Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I'm probably going to try an honor mode run next, planning out my party. The way it's working out there is probably going to be a lot of electrified water one party member who needs to concentrate is probably going to be standing in a lot. Is there anything besides the sparkswall ring, like a spell I'm overlooking or something that can prevent them from taking a concentration check from that? I want to do a radiating orb / reverberation stacking build with that character. That'd be something like bard 10/cleric 2 running spirit guardians, then I'd have a monk 9/rogue 3 and a battlemaster fighter run in and lay down even more conditions when the enemy's physical saving throws are massively debuffed. The odd man out here may be the Evo wizard 10 / cleric 2 I want to play as my character but I really want to make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I can't stand Hexblade. Devils and Outer Gods and faeries, those are REAL eldritch entities. Something you can really make a pact with. Not whatever the hell hexblade is supposed to be.

The different pacts (Blade, Chain, etc) should've been the subclasses and Hexblade should have been Pact of the Blade. The patrons should've been like Cleric deities, where you can fit them regardless the mechanical benefits of the class.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

The different pacts (Blade, Chain, etc) should've been the subclasses and Hexblade should have been Pact of the Blade. The patrons should've been like Cleric deities, where you can fit them regardless the mechanical benefits of the class.

...5th Edition, am I right? 🙃

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Medullah posted:

Gimme repeatable content like dungeons so I can experiment with different endgame builds

I would play the shiiiiiit out of a re-made "Black Pits" - the gladiator arena add-on they made for the enhanced editions of BG1/BG2. It was dumb as poo poo but super fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I'm probably going to try an honor mode run next, planning out my party. The way it's working out there is probably going to be a lot of electrified water one party member who needs to concentrate is probably going to be standing in a lot. Is there anything besides the sparkswall ring, like a spell I'm overlooking or something that can prevent them from taking a concentration check from that? I want to do a radiating orb / reverberation stacking build with that character. That'd be something like bard 10/cleric 2 running spirit guardians, then I'd have a monk 9/rogue 3 and a battlemaster fighter run in and lay down even more conditions when the enemy's physical saving throws are massively debuffed. The odd man out here may be the Evo wizard 10 / cleric 2 I want to play as my character but I really want to make it work.

You’d need at least 5 points in Cleric to get spirit guardians. With the setup you’ve described I don’t see why you’d need to worry too much about electrified water surfaces since those are usually part of a Tempest Cleric / Storm Sorc kit that abuse quickened spell to cast create water and lightning bolt on the same turn. If you want to have your Cleric run around debuffing and stacking radiant orbs on everyone, you can just keep them as a pure Light Cleric with Phalar Aluve and give the reverberation gear to your Evo Wizard who can then do mega thunder damage with MM. Less gear overlap that way. Then if you really want to inflict mass status effects, save all those points in Bard for the 2 Paladin / 10 Swords Bard build that abuses helm of arcane acuity + band of the mystic scoundrel to cast enchantment spells as a bonus action.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Lore Bard 6 can take Spirit Guardians for magical secrets, did you just want the cleric levels for Channel Divinity?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm really not that familiar with DnD, 5e or otherwise, and have only now realised the point of binding weapons with warlocks.

I'm assuming it's best to just go ham and give them as powerful a 2-handed weapon as possible?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

I'm really not that familiar with DnD, 5e or otherwise, and have only now realised the point of binding weapons with warlocks.

I'm assuming it's best to just go ham and give them as powerful a 2-handed weapon as possible?

Unless they're a human and therefore have inate shield proficiency, yes.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Give your warlock a huge sword and Great Weapon Master. Hit your enemies until they are dead. Season with Eldritch Blast and Hunger of Hadar to taste. Bing bang boom.

That and your charisma letting you blow through dialogue makes warlock the true brainlet class but that's just fine by me

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

NeurosisHead posted:

Lore Bard 6 can take Spirit Guardians for magical secrets, did you just want the cleric levels for Channel Divinity?

Yeah that character was going to be a lore bard. My idea was to take channel divinity as a storm cleric to get create water to support the wizard and do maxed double damage themselves with lightning bolt or glyph or warding. You also get medium armor proficiency and shields from dipping cleric there, plus heavy armor and martial weapons from storm cleric. Since I posted that I had the thought I could do something like sorc 1/ lore bard 6/ paladin 5 so they get proficiency in constitution saves from starting sorc and can throw out smites in melee then try my best to always have exlixirs of peerless focus for them but then they can't use create water though which is crucial for the wizard.

I guess I've come to the conclusion a sprit guardians focused build and a lightning focused wizard don't go together very well. A land druid probably goes better with a lightning wizard and something like, I don't know, warlock probably goes better with a spirit guardians debuffer. Theory crafting is probably my favorite thing in games like this though. I'm going to look more at what I could swap the lightning wizard out for, something ranged that can take advantage of debuffed physical saves most likely.

In the meantime I'm pretty sure the ideal party for the lightning wizard would be them, a land druid of some flavor, a throwing barbarian, and a dual crossbow sword bard 6/thief 4/fighter 2 but that is very similar to what I did most of act 3 with on my last run. That bard might be the biggest one round single target damage in the game, it's what I used on my main character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Spirit Guardians tend to synergize better with a more melee-centric party because enemies will all clump together where you can more easily stack radiant orbs and impose severe disadvantage simply by your Cleric running around to provoke attacks of opportunity. Then you don't need to worry much about Concentration breaking on surfaces at all since most Radiant AOEs don't hit allies.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Yeah I was going to put a monk and battlemaster with that build. I might just wait on that because I wanted to go evil this time and when Karlach eats a coin she actually gets an additional 2d4 unarmed damage even when not raging so she'd be the monk.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the weekend is saved, Lets loving Go

"Does the extender support hotfix 19?

