Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Thanks everyone for being considerate about leaks, I'm one of those people who would prefer to not see them :)

It's been really cool experiencing the last few chapters blind and I'm still mad about Wesker and Nicolas Cage being revealed in the most anticlimactic ways possible. Like god it was so depressing seeing the entire anniversary stream being set up around the Nic Cage reveal yet they had to drop the trailer before it, all because some rando did. Is the moment of attention really worth spoiling months of hard work and planning from dozens of creatives? (Directed at leakers themselves, not people in the thread, I know some people don't mind leaks and it's natural to want to discuss them.)

Really hope they can plug their leaks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/BDisgusting/status/1761122152508494263?s=20

Dunno if this is good or bad news?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It means the game is being kept on life support and their bringing in a skeleton crew to keep it alive for a bit longer. Expect no significantly new content that isn't just reskins. In the event there is new content it's likely just whatever is left over from the previous team.

This is exactly what happened to F13.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

It means the game is being kept on life support and their bringing in a skeleton crew to keep it alive for a bit longer. Expect no significantly new content that isn't just reskins. In the event there is new content it's likely just whatever is left over from the previous team.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Yikes. Like everyone saw the writing on the wall, but it's still disappointing. Asym games seem to mandate super responsive balance patches and thorough, careful design from the ground up around a player base that's primed to be exploitative of the slightest imbalance.

That same player base is often vocally toxic and is going to try and milk your game for as many hundreds of hours of #content as they can, while unfairly comparing you to a game that's been around for 7 years with a level of tie-ins increasingly comparable to Smash Brothers.

Thinking about it, does Among Us count as asymmetrical multiplayer? That feels like one of the few games that's actually managed to get a foothold, perhaps because it's so simple and elegant and really leans into the party game feel. Amogus, notably, also gives you a ton of tools to customize your own experience and always has, even before they added more classes.

Maybe people should go a little simpler with their asym games and focus less on star power, more on really nailing a set of solid underlying mechanics. That's all armchair dev stuff, of course, but it feels like these games always get undermined by critical mechanical flaws and teams that don't fix them quickly enough or at all.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

Yikes. Like everyone saw the writing on the wall, but it's still disappointing. Asym games seem to mandate super responsive balance patches and thorough, careful design from the ground up around a player base that's primed to be exploitative of the slightest imbalance.

That same player base is often vocally toxic and is going to try and milk your game for as many hundreds of hours of #content as they can, while unfairly comparing you to a game that's been around for 7 years with a level of tie-ins increasingly comparable to Smash Brothers.

Thinking about it, does Among Us count as asymmetrical multiplayer? That feels like one of the few games that's actually managed to get a foothold, perhaps because it's so simple and elegant and really leans into the party game feel. Amogus, notably, also gives you a ton of tools to customize your own experience and always has, even before they added more classes.

Maybe people should go a little simpler with their asym games and focus less on star power, more on really nailing a set of solid underlying mechanics. That's all armchair dev stuff, of course, but it feels like these games always get undermined by critical mechanical flaws and teams that don't fix them quickly enough or at all.

I feel like it was inevitable that people were going to make the comparison because the game is directly trying to compete with DbD. A big chunk of their player base came directly from DbD and I'm pretty sure they were aware that was going to happen.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Tiny Myers posted:

The problem is that the capitalist money crunch has pretty much destroyed the idea of AA game development(or AAA devs belting out cool side projects) and games as a service demands an almost unending amount of game dev time and funding even after the thing releases or it's considered dead and buried by both devs and players.

You basically have to hope some indie all stars devote themselves body and soul to a surprise hit, like your Deep Rock Galactics and so on. Any company big enough to step to BHVR doesn't want to unless they can somehow guarantee investors will get perfect returns on investment. Make a fun party game with a strong base and grow a devoted community? No thanks, pump and run if it doesn't virally explode after 2 months! Considering loving Killer Klowns just launched a game that I'd bet money will be abandoned within 2 months I think there really are just a few publishers and investors willing to buy cheap IPs and fire a blindside at DbD and hope something makes it catch. Then again games like Dragonball Breakers are still going, though that's the only one that comes to mind as bucking the trend I just established. There's probably also a few pure indie goofball titles like that one where the aesthetic was everybody as dolls. Seems to be the same problem MMOs had with WoW: it's possible to enter the field, nearly impossible to make the dollars line up if you try to out-muscle the gorilla in the room.

All this and to say nothing of keeping the good talent to nurture and support these kind of games in an industry infamous for overworking and underpaying.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Doomykins posted:

The problem is that the capitalist money crunch has pretty much destroyed the idea of AA game development(or AAA devs belting out cool side projects) and games as a service demands an almost unending amount of game dev time and funding even after the thing releases or it's considered dead and buried by both devs and players.

