Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Accipiter posted:

"Fake lawsuit?" I'm pretty sure it was real. With real attorneys and a real judge in a real courtroom with real documents.

lol those idiots that pleaded guilty for a fake trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shishkahuben posted:

I'm curious to see how, if at all, trungo's performance will fluctuate this year. Is his support in freefall as it becomes obvious he's hosed? Does his inability to stop stealing from the cookie jar affect his campaigning? Do particularly damning court cases hurt turnout, or inflate it? Can Haley stay in the air long enough for Trump to hit a mountain? Many such questions!

New day, same tired lamentation. Get new "stuff!"

Bouffant is out! Bulbous is in!

I mean, pretty soon no one in the GOP is going to have money

Their fundraising is abysmal, Trump is actively hiding data showing his donor base drying up, the legal fees and fines alone have to be approaching a billion dollars, if not more

If it wasn't for the sheer massive presence and influence and infrastructure of RWM I would say the dems were effectively in a free election, but voting is still crucial, absolutely no complacency

I am curious what the GOP's campaigns look like in the summer when they are heavily in debt and out of money though. Do they just do cheap town halls? Do they even buy commercials?

I've never quite seen a modern major political party just run out of money.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Mormons are also by far some of the top family history researchers in the world, and if you are interested in where your family comes from at all in terms of your ancestors, you've probably used their sites.

Like they have a lot of infrastructure that could actually do a lot of net good, shame about supporting fascists for the most part though.

It's even crazier, cuz ancestry.com and it's affiliates are owned by the Mormon church and that company has singlehandedly been responsible for digitizing countless probate inventories and church records as well as wills, etc. Historians owe a big, weird debt to the Mormon church even though they're doing it for their own bizarre reasons.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

TulliusCicero posted:

Their fundraising is abysmal, Trump is actively hiding data showing his donor base drying up, the legal fees and fines alone have to be approaching a billion dollars, if not more

If it wasn't for the sheer massive presence and influence and infrastructure of RWM I would say the dems were effectively in a free election, but voting is still crucial, absolutely no complacency

I am curious what the GOP's campaigns look like in the summer when they are heavily in debt and out of money though. Do they just do cheap town halls? Do they even buy commercials?

I wonder that Trump wringing all that money out of billionaires that might otherwise be spent on GOP campaigning might be what saves us from him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

only thing is that media loves to give Trump free publicity

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

TulliusCicero posted:

Fox and CNN will give them what they want for free. I'd actually look forward to a world without political commercials.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Riven posted:

Also they use that infrastructure to posthumously baptize everyone’s dead relatives in an attempt to bring about the end times.

I remember at some point they were posthumously baptizing Jewish victims of the holocaust and that really kicked the hornets’ nest because what the gently caress makes them think that baptizing people who died in the name of their religion is appropriate?

Haverchuck posted:

I wonder that Trump wringing all that money out of billionaires that might otherwise be spent on GOP campaigning might be what saves us from him

It really is incredible how all this money is disappearing and nobody in the GOP is saying “we should cut this rear end in a top hat loose”.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I seriously doubt the secret service would have allowed that to happen.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
the old guard GOP politicians retiring is the biggest sign that the whole party is near collapse, anyone still in the game is either in denial, or just that addicted to grifting that they'll never stop

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Machai posted:

I seriously doubt the secret service would have allowed that to happen.

He's having difficulty discerning between reality and the things he dreams about at night. His brain is fine, though.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

funeral home DJ posted:

It really is incredible how all this money is disappearing and nobody in the GOP is saying “we should cut this rear end in a top hat loose”.

I mean, a lot of GOP establishment seems to loving hates his guts for messing with the money train, they just keep it behind closed doors. It's why you have things like the election case going forward in Georgia, where the local party apparatus feels secure enough in their position to oppose him.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

funeral home DJ posted:

I remember at some point they were posthumously baptizing Jewish victims of the holocaust and that really kicked the hornets’ nest because what the gently caress makes them think that baptizing people who died in the name of their religion is appropriate?

Look the Church is just trying to do what’s best for humanity.

Yeah and they said they stopped but I think they just got quieter about it. I’m an atheist and don’t really care but for the people who do it’s horrific.

