Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

3 DONG HORSE posted:

great series of tweets lol

Its the only way I consume TikTok, Spencer's monthly drop of his favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

No lies detected.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Despite all my panicky poo poo I somehow managed to snatch an A out of that physics course wtf.

Got calc 2 final tonight, but I’m pretty sure I would have an A even if i skipped it. If I pull As out of both after the hellish last month I may have to get myself a little present.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Despite all my panicky poo poo I somehow managed to snatch an A out of that physics course wtf.

Got calc 2 final tonight, but I’m pretty sure I would have an A even if i skipped it. If I pull As out of both after the hellish last month I may have to get myself a little present.

Oh congrats dude that’s awesome

What I’m hearing is you should study for the MCAT and become a very competitive med school applicant

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh congrats dude that’s awesome

What I’m hearing is you should study for the MCAT and become a very competitive med school applicant

Don't you wish that evil on him

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I did have the passing thought of PA school or BSN when I was feeling way out of my depth, but I have no desire to give ~half my remaining working years to internship and residency only to emerge 350k in the hole. Also I’d never be competitive.

Handing over a year of free clinical work for medic school internship was rough enough and I was working full time 24s and going to class. I’m so over clinical poo poo I would never make it through.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

New True Detective was fine-to-good. A lot of the issues that it does have stem from HBO meddling with it (it wasn’t initially a TD property, it was conceived of as its own thing, but MAX shoved it into the TD brand). There are a few plot elements that stick out as half-baked (Rose just being a catch-all “move the plot along character chief among them imo) but it does a good job of telling a story about indigenous and women’s trauma while also having a classic TD spooky little mystery.

TVIV seemed to hate it but that seems to be a few people more interested in shitposting and making the thread useless for any discussion (does not apply to a weeklong discussion about whether they needed to show a loving space heater in one scene) rather than a real consensus.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I know it was Max’s idea to slap the True Detective branding on the show, but beyond that I think it’s unclear which elements were shoehorned in on studio mandate and which were shoehorned in by virtue of honest poor taste.

In any event; it didn’t inspire me to buy a specific beer or read a book, so I know it doesn’t hit like the original did.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 23, 2024

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
AHHHHH what sacrifice do I need to make to convince people that discovery on cases should be done every 6 months at the bare minimum? Going almost 18 months without it is unacceptable and yet that's what court related issue I gotta crisis manage because oops trial is coming up and nothing's been done. I'd rather deal with getting a last minute rare for our area language interpreter again. Thankfully it's a work from home day for me today and I can get on my excercise bike to get out my anger/anxiety energy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I bounced off the latest season of True Detective pretty hard. 1 and 3 were great. 2 is better than it was on the first watch when I re-watched a few months ago but this latest season was just a mess.

Fargo's new season has been great though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Congrats!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

loving reincarnation of Carl Sagan over here, nice job.

I did my taxes today and I'm getting a refund for the first time in like 12 years. It's actually nice to not have to pay the government for a change even though I know a refund is suboptimal finances. I don't really care.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Season 2 true detective was one of the worst thing I’ve seen from hbo and that says something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

Too good to go is an awesome app. Some great deals for food on there if y’all ever look for cheap takeout. Neat concept too

Is it normal for everything to be a bakery

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Season 2 true detective was one of the worst thing I’ve seen from hbo and that says something

I mean. Lena Dunham had a show on HBO.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Lmao I guess the Naruto live action movie is going forward.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Lmao I guess the Naruto live action movie is going forward.

lol

I mean, if we can get a good live action version of One Piece, a good live action Naruto isn't impossible

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tulalip Tulips posted:

AHHHHH what sacrifice do I need to make to convince people that discovery on cases should be done every 6 months at the bare minimum? Going almost 18 months without it is unacceptable and yet that's what court related issue I gotta crisis manage because oops trial is coming up and nothing's been done. I'd rather deal with getting a last minute rare for our area language interpreter again. Thankfully it's a work from home day for me today and I can get on my excercise bike to get out my anger/anxiety energy.

As someone who has navigated a shitload of family court recently, I’m glad you’re out here doing this and I wish I’d had insight like this a year ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

I mean. Lena Dunham had a show on HBO.

It's really funny that Adam Driver is the only actor to really get big out of that show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shinji2015 posted:

lol

I mean, if we can get a good live action version of One Piece, a good live action Naruto isn't impossible

I don't know anything about Naruto aside from it having a million episodes, can you make a movie out of that?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So learning discovery ceo took over hbo and doing a Google search found this FROM TODAY

Good timing and hilarious video

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/s/otmsFDvbrR

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I remember when Discovery, History, and TLC had actual good, educational shows.