You basically have to hope some indie all stars devote themselves body and soul to a surprise hit, like your Deep Rock Galactics and so on. Any company big enough to step to BHVR doesn't want to unless they can somehow guarantee investors will get perfect returns on investment. Make a fun party game with a strong base and grow a devoted community? No thanks, pump and run if it doesn't virally explode after 2 months! Considering loving Killer Klowns just launched a game that I'd bet money will be abandoned within 2 months I think there really are just a few publishers and investors willing to buy cheap IPs and fire a blindside at DbD and hope something makes it catch. Then again games like Dragonball Breakers are still going, though that's the only one that comes to mind as bucking the trend I just established. There's probably also a few pure indie goofball titles like that one where the aesthetic was everybody as dolls. Seems to be the same problem MMOs had with WoW: it's possible to enter the field, nearly impossible to make the dollars line up if you try to out-muscle the gorilla in the room.

All this and to say nothing of keeping the good talent to nurture and support these kind of games in an industry infamous for overworking and underpaying.

All very good points.

Re: the dolls, that was Identity V, right? Wasn't that also benefited by being mobile before DBD Mobile was a thing thus carving out a niche, to the point that BHVR contracted its devs to work for them to make DBD Mobile, or do I have that mixed up?

I'm shocked DB: Breakers is still going, it sounded like it had some major balance issues and I wasn't expecting the devs to actually care about fixing them. Anyone here still playing that to weigh in on it? I'd love to hear more about how it's doing. It's certainly targeting a separate fanbase (anime fans) than "yet another horror title", so maybe that's part of it? It's pretty smart if you think about it, since anime is big on power fantasies, and the asym genre plays well into that, or it does until you reach the point of the learning curve where survivors start turning every game into the most tedious match of Tag.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

This is what I'm talking about. You don't know poo poo about gently caress. Friday the 13th happened the way it did because of the lawsuit.

They literally just announced they cast a horror icon for a future character. You think they'd even bother if this new team was just keeping the ship afloat? Its just as likely the company wasn't happy with the content or speed of release that team was outputting. No one knows.

Can you stop vomiting your negative bullshit all over everything posted? Between that and your deciding for people what opinions are wrong or right you're contributing nothing of worth.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

This is what I'm talking about. You don't know poo poo about gently caress. Friday the 13th happened the way it did because of the lawsuit.

They literally just announced they cast a horror icon for a future character. You think they'd even bother if this new team was just keeping the ship afloat? Its just as likely the company wasn't happy with the content or speed of release that team was outputting. No one knows.

Can you stop vomiting your negative bullshit all over everything posted? Between that and your deciding for people what opinions are wrong or right you're contributing nothing of worth.

You actually literally don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should chill out and stop being a weird reactionary. I am sorry you liked Lights Out and I thought it was a lazy pile of poo poo of a gamemode.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/friday-the-13th-the-game-development-new-team/

The shift in team with F13 had literally nothing to do with the lawsuit, they were two things that happened independent of each other.

But no you're right I am sure the <1k players on steam <1k viewers on twitch game that no one really cares about anymore that completely fumbled its post launch support/balance/and content releases is getting a dev team that will really kick it up and notch and not one that is just going to finish their contracted obligations until they pull the plug.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 24, 2024

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

You actually literally don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should chill out and stop being a weird reactionary. I am sorry you liked Lights Out and I thought it was a lazy pile of poo poo of a gamemode.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/friday-the-13th-the-game-development-new-team/

The shift in team with F13 had literally nothing to do with the lawsuit, they were two things that happened independent of each other.

I hated lights out so I think its you that needs to take a loving break. What I'm not doing is spitting negative takes about almost literally everything then pretending that what I say is fact and talking down to people who share a different opinion.

Regardless of a team switch the fate of F13 was sealed by the lawsuit not anything else. Ask literally anybody. They were in mid-development of the new game mode and had an almost ready new map from Jason X.

Do a history search of your posts since you started making GBS threads up this thread and count how many are actually contributing something versus just whining about almost everything, or making GBS threads on peoples opinions instead of having a healthy discussion. Including a probation for being an rear end in a top hat.

Take my advice or don't, but you are wrong here, friendo.

Edit: also people STILL play f13 so stop making a smaller niche game that was never meant to compete with DBD sound like its gasping its last breath.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Doomykins posted:

Preach. Capitalist brains are making new interesting game design so stymied. Look at hell divers 2, its loving great, by a small studio willing to just make a good game.

