Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

You'll probably have a nicer experience waiting at the Ducati dealership for repairs than KTM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

My Ducati dealer is next to two pizza places, while the KTM dealer is next to a hardware/electrical store and a parking lot.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

My Ducati dealer is next to two pizza places, while the KTM dealer is next to a hardware/electrical store and a parking lot.

You mean next to their parts department and a parking lot?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He means next to their parts department and their waiting room/diagnostic center

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Maybe Yamaha will bless us with a big single

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao at expecting a Japanese manufacturer to react to the market in a timely manner

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yamaha will bless us with yet another mt07 derivative, like a motard T7, the press will complain it's too heavy and not a real motard and they'll sell loads

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Yamaha will bless us with yet another mt07 derivative, like a motard T7, the press will complain it's too heavy and not a real motard and they'll sell loads

If they could strip it down to 400lb like the Hypermotard 950 that would be aight.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

lmao at expecting a Japanese manufacturer to react to the market in a timely manner

My uncle works at Suzuki and says they're gonna update the DRZ and 650 this year

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
My uncle lets me ride his, he lives in Japan and they’re already up to DR 660 there.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

My uncle works at Suzuki and says they're gonna update the DRZ and 650 this year

The update: Bold New Graphics and a $800 higher msrp.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

800 more CC’s? No higher cost?

800 more CC’s? No! higher cost!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Look if the design needed changes, it would have been evident by now. :smugdog:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

If the motorcycle is wrong people would simply stop buying it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Every now and then, God's perfect motorcycle is designed and sold. It would be sacrilegious to change anything at all.

See also Honda XR, Yamaha TW, XT, and Superjet*!

*not a motorcycle but Yamaha sure got their money out of that design

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yamaha is not making a euro5+ R1 say the rumors. So I assume it will be sold in the US for a while kind of like the Honda cbr600 was discontinued but still sold here. Or maybe they will do the whole track bike thing like the r6.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I4 literbikes are dead, sorry guys

Maybe bmw and Honda will persist until the WSBK rules change

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Gimme a 400cc I4 Yamaha R4 in some hot neon color.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Rolo posted:

For real, I’d trade the zx4rr in in a heartbeat for a similar 400 I4 in any of the cool colors Yamaha has put on the r7 and r3 recently.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

I have wanted Yamaha to sell a WR450X in the US forever. gently caress me if they actually sell a motard T7 first

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I4 literbikes are dead, sorry guys

Maybe bmw and Honda will persist until the WSBK rules change

Good thing Australia is the dumping ground for everything that doesn't pass (like all the older f150's and other American monster trucks etc) because we have no emission standards. Might get an influx of i4 existing stock of bikes.

Kawi won't be happy, the i4 is a sweet engine in the versys and ninja.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Rolo posted:

This this this.

Essentially the zx-4rr but with better styling tbh. Kawasaki's looks aren't totally my taste.

I still should test ride a zx4rr though...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

moxieman posted:

For real, I’d trade the zx4rr in in a heartbeat for a similar 400 I4 in any of the cool colors Yamaha has put on the r7 and r3 recently.

The white R3 with teal accents for 2024 is extremely my thing and a stupid part of my brain now wants to make my wheels the same color.

Edit: this one:

Rolo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 23, 2024

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Rolo posted:

The white R3 with teal accents for 2024 is extremely my thing and a stupid part of my brain now wants to make my wheels the same color.

Edit: this one:

Hot drat that looks good.

Very 90s paper cup vibes in the best way

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
I’m partial to the 2021 teal color which looks way better in person than any photo will show

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Hot drat that looks good.

Very 90s paper cup vibes in the best way

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Good thing Australia is the dumping ground for everything that doesn't pass (like all the older f150's and other American monster trucks etc) because we have no emission standards. Might get an influx of i4 existing stock of bikes.

Kawi won't be happy, the i4 is a sweet engine in the versys and ninja.

Australia is also one of the worst places in the world to own an i4 literbike given that we have maybe five good roads and they're all ruthlessly speed enforced.

I've done a couple of long rides around America and gotten BIG SADS each time I've come home to using a third of the potential of whatever bike I'm riding here at the time.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:vince:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Gimme.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

prukinski posted:

Australia is also one of the worst places in the world to own an i4 literbike given that we have maybe five good roads and they're all ruthlessly speed enforced.

I've done a couple of long rides around America and gotten BIG SADS each time I've come home to using a third of the potential of whatever bike I'm riding here at the time.

Yep, pretty much why I traded mine in. Even for a sport tourer level i4 it was miserable below 80k's. Got a tiger 900 and get to thrash and thow it around like its a moto. Nice being able to use more than 10% throttle all the time too.

Miss the far nicer dash display from the Kawi though.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just looked at it for the first time since hastily making that at work and wow goddamn that really does work.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Finger Prince posted:

I just looked at it for the first time since hastily making that at work and wow goddamn that really does work.

I would trade in my R3 for an R3

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

moxieman posted:

I’m partial to the 2021 teal color which looks way better in person than any photo will show

I wish my boring black on black on black MT03 had these bright orange wheels.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Russian Bear posted:

If the motorcycle is wrong people would simply stop buying it

and yet Kawasaki still makes the Vulcan

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strife posted:

They have to, it's the green blooded brand

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Strife posted:

There are so many people who love those and I cannot fathom it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Plenty of confused folks like IPAs, too. Doesn't make them good

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Edit: why am I talking about IPAs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Strife posted:

and yet Kawasaki still makes the KLR

Slavvy posted:

There are so many people who love those and I cannot fathom it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hey, can I ask you motorcycle goons a question?

Mice chewed the gently caress out of the wires in my 2012 Accord. Cost me $1100. :homebrew: I parked my it about 4 feet away from my neighbors' 2017 Accord, and they got it way worse than I did.( I read Honda uses soy and peanut oil to make the wires. Weird...) As a result of this bullshit, I've got to park my car in the garage. That's where my motorcycle, lawn mower, snow blower and a bunch of other poo poo used to live. So I've got to park my 2004 Kawasaki 125 Eliminator outside. Everything I've read about mice chewing your poo poo says they hate peppermint oil and to mix that with water and spritz it under the hood. Can I spray that on my bike too and not gently caress poo poo up? The bottle says the ingredients are "Mentha Pipertia (Peppermint) Aerial parts oil." That's not corrosive or anything, right? It's been 20 years since I took chemistry. I know water next to the battery terminals is not a good idea. :science: I've got a place to store it in the winter and I live in southern Wisconsin, fwiw.

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 25, 2024