Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

How loving pissed would you be if you were in Perth and bought tickets for a billion dollars thinking the Rock was showing up and you get the Waller Effect or whatever.

you’d wanna be pretty stupid, even for a wrestling fan, to have thought rock was turning up when they never once advertised it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

did rocky straight up forget how to slap people lmao

Can't risk injuring Cody.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

did rocky straight up forget how to slap people lmao

he's trying to not tear his triceps before mania

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

flashy_mcflash posted:

Of all the things this company's done in 2024 so far, gaslighting us into believing that "Perth" is a real place is one of the worst.

No one wants to live in Perth including the people who live there. Every time I think about going there I ask myself why and never go.

Brisbane & Sydney supremecy.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like living in Perth, all my stuff is already here

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Why does Perth even have such a giant loving stadium? Kangaroo mma?

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Don't know if it's just me but this card in a stadium really reflects WWE's contempt for its own fans. Imagine spending 600 dollars (800 from my city) before tickets just to go to this show lmao

They shoulda run the most scenic stadium in Australia - beautiful WIN Stadium

closet statist fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 24, 2024

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
KO carrying the koala was a cool as gently caress visual

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

closet statist posted:

Don't know if it's just me but this card in a stadium really reflects WWE's contempt for its own fans. Imagine spending 600 dollars (800 from my city) before tickets just to go to this show lmao

It's pretty nuts. It is absolutely objectively not worth the money. Nothing of importance will happen. It's a glorified house show.

The last time I went to a WWE show was the PNW NXT house show loop of Seattle, Spokane, and Portland and it had absolutely nothing to do with WWE but that they had assembled all the wrestlers I never thought I'd see in person.

Hirez posted:

KO carrying the koala was a cool as gently caress visual

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

going to see live wrestling is fun , it’s not too hard to understand , even if you’re pretending not to

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
KO is a lifelong zoo enthusiast, afterall.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

going to see live wrestling is fun , it’s not too hard to understand , even if you’re pretending not to

who is pretending not to?

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

I love live wrestling but an AFL stadium - in perth no less - is objectively the worst place to watch it

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

closet statist posted:

The WWE Universe will get to see entrances and Moments, the two things they care about.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

1glitch0 posted:

You need somewhere you can fit the entire population during drop bear and bunyip attacks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

"Getting caught up in the magnitude of the moment..."

It's a pre-show match in a half filled arena in Perth at 2am pacific time.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

ThePariah posted:

The WWE Universe will get to see entrances and Moments, the two things they care about.

There's two Elimination Chambers which means TWELVE ENTRANCES, it's the happiest time of the year for them

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

1glitch0 posted:

Need to house all the visiting fans coming to see their guys beat the Eagles and/or Dockers

Considering the last time I remember the WWE coming to Perth (2005) they ran the Burswood Dome which has since been demolished, there's really no other good option for where they'd go, the next biggest venues are NIB or WACA and those only seat around 25 000

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Orton was so loving blown up on the Smackdown I watched that I'm interested in seeing how long he can be in there.

Women are up first. Pray for the knees.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I wonder what it cost to do this show because surely they should have saved that for the lawyer fees

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I wonder what it cost to do this show because surely they should have saved that for the lawyer fees

Lmao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Seth's 3rd eye sunglasses are on the knife edge of being absolutely stupid and awesome.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
lmao there isn’t a live thread

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Foxtel is just so rear end. Binge just keeps throwing up errors every time I start the stream.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

everybody’s asleep

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Seth's 3rd eye sunglasses are on the knife edge of being absolutely stupid and awesome.

Oh he's ripping off Prince now?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

zetamind2000 posted:

he's trying to not tear his triceps before mania

rocky goes for the peoples elbow, does the whole routine, drops it, and promptly shatters into a million pieces like a frozen terminator

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DEAR RICHARD posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054980

you made me do it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh he's ripping off Prince now?
he stole velveteen dream’s wardrobe.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

i regret posting

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Australian Football (Fremantle Dockers and West Coast Eagles, men's and women's teams in the AFL and WAFL) and domestic T20 cricket (Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash League) mostly, in addition to rugby union test matches. It's usually a match between the Wallabies and the Springboks played out in Perth (largely due to the influx of white South Africans in the final days of, and the period following the end of Apartheid) during the Rugby Championship tournament, but they've recently hosted a couple of Bledisloe tests against the All Blacks.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Feb 24, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

edogawa rando posted:

Australian Football (Fremantle Dockers and West Coast Eagles, men's and women's teams in the AFL and WAFL) and domestic T20 cricket (Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash League) mostly, in addition to rugby union test matches. It's usually a match between the Wallabies and the Springboks played out in Perth (largely due to the influx of white South Africans in the final days of, and the period following the end of Apartheid) during the Rugby Championship tournament, but they've recently hosted a couple of Bledisloe tests against the All Blacks.

Fremantle Dockers is really fun to say in an Australian accent

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Majinfoose posted:

Fremantle Dockers is really fun to say in an Australian accent

Wait how do Americans say it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Take responsibility for your shameful actions OP

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Testekill posted:

Wait how do Americans say it?

Badly, no doubt

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

1glitch0 posted:

Footy.

Perth is home to two big AFL teams.

Edit: A mate of mine, (from Adelaide), has actually flown to Perth to see this show.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 24, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
condolences to the aussie posters who are casual watchers who thought they were gonna get a cool show at a reasonable time. you all should have known better probably

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SG Bamboo posted:

Need to house all the visiting fans coming to see their guys beat the Eagles and/or Dockers

Considering the last time I remember the WWE coming to Perth (2005) they ran the Burswood Dome which has since been demolished, there's really no other good option for where they'd go, the next biggest venues are NIB or WACA and those only seat around 25 000

Out of curiosity I looked up the 2005 show, which might have more star power.

quote:

Paul London (c) defeated Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty & Spike Dudley in a Fatal Four Way Match to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Booker T defeated Heidenreich

Torrie Wilson defeated Dawn Marie

Hardcore Holly defeated Luther Reigns

The Big Show defeated Kurt Angle in a No Disqualification Match

Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio (c) defeated The Basham Brothers (Danny Basham & Doug Basham) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship

Rene Dupree defeated Charlie Haas

John Cena defeated John Bradshaw Layfield to retain the WWE Heavyweight Championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they ran an australia ppv in 2018 but i guess that was on the other side of the country so it doesnt count