Like it wouldn't even be hard to make an asym better than DBD, its nearly a decade old and so many of its mechanics are straight up trash, but its the defacto best in the genre becuase there simply isn't anything better.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 24, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Guys, you're ruining National Banana Bread Day.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Guys, I'm really doubting your commitment to sparkle motion

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
They put Iron Maiden into this game, here's one of their best performances https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbrDwzxj-V8

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The menu music slaps

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Kwolok posted:

TCM isn't a live service game. A lot of people don't understand that. GUN said in 2023 that they would develop content until Aug 2024 and then re-evaluate. For whatever reason, people can't understand a game that isn't battlepass, FOMO inducing.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

temple posted:

TCM isn't a live service game. A lot of people don't understand that. GUN said in 2023 that they would develop content until Aug 2024 and then re-evaluate. For whatever reason, people can't understand a game that isn't battlepass, FOMO inducing.

They said that they hoped to develop more but it depended on demand, however they had content until 2024 guaranteed. But the plan was always to continue developing if the game was successful. Which it wasn't. Which is why it's being given to a different crew.

Like if you want to say "the game is fine, it'll trot along just like Friday the 13th, having a tiny but dedicated fan base," yeah sure but let's not pretend that going from 20k+ to <1k is anything other than a pretty massive playerbase loss in a multiplayer only game with extremely limited content.

If people love the game enough to continue playing the same five maps ad nauseum with 10 or so characters, then God speed to them. But let's not pretend this game didn't completely fumble their post launch support.

And yes, it doesn't have battle passes or other FOMO stuff but it does have skins that are just recolors at prices that would make dbd blush. At least I can earn a ton of skins in dbd without spending a cent, but if your want a better leatherface skin you have to drop the cost of the base game on something that does not even functionality alter the killer. I'd take dbd's model over the extremely lazy while simultaneously being extremely greedy model any day.

Edit: don't get me wrong I played a lot of TCM, I got my money's worth and I put it down a while ago. But it was absolutely positioned to be a live service game if they maintained the numbers.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 24, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

They said that they hoped to develop more but it depended on demand, however they had content until 2024 guaranteed. But the plan was always to continue developing if the game was successful. Which it wasn't. Which is why it's being given to a different crew.

Like if you want to say "the game is fine, it'll trot along just like Friday the 13th, having a tiny but dedicated fan base," yeah sure but let's not pretend that going from 20k+ to <1k is anything other than a pretty massive playerbase loss in a multiplayer only game with extremely limited content.

If people love the game enough to continue playing the same five maps ad nauseum with 10 or so characters, then God speed to them. But let's not pretend this game didn't completely fumble their post launch support.

And yes, it doesn't have battle passes or other FOMO stuff but it does have skins that are just recolors at prices that would make dbd blush. At least I can earn a ton of skins in dbd without spending a cent, but if your want a better leatherface skin you have to drop the cost of the base game on something that does not even functionality alter the killer. I'd take dbd's model over the extremely lazy while simultaneously being extremely greedy model any day.

Edit: don't get me wrong I played a lot of TCM, I got my money's worth and I put it down a while ago. But it was absolutely positioned to be a live service game if they maintained the numbers.
The game has instant queues, new content fans specifically asked for, and teased a new character. All this week. So strange you are making GBS threads on now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's me, the sucker. I bought the Dredge skin.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

temple posted:

The game has instant queues, new content fans specifically asked for, and teased a new character. All this week. So strange you are making GBS threads on now.

It has pretty good queues because there is absolutely zero matchmaking. But I tried playing recently at off hours and I gave up after 20 minutes of lobby simulator.

They still haven't fixed the lobby dodging/queueing problems.

I'm not making GBS threads on it now, I've been making GBS threads on the impressively bad mishandling of the game forever. I'm just laughing at the fact that the game is in such a downward spiral their giving it to a skeleton crew to life support it.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's really really good. The other iron maiden skins though aren't as cool as I thought they would be.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I said to myself no WAY id ever spend fifteen yoo ess dollars on a loving videogame skin and for years I scoffed and derided the concept of spending money for cosmetics and i still believe that but with the asterisk of i did get the Tiffany skin tho. Entity gets everyone in the end...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OxMan posted:

I said to myself no WAY id ever spend fifteen yoo ess dollars on a loving videogame skin and for years I scoffed and derided the concept of spending money for cosmetics and i still believe that but with the asterisk of i did get the Tiffany skin tho. Entity gets everyone in the end...

