Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

I know this was a few pages ago but I can't let this go uncommented

...wha?

I know that it's probably some bodybuilder terminology I'm not familiar with, or a colorful turn of phrase for people who get all red from Alex Jones supplements or whatever, but I can't avoid the mental image of, like, a group of actual jacked lobster-people like that lifeguard guy from Spongebob milling around an anime convention without raising any eyebrows.

that's what I assumed it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Nevermind, things moved before I posted that.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Markovnikov posted:

Fair enough, was just going off the top of my head.

The tankie label still doesn't sit well with me, I associate it more with knee-jerk defense of authoritarian leftists governments, but what leftist governments are even left nowadays? I guess the label has evolved along with the useful idiots after the fall of the USSR. After the russian invasion of Ukraine a lot of people showed their asses, TYT among them.

I used "tankie" in the context of "leftists who support authoritarian or militaristic governments". There's nothing leftist about Russia's modern government but the tankie label is applied to their supporters. The TYT host/creator had this to say in 1999:

Cenk Uygur posted:

The United States helped to sponsor war propaganda against Turkey during World War I as part of an official campaign to smear its enemies, as it did with Germany. Part of this propaganda was the evil butchery of the Turks against the defenseless Christian Armenians. This is what has been rooted in the popular memory of America, with very few Turkish-Americans to combat the insinuations of savagery, yet this is not propaganda?

That was in 1999 but he was an adult and has never walked it back formally. The guy is a lawyer. His use of weasel-words and tiptoeing around the issue is well documented. The Playboy article is particularly damning: https://www.playboy.com/read/the-complicity-of-ana-kasparian-1

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Uebey/status/1761147506442776643

When it rains it pours?

Verdict in the trial to dissolve the NRA for basically the the same reasons Trump go in his poo poo, persistent business fraud.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shishkahuben posted:

that's what I assumed it was

It's like that time I was looking at a news feed and did a double-take at the headline "New Brunswick government in legal battle with Native Lobstermen" and it took me a second to realize they were talking about fishermen who specialize in catching lobsters, rather than some X-COM Terror From The Deep deal

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Good, what will it cost them?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hollismason posted:

Okay so can we make predictions when Melanie will divorce him

I'm guessing after the judgement is paid.

Only he loses the election, or after he leaves office in 2029 if he wins

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

This checks out. Every die-hard male Trump supporter I've had the misfortune of having in my life has been a whiny, dead-beat, lovely alcoholic dad who lost custody of his kids after their wives divorced them for extremely obvious reasons and now they can't shut the gently caress up about it as if they're the big victims in all of it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Toxic Mental posted:

Nah, she’d leave if he WINS at this rate. She wants nothing to do with another 4 years of bare minimum pretending to give a poo poo.

She leaves as soon as it becomes broader public knowledge that he’s broke as gently caress, unless he has her wrapped up in financial crimes and threatens her with that

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1761133270035845422

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Toxic Mental posted:

They did just renegotiate the prenup.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

I used "tankie" in the context of "leftists who support authoritarian or militaristic governments". There's nothing leftist about Russia's modern government but the tankie label is applied to their supporters. The TYT host/creator had this to say in 1999:

That was in 1999 but he was an adult and has never walked it back formally. The guy is a lawyer. His use of weasel-words and tiptoeing around the issue is well documented. The Playboy article is particularly damning: https://www.playboy.com/read/the-complicity-of-ana-kasparian-1

Cenk loves capitalism and would never describe himself as a leftist. He might be progressive compared to most Democrats, but he's literally on record loving capitalism. Also tankie doesn't mean supports any authoritarian or militaristic regime but specifically communist ones.

Stop using words to describe anyone who might criticize Biden as tankie, it's cringe and bad just like when Republicans use the term woke.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I'm woke and tankie, a wankie if you will

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

kazil posted:

I'm woke and tankie, a wankie if you will

That's fine, as long as you don't get cranky about it

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

In his defense I can't imagine a presidential candidate refusing to accept defeat and the party falling in line to litigate it until the end of time.

Thanks Charlie.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Big wet boy is going to win the electoral college by 10 votes in a swing state, and lose the popular vote by 3 million.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I feel like I need to diagram this, the right wing is now projecting about them projecting about projecting?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

while lotta people out there these days tossing around “tankie” when they actually mean “accelerationist.” it’s not complicated

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

yeah I'm also woke and accelerationist, a real wacc job

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lots of people trying to use the no true tankie defense here, interesting

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I think what makes the Trumps' so drat fascinating to me is that it's like the entire family is a Dunning Kruger Study:

Like every other big rich person or powerful family in the world sees them for the road sideshow circus they are, and tries to avoid, ridicule, or use them, but the whole family from Donny to Stank and Chode to Ivanka to Melania, to Tiffany see themselves as ABOVE REPROACH and like one of the most powerful families in the world.