It makes me sad thinking about it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Is it normal for everything to be a bakery

Yup. Whole thing is they give cheap cheap takeout they’d have to otherwise toss out.

Tons of bakeries and a few salad places locally. They sell you 1lb of salad with really top tier poo poo like shrimp or grilled chicken or salmon etc with tons of poo poo mixed for $5 etc. they’re amazing and cheap as hell - normally sell for 15-18

Issue is they sell out before end of day so it’s a mixed bag. Last one i got was basically a taco salad so it was delicious but not at all what I should’ve been having. Last few were legit Greek type salads with grilled chicken

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

When I was a kid we had that disocvery channel that used to show full on surgeries. I was fascinated by it but the only one I remember in detail was an episode that featured eye surgery since it kind of freaked me out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tulalip Tulips posted:

When I was a kid we had that disocvery channel that used to show full on surgeries. I was fascinated by it but the only one I remember in detail was an episode that featured eye surgery since it kind of freaked me out.

As a doctor who has been in a ton of surgeries, including some crazy gory/bloody traumas, eye stuff still freaks me out.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I knew an ER supervisor who told us a fun story about a patient who was an announcer at a monster truck rally and accidentally got run over during the show. Apparently he was projectile shooting fluid from his eyeballs multiple feet into the air.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

lol, we got mandated to do rolling discovery so now our office staff just keep active shared directories where they send out everything once a month or so, no effort on my part so I can’t complain. Though we’re also supposed to discover all text messages, but the only way to do that is to screenshot, email them to myself, then transfer them to the right directory, and, like, my entire caseload is teenagers, I send dozens if not hundreds of messages per day, so that’s one area where I’ve not been in compliance for years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I remember when Discovery, History, and TLC had actual good, educational shows.

It makes me sad thinking about it.

And then everything changed when American Chopper attacked

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't know anything about Naruto aside from it having a million episodes, can you make a movie out of that?

Half a million of those episodes are considered non-canon and suck so they won't reference them.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Half a million of those episodes are considered non-canon and suck so they won't reference them.

Yeah, I imagine the movie will cover either the Haku or Gaara arc, but it'll be very streamlined. Haku would be a better movie, but Gaara is Gaara

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Amy Pole Her posted:

Season 1 B+
Season 2 B-
Season 3 B-
Season 4 C

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rectal Placenta posted:

I knew an ER supervisor who told us a fun story about a patient who was an announcer at a monster truck rally and accidentally got run over during the show. Apparently he was projectile shooting fluid from his eyeballs multiple feet into the air.

Like, right after he got run over, or later when he was in the ER?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Sometimes when I hear stories like this, my first instinct is skepticism, then I remember the time I saw a wreck so violent the neck snap whiplash shocked all the hair out of the lady’s scalp. Honestly, the forces involved when folks get themselves into their final pickle are pretty astounding.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hey, i know, how about let's not describe them

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Shinji2015 posted:

lol

I haven't seen the one piece thing but the Kenshin movies are incredibly good. I never looked at the manga or the cartoon for it , and just started with Kenshin beginnings on Netflix to find out it's the best choreographed swordplay movie out there

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

:hmmyes:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

Just imagine all the crazy poo poo that can happen to you when you go from 70 to 0 in 0.1 seconds. It’s more fun that way.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

lol, we got mandated to do rolling discovery so now our office staff just keep active shared directories where they send out everything once a month or so, no effort on my part so I can’t complain. Though we’re also supposed to discover all text messages, but the only way to do that is to screenshot, email them to myself, then transfer them to the right directory, and, like, my entire caseload is teenagers, I send dozens if not hundreds of messages per day, so that’s one area where I’ve not been in compliance for years

You could probably get a program to automate the export of all conversations and then use an AI program transcribe them.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

I haven't seen the one piece thing but the Kenshin movies are incredibly good. I never looked at the manga or the cartoon for it , and just started with Kenshin beginnings on Netflix to find out it's the best choreographed swordplay movie out there

I think with Kenshin it helps that the series is much more grounded when compared to OP or Naruto. Doing a samurai movie with wire-fu set during the Meiji Restoration is much easier to get right than a series set in a fantasy ninja world where the main character is a child soldier that has a gigantic monster trapped inside him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Boruto