I stopped feeling bad about buying skins in game. $15 is pricey but honestly that's the cost of lunch one day so if it gives me more than a couple hours enjoyment, who cares.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I've never regretted buying Chris Redfield. I love him so much. I play him with a totem eating build and pretend like I'm getting rid of the dangerous BOW named "NOED". Scarfing Totems And Rescue Service :hai:

It's especially funny when I play with a friend using Sheva. The game isn't about surviving at that point, it's about making sure we rescue the "civilians", by any means necessary, including saving them from themselves by breaking 3-gens and whatnot. Even if we die, as long as they got out, our job is done.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I bought every single attack in Titan skin and have zero regrets.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

why didn't the unknown just hit the girl in the tent with his power 3 times to down her that way, is he stupid

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just one more paycheck and I can whale for the Iron Maiden skins, you will not be alone.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
The main argument against buying the latest new cool Dredge skin is that you already have half a dozen really cool Dredge skins.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

It has pretty good queues because there is absolutely zero matchmaking. But I tried playing recently at off hours and I gave up after 20 minutes of lobby simulator.

They still haven't fixed the lobby dodging/queueing problems.

I'm not making GBS threads on it now, I've been making GBS threads on the impressively bad mishandling of the game forever. I'm just laughing at the fact that the game is in such a downward spiral their giving it to a skeleton crew to life support it.
Lobby dodging is a problem. It's mostly because of Danny though, which is 100% the devs fault. He shouldn't have that ability, it can't be balanced. Otherwise, they've fixed other reasons people dodge like slaughterhouse/pressure tank.

Anyways, I know this is will be used to prove why the game is even deader than before

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

temple posted:

Lobby dodging is a problem. It's mostly because of Danny though, which is 100% the devs fault. He shouldn't have that ability, it can't be balanced. Otherwise, they've fixed other reasons people dodge like slaughterhouse/pressure tank.

Anyways, I know this is will be used to prove why the game is even deader than before

I don't want to continue being a negative Nancy but that Dev is literally a reactionary troll who can't manage his emotions and you literally cannot believe the things he posts.

Like have you seen the past melt downs he's had?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Kwolok posted:

I don't want to continue being a negative Nancy but that Dev is literally a reactionary troll who can't manage his emotions and you literally cannot believe the things he posts.

Like have you seen the past melt downs he's had?

:stare:

I feel compelled to know more.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Pyrolocutus posted:

:stare:

I feel compelled to know more.

I'm away on vacation right now phone posting but here is a good tip of the ice berg: https://reddit.com/comments/17aw6vx

Both Wes and Matt have terrible pr training or whatever because they are constantly posting melt downs on Twitter or in direct responses on Reddit. There were threads were reasonable criticism was reacted to bombastically and they would even respond to the petty lovely comments by getting into slap fights on Reddit.

Their behavior is hilariously petty, for a time they were banning people from their discord who were critical of the game, and not even people who were toxic but like people posting about their concerns.

On top of all of this they just have insanely dumb takes like defending cosmetic packs that are literally just recolors being sold at exorbitant prices, or saying that removing the car exploit on gas station actually took three months because the work was super hard and we totally don't understand how to do game dev!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

I'm away on vacation right now phone posting but here is a good tip of the ice berg: https://reddit.com/comments/17aw6vx

Both Wes and Matt have terrible pr training or whatever because they are constantly posting melt downs on Twitter or in direct responses on Reddit. There were threads were reasonable criticism was reacted to bombastically and they would even respond to the petty lovely comments by getting into slap fights on Reddit.

Their behavior is hilariously petty, for a time they were banning people from their discord who were critical of the game, and not even people who were toxic but like people posting about their concerns.

On top of all of this they just have insanely dumb takes like defending cosmetic packs that are literally just recolors being sold at exorbitant prices, or saying that removing the car exploit on gas station actually took three months because the work was super hard and we totally don't understand how to do game dev!

This is what you posted since it didn't embed.

I dunno, I don't think that's a "crazy meltdown", he's a bit sore that he's constantly hammered by people, which happens in every video game where the devs post any type of feedback. I follow him and haven't seen anything too crazy, but I don't look at every tweet.

As far as the work to do something...I *am* in Software development and sometimes it is really ridiculously hard to change things - whether it be fixing a bug or adding a feature. Aside from the actual coding, you still have to prioritize the work, get approval from management, QA it, and plan for an update package for it to be released. It's kinda lovely how pricy the cosmetics are, but that's a pandora's box that every game is dipping into. See Street Fighter 6 charging $15 for a skin that 95% of players will never see since it's only when you're walking around their virtual hub.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

What's the deal with Danny, as someone who doesn't play the game themselves to know?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How do you guys feel about the change to Wicked?