But since I don’t care I will say that the digitization of records they did is quite amazing. My great grandfather emigrated from Ukraine and nobody in my family really knew from where but using Ancestry some cousin found his birth recorded by the local chapel in this little village. Some Mormon missionaries probably digitized it and put it Ancestry to be found.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know I think Biden has suffered some decline, but not 1/10th the decline Reagan had in his first term.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Shishkahuben posted:

I'm curious to see how, if at all, trungo's performance will fluctuate this year.

Civil court convictions won't move the needle much if at all for Republicans but if he gets convicted of criminal charges that is where things are going to start to change.

You'll absolutely see some double down harder than ever, and some violence too, but the ones who's brains aren't entirely mush will throw up their hands and walk away from the 2024 election. The civil cases are seen as appealable or just about money but the criminal cases can see him locked up (as much as he could be anyways) and that is looked upon very differently by a decent sized minority of Republicans.

That minority won't be going to vote Democrat but they also won't vote for a prisoner either.

So if the voting pattern holds similar to 2020 (which many think it'll be close enough to that to not matter) and a decent minority of R's refuse to vote for Trump he'll definitely lose. Won't take much. A few percent will do it since the vote was a very close call last time.

The more interesting part to me is if they'll also walk away from R down ballot votes as well. If they don't vote for the Senators and Congressmen you could see a R party wipe* out in a year that should be a slam dunk for them. Which would be a huge deal and a real game changer going forward.

*a "wipe out" for this coming electoral map would mean that the R's lose a seat in the Senate and lose 2-3+ dozen in the HoR. The R's are H E A V I L Y favored in the Senate for this electoral map so that losing a single seat to the D's would be pretty huge. The D's supposedly are modestly favored to get the HoR for the 2024 elections this go around but a 2-3 dozen swing in their favor in the HoR would also be huge. Honestly though if the D's can "just" hold the Senate (even that is a long shot) and get back the HoR that would still be a big deal. They're expected to lose the Senate in 2024 though if 2020 voting patterns hold due to the map.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You know I think Biden has suffered some decline, but not 1/10th the decline Reagan had in his first term.

Lol that we have to discuss whether a 77 year old and 81 year old are demented, or just old!?

and it's about the President of the United States of America

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And both could die any day now and it wouldn't be a surprise now that they are past the median age of dying. Their odds of dying go up every day.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

bird with big dick posted:

Well hopefully she’s successful and then she and the non trumpy republicans can get back to their core values of eliminating social programs so they can give tax breaks to the wealthy, and removing women’s bodily autonomy.

My friend in particular is literally a RINO, in that she’s told me she’s keeping her GOP affiliation so she can call herself a “lifelong Republican” when she speaks up for workers’/women’s/human rights at the only community political meetings of consequence where she lives.

And yeah she gets shouted at by chuds but doesn’t give a gently caress because she’s had 5 kids and a red faced manchild in a Punisher shirt calling her a Communist isn’t going to faze her.

I realize that, like, the one Republican I talk to regularly is not at all representative of the party but at the same time I’d like to believe that when Turmp finally dies (literally or politically or ideally both) there will be a massive course correction and room will open up for people whose motives are honest and who have good intentions—even if the way they go about realizing them is misinformed.

I’m reminded of another friend of mine who, when I met him, told me he was a young earth Creationist and his goal was to become a teacher so he could push students towards embracing Christian truth and Republican values…and is now a bisexual Communist who grudgingly participates in Democratic voter registration drives but would much rather be organizing a commune for unionized workers. His personality and values haven’t changed, he just became educated enough to recognize the right wing evangelical and Austrian School bullshit he’d been fed for what it was.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Waltzing Along posted:

And both could die any day now and it wouldn't be a surprise now that they are past the median age of dying. Their odds of dying go up every day.

If both of them did before election day, this country would see some wild times.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

For those curious about how pro life community views IVF

This is the biggest pro life website on the internet

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

mormons are funny as hell because they have a top tier language school

and they use it to teach the world about planet Kolob and Missouri was the location of the garden of eden

If Missouri was the garden of eden what does that make New Jersey?