Yes.
Does the extender support patch 6?

Yes."

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the weekend is saved, Lets loving Go

"Does the extender support hotfix 19?

Yes.
Does the extender support patch 6?

Yes."

I took a punt on using the WASD movement mod in combination with the camera mod I was already using now that most mods seem to be working again. It's crazy how well it works, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if Larian had been toying with having a traditional 3rd person camera in place for much of development. The environments have so much detail that you simply wouldn't see otherwise.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

They nuked the establishing a baseline post and this definitely didn't hit the wayback machine https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GTgQtHP2CToXI2QWPg2VaQs7YRNQhV0JyTT6Ea4S52Y/edit I might remember the steps when I get a chance to go through my folders.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
imo patch 4 was much worse than 6, I literally just couldn’t play the game until patch 5 came out

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm switching from vortex to mod manager, do I need to add improved UI and Mod Fixer to the load order, or are they fine down there?

why the hell is my screen shot so tiny lol, i even removed timg, the two mods are at the bottom in a section labeled "overrides"

\/\/\/\/\/ ty!

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 23, 2024

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Soonmot posted:

I'm switching from vortex to mod manager, do I need to add improved UI and Mod Fixer to the load order, or are they fine down there?

down there is where they want to be

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Tiny screenshots to hide the dick physics.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

rip to the guy who failed an honor mode run by getting all the way to the epilogue and failing the "resist urge to eat brains" roll.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Thundarr posted:

rip to the guy who failed an honor mode run by getting all the way to the epilogue and failing the "resist urge to eat brains" roll.

Big ooof

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Thundarr posted:

lol is this something you have to pass if your main character is a mind flayer?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Yes it is

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
That rules.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Also that’s what you deserve for not just nuking Gale at the end if you’re doing an honor mode run.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Also that’s what you deserve for not just nuking Gale at the end if you’re doing an honor mode run.

That’s the kicker, the guy sacrificed Gale and let that happen anyway because he didn’t think there’d be any real consequence for failing the roll.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Regarding the finale do you want to be holding the hammer when you climb or does it just need to be in your inventory

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Just needs to be in your inventory, pretty sure.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Bum the Sad posted:

You mean first best option dumbass

That's why you go with her and have a grand ol time smooching and murdering

I was a little surprised that Karlach doesn’t get to just move in to the House of Hope and serve as the bouncer. Her engine was happy there, Hope could use some company and muscle to prevent anyone else trying to take it from her. I suppose there might be some interludes there because Karlach has to take a long rest somewhere

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Black Noise posted:

Regarding the finale do you want to be holding the hammer when you climb or does it just need to be in your inventory

Fun fact I imagine very few players saw this compared to just doing House of Hope but if you took his deal Raphael will bring the hammer to you if you left it at camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hzhy4b78OE

"Please stop trying your hardest to snatch failure from the jaws of victory."

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ashcans posted:

I was a little surprised that Karlach doesn’t get to just move in to the House of Hope and serve as the bouncer. Her engine was happy there, Hope could use some company and muscle to prevent anyone else trying to take it from her. I suppose there might be some interludes there because Karlach has to take a long rest somewhere

She probably didn't want Zariel nuking it from orbit cos she has trouble letting things go

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The Dead Three, am I right? What losers. You know why they will never conquer the world? They don't have the Bhaals!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Black Noise posted:

It needs to be in your inventory before you ride the dinghy. There’s no way to go back for it and you’ll fail every hammer related quest once the cinematic ends.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
tee hee hee ride the dinghy

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

mycot posted:

Fun fact I imagine very few players saw this compared to just doing House of Hope but if you took his deal Raphael will bring the hammer to you if you left it at camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hzhy4b78OE

"Please stop trying your hardest to snatch failure from the jaws of victory."

They went to pretty great lengths to have completely voiced contingency cutscenes for nearly everything you might do to try to gently caress up the game. For example, there's one for (act 1 Durge) waiting until Alfira shows up at camp and then having somebody other than Durge kill her before you rest. Sceleretas Fel will show up and chastise you for biffing his easy layup, but he's sure you'll do better next time. No you don't get the cape if you do this.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I need some guidance here. I'm in Baldur's Gate, and talked to Investigator Dumbo, who gave me a pass to the lower city. However, when I go to the gate at the southern part they still block me and tell me no access, and I don't see a conversation option to use the pass. Any idea?

Edit - NM, I thought the lower city was the gate south of Rivington, not the north part of the map. Durr

Medullah fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 24, 2024

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Man does gortash loving suck, all that build up to his fight and it's stupid home alone bullshit with traps everywhere. shadowheart just paddy mahomesing grenades all over the place, karlach amped up on hill giant juice throwing gortash through tables, orin better be better than this smdh

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ashcans posted:

You can talk to her about this, she says the material plane is her home and she's sick of the hells.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Man does gortash loving suck, all that build up to his fight and it's stupid home alone bullshit with traps everywhere. shadowheart just paddy mahomesing grenades all over the place, karlach amped up on hill giant juice throwing gortash through tables, orin better be better than this smdh

It won’t be. You’ll probably just kill her with a scroll or two and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Bum the Sad posted:

It won’t be. You’ll probably just kill her with a scroll or two and move on.

re: Orin, I 1v1'd her with a max level Open Hand Monk and didn't take damage