept having to go back and rewatch half and episode and I got kind of confused about the relationships between everyone. I considered it better than S2, which I thought was awful. It also was meant to be a stand alone show and HBO/Max forced it into the True Detective franchise, so there are some things that really felt forced into the show to tie it into the series.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I liked True Detective: Night Country. :shrug: The tie-in to the 1st season definitely feels forced IMO and it could've used another episode or 2.

Then again I love Jodie Foster.

Why won't she answer my letters? :smith:

I'd make John Hickley Jr. jokes but I don't want to alert the Secret Service agent watching this forum. :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Being better than season 2 is a low bar.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I liked the first few episodes but the ending got a bit contrived. Jodie was great. Weird character tho

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I randomly started watching this show on Netflix called Warrior. It was on MAX I guess and has a few seasons.

It’s based in 1870 San Fransisco when the Tong Wars were happening. The plot was originally written by Bruce Lee apparently. It’s ok so far but they do this thing with language that’s interesting.

There’s a big mix of Cantonese and English spoken. Initially it starts out with spoken Cantonese and subtitles then they do this shift mid-sentence to them speaking English, and it’s just understood that they’re actually speaking Cantonese to each other in-world.

However, this is only present when there’s not another English speaker present. When there is one present, you hear them speak Cantonese with subtitles. There’s even scenes where the English speaker leaves the scene and it does a transition to them speaking English (but it’s still understood they’re speaking Cantonese to each other really)

What’s interesting is when the actors are speaking English to each other, but it’s in-world Cantonese, their English is perfect. There are scenes where the Chinese people speak English to the other English speakers, but it’s broken English with an accent.

Idk if that even makes any sense, you might have to watch it to understand but I couldn’t find examples on YouTube. Solid show so far so maybe worth watching. The fight scenes are fun.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

swickles posted:

I am betting that they are hedging they go for 3 full seasons, which will take 4-5 years, and they want someone who will reasonably look 12 the whole time.

That's basically what I told her, but it was enough of a turn-off for my mom that she couldn't finish the first episode :shrug:

I even checked the actor's age for her and he's like fifteen now, so he was like twelve or thirteen when they were filming

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

My wife and I are watching Queen of the South on Netflix and they seem to do this too. They talk in Spanish with subtitles at times, other times they switch to all English. No consistency however and apparently this was a USA show at one point so it might not even be a Netflix standard thing.

I don't recommend it personally. This is clearly a show written for three seasons that got two extra seasons and you can tell the writers had to pull a story out of their asses.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Warrior was pretty good. I think it was just canceled on MAX which supports that theory because WB just does not know how to run a streaming network

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Warrior was pretty good. I think it was just canceled on MAX which supports that theory because WB just does not know how to run a streaming network

Well when Discovery came in they really hosed everything up. I think the new CEO is from Discovery, not WB. Max pretty much sucks now because the site is littered with a bunch of lovely Discovery shows I don't want to watch. I'm pissed I bought a year subscription back in August because right after that is when they merged and it all went to poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They don’t know how to advertise, they don’t know how to manage successful shows and they drat sure don’t listen to their fans.

It’s wild how bad the quality of the shows have gotten. Too much discovery crap, like you said. I didn’t realize a discovery exec became CEO - that explains why it’s so bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If anyone has Apple+, Blackbird is a really good show

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Max is also jerking around John Oliver, who basically had been promised when he made the show that his main story would be put on YouTube the next day. This season they're either delaying or straight up not doing that in an effort to force people to watch it on Max.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

They don’t know how to advertise, they don’t know how to manage successful shows and they drat sure don’t listen to their fans.

It’s wild how bad the quality of the shows have gotten. Too much discovery crap, like you said. I didn’t realize a discovery exec became CEO - that explains why it’s so bad

They have gone full private equity mode. They are shelving stuff left and right for deletion and writing it off for tax purposes. Full, complete movies. The Batgirl movie was the first major one, and most recently its Coyote vs. Acme. This has already led to a lot of prominent directors and producers say they are avoiding HBO/Warner Bros/etc until they know a project that gets made will actually see the light of day. As a result, HBO's quality is going to tank. Since the 90's HBO has always made good TV. Even if a show wasn't for you, it was always well made and never had unreasonable budget issues. Think of how many shows HBO has made that are not just really good, but part of the culture and still discussed. The Sopranos, The Wire, Sex and the City, Game of Thrones, Hard Knocks, Succession, Veep, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. There are a ton more that the average person knows about, and if you include critically acclaimed shows it goes through the roof. They took a brand of TV that was guaranteed to be good and just poo poo all over it and erased any good will from the creative community overnight.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

My wife and I are watching Queen of the South on Netflix and they seem to do this too. They talk in Spanish with subtitles at times, other times they switch to all English. No consistency however and apparently this was a USA show at one point so it might not even be a Netflix standard thing.

I don't recommend it personally. This is clearly a show written for three seasons that got two extra seasons and you can tell the writers had to pull a story out of their asses.

I got a PS5 this week as a gift, so I've been playing Steelrising, which is a Soulsborne set in Revolutionary France (it's "we have Lies of P at home," the Game), and it does a mix of British English with French phrases thrown in randomly (with translations right next to the phrase in the subtitles). It absolutely irks me, since the conceit is that they're speaking French to begin with.

Amy Pole Her posted:

They accidentally created all this buzz around Coyote vs Acme by nearly shelving it and word of mouth getting everyone interested in seeing it, so they unshelve it, and instead of releasing it themselves, they decided to shop it around for god knows how much and when no one bit on a movie they were going to get rid of a month ago, they decided to shelve it again for good, leaving everyone unhappy. People wanted to see that movie and they went "nah." Total incompetence

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think my neighbors literally smoke weed all day, if I go on the back porch the smell is there all the time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

General Dog posted:

I think my neighbors literally smoke weed all day, if I go on the back porch the smell is there all the time.

Maybe Pepe Le Pew is your neighbor.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neighbors sound cool as poo poo

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I bet your neighbors don't tell their employers not to give them bonuses, too.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, if you really don't want your bonus you could donate it to The USA Goonfund

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

General Dog posted:

that's dope my friend

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

Get back at them by making your porch smell of meth

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This guy needs an invite to the thread:
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1761080394206851362?t=gHWvI2nnyzhOumq4jN53DQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

great series of tweets lol