Now makes you 100% succeed at unhooking yourself in the basement and gives you killer aura reading when you're unhooked (not sure if it has to be basement hook as well)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Weak niche perk intended to combo with her ritual perk as a poor defense. The dream is to set up a ritual for that sweet, sweet gen completion and if you get interrupted then bamboozle that stupid killer by self unhooking. Of course I'm not convinced yet that using the ritual perk isn't a net loss to begin with. Going two perks in on hoping the killer is new or kind of dim and doesn't casually two hook you for putting yourself in an obvious basement, or wasting two perk slots to get a pretty bad time trade in exchange for putting loving No Mither on yourself willingly while giving away time to the killer. EHHHHHHHHHH. Really showing the perk design limitations over time here, BHVR.

The basement by design is tougher to escape and easier to significantly delay or remove multiple survivors. Being aware of the killer while unhooking from the basement is largely pointless because the killer is aware of you and you have a long 3+ second jog up the stairs. Also suffers from the typical niche perk problem of "empty slot if it doesn't come up." The best case use of the aura reading is that you see which way the killer is approaching the basement from, the only edge it has over terror radius. Uhhh.. stealth killers BTFO?

Destroyed by running something like Kindred + Deliverance. Sure, Kindred benefits others and Deliverance has a cost and a failure state. They still provide better reliable benefits and Deliverance will actually swing a game and bamboozle a killer for real. Also Wicked has the same failure state as Deliverance so lol.

I guess it'll be cute for the week after Sable release that every killer runs Territorial. :v: But Sable's kit design so far seems to be traps to trick survivors into weakening themselves and playing worse as a way to stealth balance the game?

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 26, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How do you guys feel about the change to Wicked?

Now makes you 100% succeed at unhooking yourself in the basement and gives you killer aura reading when you're unhooked (not sure if it has to be basement hook as well)

At first I thought it was god tier because of the aura reading, but I found out it's only if you're in the basement. It's pretty high risk, high reward, might save the day might be a waste of a perk slot. I personally don't see a place for it in my builds.

Killers bitching about it on Twitter/Reddit is hilarious. "Survivors will just run to the basement!" Okay...well you still get a hook state?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Doomykins posted:

Weak niche perk intended to combo with her ritual perk as a poor defense. The dream is to set up a ritual for that sweet, sweet gen completion and if you get interrupted then bamboozle that stupid killer by self unhooking. Of course I'm not convinced yet that using the ritual perk isn't a net loss to begin with. Going two perks in on hoping the killer is new or kind of dim and doesn't casually two hook you for putting yourself in an obvious basement, or wasting two perk slots to get a pretty bad time trade in exchange for putting loving No Mither on yourself willingly while giving away time to the killer. EHHHHHHHHHH. Really showing the perk design limitations over time here, BHVR.

The basement by design is tougher to escape and easier to significantly delay or remove multiple survivors. Being aware of the killer while unhooking from the basement is largely pointless because the killer is aware of you and you have a long 3+ second jog up the stairs. Also suffers from the typical niche perk problem of "empty slot if it doesn't come up." The best case use of the aura reading is that you see which way the killer is approaching the basement from, the only edge it has over terror radius. Uhhh.. stealth killers BTFO?

Destroyed by running something like Kindred + Deliverance. Sure, Kindred benefits others and Deliverance has a cost and a failure state. They still provide better reliable benefits and Deliverance will actually swing a game and bamboozle a killer for real. Also Wicked has the same failure state as Deliverance so lol.

I guess it'll be cute for the week after Sable release that every killer runs Territorial. :v: But Sable's kit design so far seems to be traps to trick survivors into weakening themselves and playing worse as a way to stealth balance the game?

The restriction of being in the basement also puts even more light on the issue of how it loving sucks that your non-SWF teammates can't see your build. People are going to start moving in as soon as they see you're in basement and if you're going to get value by waiting for the killer to leave chances are a survivor's already almost there by the time it's safe.

Truly inexcusable and hilarious that the mobile version lets you see your teammates' perks but DBD desktop does not.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nu Wicked is still at least playable, and actually can combo with either of her other Basement perks (which clash with each other funny enough).

It may go up in value if/when we get a good Invocation. As for now it takes an F tier to somewhere in D tier, so better than nothing?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the aura reading should just be from any unhook and not basement specific. Don't think it's OP at all to give you a slightly better chance against a tunneling killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think the aura reading should just be from any unhook and not basement specific. Don't think it's OP at all to give you a slightly better chance against a tunneling killer.

Yeah, though maybe cap it to a certain radius if you do that. 20 seconds is a long rear end time if a 4-man has that equipped. Though at a certain point you start to wonder if it's just better to take Kindred + Open Handed.