Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

watho posted:

can we go back to complaining about the servers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, this is even dumber than the Palworld thread devolving into "What Will Nintendo Do" for page after page

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

they should make it le-69 matchmaking error haha nice

I didn't play the last few pre-release patches so I don't know how much of the stuff that's new to me is actually new-new but some of the maps are looking really good lately, loving the new Gates of Solarum.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Jack Trades posted:

Just because you didn't read any of the answers, doesn't mean that there weren't any.

They were replies and not answers.
Anyway, so why wouldn't be carrying over characters you already leveled, albeit without gear, a solution?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
What's this games quivalent of PoE's /skills or whatever it is to check you've done enough sidequests to get the skill points?

Also I seem to be short on idol slots, is there a list somewhere of quests that give idols slots?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I would much rather have an empowered mono unlock rather than a campaign skip.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Pharnakes posted:

What's this games quivalent of PoE's /skills or whatever it is to check you've done enough sidequests to get the skill points?

Also I seem to be short on idol slots, is there a list somewhere of quests that give idols slots?

open the map and look to the bottom left

E: clicking on the sidequests with the map open will tell you their rewards. there's an overabundance of both types of quests so just pick the ones you want to do.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Pharnakes posted:

Open the map, look at the bottom left of the screen. Check quests in the quest log and they show you what the reward is

J
Jun 10, 2001

So how's the merchant guild economy playing out so far for those of you playing online? It seems like there is very little to spend gold on in this game so I'm wondering if the trading is going to end up d3-AH style where the prices of good items just go up forever.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought you used the faction currency for that stuff?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Please stop having a slapfight over campaign skip it's dumb.

Thanks I want to try one that swaps at some point but for now I'm happy being a bear.

That’s not to say that you can’t, but unless you have a particular plan in mind you’re likely handicapping yourself. Each of the forms (including human) have plenty of viable builds though.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

plvling in arena, so good.. so easy.... so safe!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

J posted:

So how's the merchant guild economy playing out so far for those of you playing online? It seems like there is very little to spend gold on in this game so I'm wondering if the trading is going to end up d3-AH style where the prices of good items just go up forever.

the market is good for specific uniques. everythingelse is sold at 0 gold for the reputation farming which is beyond insane how much rep you need to buy anything with even 1 lp

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i will say they have been trying non-stop to fix the online issues and apparently freaks are harassing them in discord

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

discord posted:

I quit my job and left my pregnant wife at the hospital so i could play this 3d online game. Thanks for ruining my life EHG, you are the worst. Give me my drat sugar cookie

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

That guy should just do what I do, and if a load doesn't go well just tab out, make a bad post in the last epoch thread on something awful, then try the zone again a few minutes later.

Edit: also I kept my job and didn't marry anyone or get them pregnant, which helps.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

just sitting at "Connecting" in the character screen

somebody load more coal into the servers

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Tiny Timbs posted:

just sitting at "Connecting" in the character screen

somebody load more coal into the servers

I made the mistake of making lunch and playing with my dogs and now I'm stuck here too.

guess I'll go back to playing with my dogs or like anything else while it gets resolved

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Grim Dawn and D4 have made me dependent on the evade button and it's getting me killed a ton in LE. Standing in the warning circle for an extra hit or two since I can just skip out of it right before the AoE goes off and...oh, dear.

e; alt-tabbing out during loading screens to farm a few pylons in GD isn't helping break that habit.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Grim Dawn and D4 have made me dependent on the evade button and it's getting me killed a ton in LE. Standing in the warning circle for an extra hit or two since I can just skip out of it right before the AoE goes off and...oh, dear.

e; alt-tabbing out during loading screens to farm a few pylons in GD isn't helping break that habit.

I bind one of the skills to a mouse thumb button and always have a travel move on it specced for minimum cooldown, I feel that is something vital to any build.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Equip a movement ability and bind that key to the space bar. I do this in PoE too

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Outside of random long loading screens I've somehow been playing online all day without issue. Did the second dungeon and thought the soul gambler was a cool mechanic

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Imaginary Friend posted:

Man does it feel nice reaching 50 bleed stacks on a boss before their health bar suddenly empties.

I have a terrible time figuring out how to build my skills to stack effects like this and end up with a dozen bleed, a dozen ignite, etc... I'm so bad at build planning. I just switched from Cthonic Fissure to Soul Feast and in some ways it's amazing and so much better (causing packs of garbage to simply cease existing) and in other ways it's kind painful because I can't just run around like a dumb-rear end on bosses while letting the Fissure do the work.

