Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve still got two episodes left right? I’ll be interested in seeing where things go from here. Also the version I watched cuts off around the 23:30 mark, anything of particular note happen after that?

Seiyal posted:

Either this is a up charge tax for this specific store or Toei is charging more for this set.

(Spoilering and breaking the link in case you want to be surprised for Shout’s next Blu-ray announcement that Barnes and Noble leaked)

[url]https://[/url] https://www.barnesandnoble.com/ w/ dvd-kamen-rider-geats-the-complete-series-kamen-rider-geats-the-complete-series-8pc/ 1144843733?ean=0826663245066

Speaking of, is Shout still doing Sentai releases or was Fiveman the last one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Are you spoiler warning an announcement of a blu ray release?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Are you spoiler warning an announcement of a blu ray release?

I didn’t, the person I quoted did (as literally mentioned in the post). But yeah, Geats is getting on official western release it seems

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Larryb posted:

I didn’t, the person I quoted did (as literally mentioned in the post). But yeah, Geats is getting on official western release it seems

Hopefully that price is just a placeholder, because that's way too expensive.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Hopefully that price is just a placeholder, because that's way too expensive.

They posted this yesterday so unfortunately that might be accurate:

https://twitter.com/tokushoutsu/status/1757492285238042851

I guess the Kamen Rider license is more expensive or something

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://shoutfactory.com/products/kamen-rider-geats-the-complete-series
That is indeed the price but it is currently on sale for $79.99

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

https://shoutfactory.com/products/kamen-rider-geats-the-complete-series
That is indeed the price but it is currently on sale for $79.99

Also according to the press release it’ll be on Shout TV by tomorrow and Tubi in April

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It somehow took me this long to realize that Gotchard's Zukyunpire arc is happening now because of Valentine's Day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There was a stream during tonight’s SHT where we formally met the new Sentai actors:

Bun Red / Taiya Handou - Haruhi Inouchi
Bun Blue / Ishirou Meita - Yuki Hayama
Bun Pink / Mira Shifuto - Miu Suzuki
Bun Black / Jou Akuse - Ryu Saitou
Bun Orange / Genba Bureki - Satoru Souma

Junichi Suwabe, Nana Mizuki and Sumire Morohoshi will be playing the primary villains while Rica Matsumoto will be returning to the franchise as the voice of the team’s equipment/megazord in addition to singing the ED

Also all the info revealed during the stream is up on Toei’s website now should anyone want to translate further:

https://www.toei.co.jp/tv/boonboomger/story/1233828_3486.html

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 18, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait.

"Taiya" = Tire.
"Handou" = Handle, aka steering wheel.
"Mira" = mirror.
"Shifuto" = shift, as in, gears.
"Akuse" = accel(erate).
"Bureki" = brake.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gustavaumjri/status/1759029987733061832

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems very Go-Onger esque and it looks like there will be a bit less green screen usage this time. Looks fun honestly

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Junpei posted:

Wait.

"Taiya" = Tire.
"Handou" = Handle, aka steering wheel.
"Mira" = mirror.
"Shifuto" = shift, as in, gears.
"Akuse" = accel(erate).
"Bureki" = brake.

fukkin' lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also god, this week's King-Oh

lmao that they literally just did avengers endgame

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

King Ohger rules so hard. I think that every week but goddamn, it just keeps outdoing itself. I've started recommending it to friends who don't even like Sentai/Japanese media in general.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I couldn't agree more with the King-ohger praise, I spent this entire episode going "oh my god, holy poo poo, that's so cool" over and over and over. What an insane show. It may genuinely dethrone Shinkenger as my favourite series ever if the last episode is as good as the rest has been, and I see no reason to believe it won't.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

KingOhger is officially one of my top favorite Sentai shows (if not a strong contender for the #1 spot), that was loving awesome

Has a Vs DonBrothers been formally announced yet out of curiosity?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, along with vs Kyoryuger

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

I couldn't agree more with the King-ohger praise, I spent this entire episode going "oh my god, holy poo poo, that's so cool" over and over and over. What an insane show. It may genuinely dethrone Shinkenger as my favourite series ever if the last episode is as good as the rest has been, and I see no reason to believe it won't.

Shinkenger was my first real Sentai series and while I think I rank Gokaiger higher King-Ohger might top them both.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, along with vs Kyoryuger

Oh right, they aired a teaser not too long ago. I remember now

But yeah, even if somehow this show manages to crash and burn right at the finish line (which doesn’t seem possible at this point) I’d still say it was worth the ride overall

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
For those who were surprised by the appearance of named characters that hadn't appeared in the series before, they came from the movie which has been subbed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm so impressed that they tailored a new suit for HatchiOhger Emeritus .

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm so impressed that they tailored a new suit for HatchiOhger Emeritus .

Toei’s been doing stuff like that since at least Dekaranger though (DekaGold has whole seconds worth of in-suit screentime in the movie and they still made a new suit for her) but it’s still cool nonetheless

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Without looking closely, given how simple the suits are, they may have just reused the armor portions over a different undersuit. It's possible they also have it prepared for Suzume's turn in the suit

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't understand how Kingohger was so hype when I don't know who a bunch of these people are.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caphi posted:

I don't understand how Kingohger was so hype when I don't know who a bunch of these people are.

Watch the movie

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I saw a couple episodes of Heir To The Steel Armor and it was pretty ok. They've def toned tone the gratuitous content to just blood and cleavage. Its like Kamen Rider for people like to cuss.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

coconono posted:

I saw a couple episodes of Heir To The Steel Armor and it was pretty ok. They've def toned tone the gratuitous content to just blood and cleavage. Its like Kamen Rider for people like to cuss.

I have to imagine that toning things down would be part of the plan to not get immediately banned on YouTube but I don’t know how “bad” (from previous seasons standpoint) things are to compare there.

Also on a very different note, did we end up with any information from the Kakuranger 30 project or did things get drowned out with the other Sentai press conference?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seiyal posted:

I have to imagine that toning things down would be part of the plan to not get immediately banned on YouTube but I don’t know how “bad” (from previous seasons standpoint) things are to compare there.

Also on a very different note, did we end up with any information from the Kakuranger 30 project or did things get drowned out with the other Sentai press conference?

It turned out to be nothing as I recall

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.news-postseven.com/archives/20240224_1943313.html/3

The head writer of King-Ohger confirms that Rita is gender neutral in this article, going so far as to say ジェンダーニュートラル in English to refer to them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

The head writer of King-Ohger confirms that Rita is gender neutral in this article, going so far as to say ジェンダーニュートラル in English to refer to them.

I shouldn't have to ask but was that really up for debate?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

I shouldn't have to ask but was that really up for debate?

They dressed up like a female idol singer in one episode but that was just a disguise so no, not really

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Waffleman_ posted:

This seems like it "proves" the opposite of that, given that the writer is bringing Rita up in a list of female characters in a topic about how he writes a variety of female characters with different affects and motivations.

Like, identify with whatever you want, and Rita is a fantastic character for it, but this debate over what's real and what isn't is honestly the least interesting part of any of this, exactly because of the nuance with which they perform different identities in different contexts, despite a couple minor stumbles in its execution.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Caphi posted:

This seems like it "proves" the opposite of that, given that the writer is bringing Rita up in a list of female characters in a topic about how he writes a variety of female characters with different affects and motivations.

Like, identify with whatever you want, and Rita is a fantastic character for it, but this debate over what's real and what isn't is honestly the least interesting part of any of this, exactly because of the nuance with which they perform different identities in different contexts, despite a couple minor stumbles in its execution.

I know, it's Google translate, but theres the extra context in the same passage. He puts Rita with those other female characters because the actress is female or otherwise non-male which is part of the broader subject.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I would not trust Google translate of all things to convey certain nuances, particularly relating to gender which it commonly can't deal with well

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

King-Ohger....

was crazy good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We also got our first proper look at the upcoming VS films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qai5BtJm2w

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shuggoddamn what a SHOW. Insane highs for Sentai right here, with the political side, the character side, the emotions, the music, the giant fights, everything being so insanely good. The beginning is a bit slow but once it gets past that it's peak Sentai no matter from where you see it.

Conclusion: it's alright.

IT'S ALRIIIIIIGHT

YOU'RE PEAK

I never expected something to dethrone (heh) Shinkenger as my favourite show but I think we're there guys. This may be a new favourite for me. They truly conquered the world and my heart.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Crossposting from the BSS action figure thread:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Checked out P-Bandai's Japan site and jesus christ, they are taking pre-orders of the SH Figuarts Ace Killer battle of Golgotha set from Ultraman Ace. Includes Ace Killer, all the different mimicked beam attacks, Ace's final beam, robot parts for Ace, and the five cross pedestals so you can crucify the Ultra brothers (sold separately) on them.

This is insane and I loving love it

(Click through for big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also from what I’ve been hearing, apparently Mira (Pink) will be the main lens character for BoonBoomger similar to how Haruka was in DonBrothers