They really are what dumb people see rich people as, and it's their entire brand, to the point that they themselves believe they are some foundational core of the Economic state of the Earth, when they are lousy real estate moguls at best, complete con artists at worst.

They are just so all powerfully touched in the head and completely deluded, like the Bluths have nothing on the Trumps. It's not just Donny: his entire brood thinks they are major power players in the world, and not they had 4 short years where they weren't complete laughingstocks because Daddy fell rear end backwards into a poor attendance election.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 24, 2024

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I honestly wonder if the Trumps and dogs have the whole Bluth family chicken noises thing going on

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

you loving KNOW Jared is a never-nude...

VinNYC82
Jan 26, 2004

Scam Likely posted:

We spent 3 years of hell getting enough eggs for 10 embryos, and half of them had genetic defects so we didn't bother freezing them. Are we mass murderers?

My wife and I spent almost 4 years trying to have our child. We had to go through IVF since I have Neurofibromatosis (Type 1) and I wanted to make sure my children didn't end up with any of the issues I had from my disease. The first round of egg collection (16 embryos) yielded 0 viable embryos. The second round of egg collections (11 embryos) yielded 3 healthy embryos. Unfortunately the first implantation failed and my wife had a "chemical pregnancy" basically a super early miscarriage. The second implantation was successful and I now have a perfectly healthy and happy wonderful 4 year old girl. The fact that these loving ghouls are coming after IVF makes me loving furious. Even more so than I already am.

In their eyes I basically had roughly 24 (maybe 25) abortions. I guess I'm right there with you when it comes to being a mass murderer. Save a spot for me in hell.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm more of a Mankey personally

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

remember when Ivanka pushed her way into a conversation at the G20 and everybody was so weirded out by it that it made the news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJvXoobKKgE&t=211s

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Cenk loves capitalism and would never describe himself as a leftist. He might be progressive compared to most Democrats, but he's literally on record loving capitalism. Also tankie doesn't mean supports any authoritarian or militaristic regime but specifically communist ones.

Stop using words to describe anyone who might criticize Biden as tankie, it's cringe and bad just like when Republicans use the term woke.

Ok tankie

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i went to the gattaca clinic for IVF and that's why my child is ethan hawke

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

nobodygetshurt posted:

gently caress it here's a timer i started

Trmup Countdown!

Will the NY AG start seizing and selling Trump assests when? I wanna see Trump tower become "The Barack Obama Homeless Shelter".

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1761164615138803752

Would really love to see Trump go grocery shopping

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

Lots of people trying to use the no true tankie defense here, interesting

are they? didn’t read every post going back, but it mostly seems like people are just bolting on extra qualifications to the historic definition and over complicating the current colloquial usage based on vibes. all the while doing their best to get pedantic about it. standard circle gooning

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kazil posted:

yeah I'm also woke and accelerationist, a real wacc job

a bumper sticker just screaming to be made

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

just call them authoritarian bootlickers, jeez

seven extra syllables would cull a lot of noise

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*checks notes*

*flips through pages*

*actually looks outside*

No, dude, I believe you're just getting your rear end kicked.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Powershift posted:

remember when Ivanka pushed her way into a conversation at the G20 and everybody was so weirded out by it that it made the news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJvXoobKKgE&t=211s

Ah yes, back when America was respected

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Tomfoolery posted:

Is there any article about the accuracy of the Forbes calculation of trump net worth? Is he actually worth the $2.6B that Forbes said he has, or was that all a bunch of lies?

I mean, he's happy to commit fraud to exaggerate his wealth, and Forbes doesn't have any insider information beyond what's self reported by trump, right?

Forbes was the outfit that published the article that's got Alan Weisselberg facing perjury in multiple cases. They published it while he was testifying on the stand in the NY fraud trial. Their reputation in the field of measuring billionaire scrotums is at stake everyone sees how easy it was to get them to change their numbers, but they also don't exactly want to burn their sources (the billionaires' self-discloseures) by airing Trump's dirty laundry either. But good, cos gently caress Forbes, let em twist.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Squiggle posted:

Frankly getting to watch him pull a "that a fat loser from Utah who faked his death and pretended to be an orphan in Scotland to dodge a rape charge" will be extremely funny and I can't wait to see him get dumped out of that wheelchair by Melania trying to push it up a van ramp

ed

That suit is too close to fitting properly.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

For a second I thought that was a real photo of Rudy doing a Goodfellas-style fake being sick court appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1761164615138803752

Would really love to see Trump go grocery shopping

So feed your beautiful families with fentanol, bing bong