Fucking Moron fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 24, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i cant believe trump died before going to jail, what a little bitch. rip i guess

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Also pro life twitter

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

free hubcaps posted:

It's even crazier, cuz ancestry.com and it's affiliates are owned by the Mormon church and that company has singlehandedly been responsible for digitizing countless probate inventories and church records as well as wills, etc. Historians owe a big, weird debt to the Mormon church even though they're doing it for their own bizarre reasons.

Mormons are crazy bullshit but they are smart enough to slowly change with the times unlike Catholics, in our lifetimes they will probably 180 on same sex marriage and other issues because they want to keep dragging people in and “saving souls” and making money. I also find Mormonism just weirdly fascinating.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Alabama Governor has responded with a cryptic as hell statement

quote:

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) said Friday that she supports “some couples hoping and praying to be parents who utilize IVF” and that she and GOP state lawmakers “are working on a solution to ensure we protect these families and life itself.”

“Some couples”

“Protect life itself”

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I'm trying to figure if there's going to be an effective way for democrats to hammer home the massive hypocrisy of the 'pro-life' republicans when it comes to IVF. Seems fraught.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

That's crazy, I had a dream I was mike pence.

"And when I woke up, my pillow was... well, the less said about the state of my pillow, the better."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Agents are GO! posted:

"And when I woke up, my pillow was... well, the less said about the state of my pillow, the better."

but mike lindell said my pillow was fine even if he is broke and they've been blacklisted everywhere.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mr. Nice! posted:

but mike lindell said my pillow was fine even if he is broke and they've been blacklisted everywhere.

and he firesale auctioned half his plant on a public industrial dealer

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’d pay good money to hear Trump explain his thoughts on the Alabama thing in real time. Not that Truth horseshit, he didn’t write that.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

“Some couples”

“Protect life itself”

“We took the next logical step after outlawing abortion but now we’re caught between honoring God (TRUMP) and God (GOD).”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

My friend in particular is literally a RINO, in that she’s told me she’s keeping her GOP affiliation so she can call herself a “lifelong Republican” when she speaks up for workers’/women’s/human rights at the only community political meetings of consequence where she lives.

And yeah she gets shouted at by chuds but doesn’t give a gently caress because she’s had 5 kids and a red faced manchild in a Punisher shirt calling her a Communist isn’t going to faze her.

I realize that, like, the one Republican I talk to regularly is not at all representative of the party but at the same time I’d like to believe that when Turmp finally dies (literally or politically or ideally both) there will be a massive course correction and room will open up for people whose motives are honest and who have good intentions—even if the way they go about realizing them is misinformed.

I’m reminded of another friend of mine who, when I met him, told me he was a young earth Creationist and his goal was to become a teacher so he could push students towards embracing Christian truth and Republican values…and is now a bisexual Communist who grudgingly participates in Democratic voter registration drives but would much rather be organizing a commune for unionized workers. His personality and values haven’t changed, he just became educated enough to recognize the right wing evangelical and Austrian School bullshit he’d been fed for what it was.

Your one friend reminds me of my dad. My dad is very much a conservative though not really about social poo poo but he hates trump chuds a lot and he just doesn’t get why these people still love trump and do all the awful. He is gonna vote Biden this year(voted Biden in 2020 and Johnson in 16) he wanted to vote for Haley but the abortion stuff and ivf has disgusted him. He is thinking of being independent.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Trinity is a shaky concept to begin with, I can see it be expanded to invoke Trump. Call it the Trumpity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

“Some couples”

“Protect life itself”

I think they are just hoping it goes away.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

I'm trying to figure if there's going to be an effective way for democrats to hammer home the massive hypocrisy of the 'pro-life' republicans when it comes to IVF. Seems fraught.

Already happening

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

The smart ones already left. See: increased levels of republican retirement/early retirement since 2020.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Trinity is a shaky concept to begin with, I can see it be expanded to invoke Trump. Call it the Trumpity.

Do the Trumpy Trump

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Also pro life twitter

These people are just so close to getting it. IVF is a fine thing, I really don't care what people do. But maybe the Bible is just wrong and not where you should be looking for guidance in your life in 2024?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jeeeesus Christ

Former Daily Wire Person

https://twitter.com/BenZeisloft/status/1759570854134841817?s=20