Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

there you go, you’re welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The chapo reddit thread is hilarious, they’re all convinced he was bad but I think Elon’s a joke, and he reacted appropriately.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Something awful invented Posting and is therefore the root of all evil on the internet

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Something awful invented Posting and is therefore the root of all evil on the internet

We used to post on finger servers before sa

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ed zitron used to have a podcast called “Scumbag” with felix and iirc the overwhelming consensus was “wow ed zitron sucks”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh, was this before Chapo took off?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Xaris posted:

I liked ed and I think it started off strong but then halfway through he was definitely far too mad to be funny. it's like snl lib comedians trying to own the chuds or visa-versa where its just not funny because they're fuming

i did like the half-dozen somethingawful callouts. it's very funny that these dead gay comedy forums haven't been relevant in like 15 years and yet receive a fairly outsized callout on chapo all the time

He was good with Felix and Will, but yeah, it does seem like he was just frothing at the mouth at a certain point.

I just want to turn the ed zitron dial down like 30%. One less cup of coffee for Ed Zitron before he casts pod, maybe a quick walk around the park with a cherished friend.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

ed zit sucked rear end. sub-musk thread tier burns. Couldn’t figure out if the boer white-replacement guy was racist or not and why he was worried about birthrates. Weird! must just like humans a lot idk lol 🤪

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Punished Turtle posted:

sub-musk thread tier burns.
yeah i loled when he was calling musk a nincompoop. like come on. a bunch of worse than gbs musk thread dunks

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

latest trillbillies had me rolling
https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/1761024992890728840

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Zitron is mid but so is modern chapo

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

tokin opposition posted:

Ed Midtron

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

I didn't like the guy on the recent Musk Chapo. Way too mad at Musk, and he seems like one of the morons who literally only realized Musk is bad/dumb after he took over Twitter. I lol'd at the part where he was like "why won't the other tech CEOs speak out?!"

the thing about the tech ceos was clearly rhetorical

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The first part about AI was interesting but I feel like Elon Musk is well-trod ground at this point. Is there any real new outrage or is he just continuing to exist in the exact same form as he has for years yet somehow multiplying outrage

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
twitter still works what’s the problem

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

drat thanks for posting this it didn't show up on the patreon feed for some reason

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Ed also had hosed up opinions about diablo 2 iirc

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

slave to my cravings posted:

twitter still works what’s the problem

People mad about accounts they shouldn't be following posting things they have no interest in, and advocating for them to be done away with on an administrative level. Basically forums wars but the subforum in question is one of the most popular sites on the internet. Those contrary opinions simply shouldn't be allowed to exist

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Karach posted:

???

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Karach posted:

yeah that was the most hosed up part of the episode, to me

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

I listened to more Ed "shitfucks" Zitron just for you

starts at 48:41. he says that the first two games are as boring as diablo 4.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

crepeface posted:

oh, was this before Chapo took off?

no like 2016 or so

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
at this point I am happy that it isn't felix just recycling Vaati lore he heard while vaping.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

you can never be too mad at musk. i don’t care how cringe it is i hope he inspires the shinzo abe treatment

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Karach posted:

I listened to more Ed "shitfucks" Zitron just for you

starts at 48:41. he says that the first two games are as boring as diablo 4.
WoW is the more engaging blizzard franchise sorry

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
failing out of a D tier state college cause you played too much world of Warcraft, many such cases

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dokapon Findom posted:

People mad about accounts they shouldn't be following posting things they have no interest in, and advocating for them to be done away with on an administrative level. Basically forums wars but the subforum in question is one of the most popular sites on the internet. Those contrary opinions simply shouldn't be allowed to exist

"contrary opinions" like "minorities should be killed," "hitler did nothing wrong and we should do it again," and naming your account the n word

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

An important part of the Ed Zitron canon is that he was a marketing and advertising guy by trade before pivoting to an online politricks career. Whether that means he's a coddled dipshit or feigning rage for clout I'll leave as an exercise to the reader. I heard he had a podcast with Drew Toothpaste for awhile where all he talked about was how much he loved his Peloton, however, which surely factors in somewhere.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Son of Sorrow posted:

An important part of the Ed Zitron canon is that he was a marketing and advertising guy by trade before pivoting to an online politricks career. Whether that means he's a coddled dipshit or feigning rage for clout I'll leave as an exercise to the reader. I heard he had a podcast with Drew Toothpaste for awhile where all he talked about was how much he loved his Peloton, however, which surely factors in somewhere.

lol

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Son of Sorrow posted:

can't believe the guy rhapsodizing about his Apple toys shilled for the baby-munching treadmill company

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

the milk machine posted:

"contrary opinions" like "minorities should be killed," "hitler did nothing wrong and we should do it again," and naming your account the n word

And even worse, thinks Diablo 2 is a boring game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
drew toothpaste? the penny arcade documentary guy????

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
shocking development: huge lib doesn't understand the world and is sputtering angry about it

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Al! posted:

drew toothpaste? the penny arcade documentary guy????

He's pretty prolific in starting new projects, I'm afraid I don't know his whole catalog. My primary source of familiarity is when he was having a series of psychotic breaks because his webcomic got popular, some of them revolving around the derealizing experience of the grocery store.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Son of Sorrow posted:

My primary source of familiarity is when he was having a series of psychotic breaks because his webcomic got popular, some of them revolving around the derealizing experience of the grocery store.

this is what happens when you dont read theory

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Son of Sorrow posted:

He's pretty prolific in starting new projects, I'm afraid I don't know his whole catalog. My primary source of familiarity is when he was having a series of psychotic breaks because his webcomic got popular, some of them revolving around the derealizing experience of the grocery store.

Bloggers...

https://twitter.com/smallunnaturals/status/1088214052071972870?t=X5cF1FcDRP0-ZvUy0Zr_iA&s=19

https://twitter.com/janem00n/status/1761073028916461936?t=_CBoU9_4WYGtZ6-6VfrXyQ&s=19

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

speaking of drew toothpaste,

https://twitter.com/janem00n/status/1761292270769246270

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Hooplah posted:

And even worse, thinks Diablo 2 is a boring game

well its no warcraft 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll