Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I have a PS5 now.

What is all this Resume Activity bullshit and how do I turn it off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
What’s all this about Banishers? This looks cool…

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i rolled credits on claire's first run of re2. had a lot of fun with it. decided to jump straight into leon's 2nd run and immediately completely out of ammo and getting my poo poo rocked. i'm still playing on standard but this is noticeably harder.

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Was just playing some Doom Eternal, it’s awesome. Can ya believe it was made less than 30 years after the original Doom. What an insane technological leap

doom eternal is so good. the gameplay loop is intentional and satisfying keeping you moving and always able to get resources you need if you play it like it's intended, and there's even "hidden" or advanced mechanics you can use if you don't want to be stuck doing exactly what the game wants you to do.

Paying2Lurk posted:

I have a PS5 now.

What is all this Resume Activity bullshit and how do I turn it off?

:confused:

games run until they're closed or if you open other games and memory is allocated to other things. why would you want to turn it off?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Activity cards are just a system level bookmarking feature that get you into different parts of a game faster. What those parts are is pretty much up to the developer.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

ShoogaSlim posted:

:confused:

games run until they're closed or if you open other games and memory is allocated to other things. why would you want to turn it off?

When I'm done playing a game I close it. When I want to play it again, I'll click Play not some lame Activity Card. It's just visual clutter and I'd like to get rid of it.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Activity cards are just a system level bookmarking feature that get you into different parts of a game faster. What those parts are is pretty much up to the developer.

Good for them. Is there a way to turn them off system wide? PS5 UI kinda sucks compared to the 3 and 4.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I feel like it must take quite a bit of effort to program and track activity cards for a big open world game and literally no motherfucker uses them.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Pentiment owns so far. I could talk about books with Sister Illuminata all day :pervert:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Paying2Lurk posted:

When I'm done playing a game I close it. When I want to play it again, I'll click Play not some lame Activity Card. It's just visual clutter and I'd like to get rid of it.

Good for them. Is there a way to turn them off system wide? PS5 UI kinda sucks compared to the 3 and 4.

oh yeah those. i thought you meant the "switcher" tab in the bottom row of icons when you hit the PS button. that thing is somewhat useful bc it shows active and recent games and apps.

the resume activity cards, afaik, can't be removed. they're basically invisible to me now at this point though. you'll learn to ignore them.

they can actually sometimes be a little useful bc they'll let you quickly jump to the gallery if you took a screenshot or your trophies if you just earned one. but yeah mostly useless :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i used the activity cards to skip the helldivers 2 login queue :grin:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
One weird trick

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just realised I’ve got FF7R2 launch day off what a time to be alive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just realised I’ve got FF7R2 launch day off what a time to be alive

Same but prolly because I'll be unemployed soon :suicide:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

:whitewater:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everyone should have 29th off because it's a spare day

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I was really feeling quite decent last week, like I'd come out of 6 months of protracted mental, physical, emotional, social, and environmental hell!

But folks, when the drama bomb strikes the dominoes of life go "Yah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1761083736073060433?t=D0AabZ-XJkbcQoAld9FVmg&s=19

Oh hell yeah

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I downloaded the unicorn overlord demo but I've been playing Pentiment instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not playing the demo cos I'm going to buy it anyway

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Activity cards?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wtf what’s going on with the cinema

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Movies are bad and nobody wants to watch them.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Grabbed the Unicorn Overlord demo and like 5 minutes in I'm more certain than ever that I'm getting this day one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It rules so far, seems pretty huge for a demo too

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
It looks like ogre battle 64, is that fair?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

I was really feeling quite decent last week, like I'd come out of 6 months of protracted mental, physical, emotional, social, and environmental hell!

But folks, when the drama bomb strikes the dominoes of life go "Yah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E

Yeah it sucks when you feel like you've come up for air, only to realize you might be going back down underwater again soon. But the good thing is, the bad poo poo is just as temporary as the good stuff. It might suck for awhile, but it really will get better eventually. Just a few years ago I thought I was done-zo, but now I can waste money on an ugly console with no games. poo poo does get better!

Waltzing Along posted:

Activity cards?

Usually you have to scroll down to see most of them so they're ignorable. What I'm whining about is when they "take over" the game's main screen. Like with Snowrunner, when I'm on the icon there's a big "Continue where you left off" and an extra Resume Activity button before the Play Game one. It's just extra visual clutter that I'd like to get rid of, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it so I'm being a big whiny baby about my new $500 toy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It looks like ogre battle 64, is that fair?

I haven't played that game, but I took a quick glance at a gameplay video and it's somewhat similar. UO has no control over individual battles, you set party formations and move those formations into enemy groups. There's interesting strategy to those formations as well, like Thieves are good frontline fighters because they have high Evasion, or Archers being able to target the backline.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I just came to post that Prince of Persia owns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Paying2Lurk posted:

Usually you have to scroll down to see most of them so they're ignorable. What I'm whining about is when they "take over" the game's main screen. Like with Snowrunner, when I'm on the icon there's a big "Continue where you left off" and an extra Resume Activity button before the Play Game one. It's just extra visual clutter that I'd like to get rid of, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it so I'm being a big whiny baby about my new $500 toy.

protip: if you left/right scroll to a game's icon and then press X without doing anything else, it launches the game to the main menu same as the play game button

Guw posted:

:hai:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

haveblue posted:

protip: if you left/right scroll to a game's icon and then press X without doing anything else, it launches the game to the main menu same as the play game button

:tipshat:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Pacific Drive's font is way too small and there's no way to make it bigger.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

wtf what’s going on with the cinema

load bearing individual/position was made redundant + ripple effect

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Had to turn on brighter nights for pacific drive. I couldn't see a thing even with a flashlight.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

There's a flashlight?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, I cranked the brightness all around. Still haven't built a flashlight.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There's a flashlight?

Yes. You can craft them if you research.

Game was way too dark even when using one and lighting at night doesn't work very well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The flares help a lot.

I'm conflicted cause pitch black in games triggers my vibes in a good way but yeah, game can get pitch black and you can't see a goddamn thing. I'm probably just gonna roll with the dark unless it hits the point where it annoys me too much.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Guw posted:

Call it by it's real name. Silksong

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

New Prince of Persia is fun but man even when they’re making a good game Ubisoft’s dialogue is atrocious lol.
Sargon’s reaction to waking into a room and seeing a literal god towering over him is just to robotically say “I had no idea that there were gods in this temple :geno:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

veni veni veni posted:

The flares help a lot.

I'm conflicted cause pitch black in games triggers my vibes in a good way but yeah, game can get pitch black and you can't see a goddamn thing. I'm probably just gonna roll with the dark unless it hits the point where it annoys me too much.

Yeah so few games seem to do actual dark.

Even so I nudged the brightness setting just barely so I could at least see enough to move around in the trailers. Haven't had much issue since unlocking the flashlight.

That said I just had a main mission add an extra stop, which was going fine until I was done and then it picked my exit for me...on the opposite corner of the map. First death for me, really sucked cause I was probably within 30 yards of it but ran out of healing. Probably just bad RNG luck or whatever, pretty much got back on my feet after doing a different run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Oldstench posted:

Pacific Drive's font is way too small and there's no way to make it bigger.

Yeah overall it seems like it’d be a better experience on pc. The haptics are also really imprecise and overused.