What I want to do is convert everything I possibly can to necrotic so I can just stack that, but it looks like that's not really an option as the curses do poison/bleed/fire stuff? If anyone has a nicely working Soul Feast build that I could look at to get ideas, I would enjoy doing that and be grateful.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

The Locator posted:

I have a terrible time figuring out how to build my skills to stack effects like this and end up with a dozen bleed, a dozen ignite, etc... I'm so bad at build planning. I just switched from Cthonic Fissure to Soul Feast and in some ways it's amazing and so much better (causing packs of garbage to simply cease existing) and in other ways it's kind painful because I can't just run around like a dumb-rear end on bosses while letting the Fissure do the work.

What I want to do is convert everything I possibly can to necrotic so I can just stack that, but it looks like that's not really an option as the curses do poison/bleed/fire stuff? If anyone has a nicely working Soul Feast build that I could look at to get ideas, I would enjoy doing that and be grateful.
I did this on a primalist/beast master so I'm not exactly sure of the skills, but gear with the dot you're after helps quite a bit. Especially if it has the duration stat. Haste makes numbers go up faster as well. I'm using a two-handed axe on mine so it would probably go even higher if I dual wielded but that's not as cool :D

Edit
Also, obviously a weapon with dot on attack if that exists (I know bleed does at least).

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I'm trying to follow this maxroll shaman totem build but I'm not sure I understand. It's a shitload of button presses just to clear trash. Summon crows, summon 3 totems which only last a few seconds, switch to spriggarn, push a few more things, maybe summon a healing totem?

Is there a better shaman build that's more straightforward and I can just blast through poo poo on the screen without endlessly summoning poo poo that either dies or does underwhelming damage?

edit: There is an upgrade to spriggarn form that makes the healing totems shoot thorns. Now it makes a little more sense, will continue with this guide for a bit

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 24, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Who do all dialogues have the "don't progress the campaign please" options?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Not to restart the campaign discourse but does the campaign just kind of uhhhhhh end after the snake lady?

I get that maybe they’re going to expand it but maybe throw a more obvious “To Be Continued” in there, lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Who do all dialogues have the "don't progress the campaign please" options?

do they? I just click the top option without looking and it always seems to progress but I'm only in my 40s

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Not to restart the campaign discourse but does the campaign just kind of uhhhhhh end after the snake lady?

I get that maybe they’re going to expand it but maybe throw a more obvious “To Be Continued” in there, lol

There is a To Be Continued or at least a "go do monos while we write the rest of the story" but it's in text/dialogue immediately after Majasa and lol at people reading text in ARPGs

They planned 3 more chapters of the story but prioritised other things for 1.0, which makes a certain amount of sense given their audience even if it annoys me (and me alone, I suspect)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

do they? I just click the top option without looking and it always seems to progress but I'm only in my 40s

I sometimes accidentally move the mouse while mashing, clicking the second option, quitting the dialogue and having to restart it again.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I also agree that respecing is very clunky right now, as I’m retooling from my leveling to my endgame build.

Is there really no “just respec all my passives” button?

Do we really need the deep penalty for skill respecialization?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

VanillaGorilla posted:

I also agree that respecing is very clunky right now, as I’m retooling from my leveling to my endgame build.

Skill penalty isn't really much at higher levels. I respecced a skill out for a new one on my legacy character and had the new skill at max level in like two monoliths.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

If you don't know what you're doing and respec a few skills at once while you're leveling it can be very annoying until your stuff relevels, doing 1 skill at a time usually isn't awful though.

It would be nice if the passive respec menu was a little more optimized though for sure.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah the skill respec thing is a bit annoying. I’m experimenting with skills and it stinks to have to restart leveling them, even with the XP bonus.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
yeah they should let us optionally pay gold or something to keep the points during respec

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Respeccing is a bit annoying early, but a complete non-issue later on. This should probably be the other way around, at least give out more minimum skill points earlier so you can actually test out skill defining passives immediately.

Syrinxx posted:

I'm trying to follow this maxroll shaman totem build but I'm not sure I understand. It's a shitload of button presses just to clear trash. Summon crows, summon 3 totems which only last a few seconds, switch to spriggarn, push a few more things, maybe summon a healing totem?

Is there a better shaman build that's more straightforward and I can just blast through poo poo on the screen without endlessly summoning poo poo that either dies or does underwhelming damage?

edit: There is an upgrade to spriggarn form that makes the healing totems shoot thorns. Now it makes a little more sense, will continue with this guide for a bit

You usually just want to sit in Spriggan form and cast totems and some utility. Druid transformations in general suck early on since you cant sustain the rage cost to save your life, but once you can sustain the forms it absolutely owns.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Is it really impossible to change 'mastery'?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus, game really blew up this weekend. 234,016 players online right now. :prepop:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Erulisse posted:

Is it really impossible to change 'mastery'?

There's a reason why "running the campaign 15 times" was mentioned specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

VanillaGorilla posted:

I just went through this and found for passive respecs, you can left click the node and hit enter so it's just a matter of spamming click->enter at least, instead of mousing over the node, then over the confirm button.